PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings (merged)

R'Albin
26-02-2011, 04:16 PM
wasnt able to make the game today, just wondering how everyone played? from what i hear booth and miller played well:aok:

great result today, top six here we come!:cgwa

frazeHFC
26-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Someone reply, i want to know too! :greengrin

hibee1875
26-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Stack - 8 - a few great shot stops to keep us ahead
Towell - 7 - couple of good runs, could work on his final ball though
Dickoh - 9 - MOM for me, won EVERYTHING
Hanlon - 8 - organised well
Booth - 8 - peach of a goal, sponsors MOM
Miller - 8 - allowed to play his game, great distribution
Scott - 7 - good dig once again
Pallsson - 8 - strolled it again
Wotherspoon - 6 - in need of a rest? Poor distribution at times
Sodje - 7 - good hold up play once again, defo not a natural finisher tho :wink:
Riordan - 7 - its only a matter of time before he scores another peach

Thornhill - still finding his feet i think
Stevenson - good goal, deflected but he took the chance by striking it in the first place
Nish - was Nish

MountcastleHibs
26-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Stack - 8. Done what he had to do when he was called upon.
Towell - 7. Provided good support up right hand side. Foran got in behind him too many times.
Dickoh - 7. Solid performance, looks like a good partnership with Hanlon.
Hanlon - 8. True captains performance. Lead from the back and is showing great potential.
Booth - 9. Up and down that left hand side like Murphy back in the day. Capped of with a great goal.
Wotherspoon - 7. Few good touches.
Palsson - 8. Solid, won the ball, very few errors.
Miller - 8. Best performance in a long time. Better keep it up.
Scott - 8. Great energy and provided good support. Looks like a fighter.
Sodje - 8. Held up ball well, unlucky on a couple of occasions.
Riordan - 7. I've been a massive critic of his, but he was a lot better today. Decision making still poor at times, but good performance.

Subs:

Thornhill - 6.
Stevenson - 7. Good goal, didn't contribute much past that.
Nish - not enough time to have a mark I'm afraid. Only touched the ball once (and lost it).

Jones28
26-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Stack: 7. Made some good saves and a terrific diving punch clearance. Kicking was good too.

Towell: 6. Didn't think he was at his best today. Not as forward thinking as he usually is.
Dickoh: 8. Solid, won everything that came his way.
Hanlon: 7. Average performance, won most headers and put some great tackles in.
Booth: 9 :not worth

Wotherspoon: 6. Poor today, misplaced passing and a lack of concentration.
Palsonn: 8. What a find he's been, rarely wasted a ball.
Miller: 8. A terrific effort from Liam today, showed the Hibs fans why he played for Man Utd. Great passing and showed a bit of bottle in the tackle which I haven't seen from him before.
Scott: 7. Still haven't seen enough from him to judge how good he is, but if his workrate and commitment remains as high as it was today then I think CC has found another gem.

Sodje: 7. held the ball up well and also came looking for the pass as opposed for waiting for the ball to find him, well done Akpo!
Riordan: 5. His ideas are almost always right but he seems to lack the the pace to follow them through, tested their goalkeeper well enough on one occasion though.

Stevenson: 7. He scored :flag:
Thornhill: 4. Wasn't in the game at all when he came on, but having seen him play previously I think he will be a decent player.
Nish: 3. Did he touch the ball? Once at best. Tbf he only had about 5 minutes.

Well done Hibs, keep it going :not worth:flag::top marks

YehButNoBut
26-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Impressive stats overall today

Possesion 57%

Shots on Target 9 Hibs 4 ICT

Shots off Target 8 Hibs 1 ICT

We seem to have improved a great deal over the last 4 games. :agree:

Plus a crowd of 13,841 the highest at ER since Hearts on Nov 7th, even higher than the Celtic match on Jan 15th.

Keep it up Hibees. :flag::cgwa

Winston Ingram
26-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Impressive stats overall today

Possesion 57%

Shots on Target 9 Hibs 4 ICT

Shots off Target 8 Hibs 1 ICT

We seem to have improved a great deal over the last 4 games. :agree:

Plus a crowd of 13,841 the highest at ER since Hearts on Nov 7th, even higher than the Celtic match on Jan 15th.

Keep it up Hibees. :flag::cgwa

Were all the shots that were off target Akpo Sodje?

steakbake
26-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Stack - 8. By today's performance alone, he should be the first choice. Made some vital saves.
Towell - 7. Good performance all round. He's got quite a throw on him.
Dickoh - 7. Good, calm performance. Looked at ease even when under pressure.
Hanlon - 9. Thought he had a great day at work today.
Booth - 9. A really exciting prospect, and that goal was a thing of beauty.
Wotherspoon - 6. Started off a bit wobbly, I thought, but put in an adequate performance.
Palsson - 7. Didn't really stand out as much as he has done so far but did what he had to and did it well.
Miller - 8. He was great today - and I noted when he left the field his shorts were actually dirty.:wink:
Scott - 8. I like the look of this guy. He's quick, tough and doesn't fanny around. A good find, I reckon.
Sodje - 8. He was up against a big defender who literally had him in his grasp for most of the game. Did well and he poses a good physical threat we've been missing.
Riordan - 7. He was good today. Unlucky with the shot in the 1st half. Still does my head in with his huffy attitude but hey, you need primadonnas.

Subs:

Thornhill - 6. Still think we've yet to see the best of him but I don't think he weakened the team when he came on and thought he was good.
Stevenson - 7. I was worried when he came on for Miller who had such a good game, but good and the goal will hopefully give him confidence.
Nish 6 - Didn't really have any time or opportunity to do much today but didn't do anything to give the boo boys something to moan about.

billbee
26-02-2011, 05:07 PM
3 points brilliant! a bit stale game, none the less another victory, IMO ratings -

Stack 8
Towell 7
Wotherspoon 6
Palsson 5
Dickoh 7
Hanlon 8
Booth 8 MOM
Millar 6
Scott 6
Riordan 6
Sodje 4

Subs

Thornhill 4
Stevenson 5
Nish 1

Hibs90
26-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Stack 7
Towell 6
Dickoh 6
Hanlon 7
Booth 8

Spoon 6
Miller 8
Palsson 7
Scott 7

Riordan 6
Sodje 7

So much better :agree:

hibsbollah
26-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Excellent display.

Stack 8 Our #1.

Towell 7
Dickoh 8
Hanlon 7
Booth 8.5 Our best leftback since Murphy. So comfortable running with the ball at his feet.

Palsson 7
Scott 8 Phenomenal effort, especially in the first half. Totally bullied the midfield.
Miller 8 His best game for ages, would have been a 9 if he'd seen out the 90 minutes.
Wotherspoon 7

Riordan 8 Some lovely touches, ran and worked hard. Unlucky with a great shot.
Sodje 7 Battled well.

Subs- Stevenson contributed well and scored, Nish didnt do much, Thornhill OK.

Calderwood-strange subs but they worked so no arguments from me. Lovely touch pointing to the 12th man at the end and applauding:flag:

12th man and the rest of the fans- 10/10, it keeps getting better and better!:cgwa

Scooter
26-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Stack 8
Towell 6
Dicko 8
Hanlon 8
Booth 9

Palsson 7
Miller 8
Scott 7
Spoony 6

Sodji 6
Deek 6

Onceinawhile
26-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Stack - 7 - Only had 2 or 3 saves to make, but they were good saves

Booth - 8 - Not just a great goal, but a good performance, always happy to take one or two touches.
Hanlon - 7 - Good defending and some neat touches.
Dickoh - 8 - Hails taxis more than Caldwell ever did, but was immense today.
Towell - 6 - Solid at the back, crossing was woeful.

Pallson - 6 - Anonymous first half, a few good forward runs in the 2nd.
Scott - 6 - Puts himself about, and gets beyond the strikers, but he is quite uncomposed.
Miller - 8 - MOTM - Normally think he is a chicken who can't tackle, but he was outstanding today:not worth
Wotherspoon - 5 - Not really at the races.

Riordan - 5 - An assist, but when he doesn't score he often looks like he is doing nothing.
Sodje - 5 - Won a few flick ons and put himself about, but it didn't come off for him.

Subs
Stevenson - Great goal, looked like he might find some form
Thornhill - Looks a good communicator
Nish - Not on for long

Aside from all this, does anyone know who was meant to be playing left midfield today?:confused:

Brads Laing
26-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Stack - 8 - Some very important saves, very commanding as well
Towell - 6 - Done ok, not his biggest fan tbh, distribution poor
Dickoh - 8 - Very good game, won almost everything and dominated Foran
Hanlon - 7 - Played well as always, stuggled at times with Rooney but was solid as usual.
Booth - 9 - Class act at the back, wonderful goal as well
Wotherspoon - 6 - Looked ok in patches, maybe needs a break
Scott - 7 - Dugg in really well, looks a good player
Palsson - 8 - Strolled through the game but needs to work on his heading
Miller - 9 - MOM for me, back to his form of early last season where i thought he was the best player in the league
Riordan - 7 - Looked a lot more lively and created a lot more. Couple of good shots unlucky
Sodje - 8 - Held ball up well and brought others into game

Calderwood - 9 - Made correct decisions for subs (apart from bringing on nish, no need tbh)

Hibby Bairn
26-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Were all the shots that were off target Akpo Sodje?

I know that none of the shots on target were his. Sorry to be a downer on a good day....but we need better than Sodje.

hibeeliam
26-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Stack - 8 - Some very important saves, very commanding as well
Towell - 6 - Done ok, not his biggest fan tbh, distribution poor
Dickoh - 8 - Very good game, won almost everything and dominated Foran
Hanlon - 7 - Played well as always, stuggled at times with Rooney but was solid as usual.
Booth - 9 - Class act at the back, wonderful goal as well
Wotherspoon - 6 - Looked ok in patches, maybe needs a break
Scott - 7 - Dugg in really well, looks a good player
Palsson - 8 - Strolled through the game but needs to work on his heading
Miller - 9 - MOM for me, back to his form of early last season where i thought he was the best player in the league
Riordan - 7 - Looked a lot more lively and created a lot more. Couple of good shots unlucky
Sodje - 8 - Held ball up well and brought others into game

Calderwood - 9 - Made correct decisions for subs (apart from bringing on nish, no need tbh)

i think he brought nish on, to see how him and sodje would pair up

Calvin
26-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Stack - 7 - Only had 2 or 3 saves to make, but they were good saves

Booth - 8 - Not just a great goal, but a good performance, always happy to take one or two touches.
Hanlon - 7 - Good defending and some neat touches.
Dickoh - 8 - Hails taxis more than Caldwell ever did, but was immense today.
Towell - 6 - Solid at the back, crossing was woeful.

Pallson - 6 - Anonymous first half, a few good forward runs in the 2nd.
Scott - 6 - Puts himself about, and gets beyond the strikers, but he is quite uncomposed.
Miller - 8 - MOTM - Normally think he is a chicken who can't tackle, but he was outstanding today:not worth
Wotherspoon - 5 - Not really at the races.

Riordan - 5 - An assist, but when he doesn't score he often looks like he is doing nothing.
Sodje - 5 - Won a few flick ons and put himself about, but it didn't come off for him.

Subs
Stevenson - Great goal, looked like he might find some form
Thornhill - Looks a good communicator
Nish - Not on for long

Aside from all this, does anyone know who was meant to be playing left midfield today?:confused:

I would agree with most of that but I thought Hanlon was worthy of a 9, didn't put a foot wrong because his ability and reading of the game was phenomenal today.

I thought our strikers were crap today, Sodje barely connected with a header all game and bar one very good effort Riordan was again uninvolved, hence our goals coming from further back on the pitch.

hibee92
26-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Stack 8 - #1 :agree:
Towell 8 - solid. sign him up.
Dickoh 8 - played well
Hanlon 9 - my MOM. fantastic :thumbsup:
Booth 8 - so confident and settled already :thumbsup:
Palsson 8 - what a player :agree:
Wotherspoon 6 - tired?
Miller 8 - best game in a while. hopefully back to his best in time to sign for the yams :devil:
Scott 7 - solid
Riordan 7 - looked a lot more interested and involved
Sodje 7 - good hold up/link up play as per :agree:

Subs

Thornhill 4
Stevenson 4
Nish - 1

pedroorange1875
26-02-2011, 05:27 PM
think we are getting a bit carried away with 4 wins. Some of the ratings are bit strange

Stack 7 - little to do but few good saves, punch at end was good
Towell 6 - poor final ball and never got forward much, has a good throw but wastes it a lot as does most of the team with throw ins, more steady than hart
Dickoh 6 - Never won much against there front 2 in the air but but was fairly solid
Hanlon 6 - Struggled at times but again fairly solid needs to work on strength against bigger players
Booth 9 - Outstanding prospect, cool composed, gets forward well
Miller 6 - Better showing but he doesnt make the pass in time or wastes it
Palsson 5 - Did nothing much
Wotherspoon 4 - poor, needs rested, passing poor, final ball poor, slow with pass.
Scott 7 - Not a great deal skill but good engine, tackles and harries well, strong player and a good game today
Sodje 5 - Can hold the ball up well and good muscle but we need a striker which he is not, nish would be slated for those attempts.
Riordan 6 - better all round today but he is getting enough chances and service, needs to put one away

Stevenson 6 - Well up for it when came on, got goal
Thornhill 4 - Lacks pace and fitness, not convinced in any of the games ive seen him
Nish 2 - No time, never did anything except receive the ball have a terrible touch and run into their defender.

Calderwood 9 - Made the right subs at the right times and shape of the team and tactics much better than anything hughes tried. We are now deservedly winning rather than being lucky.

Elephant Stone
26-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Stack- 9

Booth- 8
Hanlon- 7
Dickoh- 7
Towell- 7

Miller- 7
Palsson- 6
Scott- 6
Wotherspoon- 5

Sodje- 5
Riordan- 5

we are hibs
26-02-2011, 05:35 PM
3 points brilliant! a bit stale game, none the less another victory, IMO ratings -

Stack 8
Towell 7
Wotherspoon 6
Palsson 5
Dickoh 7
Hanlon 8
Booth 8 MOM
Millar 6
Scott 6
Riordan 6
Sodje 4

Subs

Thornhill 4
Stevenson 5
Nish 1
Stack 8
Towell 7
Wotherspoon 6
Palsson 6
Dickoh 7
Hanlon 8
Booth 8 MOM
Millar 6
Scott 6
Riordan 5
Sodje 6

lucky
26-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Stack 8 two great saves

Towell 7 steady got forward well
Hanlon 6 got caught out a few times
Dickho 8 solid won most of the challenges he went for
Booth 8 outstanding goal and overall performance

Palsson 7 strolled through the game
Miller 8 showed his true class today
Scott 8 MOM for me terrific energy
Spooney 5 not his day

Deeks 6 he is a good goal threat
Sodje 5 big and full of spirit but not a good footballer

Stevenson 6 great goal
Thornhill 4 think he will come good
Nish 3 not on long enough

Calderwood 10 4 wins out of 4

Fans 7 not the best first half better second half.

Albion Hibs
26-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Stack 8 - Crucial saves, worthy of a new deal
Towell 7 - Played well, did not have much opportunity to get forward.
Dickoh 7 - Played well.
Hanlon 8 - Another contender for MOM
Booth 8 - Scored the opener and played very well

Wotherspoon 4 - Not the best game looked a bit tired at times but worked hard
Palsson 6 - Not his best performance but won more than his share in the m'field
Millar 7 - Played very well at times, his best performance for sometime
Scott 6 - Worked hard

Riordan 5 - Seemed to be working harder, but nothing really came off for him
Sodje 6 - won a lot on the air, but never seemed to find anyone with his flick ons

Subs

Thornhill 4 - some good passes
Stevenson 5 - delighted for him to get his goal
Nish - Not on for long enough to rate.

I thought we played very well today. Stack gets my man of the match for 3 crucial saves, one after about 30 mins and another after the break when the scores were level.

Happy for Booth to get the sponsers MOM, it was only right given he got his first goal, and on top of that played very well. Well done to Stevenson who also bagged his first was encourgaging to see him confident enough to take the shot on and had a few other decent touches during his short spell.

iwasthere1972
26-02-2011, 06:09 PM

Stack 8
Towell 7
Wotherspoon 6
Palsson 5
Dickoh 7
Hanlon 8
Booth 8 MOM
Millar 6
Scott 6
Riordan 6
Sodje 4

Subs

Thornhill 4
Stevenson 5
Nish 1

:agree: Some folk thought he deserved an 8. IMHO he was woeful and his shooting was abysmal. Honestly can't see him being at Easter Road next season.

Dirkster23
26-02-2011, 06:10 PM
I would agree with most of that but I thought Hanlon was worthy of a 9, didn't put a foot wrong because his ability and reading of the game was phenomenal today.

I thought our strikers were crap today, Sodje barely connected with a header all game and bar one very good effort Riordan was again uninvolved, hence our goals coming from further back on the pitch.

He had an excellent game today, but did you miss his mistake that let Rooney straight through on goal?

Sir David Gray
26-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Stack-7 (Very comfortable afternoon and dealt well with everything)

Booth-8 (Outstanding goal capped off a very assured performance)
Hanlon-7 (Very comfortable afternoon and didn't look troubled at all)
Dickoh-7 (Same as Hanlon)
Towell-7 (Did well but not as much of a threat going forward as he usually is)

Palsson-6 (A few flashes of class but overall a bit disappointing)
Miller-7 (Good performance, more of the same please)
Wotherspoon-5 (Struggled today until he went off)
Scott-7 (Good display and adds a bit of steel in the midfield)

Sodje-6 (Puts himself about really well and wins his fair share of headers but offers very little in the way of a goal threat)
Riordan-5 (Another poor and very quiet afternoon)

snooky
26-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Stack 8
Towell 6
Dicko 8
Hanlon 8
Booth 9

Palsson 7
Miller 8
Scott 7
Spoony 6

Sodji 6
Deek 6

Ditto - except Palsson 6
LS 7
MT 5
CN 2 for his 85min long warm up. :wink:

Winston Ingram
26-02-2011, 06:27 PM
:agree: Some folk thought he deserved an 8. IMHO he was woeful and his shooting was abysmal. Honestly can't see him being at Easter Road next season.

Totally agree. i thought he was ****in shockin. He shoots like someone has amputated his feet

sahib
26-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Totally agree. i thought he was ****in shockin. He shoots like someone has amputated his feet

No way was he ****in shockin. He makes a lot of difference to the team compared to Nish or Trakys.

Winston Ingram
26-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Stack 8 - excellent
Towell 7 - solid
Wotherspoon 6 ok first half, nothing 2nd
Palsson 7 very good. Great run in the 2nd half
Dickoh 7 he's beginning to look like a very solid CB
Hanlon 7 - One very dodgy moment when he let Rooney in but other than that very good
Booth 9 MOM
Miller 8 - displayed the form he showed when he 1st arrived
Scott 7 - Really like this guy. Very shrewd signing
Riordan 6
Sodje 4 - wtf is his shooting all about:confused:

subs

Lewis 7 - very good again
Nish - not long enough
Thornhill 6

truehibernian
26-02-2011, 06:36 PM

Whilst I agree his shooting was poor, Akpo does what the likes of Nish and others don't. He ocupies centre halves fully, out-muscles, makes them think, wins most of his one-to-one headers, and in general leads the line and takes the sting out of games at crucial times.

If he holds the ball up, the team gets the chance to regroup and get back into position better. When Nish played the role, far far too often we would lose the ball, not win the header, and that would mean the opposition coming at our midfield and defence a lot quicker.

We need a wee penalty box striker IMHO, but there can be no debate regards the contribution Akpo has made to the overall team performance. If others see him competing and winning possession and tackles, then they too try that extra bit to do the same.

The workrate all over the pitch has increased tenfold since CC has managed to bring in his players. They play as a team......you see that when we score now......9 players jumping on the goalscorer with happiness and joy. Compare and contrast to before January and more importantly under Hughes. They are not playing like little lost souls anymore. There is (sorry to borrow from the Yams) a togetherness and a "we shall not lose" mentality. Akpo has that in shed loads.

Cabbage1875
26-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Stack-8

Booth-9
Hanlon-7
Dickoh-6
Towell-6

Palsson-6
Miller-8
Wotherspoon-4
Scott-8

Sodje-5
Riordan 5

Great win today and a few outstanding performances (Miller, Booth, Scott and Stack stood out for me) but I dont get the Dickoh love at all. He is a bombscare in my view and we would be well advised to get a replacement in the summer.

I'm delighted for CC though, his own team now and it is starting to show in both results and performances.

Winston Ingram
26-02-2011, 06:39 PM
No way was he ****in shockin. He makes a lot of difference to the team compared to Nish or Trakys.

That's not really a measure of quality is it?

He is here purely because he was all that was available on deadline day. I accept he can hold the ball up but positionally and his final ball & shooting are abysmal.

He looks like a reserve league 1 striker from what I've seen so far:agree:

RoxburghHibs
26-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Stack 8 - Big saves at crucial times
Towell 7 - Would like to see this player signed FT
Dickoh 7 - Solid performance - won everything
Hanlon 8 - Brilliant captain performance - how old is Hanlon again!!
Booth 8 - Was outstanding in teh 1st half/good second half. What a player!
Wotherspoon 5 - Not at his best- nothing came off today
Palsson 7- Looks another cracking young lad
Miller 8 - Some class touches - worth a new deal if he can keep this up
Scott 6 - Battling performance

Riordan 7 - Like Miller was involved in some cracking build up play. Worked hard
Sodje 6 - Battled all the way - decent performance
Subs

Thornhill 5 - Didn't do too much when he came on
Stevenson 6 - Great goal!
Nish 5 - Not on for long enough so average 5 rating

hibsbollah
26-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Whilst I agree his shooting was poor, Akpo does what the likes of Nish and others don't. He ocupies centre halves fully, out-muscles, makes them think, wins most of his one-to-one headers, and in general leads the line and takes the sting out of games at crucial times.

If he holds the ball up, the team gets the chance to regroup and get back into position better. When Nish played the role, far far too often we would lose the ball, not win the header, and that would mean the opposition coming at our midfield and defence a lot quicker.

We need a wee penalty box striker IMHO, but there can be no debate regards the contribution Akpo has made to the overall team performance. If others see him competing and winning possession and tackles, then they too try that extra bit to do the same.

The workrate all over the pitch has increased tenfold since CC has managed to bring in his players. They play as a team......you see that when we score now......9 players jumping on the goalscorer with happiness and joy. Compare and contrast to before January and more importantly under Hughes. They are not playing like little lost souls anymore. There is (sorry to borrow from the Yams) a togetherness and a "we shall not lose" mentality. Akpo has that in shed loads.

Great post:agree: I didnt think any of the 11 today let themselves down, Sodje included.

Winston Ingram
26-02-2011, 06:46 PM

I agree he hold the ball up but I don't think he occupies the CB's fully as you say. He seems to like to drop deep and wander out to the touchline. when he does he does he isn't productive and leaves us without a target in the box. For his size he should be bullying CB's. He was getting nudged out the way and going to ground too easily today for my liking

mim
26-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Stack 9 - several excellent blocks and saves. Quickly off his line to make a brilliant diving punch to save a certain tap in.
Towell 7 - tidy and secure.
Dickoh 9 - dominant. First class performance.
Hanlon 8 - likewise, but had to be bailed out by Stack when he made his one slip.
Booth 10 - immense. Great goal takes his MOM mark from 9 to 10.
Scott 7 - great work rate. I like this guy a lot.
Palsson 6 - a bit disappointing, but he worked hard. He is very young and clearly talented.
Miller 8 - best game for yonks. Can he keep it up?
Wotherspoon 5 - Should have buried his first half chance. Needs to do more in the attacking third.
Sodje 6 - excellent target man display, but laughable shooting.
Riordan 5 - not his best day, but still prepared to drive the ball goalwards.

Stevenson 5 - well taken goal. A good cameo appearance.
Thornhill 3 - didn't see much from him
Nish 1 - only time for one belly laugh.

RoYO!
26-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Bit harsh on deeks perhaps?

Brilliant strike from corner of area on his left foot- great save prevented goal

couple of other good hits. Decent linking play. More than a 5 I reckon.

Iain G
26-02-2011, 07:22 PM

He is here purely because he was all that was available on deadline day. I accept he can hold the ball up but positionally and his final ball & shooting are abysmal.

So no connection between us winning the last 4 games that he has started in then ya miserable sod? :wink:

RoYO!
26-02-2011, 07:25 PM
I agree he hold the ball up but I don't think he occupies the CB's fully as you say. He seems to like to drop deep and wander out to the touchline. when he does he does he isn't productive and leaves us without a target in the box. For his size he should be bullying CB's. He was getting nudged out the way and going to ground too easily today for my liking

since he's been here it's the most I've seen a hibs striker put his weight around in a long time- who was the last striker that would have such a physical battle with cb's?

I can recall in 80mins or so him sheilding the ball, his back to two players and goal, dominating them both. And that's frequently the case. Don't recall him going to ground as often as you say.

I certainly wouldn't like to play against him

fife hfc
26-02-2011, 07:25 PM
People should remember that we could not hold the ball up front for most of the season and that has been our downfall. When we beat the huns and Well we had Trakys up front. he couldnae score in a month of Sundays but held the ball up and allowed us to get further up the field as a team. Sodjie is the same he will not score many goals but he helps the team out in so many ways. being able to hold the ball up, means the midfielders will take more risks and make runs rather than just sitting as they know the ball will come straight back and therefore we invite more pressure on ourselves, Therefore though not my idle striker Sodjie is vital to the team at this time.

anyway I thought everybody contributed to a very good win and display today and if we had delivered a better final ball on numerous occasions we could have had a far more convincing win. It is the first time in ages I have come away from a game thinking we totally deserved the win.

Stack 9
Towell 7
Booth 9 MOM
Hanlon 8
Dickoh 8
Scott 8
Miller 8
Palsson 7
Wotherspoon 6
Sodjie 7
Riordan 6

mim
26-02-2011, 07:28 PM

Brilliant strike from corner of area on his left foot- great save prevented goal

couple of other good hits. Decent linking play. More than a 5 I reckon.

From my vantage point, the great save was only a good save (and one for the cameras). :wink:

I gave Deek a pass mark for his efforts on goal and a couple of decent passes, but generally his ball control was poor.

Winston Ingram
26-02-2011, 07:28 PM
So no connection between us winning the last 4 games that he has started in then ya miserable sod? :wink:

Don't get me wrong, he's better than what we had. Calderwood obviously wanted a presence up front and he's definitely that but considering the main function of a striker is to score goals and even though he's got a goal I'd be stunned if he was a regular next year

NiallGR
26-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Miller MOM by a mile for me! Very rarely lost a ball and everything he did going forward was excellent, I was suprised he got withdrawn, thought scott would get whipped and miller pushed out! Still love Scott's energy tho(always in my team).

Would love to keep LM on this form, playing like this reminds me of his first three months of his careeer at the mighty hibees!

GGTTH

sahib
26-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Miller MOM by a mile for me! Very rarely lost a ball and everything he did going forward was excellent, I was suprised he got withdrawn, thought scott would get whipped and miller pushed out! Still love Scott's energy tho(always in my team).

Would love to keep LM on this form, playing like this reminds me of his first three months of his careeer at the mighty hibees!

GGTTH
Miller had his best game in a long time, perhaps because he is not having to carry the whole midfield.
Hanlon and Dickoh were good, having two nippy young fullbacks and a keeper on a decent run of form obviously helps. Dickhoh seems to be improving all the time, he showed good control and doesn't over elaborate, like Bamba did on occasion.

Hiber-nation
26-02-2011, 09:04 PM

GGTTH

Agree, I thought it was his best game for us, amazed to see some on here giving him a 6. Boothy not far behind, what a prospect.

Well done Caldo, what a difference compared to these dark depressing days under Yogi.

monktonharp
26-02-2011, 09:06 PM

couple of other good hits. Decent linking play. More than a 5 I reckon.:agree: as you say, his link up play was good,and was it not his response and quick thinking to release a throw in as he picked the ball up,that led to Booth's goal? or did i dream that? i admit to being a Riordan fan,to my shame:rolleyes:

matty_f
26-02-2011, 09:14 PM

Spot on about Sodje, though the comment "he shoots like someone's amputated his feet" was brilliant!:faf:

Overall, thought we were good today. Never felt that we were in danger of losing, and on the few occasions that ICT did get through, Stack was immense and kept them out.

Ratings, then...

Stack 9 - about as good a performance from him today as he could have given.
Towell - 7 I like him, and thought he did well today.
Dickoh - 8 Did well, won most of his headers and got the foot in when needed.
Hanlon - 9 I thought he was immense today, reads the game fantastically well, seems to be getting physically stronger by the game. A class act.
Booth - 9 See comments for Hanlon, but chuck in a great goal as well. My MOTM.
Wotherspoon - 5 did a lot right today, but final ball was frequently over-hit or misplaced.
Miller - 7 Had a pretty good game, needs to be more consistent with his passes. Thought he covered loads of ground today and looks much closer to being the player we know he can be.
Scott - 7 Very industrious, not short of a bit of skill as well, and gets wired in.
Palsson - 6 I didn't think he had a great game against St Mirren, and thought he was a bit off the pace again today. Maybe works better with Murray in beside him in midfield, but overall did enough to get pass marks.
Riordan - 5 One shot in the first half that forced a good save, but generally thought that things weren't working for him today, despite a good effort from him. Won a header, too.
Sodje - 7 Shooting is laughably bad, however he makes up with it by a solid overall performance. Wins headers, holds the ball well, tackles, and causes all sorts of problems for the defenders. Got hee-haw from the ref today, as well.

Subs:
Stevenson - 8 Scored the goal that clinched it. Doesn't matter that it was deflected, football games are defined by moments like the second goal, so all credit to Lewis for having a pop.
Thornhill - 7 Looks a good, if unspectacular, player. Can see him being our midfield 'steady-eddie' for some time.
Nish - not really on long enough to get a rating one way or the other. Wasn't offside and spent more time on his feet than on his erse, so no complaints from me!:greengrin

hfc rd
26-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Stack - 9

Towell - 7
Dickoh - 8
Hanlon - 9
Booth - 10

Wotherspoon - 6
Palsson - 7
Miller - 9
Scott - 10

Sodje - 8
Riordan - 7

Stevenson - 5
Thornhill - 4
Nish - 3

12th Man - >10

Hibby Bairn
26-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Stack - 9

Towell - 7
Dickoh - 8
Hanlon - 9
Booth - 10

Wotherspoon - 6
Palsson - 7
Miller - 9
Scott - 10

Sodje - 8
Riordan - 7

Stevenson - 5
Thornhill - 4
Nish - 3

12th Man - >10

The ratings scoring seem to be increasing pro-rata with the length of time passed since full time. Probable multiplier being number of celebratory sherbets in the intervening period!!

Hibercelona
26-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Stack - 8 (Been solid for us since his return)
Towell - 6 (Done what needed to be done)
Dickoh - 7 (Really got stuck in today, has more to offer though)
Hanlon - 7 (Looked comfortable for the most part)
Booth - 9 (Class act today, great goal)
Spoony - 6 (Average performance. Needs to run at players more)
Palsson - 7 (Looks very professional and will hopefully be a consitant player for us)
Miller - 6 (Played well today, but got caught in posession a little too often)
Scott - 8 (Looks to be a very tough player for the opposition to deal with, which is exactly what we need at the moment)
Sodje - 6 (Gets himself into great positions. Needs to work on his shooting)
Riordan - 5 (Thought he was pretty poor overall today. Needs to try and pick up the pace a little more)

hibsbollah
26-02-2011, 10:17 PM
The ratings scoring seem to be increasing pro-rata with the length of time passed since full time. Probable multiplier being number of celebratory sherbets in the intervening period!!

...or maybe the miserable torn faced disasters who like to identify a fall guy every week are in their beds :-)

matty_f
26-02-2011, 10:21 PM
...or maybe the miserable torn faced disasters who like to identify a fall guy every week are in their beds :-)

or maybe the fall guys removal from the first 11 has been significant in the turnaround in results...:wink:

grunt
27-02-2011, 08:59 AM
... bar one very good effort Riordan was again uninvolved...

Riordan 7 - looked a lot more interested and involved
I always enjoy this thread to see how differently people see the same game. I don't often get in to see the game, but I enjoyed the match yesterday thanks to free Green Day tickets, and one of the positives for me was Riordan's work rate and thinking. Among other things, he had a lovely shot on target in the first half, an intelligent pass up the line in the second, and his quick thinking led directly to our first goal, which was a vital breakthrough and enabled the team to relax and play for the last quarter. Well done, Deeks.

Russ
27-02-2011, 11:45 AM
He can't hit the side of a barn from 6 yards( I know he scored against Killie), and some of his attempts are comical. BUT, he wins some 90% of headers and can hold the ball up, something Nish cannot do, and has been a major factor in our 4 in a row along with the other signings and Booth. But he's definitely not long term material that's for sure. Did anyone clock his miss in the warm up from 2yards? he hit the bar, and his other misses?, he was screaming at himself, hopefully it was just a bad day at the office but I somehow don't think so.

Hamish
27-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Stack 7 - Competent. Did all that was asked of him
Towell 6 - Not convinced he's a full back, (bit like Stevenson?) If it was me I would have Spoony at r/b and push him further forward
Dickoh 6- Bullied a couple of times by Foran, but did ok overall
Hanlon 6 - Couple of slips, but has good recovery powers. Needs to work on his physique in the close season
Booth 8 - Reminds me of a young Shades. Can't get a bigger compliment than that
Palsson 6 - Better second half I felt. Good composure
Scott 7 - Energetic, closes down people really well, something we haven't really had since Matty
Miller - 7 Some really nice passages from him, final ball lets him down
Spoony -6 Worked hard and never hides
Sodje -6 Same as Spoony. Holds the ball up well. No comment on his shooting
Riordan - 6 Apart from his shot in the first half nothing really came off for him. Thought he worked harder than I have seen him though. Still moans constantly, nothing wrong with that though

Stevenson 6 -Did well in his 20 minutes. Looked hungrier than the last time I saw him
Thornhill - 5 Worked hard, not enough time to really impose himself though
Nish - Not enough time on to rate

ancient hibee
27-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Spot on about Sodje, though the comment "he shoots like someone's amputated his feet" was brilliant!:faf:

Overall, thought we were good today. Never felt that we were in danger of losing, and on the few occasions that ICT did get through, Stack was immense and kept them out.

Ratings, then...

Stack 9 - about as good a performance from him today as he could have given.
Towell - 7 I like him, and thought he did well today.
Dickoh - 8 Did well, won most of his headers and got the foot in when needed.
Hanlon - 9 I thought he was immense today, reads the game fantastically well, seems to be getting physically stronger by the game. A class act.
Booth - 9 See comments for Hanlon, but chuck in a great goal as well. My MOTM.
Wotherspoon - 5 did a lot right today, but final ball was frequently over-hit or misplaced.
Miller - 7 Had a pretty good game, needs to be more consistent with his passes. Thought he covered loads of ground today and looks much closer to being the player we know he can be.
Scott - 7 Very industrious, not short of a bit of skill as well, and gets wired in.
Palsson - 6 I didn't think he had a great game against St Mirren, and thought he was a bit off the pace again today. Maybe works better with Murray in beside him in midfield, but overall did enough to get pass marks.
Riordan - 5 One shot in the first half that forced a good save, but generally thought that things weren't working for him today, despite a good effort from him. Won a header, too.
Sodje - 7 Shooting is laughably bad, however he makes up with it by a solid overall performance. Wins headers, holds the ball well, tackles, and causes all sorts of problems for the defenders. Got hee-haw from the ref today, as well.

Subs:
Stevenson - 8 Scored the goal that clinched it. Doesn't matter that it was deflected, football games are defined by moments like the second goal, so all credit to Lewis for having a pop.
Thornhill - 7 Looks a good, if unspectacular, player. Can see him being our midfield 'steady-eddie' for some time.
Nish - not really on long enough to get a rating one way or the other. Wasn't offside and spent more time on his feet than on his erse, so no complaints from me!:greengrin

OK it's all about opinions but how can you give Thornhill(who really did verylittle and never caught up with the pace of the game)a higher mark than Riordan who set up Wotherspoon with a chance he should have taken-forced a good save from the goalie and with his quick thinking gave Booth the opportunity to score a good goal which really was the game winner.

hibsbollah
27-02-2011, 07:58 PM
OK it's all about opinions but how can you give Thornhill(who really did verylittle and never caught up with the pace of the game)a higher mark than Riordan who set up Wotherspoon with a chance he should have taken-forced a good save from the goalie and with his quick thinking gave Booth the opportunity to score a good goal which really was the game winner.

Everyones entitled to an opinion...but it surprised me how many people didnt rate Riordan yesterday. I thought he was really sharp, worked hard and was unlucky not to score.

matty_f
27-02-2011, 09:15 PM

I thought Riordan had a fairly poor game, to be honest. Although he was involved in some chances, there were many times that a move fell apart when Riordan got involved. In hindsight, probably a 6 or 7 would have better reflected the positives to his play.

KWJ
28-02-2011, 09:45 AM

He gets the assist for our 2nd goal and he has completely dominated every defender he has played against in the SPL thus far. If Riordan or another striker can learn how to play off him it would be very fruitful.

While his shooting may be somewhat erratic he did score his goal when he had a little time very well.

hibsbollah
01-03-2011, 07:51 PM
He can't hit the side of a barn from 6 yards( I know he scored against Killie), and some of his attempts are comical. BUT, he wins some 90% of headers and can hold the ball up, something Nish cannot do, and has been a major factor in our 4 in a row along with the other signings and Booth. But he's definitely not long term material that's for sure. Did anyone clock his miss in the warm up from 2yards? he hit the bar, and his other misses?, he was screaming at himself, hopefully it was just a bad day at the office but I somehow don't think so.

Side of barn hit again tonight. Well done Akpo.

matty_f
01-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Side of barn hit again tonight. Well done Akpo.

Is that 2 goals in 5 games? Decent return, IMHO.

Liam89
01-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Is that 2 goals in 5 games? Decent return, IMHO.

For a player who was bought to hold up the ball and bring others into play its a very decent return. :agree: