PDA

View Full Version : Forcing Ourselves Into Top Six Mix

Dashing Bob S
26-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Four in a row.

Four of the top six places are done and dusted. The other two were between the clubs in 5th to 9th slots who are only four points apart. We're six points apart but I think we've forced ourselves into that group. If we win in Hamilton on Tuesday night we are definately in the mix.

If we make the top six at the split we'll do Killie for 4th.

Liam89
26-02-2011, 04:05 PM
I put on £10 for hibs to make the top six a few weeks ago so I'm praying to god we have the team spirit to grind it out! It certainly looks promising although our last 4 wins have been against teams that are not on top form.
:not worth

Wull
26-02-2011, 04:18 PM
I put on £10 for hibs to make the top six a few weeks ago so I'm praying to god we have the team spirit to grind it out! It certainly looks promising although our last 4 wins have been against teams that are not on top form.
:not worth

i;d like to suggest "we" are not on top form, but "we" are geting better week by week:wink:
cummon the Hibees :flag:

--------
26-02-2011, 04:34 PM
We're improving game by game, but I think if we're going to make the top six we're going to have to keep this winning run going right up to the break.

We've left ourselves an awful lot to do.

However, we're harder to score against and we're keeping fighting right up to the final whistle these days, so who knows?

Fine result today. :agree:

hfc rd
26-02-2011, 08:27 PM
We're improving game by game, but I think if we're going to make the top six we're going to have to keep this winning run going right up to the break.

We've left ourselves an awful lot to do.

However, we're harder to score against and we're keeping fighting right up to the final whistle these days, so who knows?

Fine result today. :agree:

:agree:
Totally agree. There is still a lot of work to be done but at the moment it's just getting better and better and a win on Tue against Hamilton and on the same night we hope to see Inverness and Dundee United cancel each other out then we do have a chance. They seem a much more different side than the one from this time last month and before.
Onwards and Upwards. :thumbsup:

essexhibee
26-02-2011, 10:23 PM
I think we will just miss out.

Don't think its a bad thing though..if we can go into next season with confidence then that would be great. This season has been a right off for me. Still, great work on a brilliant turnaround cc .

--------
26-02-2011, 10:34 PM
I think we will just miss out.

Don't think its a bad thing though..if we can go into next season with confidence then that would be great. This season has been a right off for me. Still, great work on a brilliant turnaround cc .

There is an argument that playing the bottom five and getting a run of decent results against them might be a better springboard for next season than playing the top five and taking a couple of bad beatings.

Best of all, of course, would be playing the top five and getting a run of decent results against THEM - perhaps even turning over couple or three of the "big" teams....

One day at a time. :devil:

Hibercelona
26-02-2011, 10:39 PM
I said it myself.

But some people on here were adiment a few days ago that top 6 just isn't possible. :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
26-02-2011, 10:46 PM
I want to see Hibs in the top six every single season as a bare minimum, I couldn't care less about finishing the season on a high with a lot of wins in the bottom six.

Personally I still don't see us making the top six but I want us to be there this season, even if we do pick up less points, post-split, than we might do in the bottom six.

Considering where we were about four weeks ago, it would be a minor miracle if Calderwood could get us in the top six this season.

hibbie02
26-02-2011, 10:52 PM
We should be top 6 every year, but this year there is more benefit in missing out. We are rebuilding and trying to integrate some of the young guys, so a few matches with no relegation or European aspects will allow us to blood them in. Lets face it, we can get into Europe (and if we did it would be embarrassing), so lets have some games against SPL teams that are scrapping for their lives. Get the young guys in and let them show what they can do. :cgwa

Sas_The_Hibby
26-02-2011, 11:01 PM
I said it myself.

But some people on here were adiment a few days ago that top 6 just isn't possible. :rolleyes:

I wasn't adiment though I may have been adamant. :wink:

I do now think it's possible, though still unlikely. TBH all that's mattered, since Hughes left, has been for us to avoid relegation and that now looks 95% probable.

OK 96%, then! :greengrin