26-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Take a bow son, that is all!

:thumbsup::top marks

hibsbollah
26-02-2011, 04:36 PM
He was superb.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-02-2011, 04:37 PM
What a difference when he's got a couple of strong guys in there with him. His best game for a long long time.

frazeHFC
26-02-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm sorry, must be on the wrong forum about another Liam Miller. Missed the game today, he was brilliant? :confused:

Westie1875
26-02-2011, 04:40 PM
He was superb.

:agree: I'll hold my hands up and say I have been a critic of Miller recently but today I thought he was great. :flag:

lugz
26-02-2011, 04:42 PM
What a difference when he's got a couple of strong guys in there with him. His best game for a long long time.

Someone must have bought him a pair of balls through the week he won more challenges today than he's done in his whole time at us.

Was different class today.

random sub
26-02-2011, 04:49 PM
He was good today but he is a really a good player anyway. I think we will rely on him for that creative input in our new look midfield.

One thing- made some great opportunities and he just needs to pull the trigger and have a go himself a bit more!

HibbyKeith
26-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Someone must have bought him a pair of balls through the week he won more challenges today than he's done in his whole time at us.
Was different class today.

He won his fair share of headers today too.

top marks Liam :thumbsup: more of the same please.

WindyMiller
26-02-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm sorry, must be on the wrong forum about another Liam Miller. Missed the game today, he was brilliant? :confused:

IMO he was better than he's been, but not as good as some of the posts on here make out.
:dunno:

iwasthere1972
26-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Take a bow son, that is all!

:agree: Thought he had a good game and wanted the ball more than he has in recent times.

EasterRoad4Ever
26-02-2011, 05:00 PM
IMO he was better than he's been, but not as good as some of the posts on here make out.

:agree: He competed much better than of late and worked himself into some great positions - bearing down on their back 4, but his final ball and decision-making was poor IMO. Still not a patch on the player that we saw in his first 6 months.

WindyMiller
26-02-2011, 05:16 PM
:agree: He competed much better than of late and worked himself into some great positions - bearing down on their back 4, but his final ball and decision-making was poor IMO. Still not a patch on the player that we saw in his first 6 months.

I wonder what happened to the player that Fergie prised away from Celtc?
AFAIK he's never suffered a long term injury yet he's nothing like that player.

I'm well aware of the fact that if he was that good we couldn't afford him.

FromTheCapital
26-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Excellent performance, :thumbsup:

Much better, :hibees

:cgwa :cgwa :cgwa

greenlex
26-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Best game in over a year. Keep it up son.:thumbsup:

Dirkster23
26-02-2011, 05:56 PM
It's been a while coming but he was really good today. Let's hope there's more performances like that to come :agree:

Melvin Hibs
26-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Much better performance today from Liam, but I still have the feeling that he is lacking a bit of confidence. His final ball at times was not what it should be and I just feel that he over done the running with the ball at times when a shot at goal or a good lay off would have been a better option.

lucky
26-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Played really well. He is the only one in the midfield with class to open up teams. Seems to revel in the midfield with Palsson and Scott doing the donkey work. Best performance for a long time. He was shattered when he went off.

Russ
26-02-2011, 09:04 PM

I agree, wasted as many balls as usual, just shows you how bad he has been if we have punters raving about his performance today. Certainly one of his better games, but nothing to write home about.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Fitness technique skill vision tenacity
Allother things equal Confidence is the telling factor
Hope ER can become an environment conducive to creating a virtuous cycle of confidence inspiring vibes towards selfactualisation ;)

monktonharp
26-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Miller had a great game today. I honestly thought he would have been dropped anytime soon,as a result of his last few abysmal performances but there you go. wish he'd have a pot at goal more though.

monktonharp
26-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Fitness technique skill vision tenacity
Allother things equal Confidence is the telling factor
Hope ER can become an environment conducive to creating a virtuous cycle of confidence inspiring vibes towards selfactualisation ;)phew! that's a moothfi':greengrin

renato
26-02-2011, 09:55 PM
The thing that stood out most was his set piece delivery, excellent throughout. He swung almost every corner into the 6 yard box with great pace and, had we been more clinical with our heading and timing of runs, we may have scored a couple more.

Much better Liam, please keep it up :thumbsup:

hibbie02
26-02-2011, 10:47 PM
If we an build around him in midfield, which is what I think CC is doing, then I think the only way is up. :thumbsup: We couldn't afford a player of his pedigree now. Lets use it!

CapitalHibs
26-02-2011, 11:32 PM
http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hibee-Liam-Miller-says-it39s.6725228.jp

Kevvy1875
26-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Liam Miller slid into a tackle on the half way line today AND won the ball. His shorts got dirty and everything:na na:

Seriously though...that did happen. That is exactly the thing that you don't expect from him normally. He adds this to his game and we have a 'right good' midfielder there.:agree:

hfc rd
26-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Thats the Liam Miller I want to see at Hibs. If he plays like that on a consistent basis then I will be very happy to see him handed a contract extension from us.

Saorsa
27-02-2011, 04:52 AM
Good performance from Liam today IMO, I still think he is capable of better but :thumbsup::thumbsup: from me today :agree:

sunshine1875
27-02-2011, 07:01 AM
Excellent - I must check the dictionary as he didn't come to my view of what an excellent performance is.

What today and every other game since this time last year (and probably before it) proves is that the expression "when the going gets tough, the tough get going" does not apply to Liam Miller.

Today there was a platform for him to perform, thanks to some very good performances by others in the team. I don't really want to names names as that will undermine my argument in the views of others. But I will, 'Jimmy' Scott ran all day chasing down players and generally being a pain. I am not saying he is excellent, but he gave the commitment that I would have expected irrespective of whether you are a 'Messi', a 'Rooney' or a 'Ronaldo' or a lower division player. Once you have that level of commitment then you can build on it with skill.

Yes - people say but Miller is not that type of player. But I say look at Messi, Ronaldo and Rooney and you have players that have fantastic work ethic PLUS the skill. Combine the two and you have excellent players and excellent performances.

One good performance by Miller, but where has he been for the last year. "when the going gets tough, Liam Miller goes missing...."

Hibee Daz
27-02-2011, 07:39 AM
Excellent - I must check the dictionary as he didn't come to my view of what an excellent performance is.

What today and every other game since this time last year (and probably before it) proves is that the expression "when the going gets tough, the tough get going" does not apply to Liam Miller.

Today there was a platform for him to perform, thanks to some very good performances by others in the team. I don't really want to names names as that will undermine my argument in the views of others. But I will, 'Jimmy' Scott ran all day chasing down players and generally being a pain. I am not saying he is excellent, but he gave the commitment that I would have expected irrespective of whether you are a 'Messi', a 'Rooney' or a 'Ronaldo' or a lower division player. Once you have that level of commitment then you can build on it with skill.

Yes - people say but Miller is not that type of player. But I say look at Messi, Ronaldo and Rooney and you have players that have fantastic work ethic PLUS the skill. Combine the two and you have excellent players and excellent performances.

One good performance by Miller, but where has he been for the last year. "when the going gets tough, Liam Miller goes missing...."

I agree with you especially about the bit in bold but, I think at Hibs we'll just have to settle for players who compliment each others games and blend well together!
We're never going to have superstars and when we do unearth a bit of talent, they move on too hopefully bigger and better things i.e the EPL as apposed to the infirm.
Anyway CC seems to be starting to get the players to gel and do what they are supposed to do and play as a team so as long as Liam plays like that, I am very happy to have him be part of it.
Keep up the good work Liam, but more importantly keep it up Hibs.

Happy Hibee days are here again.
:hibees:cgwa:hibees

TRC
27-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Thinks cc said last week liam miller is a good player when in a winning team. which although it may have been only four wins he has slowly come back to what we saw at the start of last season. But he is a good player and i hope he stays for at lest another year. Todays performance was good tho, remember one pass when he switched from left to right with so much ease to find Spoony.

SRHibs
27-02-2011, 06:18 PM
I had the pleasure of sitting in front of 3 guys who felt the need to lambast Miller for the entirety of the game. Some of the pish they were shouting had me laughing at points.

I thought he was excellent TBH. Controlled the midfield, and made a few good driving runs down the middle.

Capt Mainwaring
27-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Very good performance from Miller yesterday. Best so far this season.

Needs to play like more consistantly however.