PDA

View Full Version : Hibs shop and online store...why different prices?

Pete
26-02-2011, 02:10 AM
Looking at the online store a few days back and seen the prices of the kit. Fantastic!
Was about to make purchases but decided to go and have a look myself in the club store as I'd be in Edinburgh that day.

I was amazed by the difference in price. Online the home short and long sleeve top is £25/£29 as is the home GK. However, instore ANY top is £10. That's any top you want and you don't even have to have any new player printed on the back.

Also, the away shorts and socks are £10 and £4 online, yet I picked them up for £5 and £1 in the shop!!

I picked up two kids kits, a full away kit and a home top for £46. A bargain but if I'd have shopped online for the same stuff I would have paid £23 more!

Why are they charging more for certain products online? Should they not be incentivising people rather than penalising them?

bigstu
26-02-2011, 05:03 AM
tops were 27 instore last time i looked

Allant1981
26-02-2011, 07:43 AM
Defo ten bucks, i was in yesterday

Woody1985
26-02-2011, 09:17 AM
It could be that there's too much stock in the shop or trying to encourage more matchday sales for greenday.

Just a guess.

Allant1981
26-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Have to say i wasnt that impressed with the stock, my wee boy is 2 and there isnt that much for kids his age

Moulin Yarns
26-02-2011, 09:25 AM
shirt amnesty

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110208/back-to-the-future_2262950_2288653

down-the-slope
26-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Have to say i wasnt that impressed with the stock, my wee boy is 2 and there isnt that much for kids his age

Thats because this years kit is being flogged off in readiness for next seasons offereing...al that will be left is the less popular offereings

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-02-2011, 10:00 AM
I have always been highly critical about the way we sell our merchandise, I also find it highly arrogant of the way they assume A. everyone can get down to the shop and B. everyone has a computer.

Not making clothing for sale outside these two outlets is just plain daft imo.

Question? are we the only club in Scotland that does this?, it's ironic that I can buy say an Aberdeen top in a high street sports shop in Edinburgh but can't buy a Hibs one :confused:

Never understood this logic and before anyone jumps down my throat surely Hibs get money for any shirts sold outwith the above outlets.

Why do we continue to do retail like this when there is money to be made I will never know, our PR is a joke but of late they have started to do deals but for me it's not enough I'm afraid.

PS..online prices especially postage are a joke as well.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-02-2011, 10:13 AM
I have always been highly critical about the way we sell our merchandise, I also find it highly arrogant of the way they assume A. everyone can get down to the shop and B. everyone has a computer.

Not making clothing for sale outside these two outlets is just plain daft imo.

Question? are we the only club in Scotland that does this?, it's ironic that I can buy say an Aberdeen top in a high street sports shop in Edinburgh but can't buy a Hibs one :confused:

Never understood this logic and before anyone jumps down my throat surely Hibs get money for any shirts sold outwith the above outlets.

Why do we continue to do retail like this when there is money to be made I will never know, our PR is a joke but of late they have started to do deals but for me it's not enough I'm afraid.

PS..online prices especially postage are a joke as well.

Thats why I believe it may also be possible to purchase over the phone.
The question is who buys and where do they buy.
Hibs fans buy and there has been a strong message about the outlets of where to buy. Take a look at what happended to the Rangers and Hearts shops to see what happens when its thought that there will be sufficient custom through dedicated stores. Margins in other shops maybe make less attractive.
When you sell indirectly you have no idea what happens online and instore you have the customers undevide attention and can cross sell upsell.

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Thats why I believe it may also be possible to purchase over the phone.
The question is who buys and where do they buy.
Hibs fans buy and there has been a strong message about the outlets of where to buy. Take a look at what happended to the Rangers and Hearts shops to see what happens when its thought that there will be sufficient custom through dedicated stores. Margins in other shops maybe make less attractive.
When you sell indirectly you have no idea what happens online and instore you have the customers undevide attention and can cross sell upsell.

Don't really understand what you are on about TBH but like I say Hibs must do something better than what we already have in place, I suspect Puma sell clothing at a fraction of what we sell at and surely any product sold with the official shirt maker will make both parties happy you simply cannot rely on just the Hibs shop or online and even phone orders to make money.

The yams were way way above themselves with their shops and can't ever recall anyone being in them when I passed them so I don't think we would ever consider going down that road.

Bristolhibby
26-02-2011, 12:42 PM
I phoned up and got the wee guy a full home kit and my Dad an away shirt for £20. Had to pay £4 p&p, but I was really pleased with that price.

My Dad now has a new jersey for the Derby. And I have moved onto the next phase of brainwashing my two year old.

J

Viva_Palmeiras
26-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Don't really understand what you are on about TBH but like I say Hibs must do something better than what we already have in place, I suspect Puma sell clothing at a fraction of what we sell at and surely any product sold with the official shirt maker will make both parties happy you simply cannot rely on just the Hibs shop or online and even phone orders to make money.

The yams were way way above themselves with their shops and can't ever recall anyone being in them when I passed them so I don't think we would ever consider going down that road.

How do you learn about your customers if they are in someone elses shop?
In your shop or online store you learn about their preferences you can discount promote other offers that wouldn't happen elsewhere and keep your costs down
Whats the actual benefit to hibs with a deal with jjb sports? Increased exposure ? Increased distribution?
Do you not reckon well have done the maths? We used to sell differently I'm assuming it didn't work out so what's changed that means we should revert?