PDA

View Full Version : Doncaster Wants Wool Over Eyes

alexedwards
25-02-2011, 11:55 AM
The SPL vote is smoke & mirrors - Doncaster is trying to wield his influence by deliberately making out that if the SPL vote then that is a final decision.
IT is not - the final decision is not with the SPL - it is with the SFL.
Doncaster is bouncing round getting his picture taken and printed in media and saying this one's on board and that one's on board. And all the time he is
doing it he is spinning his ass off knowing that this is a PR exercise where the absolute final result is outwith his hands - yet he want us to believe that
he is the man in the know and that his & the SPL say is important.
All this has already taken place in 2007 (see link; another fact omitted from any rational discussion on this topic)

http://news.bbc.co.u...v_1/6573379.stm

If Doncaster can persuade the SFL chairmen (no easy task) then he is in the league of Hitler.
Crazy to think it is the SFL clubs (the small ones) who once again would be the saviours of our gam

Golden Bear
25-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Doncaster is proving himself to be the ultimate spin doctor but he'll never convince the fans that a ten team league is the optimum solution.

aberhibsfc
25-02-2011, 01:23 PM
:agree:

He's an amatuer politician the way he's bounding around with the headlines and very little in the way of content. I really don't believe that he or his organisation are transparent enough to be believed.

If they press on with this, even if the clubs vote 'yes', their customer, the only constant in a world where TV deals can be manipulated, co-joined, go bust or be dropped, the one constant, the fan is being ignored.

If fans were canvassed I'd imagine there would be very little support in his propaganised theatre. The definition of madness in this case is doing the same thing to get better results, going back to more or less a previously discarded template will not provide the saviour of Scottish football.

He's a pig-face muppet, but that's giving Miss Piggy a bad name, I just don't trust the guy. He's bounding around like Michael McIntyre in a wooden horse and I fear for the gifts that he suggests will come to bear. It's a fag packet proposal and I think even he's been sucked in by the headlines. I wouldn't be too surprised if the SPL power-brokers Celtic / Rangers are pushing their political buttons.

A smaller league with a 3 point win will create a bigger divide between them and us and secure them dominance at the top of the table. An ailing Rangers in a larger league, one wher you could get a run of games against similar or smaller sized clubs to rack up points rather than playing them every 7 or so games.

Lest not forget how difficult it was to promote youth in such a tight league, we didn't start producing and playing until we were in the 12. We missed out on the first season of SPL but look how our youngsters came to the fore when we returned. Tell me how many players made the grade previously. And this is at a time where we don't even have a reserve league. How are we going to have a platform to develop young talent in this structure.

The current set-up is made poorer by the inablity to retain our top players, going to ten won't change this. As long as money from TV provides a false platform for Champ and League 1 clubs we will not retain them even with a ten. I can't forsee the Champ remaining the 4th richest league in the world forever as it just can't be sustained. The days of a club within a city whose population wouldn't fill ER can snap up a full international from us must come to an end one day. It's not sustainable and not all will be able to compete with us when they return to more traditional revenue or at least when it's % is higher.

One thing the current situation is providing as an offset is the opportunity to blood youngsters, some of which have gone south and proved successful, just look at the options available to Scotland just now. It's just unfortunate at club level we can't afford them.

Until Pigsy can start laying down som facts I just can't accept the medicine he's peddling to cure our ills. It's remaniscent of Labour's tactics of fear to drag us into a long-term war and Tories tactic of financial doom so we would swallow the harsh financial climate we are living within. There's far too much of this headline crap and we never get under the surface. I have not yet heard any arguement other than this utopia of money he goes on about. Has he ever try to explain or justify his explanations, no he hasn't.

Moulin Yarns
26-02-2011, 08:34 AM
The SPL vote is smoke & mirrors - Doncaster is trying to wield his influence by deliberately making out that if the SPL vote then that is a final decision.
IT is not - the final decision is not with the SPL - it is with the SFL.
Doncaster is bouncing round getting his picture taken and printed in media and saying this one's on board and that one's on board. And all the time he is
doing it he is spinning his ass off knowing that this is a PR exercise where the absolute final result is outwith his hands - yet he want us to believe that
he is the man in the know and that his & the SPL say is important.
All this has already taken place in 2007 (see link; another fact omitted from any rational discussion on this topic)

http://news.bbc.co.u...v_1/6573379.stm

If Doncaster can persuade the SFL chairmen (no easy task) then he is in the league of Hitler.
Crazy to think it is the SFL clubs (the small ones) who once again would be the saviours of our gam

He wants to merge the SPL and SFL if I understand it correctly, so that'll be like turkeys voting for christmas.

jdships
26-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Doncaster is proving himself to be the ultimate spin doctor but he'll never convince the fans that a ten team league is the optimum solution.

:thumbsup::top marks
This quote from another poster IMO says it all
" If they press on with this, even if the clubs vote 'yes', their customer, the only constant in a world where TV deals can be manipulated, co-joined, go bust or be dropped, the one constant, the fan is being ignored. "

As I have said many times on the past months football is part of the entertainment industry and their customers regularly vote with their feet .
Mr D please please listen to your "customers" before it is too late.
P.S Does he honestly think going to the 10 club format will increase Hamilton Acad's present average gate of under 3000 ?
In your dreams !!

:confused:

down the slope
26-02-2011, 09:59 AM
From todays Record
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2011/02/26/spl-revamp-could-see-clubs-face-each-other-nine-times-in-one-season-86908-22950484/

This would have more repeats than the BBC !, unbelievable what this guy is trying to sell and don't forget our clubs part in this nonsense.

Mikey
26-02-2011, 10:02 AM
This thread has been on the go for 22 hours and it's had five replies.

Are you guys sure that no-one wants this :wink:

I'd agree that there's plenty of spin though. But it's not just him :cb

Kojock
26-02-2011, 10:10 AM
From todays Record
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2011/02/26/spl-revamp-could-see-clubs-face-each-other-nine-times-in-one-season-86908-22950484/

This would have more repeats than the BBC !, unbelievable what this guy is trying to sell and don't forget our clubs part in this nonsense.

Not as sensational as it seems. The league set up as it is teams could play each other ten times a season (if both clubs qualified for the Europa cup). Never heard anyone complaining about that.

seanshow
26-02-2011, 11:03 AM
I think we have to actually wait until it gets announced,(if he can get it voted on)

The organised boycott days across the country will kick in, .....repeat over a few months until the decision is changed.
I think it's already been organised on the more nationwide football forums :)
The SPL chairmen will go bleating back to the shepherd(puppet). "how come once a month we are playing in front of 2000 fans."
Or if the decision is take in the close season no one buys season tickets and there is no money for players.

They'll soon get the message who runs Scottish football.

If you don't want a 10 Team SPL Vote with your feet, it's the only way. :agree:

Dr What If?
26-02-2011, 05:34 PM
They'll soon get the message who runs Scottish football.

If you don't want a 10 Team SPL Vote with your feet, it's the only way. :agree:

This is what makes the whole thing completely rediculous. You dont go to your local supermarket to be told what your having for tea! Supermarkets fill their shelves with want people want to buy, if they didn't people would go elsewhere.

I also hate this argument of 'larger league is unworkable' rubbish. How hard have you looked Doncaster? More playoffs? Reform of cup competitions? Include other Celtic nations? Redistribute TV money more evenly? It sickens me that MY club supports this truly idiotic view on the fututure of our league.

Can't wait though to hear what the SFL clubs say to the idea of taking their 3 national divisions and turning them into regions!!! Also, if 10 teams means more money for the SPL, how does SPL 2 benefit???

majorhibs
26-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Does naebody remember how crap it was before when we tried this 10 team nonsense? Boring wasnae the word needed, it was beyond that. Same teams just a few weeks later. Pandering tae the old squirm again, when are Hibs goin to rise above that? If our board agree to this then our board needs serious looking at, who are they in bed with, whose interests are they looking out for?

HibbyDave
26-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Nobody had even heard of Doncaster until about 6 months ago. Then he and his other pal jump on a plane to Lithuania to court Vlad and promise everyone a fantastic future awaits with a ten team league.

Unless the fans vote very firmly with their cash by NOT RENEWING SEASON TICKETS UNTIL HIBERNIAN CLEARLY STATE THEIR OPPOSITION TO THIS PLAN THEN NOTHING WILL CHANGE.