PDA

View Full Version : And the latest thing Celtc have stolen from us!

Hibs12thMan
25-02-2011, 11:09 AM
You can be Celtic's 12th man for Scottish Cup replay (http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=720)

I was going to ask if they have any original thought of their own but then realised just how stupid that was!

You don’t have to follow the link, trust us its true.

The Hibs 12th Man, all of us, will just have to show that we are stronger, that we will be the best support in Scotland and that no matter what is offered the Hibs 12th Man will only go along the M8 when the Mighty Hibees are playing away!

OUR AMBITION TO BECOME RECOGNISED AS THE BEST SUPPORT IN SCOTLAND

PROBABLY THE BEST IN THE UK

AND WHEN HIBERNIAN FC GET THERE, TO BE THE FRIENDLIEST SUPPORT IN EUROPE

Marabou Stork
25-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Er. I'm by no means averse to having a pop at our inferior weegie cousins but let's not kid ourselves that we 'invented' this 12th man carry on. There's been things like this for years, and despite your attempted revisionism and your tiresome self-congratulation we're hardly unique.

Hibstrooper
25-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Er. I'm by no means averse to having a pop at our inferior weegie cousins but let's not kid ourselves that we 'invented' this 12th man carry on. There's been things like this for years, and despite your attempted revisionism and your tiresome self-congratulation we're hardly unique.

That's a bit harsh.

12th man scheme has played a big part in improving the atmosphere and feel good factor at ER and should be applauded.

When they publicise things on here with a positive message I see it all as drumming up more interest rather than showing off.

BTW I'm not a member so not biased.

brog
25-02-2011, 11:26 AM

I'm sure the Hibs 12th Man blurb is not unique but as a long distance ( London ) fan I'm hugely appreciative of the great efforts they're making to support & strengthen our club. Unfortunately snide comments on this board, which denigrate other people's initiatives & do nothing to help our team, are also not big, not clever & certainly not unique!

marinello59
25-02-2011, 11:29 AM

That is rather unfair. The guys putting the effort into this deserve applause for managing to provide one of the few positives of this season.

Jack
25-02-2011, 11:33 AM
The Hibs 12th Man is right.

Although the 12th man is a generic term (actually its not generic at all, its copyright of Texas A&M) it is only Hibs 12th Man that routinely put the name of the club first.

The sheep were the Red Army 12 and they seem to stop and start.

In England the term is most often used in cricket although a few football clubs do use it – the Imps 12th Man.

Celtc FC have never used the term in that way before.

iwasthere1972
25-02-2011, 11:41 AM
To be honest when the Hibs 12th Man was first suggested back in the summer I was very sceptical and didn't think it would get the backing it has had. I now have nothing but total admiration for all the guys who got this off the ground and running (especially considering our performances and results since then) and now believe that it will go from strength to strength. The addition of all the flags that will be present in the east stand tomorrow will be a great site to see and I can't wait for tomorrow to come.

However to claim that we thought up this idea of the 12th Man is to say the least a bit embarrassing and I would urge the OP to delete the thread before too many people have read it.

Hibs 12th Man. :hibees :hibees

Hainan Hibs
25-02-2011, 01:41 PM

Criticising the Hibs 12th Man on hibs.net?????

http://thepqnation.com/livingwicked/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/oh_no_you_didnt.gif

fat freddy
25-02-2011, 01:47 PM
the marabou stork is having a nightmare..

frazeHFC
25-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Hibs 12th Man are the best. Not making it tomorrow but in the Derby we need to outsing the Yams for 90 minutes. Sick of seeing Jambos who say "you hardly sang at all" after recent Derbies.

:flag: :hibees :cgwa

Sir David Gray
25-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Although I agree that the use of the term "12th man" when describing passionate football fans is not an original term and is certainly not unique to the Hibs group, it would not surprise me in the slightest if Celtic have copied and stolen this idea from us.

They have been doing this ever since their club came into existence in 1888 so, 123 years later, what makes people think they are going to change now?

Albanian Hibs
25-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Nothing that that horrible manky weegie "club" do surprises me at all. The have been stealing from us since 1888. GTF tramps :bye:

:hibees

vahibbie
25-02-2011, 02:25 PM

That's a bit out of order.
I believe the Hibs 12th man has been congratulated by a lot of people.

Lofarl
25-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Do the still have that "More than a club" on their tickets that they shamelessly stole from Barca. Maybe the bigot 12th man can hold those signs up when they sign "You'll never walk alone"

Hamish
25-02-2011, 03:24 PM

:top marks

now away and dae some trainspotting....

Frogga
25-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Hibs' 12th Man > Celtic's 12th Man

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2011, 03:56 PM
They dont even hide it, even the 12th MHAN would have been a little more original?
I dread to think what they would be like without us? :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
26-02-2011, 06:47 PM

So you content yourself by taking a pop at our supported initiative?
Before someone takes a pop they should try something that moves people tomake a real difference themselves thankless task underappreciated

Pretty Boy
26-02-2011, 06:55 PM

:greengrin

Tell you what though i was in Ecstasy when that 2nd goal went in, got told to sit down by the Filth.