PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Tonights Matches

YehButNoBut
24-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Europa Cup matches tonight.

Rangers v Sporting Lisbon just about to start in Lisbon.

Lisbon wearing Celtic strips :greengrin

Match is on ESPN followed by the Man City game.

C'mon the Sporting :thumbsup:

PeeJay
24-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Europa Cup matches tonight.

Rangers v Sporting Lisbon just about to start in Lisbon.

Lisbon wearing Celtic strips :greengrin

Match is on ESPN followed by the Man City game.

C'mon the Sporting :thumbsup:

Are Rangers playing in borrowed Athletico Madrid strips? :confused:

Dunbar Hibee
24-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Are Rangers playing in borrowed Athletico Madrid strips? :confused:

Horrible strip for a horrible team.

hibee_girl
24-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Rangers 1-0

diouf

PeeJay
Horrible strip for a horrible team.

Sounds fair to me ... sxxx they've just scored!

YehButNoBut
Diouf makes it 1-0 Rangers. :rolleyes:

Removed
24-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Diouf makes it 1-0 Rangers. :rolleyes:

H18sry will be happy :wink:

Mon the coeffiecient :thumbsup:

Diclonius
24-02-2011, 05:30 PM
I despise Rangers but an extra Europa League place sounds good to me. 'Mon the coefficient.

Diclonius
24-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Just checked - if Rangers win tonight, and the Swiss and Czech clubs go out, we should secure two CL and EL places for next season. :thumbsup:

hibee_girl
24-02-2011, 05:43 PM
1-1

Mendes

Sylar
24-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Damn: 1-1.

Pedro Mendes

HibbyAndy
24-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Cmon Sporting!

Sylar
24-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Just checked - if Rangers win tonight, and the Swiss and Czech clubs go out, we should secure two CL and EL places for next season. :thumbsup:

Cmon Sporting!

Serious question Andy - If Rangers beating somebody on the final day of the season could secure a league win for Hibs, would you still want them to lose?

Rangers winning stands to award 2 teams in Scotland with a chance to represent us in Europe and enhance our chances of getting a European place (maybe not this season).

I can't understand people on here cheering against something which stands to benefit Hibs in the bigger picture, even if they do detest the club :confused:

blackpoolhibs
24-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Serious question Andy - If Rangers beating somebody on the final day of the season could secure a league win for Hibs, would you still want them to lose?

Rangers winning stands to award 2 teams in Scotland with a chance to represent us in Europe and enhance our chances of getting a European place (maybe not this season).

I can't understand people on here cheering against something which stands to benefit Hibs in the bigger picture, even if they do detest the club :confused:

Then you dont understand just how much some of us detest them?

iwasthere1972
24-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Liverpool 0 Sparta 0 51 minutes gone.

Anyone see the ref telling Kyrgiakos to "calm down" "calm down" after having a paddy. Was he taken the michael?

Sylar
24-02-2011, 06:09 PM

Evidently not.

It just seems parochial to me.

Sudds_1
24-02-2011, 06:11 PM

nose cut spite off face :wink:

Removed

Completely different scenario in my opinion and if a Rangers victory secured a league win for us every Hibby would will that I'm sure.

A Rangers victory tonight guarantees zip and even if Scotland did get an extra CL or EL place history says it's just as likely, if not more likely, to go to Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Hearts or Motherwell.

Personally I'd be happy to have no Euro places if it resulted in fairer competition in our league without the OF getting big bucks from Euro comps.

So mon the Sporting. Get it right up they Hun cants :agree:

iwasthere1972

C'mon the huns. :aok:

I'm off :taxi

Sudds_1
24-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Evidently not.

It just seems parochial to me.

Not even that.........it ingores the fact that, if it happened, we'd effectively delivered the double whammy - won the league and pissed them off big time into the bargain because they "assisted"

I could dine off that for years with the huns I know.......:wink::agree:

blackpoolhibs
nose cut spite off face :wink:

Probably, although i despise them and personally i think i can do without the ability to smell. Certainly come in handy for away derby's.:wink:

Sylar
Completely different scenario in my opinion and if a Rangers victory secured a league win for us every Hibby would will that I'm sure.

A Rangers victory tonight guarantees zip and even if Scotland did get an extra CL or EL place history says it's just as likely, if not more likely, to go to Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Hearts or Motherwell.

Personally I'd be happy to have no Euro places if it resulted in fairer competition in our league without the OF getting big bucks from Euro comps.

So mon the Sporting. Gtn it right up they Hun cants :agree:

That's such a short sighted view of it though.

Aye, there's not a chance of us qualifying this year, but assuming Calderwood can turn it around over the summer and we get back to challenging next year, surely it's in our favour if there are extra places available than just finishing in the top 3 or winning the cup?

Removed
Not even that.........it ingores the fact that, if it happened, we'd effectively delivered the double whammy - won the league and pissed them off big time into the bargain because they "assisted"

I could dine off that for years with the huns I know.......:wink::agree:

It ignores that fact that it's a fantasy scenario as well :wink:

Sudds_1
24-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Probably, although i despise them and personally i think i can do without the ability to smell. Certainly come in handy for away derby's.:wink:

on that we DO agree :wink:

Sir David Gray
24-02-2011, 06:16 PM
I have no problems with Rangers or Celtic winning in Europe, particularly if it's going to give Scotland an extra European place. IMO the more representatives that Scotland has in European competition the better. I would never actively support either of them in Europe though and couldn't care less if/when they lose.

I'm not sure I could say the same if it was Hearts playing Sporting Lisbon tonight though and the same prize was on offer for Scottish football.

I would only want them to win a game of football if it was to directly benefit Hibs, even then I would seriously grudge it.

Sudds_1
24-02-2011, 06:16 PM
It ignores that fact that it's a fantasy scenario as well :wink:

Well ......thats up there wth my other ones :greengrin:greengrin:wink:

Removed
24-02-2011, 06:17 PM
That's such a short sighted view of it though.

Aye, there's not a chance of us qualifying this year, but assuming Calderwood can turn it around over the summer and we get back to challenging next year, surely it's in our favour if there are extra places available than just finishing in the top 3 or winning the cup?

Just finishing in the top 3, or just winning the cup :rolleyes:

I've seen 3 league cup wins in my lifetime (plus 2 Drybroughs) and I'd rather finish 3rd and have a cup win than get pumped by some unknowns in a qualifying round.

Sylar
24-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Just finishing in the top 3, or just winning the cup :rolleyes:

I've seen 3 league cup wins in my lifetime (plus 2 Drybroughs) and I'd rather finish 3rd and have a cup win than get pumped by some unknowns in a qualifying round.

Well, who wouldn't?

But if we DID finish in 4th, it would be nice to know we'd still achieve something.

Removed
24-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Well, who wouldn't?

But if we DID finish in 4th, it would be nice to know we'd still achieve something.

But if the OF didn't get all the CL money, the TV companies would **** off, we'd have a more level playing field and have a good chance in all 3 competitions we entered.

Now that would be nice :agree:

Sylar
24-02-2011, 06:31 PM
But if the OF didn't get all the CL money, the TV companies would **** off, we'd have a more level playing field and have a good chance in all 3 competitions we entered.

Now that would be nice :agree:

No arguments there B.

Baldy Foghorn
24-02-2011, 06:34 PM
I for one hope they get emptied. The less money that revolting club makes the better......

I will never back them in Europe, they and their neighbours have ruined the Scottish game with their greed and selfishness, so hope they get pumped..... Do you think they were saying prior to the match, let's win as it is better for the co-efficient...?? Nah no chance.....

hibee_girl
24-02-2011, 06:42 PM
2-1 Sporting

Sir David Gray
24-02-2011, 06:43 PM
1-0 Liverpool, Kuyt.

:grr:

Cabbage East
24-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Get it up yi Huns :greengrin

hibee_girl
24-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Rangers score in 91st minute, looks like they'll be going through now!

Baldy Foghorn
2-1 Sporting

Superb.....GIRFUY............:greengrin

Sylar
Sporting 2-2 Rangers - Mo Edu.

Baldy Foghorn
24-02-2011, 06:52 PM
rangers score in 91st minute, looks like they'll be going through now!

awww ffs

iwasthere1972
24-02-2011, 06:53 PM
1-0 Liverpool, Kuyt.

:grr:

Calm down calm down.

C'mon the scousers.

Sylar
24-02-2011, 06:54 PM
FT: Sporting Lisbon 2-2 Rangers (3-3)

Rangers through on away goals.

Sylar
24-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Good night for Scottish Football then it seems - Sparta Prague are out, Basle are out and Young Boys are out.

All Swiss and Czech teams out, plus Scottish progression = 2 extra European places?

YehButNoBut
24-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Rangers will play PSV Eindhoven in the next round

Liverpool play Lech Poznan or Braga

ballengeich
24-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Good night for Scottish Football then it seems - Sparta Prague are out, Basle are out and Young Boys are out.

All Swiss and Czech teams out, plus Scottish progression = 2 extra European places?

Just 1 extra place in 2012-13. The top two go into champions' league qualification rounds and there still be 3 europa league places.

Sylar
24-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Just 1 extra place in 2012-13. The top two go into champions' league qualification rounds and there still be 3 europa league places.

Is one of those Champions League places an "upgrade" from a Europa League place?

Hibs90
24-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Lucky *******s!

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Rangers will play PSV Eindhoven in the next round

All Billy boys together then eh? :rolleyes:

ballengeich
24-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Is one of those Champions League places an "upgrade" from a Europa League place?

I don't know what you mean by upgrade, but this season Scottish teams compete for 1 place in next season's CL and 3 in the Europa. Next season we'll compete for 2 teams in the CL while still having 3 in the 2012-13 Europa.

Note that the CL entrants have to go into the qualifying rounds - no automatic entry to the groups like Rangers got this season.

Sylar
24-02-2011, 10:27 PM
I don't know what you mean by upgrade, but this season Scottish teams compete for 1 place in next season's CL and 3 in the Europa. Next season we'll compete for 2 teams in the CL while still having 3 in the 2012-13 Europa.

Note that the CL entrants have to go into the qualifying rounds - no automatic entry to the groups like Rangers got this season.

I simply mean that we gain an extra place in the Europa League and one of those existing 4 places becomes a Champions League place instead :agree:

I use the word "upgrade", as let's face it - the Champions League is far more lucrative than the Europa League.

Removed
24-02-2011, 11:51 PM
I simply mean that we gain an extra place in the Europa League and one of those existing 4 places becomes a Champions League place instead :agree:

I use the word "upgrade", as let's face it - the Champions League is far more lucrative than the Europa League.

Yet some folk on here want rangers and celtc to do well in Europe and qualify for that lucrative pot of cash every year.

Aye that's great for the rest of Scottish football right enough :rolleyes:

greenlex
25-02-2011, 03:44 AM
Yet some folk on here want rangers and celtc to do well in Europe and qualify for that lucrative pot of cash every year.

Spot on Billy. An upgrade will benefit no one short term other than the old firm team that doesn't win the league. IIRC Celtic had a great big hole in their accounts this year due to non qualifying. Long may it continue and maybe the teams outside the Glasgow pair might get closer on the domestic front. I can't for he life of me fathom fans of Hibs not seeing this.

Sylar
25-02-2011, 08:06 AM

Is it not only a "lucrative pot of cash" if they progress beyond the qualifying stages though?

If we (miraculously) finish 4th this season or (more realistically) next season, we directly benefit with Europa League football.

greenlex
25-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Is it not only a "lucrative pot of cash" if they progress beyond the qualifying stages though?

If we (miraculously) finish 4th this season or (more realistically) next season, we directly benefit with Europa League football.

Depends on your definition if benefit Scott.
A trip to some eastern Eurooean outfit too early in the season to progress that will no doubt cost the club instead if making money only to be beaten. It only happens once every ten years or so while one of the old firm get the wonga from their jonts into Europe every year as they are stronger.