PDA

View Full Version : Tough Times Ahead - Saturday is even more important

MB62
24-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Just been looking at the fixtures for until the split, where we play Hamilton at home. Between now and then though, Four of our next Six games are away from home, with our one Home game being against the Yams (after Saturday of course).
IMO, this makes three points on Saturday even more vital, although our recent improved form might indicate we can now pick up points away from home.

Tough times ahead as I said and the 12th Man will have a big part to play too until the end of the season

GGTTH

Hamish
24-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Spot on. Some on here seem to reckon we are well clear of relegation now and top 6 is a distinct possibility. Top 6 is a non starter for me - I hope I am wrong though

All it takes is for Hamilton to get a win and then they may go and take 9 out of 9 and then its back in the melting pot - and yes I know that doesn't look likely but....

Yes I know its a glass half empty, pessimistic thought, but if the players start putting away the tools thinking we are ok, we could get a rude awakening

WindyMiller
24-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Sad to say but, our most important games are against Accies.
If we can split the points evenly, or come out on top, they won't catch us without a major change of form.

GreenCastle
24-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Some very big games ahead - I would take a draw from the next 2 to stay unbeaten BUT really a win and a loss is 3points.... and 1 point better than 2 draws..

ICT - H

Hamilton - A

Celtic - A

Hearts - H

Aberdeen - A

Hamilton - H

Celtic away I expect us to loose - as they are playing well.

The yams at home - they have the better squad but who knows with a derby - the last one we thought we would get hammered and it was only 1v0.

Aberdeen away is always tough - and Hamilton at home will be massive too.

The team really needs our continued support after their recent revival.:agree:

sleeping giant
24-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Take it one huge game at a time.

Massive game on Saturday and i think ER will be bouncing :flag:

Top six is a possibility imo if we win on Saturday .
One game at a time though. Lets catch the sheep:flag:

BEEJ
24-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Some very big games ahead - I would take a draw from the next 2 to stay unbeaten BUT really a win and a loss is 3points.... and 1 point better than 2 draws..

ICT - H

Hamilton - A

Celtic - A

Hearts - H

Aberdeen - A

Hamilton - H

You've missed the match against St Johnstone on March 5th. :wink:

As regards the OP, there is even more riding on Saturday's match with the season ticket announcement today. Last chance to experience a day out at ER until 3 April.

Hopefully the Green Day incentive will draw a larger than usual crowd - 16,000 to 17,000? So we need to put on a performance that will encourage many of the 'guests' in the Home end on Saturday to return.

Nae pressure then, lads. :greengrin

hfc rd
24-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Take it one huge game at a time.

Massive game on Saturday and i think ER will be bouncing :flag:

Top six is a possibility imo if we win on Saturday .
One game at a time though. Lets catch the sheep:flag:

:agree:
Exactly. One game at a time. Lets focus on this Saturday's game against Inverness. The players are going to have the fans in there numbers at the game on Saturday and a good win in front of a massive crowd is going to be the only way that is going to please us all and shape us up very nicely for the clash with Hamilton in midweek. But first and foremost we need to concentrate on the Inverness game and get a good result in which is going to be our final home game before the Hearts game. Lets hope the players show up and show us that they are better than where they currently are in the table and that this good run of form on a month, where we have always seemed to struggle, has only just started not ending.
COME ON HIBS, LETS WRAP UP FEBRUARY IN STYLE WITH A GOOD WIN IN FRONT OF A GOOD CROWD THIS SAT AGAINST OUR SO CALLED 'BOGEY TEAM'.

:cgwa :flag::hibees

monktonharp
24-02-2011, 10:10 PM
I do think ICT is a game we can win,we should have won the previous ER game against them imho,so with our new found effort and new faces, I expect us to give them a much harder game this time but the crucial game could be at Hamilton, ifwe win that one the accies are sunk. with a big noisy support at both these games, I expect not to lose either of them. let's hope the fans turn out in numbers:cgwa

--------
24-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Just been looking at the fixtures for until the split, where we play Hamilton at home. Between now and then though, Four of our next Six games are away from home, with our one Home game being against the Yams (after Saturday of course).
IMO, this makes three points on Saturday even more vital, although our recent improved form might indicate we can now pick up points away from home.

Tough times ahead as I said and the 12th Man will have a big part to play too until the end of the season

GGTTH

The news tonight suggested that the SPL re-org might well take effect at the end of this season. 12 goes into 10 - which means either 2 down and none up, or 3 down and 1 up. We're still in the doo-doo IMO, and those who're dreaming of a top-6 place need to waken up and smell the coffee.

BEEJ
24-02-2011, 10:24 PM
The news tonight suggested that the SPL re-org might well take effect at the end of this season. 12 goes into 10 - which means either 2 down and none up, or 3 down and 1 up. We're still in the doo-doo IMO, and those who're dreaming of a top-6 place need to waken up and smell the coffee.
I saw that as well.

Cannot understand how such a fundamental change so late on in the preceding season would be acceptable or in keeping with SPL rules.

But nothing would surprise me anymore. :rolleyes:

Mixu62
24-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Spot on. Some on here seem to reckon we are well clear of relegation now and top 6 is a distinct possibility. Top 6 is a non starter for me - I hope I am wrong though

All it takes is for Hamilton to get a win and then they may go and take 9 out of 9 and then its back in the melting pot - and yes I know that doesn't look likely but....

Yes I know its a glass half empty, pessimistic thought, but if the players start putting away the tools thinking we are ok, we could get a rude awakening

True though. I'll be happy once we're 10 points clear with 3 games to go. Until then, the job is not done yet.

--------
24-02-2011, 10:36 PM
I saw that as well.

Cannot understand how such a fundamental change so late on in the preceding season would be acceptable or in keeping with SPL rules.

But nothing would surprise me anymore. :rolleyes:

Indeed. :agree:

One would think that the fair and legal thing would be to finish the season playing to the same rules as we started it.

But since the Beeb and Neil Lennon think it's OK, I suppose it's OK. :rolleyes:

I've developed a habit over the years of always expecting the worst from life. Sadly, I've rarely been surprised or wrong, BEEJ.