PDA

View Full Version : That damn Motherwell pitch again

The Gorf
24-02-2011, 08:49 AM
How lucky were St Midden last night? Quote from the Scotsman

Higdon made an immediate impact in the 81st minute, but Motherwell goalkeeper Darren Randolph was left cursing the state of the Fir Park pitch after the striker's shot bounced off a divot and over his hand. :confused: Only 3 points behind us now.

big-mo
24-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Look on the positives, not St Mirren three points closer, but we are now one game closer to the 'well. Only looking up not down. :agree:

The Gorf
24-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Look on the positives, not St Mirren three points closer, but we are now one game closer to the 'well. Only looking up not down. :agree:

Agree with you totally. :flag:

--------
24-02-2011, 10:35 AM

If our players are of the right stuff, this should only act as motivation to them to give 100% on Saturday against ICT.

Besides - poetic justice, ho ho ho. It's about time that buncha chancers suffered for the state of their pitch. European aspirations? - that pig-sty they call Fir Park must be the second biggest embarrassment of a ground in the SPL.

The Gorf
24-02-2011, 10:42 AM
If our players are of the right stuff, this should only act as motivation to them to give 100% on Saturday against ICT.

Besides - poetic justice, ho ho ho. It's about time that buncha chancers suffered for the state of their pitch. European aspirations? - that pig-sty they call Fir Park must be the second biggest embarrassment of a ground in the SPL.

Do you think that was the catalyst that made Boyle stand down as Chairman? Apparaently he's lost 10 million to propping up that dump.

blackpoolhibs
24-02-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm not sure why anyone's bothered about St Mirren winning? Relegation will not happen, we should be looking up not down.:confused:

Stevie Reid
24-02-2011, 10:58 AM

Was just about to post the same thing, Doddie - if they get punished for the state of their pitch, so be it.

marinello59
24-02-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm not sure why anyone's bothered about St Mirren winning? Relegation will not happen, we should be looking up not down.:confused:

I agree with the first sentence. It doesn't matter what other teams do, we just have to keep getting points ourselves.
I'll wait until we have beaten Hamilton before fully agreeing with the second sentence.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
24-02-2011, 11:02 AM
I agree with the first sentence. It doesn't matter what other teams do, we just have to keep getting points ourselves.
I'll wait until we have beaten Hamilton before fully agreeing with the second sentence.:greengrin

Have a bit of faith man. :wink:

dangermouse
24-02-2011, 11:12 AM
How lucky were St Midden last night? Quote from the Scotsman

Higdon made an immediate impact in the 81st minute, but Motherwell goalkeeper Darren Randolph was left cursing the state of the Fir Park pitch after the striker's shot bounced off a divot and over his hand. :confused: Only 3 points behind us now.

How can their pitch always be in a terrible state? They have ripped it up and relaid it more times than any other team in the last few years. Having said that, ours in looking a bit shoddy at the moment but a million times better than the surface at Fir Park.

--------
24-02-2011, 12:06 PM
How can their pitch always be in a terrible state? They have ripped it up and relaid it more times than any other team in the last few years. Having said that, ours in looking a bit shoddy at the moment but a million times better than the surface at Fir Park.

They claim is. because of the winter weather in North Lanarkshire.

Oddly enough, I've seen both Airdrie's pitch at New Broomfield and Albion Rovers' pitch at Cliftonhill, and neither are in anything like the state of Fir Park. And neither of those clubs have the resources of Motherwell.

Albion Hibs
24-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Not ideal that St M got all the points, a draw would have been the best result for us. The only thing I am glad to see is the pitch costing Motherwell points. I would hope that happens every home game, as to be honest every team has had to suffer the impacts of it, especially over the last few seasons.

The vast majority of times it seems to go in Motherwells favour, so I am sure it will make them more points than it will lose them unfortunately.