PDA

View Full Version : Golf Season 2011

Sylar
23-02-2011, 05:01 PM
I know we have the social group, but I don't know how regularly it's still checked.

Anyway, the weather appears to be improving and conditions are conducive to golfing again, after a long bleak winter!

I decided to sneak out for a sneaky 12 holes this afternoon after finishing my fieldwork and was VERY happy with how I was striking the ball. Comfortable, effortless and well targeted.

Putting was still utterly woeful, but one step at a time :greengrin

What courses do we all have scheduled this year?

I've got a round at the Fairmont St Andrews, Turnberry, Royal Aberdeen, The Carrick and The Renaissance to look forward to here.

Off to Florida for 2 weeks in September/October and set to play Celebration, Magnolia, Shingle Creek as well as daily play/practice at our resort, which has the Faldo School and 9 hole course, with some of the best practice facilities I've ever used :thumbsup:

greenlex
25-02-2011, 08:15 PM
I am hoping to get my Club Diary this weekend and look at the fixtures. I have the wee yellow book and have been through Golf Central on the SGU site too.
Should have my 2011 schedule together by midweek. Cannae wait.
An added bonus with working shifts is I will be in the position to get some competative golf in during the week after early May too. Loving it. Clubs getting dusted off this coming week I think. :thumbsup:

BroxburnHibee
27-02-2011, 12:21 AM
My games been a bit better in the last few weeks so hopefully I'll carry it into the new season.

Hopefully going to play a few more opens this year - including the Turnhouse one :greengrin

Meant to be playing the Carrick in a few weeks as well.

Pretty Boy
27-02-2011, 08:21 AM
I've played prettty much all through the winter to keep my game ticking over so can't wait for the start of the season, ready to come flying out the traps.

Got a cracking summer of golf planned as well. Going to play a few opens although not decided on which ones yet, waiting on my copy of the yellow book!

Got a trip to Perthshire in May that will involve playing Kenmore, Taymouth Castle, the PGA at Gleneagles and Scotscraig. Heading accross to the west coast in September and playing the 9 holer on Gigha, Machrihanish and Machrianish Dunes, Royal Troon and Lagganmore.

Desperate to get my handicap down, been playing of 2.4 for god knows how long and really want to push on this year and get it to as close to scratch as possible. My games in decent shape and i'm hitting the ball superbly so theres no reason why it shouldn't come down, fingers crossed anyway.

southfieldhibby
28-02-2011, 02:13 PM
I've got a round at the Fairmont St Andrews, Turnberry, Royal Aberdeen, The Carrick and The Renaissance to look forward to here.

Hope it's The Torrance and not the Kittocks at the Fairmont mate, it's much better.And if it's raining the Carrick can be really really boggy.Renaissance is lovely, if a wee bit long and the greens are rather 'tricked up'

Godsahibby
28-02-2011, 02:21 PM
I've managed to get out a few times already this year, re-joined Kingsknowe so getting out when I can. Got my self a set of new irons (Callaway Steelheads) so getting used to hitting them, so far been playing pretty well.

Heading up north this weekend, got games at Dornoch and Brora planned then off to St Andrews (Jubilee) in April.

Sylar
28-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Hope it's The Torrance and not the Kittocks at the Fairmont mate, it's much better.And if it's raining the Carrick can be really really boggy.Renaissance is lovely, if a wee bit long and the greens are rather 'tricked up'

It was the Bunkered offer back at the start of the year, so we have the choice of which one we want to use. Same with the Carrick - I've played it before, but got a voucher to play it last year, so might as well use it.

Never played the Renaissance before, but I'm looking forward to it.

Need to rejoin my own club in the next couple of weeks too, as I've not done that yet.

I'm_cabbaged
06-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Liberton had a non h/cap counting medal yesterday.
Came in with a net 63 (16 h/cap) with two 6's and an 8 :rolleyes: on my card thinking I must be there or there abouts, just had a look and I only finished 28th!! :faf:
I realise that we weren't on the medal tees and I'm not sure what the standard scratch was, but **** me, 28th?

IWasThere2016
15-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Renaissance is class Scott. As are Royal Eberdeen and Turnberry :agree:

Golden Bear
17-03-2011, 09:28 AM
This might be of interest to all you fellow hackers.

http://onlineteetimes.createsend1.com/t/ViewEmail/y/98691806EDB9D466/49268209F8A652A716FB8100885F948E