PDA

View Full Version : 19 Hardy Souls

The Harp Awakes
22-02-2011, 09:06 PM
The number of Hamilton fans at Pittodrie tonight apparently:rolleyes:

Springbank
22-02-2011, 09:10 PM

we can only hope that there's a thread on the Motherwell forum claiming to be the Big Team

actually, compared with only 19 fans, I think a number of pub teams could claim to be a Big Team compared to Hamilton

that is verrrry poor

.Sean.
22-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Laughable. 19 is a pathetic excuse of a support for a side in the SPL, no argument.

Sir David Gray
22-02-2011, 10:01 PM
I know times are hard, it's midweek and Hamilton to Aberdeen is a pretty long way but for just 19 away fans to turn up at an SPL game is shocking. That's probably not even enough to fill a minibus.

However Hamilton struggle to get 2,000 home fans to turn up at New Douglas Park, so it's not much of a surprise that their turnout at away games is pretty bad.

El Gubbz
22-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Unreal, there was more Hamilton staff at the game. Can't blame the fans that don't go

hfc rd
22-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Absolutely crazy! Well maybe some of the Accies fans are starting to lose patience with their team now as they can't seem to get a win from anywhere right now and are starting to maybe accept that the 1st division is where they are going to be playing next season.

Cocaine&Caviar
22-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Official attendance 7,019. So exactly 7000 Aberdeen fans???

Hibbie_Cameron
22-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Just saw a pic on Twitter.

They would be lucky if there is even 19 there

iwasthere1972
22-02-2011, 11:26 PM

Dismal to say the least but hat off to the 19 who made the effort to travel all the way to Aberdeen and back. That's what you call supporters.

The Harp Awakes
22-02-2011, 11:29 PM

Aye. Richard Gordon of Sportsound counted 19 in the away end during the radio commentary.

LancashireHibby
22-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Dismal to say the least but hat off to the 19 who made the effort to travel all the way to Aberdeen and back. That's what you call supporters.

Completely agree. Considering the size of their home support, it's hardly a surprise that they took so few for a trek like that.

Dunbar Hibee
23-02-2011, 12:36 AM
19 :faf: I know I shouldn't laugh, but ffs.

monktonharp
23-02-2011, 12:38 AM
I know times are hard, it's midweek and Hamilton to Aberdeen is a pretty long way but for just 19 away fans to turn up at an SPL game is shocking. That's probably not even enough to fill a minibus.

However Hamilton struggle to get 2,000 home fans to turn up at New Douglas Park, so it's not much of a surprise that their turnout at away games is pretty bad. I passed a bus with the name "photoflash" of carluke,on my way up north today. came back through A/deen /Dundee and saw the same bus. was a 30 seater though:greengrin

Kaiser1962
23-02-2011, 05:38 AM

Spot on. I have nothing but admiration for these folks. They put a lot of other teams "supporters" to shame.

Antifa Hibs
23-02-2011, 06:38 AM
TBF we managed 300 up there a few seasons ago, 300 at Ibrox 5 months ago and can generally find only 500 who can be arsed going to Parkhead :rolleyes:

marinello59
23-02-2011, 06:56 AM

I think Aberdeen should be more embarrassed by that attendance. Where are the famous Aberdeen fans hiding?

Hamish
23-02-2011, 07:00 AM
TBF we managed 300 up there a few seasons ago, 300 at Ibrox 5 months ago and can generally find only 500 who can be arsed going to Parkhead :rolleyes:

:agree: Given their average attendance you can't expect a lot more than that to travel to Aberdeen on a midweek night

Hamish
23-02-2011, 07:03 AM
I think Aberdeen should be more embarrassed by that attendance. Where are the famous Aberdeen fans hiding?

Absolutely. Third biggest team in Scotland they keep telling us. Given they're a one team city they SHOULD be the third best supported team in Scotland

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-02-2011, 08:19 AM

Couldn't agree more. Would be a good touch if the club could recognise that as well.
I wonder if AFC actually lost money on having an end open with only 19 in? They would still need to pay staff for turnstiles and pie shop. Each of the supporters could have been harassed individually by the stewards and police and told to sit down. That would be real personal service.

Wilson
23-02-2011, 08:30 AM

6998 and one great fat one who paid for two seats.

joe breezy
23-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Absolutely. Third biggest team in Scotland they keep telling us. Given they're a one team city they SHOULD be the third best supported team in Scotland

Sadly there's quite a lot of Old Firm fans up there too, even some Hibbies but maybe they should be doing more bargains for kids to get young ones on board.

I was at West Ham the other night and it was just £5 for under 16s.

It took me back and was the first time I've seen so many under 16s at a game for ages - plus they were all going mental.

They were a bit annoying at times but overall it was good to see so many kids getting into watching football and singing all the West Ham songs.

Monktonhall 7
23-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Anyone know a site with average attendances for this season?

HNA8
23-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Anyone know a site with average attendances for this season?

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=home_Statistics

Celtc 48183
Huns 44706
Hertz 14242
Hibs 12081
Sheep 9726
Arabs 7762

everyone else below 6000 (Accies lowest on 3111)

Monktonhall 7
23-02-2011, 08:45 AM

Celtc 48183
Huns 44706
Hertz 14242
Hibs 12081
Sheep 9726
Arabs 7762

What,only 14242 for the Big team. Are you sure? Cant be right. I think it must be more like 42000! :greengrin

McKenzie
23-02-2011, 09:14 AM

Celtc 48183
Huns 44706
Hertz 14242
Hibs 12081
Sheep 9726
Arabs 7762

2000 less than the Big Team and we are in a relegation battle:cgwa

essexhibee
23-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Anyone got a link to a photo of these fans. Shameful.

KeithTheHibby
23-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Diddy team, diddy stadium, diddy support.

Won't be missed when they get relegated.

Removed
23-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Anyone got a link to a photo of these fans. Shameful.

Diddy team, diddy stadium, diddy support.

Won't be missed when they get relegated.

Not being funny or smart, but I take it you both haven't missed a midweek game at Pittoddrie for a while then :dunno:

I wouldn't slag anyone from Hamilton, Motherwell, Paisley or Kilmarnock who supports their "diddy" team. All to easy to jump on the OF bandwagon in those parts of the country never mind in Edinburgh, Aberdeen & Inverness. These guys deserve a round of applause rather than slagging imo.

CropleyWasGod
23-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Not being funny or smart, but I take it you both haven't missed a midweek game at Pittoddrie for a while then :dunno:

I wouldn't slag anyone from Hamilton, Motherwell, Paisley or Kilmarnock who supports their "diddy" team. All to easy to jump on the OF bandwagon in those parts of the country never mind in Edinburgh, Aberdeen & Inverness. These guys deserve a round of applause rather than slagging imo.

Absolutely.

I remember giving my son a wee talk about this a few years ago, when Motherwell came to ER one midweek. I think he got the "respect" message.

*******s took 4 off us that night...

--------
23-02-2011, 11:26 AM

Absolutely.

I remember giving my son a wee talk about this a few years ago, when Motherwell came to ER one midweek. I think he got the "respect" message.

*******s took 4 off us that night...

Exactly. I know guys who watch Airdrie, Albion Rovers, Hamilton or Motherwell week in, week out rather than just sitting in the pub watching the OF with all the other glory-hunters. I get on very well with them. Up to three games ago, there was a distinct possibility that we were going top be joining them in the SFL, and they were making sure I knew it.

And as for taking pleasure in Accies being relegated - there but for the grace of God, guys...

Been there, didn't like it, wouldn't take pleasure in it happening to ANYONE...

...except the OF, the Jambos, and the Sheep.

Peevemor
23-02-2011, 11:29 AM

Exactly. :agree:

One of the things I enjoyed about our 1st division "adventure" was going to away games and having a pint beforehand with fans of Stranraer, Raith Rovers, Morton and the likes.

nonshinyfinish
23-02-2011, 01:11 PM

:agree: Well said.

Baldy Foghorn
23-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Spot on. I have nothing but admiration for these folks. They put a lot of other teams "supporters" to shame.

:agree::agree:

I admire the Hamilton fans who travelled to Aberdeen last night, after the season that they are enduring. Die hards one and all......

At The Edge
23-02-2011, 05:58 PM
not sure who is right on this, but on the Accies forum they state they had 30 up there last night.

My hat is tipped to every one of them, its a long trip, even longer when your team is playing gash.

I'm_cabbaged
23-02-2011, 06:30 PM
6998 and one great fat one who paid for two seats.

That would make it 6999. :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
23-02-2011, 09:05 PM

:top marks

essexhibee
23-02-2011, 10:01 PM

That's a great point mate. I am one to always applaud these guys...got a lot more respect for them than a east coast old firm fan.

When I said shameful I meant in the fact that spl football has got that bad . That low. Your right those guys deserve a pat on the back..true fans!!

essexhibee
23-02-2011, 10:02 PM
And does anyone have a link to this
photo?

sauzee's-socks
23-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Fair play to the 19 that made it but if that's the most they can muster they shouldn't be in the SPL. Absolute joke of a team with their stupid rugby strips and "stadium" in the middle of nowhere. Wonder how Billy Reid rates his decision to knock Swansea back now?

The Harp Awakes
23-02-2011, 10:46 PM
not sure who is right on this, but on the Accies forum they state they had 30 up there last night.

My hat is tipped to every one of them, its a long trip, even longer when your team is playing gash.

Mibby 11 were away for a pie or a slash when they were counted:dunno:

Franck Stanton
23-02-2011, 10:49 PM

Come on, be fair, the supporters tandem had a puncture.

monktonharp
23-02-2011, 11:11 PM

My hat is tipped to every one of them, its a long trip, even longer when your team is playing gash.:agree: