PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Tonight's Games

FromTheCapital
22-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Sorry, If there's already a thread..... Aberdeen 1-0 Hamilton - Maguire (Pen)

sammy7
22-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Blackpool 1 - 0 Spurs Adam (pen)

Twiglet
22-02-2011, 08:23 PM
What was the penalty for? Do Hamilton still have 11 men?

Blackpool just taken the lead with a Charlie Adam penalty. More please Mr Adam, need all the points I can get, the last few weeks have been awful for my team.

Speedy
22-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Could someone please give a summary of what games are on tv tonight? I've lost track and as a result I'm on the internet watching nowt.

Speedy
22-02-2011, 08:27 PM

Blackpool just taken the lead with a Charlie Adam penalty. More please Mr Adam, need all the points I can get, the last few weeks have been awful for my team.

Are you in the hibs.net league? I've had a good week but I seem to be losing all my head to heads. Adam could seal a win for me though.

iwasthere1972
22-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Could someone please give a summary of what games are on tv tonight? I've lost track and as a result I'm on the internet watching nowt.

Hibs are 3-0 against the Yams. Hat-trick for Nishie.

Easter Road is bouncing.:flag:

sammy7
22-02-2011, 08:30 PM

Chelsea on sky sports 2 and Real Madrid on sky sports 4

sammy7
22-02-2011, 08:31 PM

Yes, no one sent off

Twiglet
22-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Are you in the hibs.net league? I've had a good week but I seem to be losing all my head to heads. Adam could seal a win for me though.

Nah, just the Barclays one with some old workmates.

Twiglet
22-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Yes, no one sent off

Probaby a good thing. It's sometimes harder to play against 10.

Craig_in_Prague
22-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Bit of a shock Preston still leading at N. Forest......... Leeds are 2-2 at home to Barnsley and are down to 10 men........

As for the SPL games, kind of want 2 draws :confused:

Craig_in_Prague
22-02-2011, 09:14 PM
3-2 Leeds
1-1 Forest
games i just mentioned :greengrin

Andy74
22-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Probaby a good thing. It's sometimes harder to play against 10.

I'd rather Hamilton won or drew to be honest. Focus should be on catching Aberdeen, St Johnstone and the rest.

Twiglet
22-02-2011, 09:21 PM
I'd rather Hamilton won or drew to be honest. Focus should be on catching Aberdeen, St Johnstone and the rest.

Suppose you're right, they should lose that other game in hand to Rangers.
Hartley's on for Aberdeen now, so still a chance of Hamilton getting a penalty or having a man advantage. Got to say, I'm glad Hartley didn't come to us.

Sylar
22-02-2011, 09:22 PM
FFS - Raith Rovers 1-2 Dundee

Dundee are making a mockery of the SFL - already back up 8th after their 25 point deduction, using the exact same players they went into administration with, with the exception of Griffiths.

If Dundee finish this season in the same division they started having used the same players, despite going into administration, they've made a mockery of the rules of the lower Scottish leagues.

Sir David Gray
22-02-2011, 09:26 PM

:agree: Our win on Sunday has pretty much ended any fear of relegation for us. I don't see Hamilton picking up anything like 11 points between now and the end of the season so any time they come up against the likes of Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Motherwell etc, we should be wanting them to win.

Sylar
22-02-2011, 09:29 PM
:agree: Our win on Sunday has pretty much ended any fear of relegation for us. I don't see Hamilton picking up anything like 11 points between now and the end of the season so any time they come up against the likes of Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Motherwell etc, we should be wanting them to win.

Well, there's 9 points they've picked up already based on your wishes.

Add to that catching us on a bad day (we'd be mad to think they're completely behind us) or indeed St Mirren, and 11 points suddenly looks quite feasible.

Sunday was a good step, but if Hamilton losing to sides around us can give us a little bit more breathing space in the coming weeks and secure our SPL side (which looked very uncertain just a few weeks ago), then I'm all for it.

lapsedhibee
22-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Hope we can get him back at some point.

Twiglet
22-02-2011, 09:36 PM

Just been looking at their fixtures over the next few weeks, they still have Rangers x 2 and Celtic so no points there (theoretically).
Would rather Hamilton go down than St Mirren (friend's a Saints fan), but anything to help us climb up would be good.

Sir David Gray
22-02-2011, 09:37 PM

Add to that catching us on a bad day (we'd be mad to think they're completely behind us) or indeed St Mirren, and 11 points suddenly looks quite feasible.

Sunday was a good step, but if Hamilton losing to sides around us can give us a little bit more breathing space in the coming weeks and secure our SPL side (which looked very uncertain just a few weeks ago), then I'm all for it.

Yes but those 9 points could coincide with us also winning, therefore the gap remains at 11 points. They have to pick up 11 points more than we do between now and the split for them to be above us and that won't happen IMO.

Before the split, they have to play Dundee Utd twice and St Johnstone and in those three games, I will be wanting Hamilton to win. Especially if we win at Hamilton next Tuesday and potentially stretch the gap to 14 points.

Andy74
22-02-2011, 09:38 PM

So we won't win another game?

Newhaven
22-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Seasiders 3 Spurs 0 :thumbsup:

Sylar
22-02-2011, 09:59 PM
So we won't win another game?

Did I say that? We might go on another streak of not winning, we might win every game between now and the end of the season, but either way, I'm certainly not going to rush into willing those nearest us in the relegation fight to start picking up wins and ensuring we can't slip up.

Hibs

ICT (H)
Hamilton (A)
St Johnstone (A)
Celtic (A)
Hearts (H)
Aberdeen (A)
Hamilton (H)

Hamilton

Dundee United (H)
Hibs (H)
Celtic (A)
Dundee United (A)
St Johnston (H)
St Mirren (A)
Rangers (H)
Hibs (A)

St Mirren

Motherwell (A)
Rangers (H)
Hearts (A)
Hamilton (H)
Aberdeen (H)
Celtic (A)

Our fate is helped by the fact that we need to play Hamilton twice between now and the split - win those 2 games, and we should be fine, but we have some very hard games coming up.

If we can get a few more wins under out belt, I personally don't care WHAT Hamilton do, but I don't will them to win any games, as I'm still not confident we're 100% out of the woods.

Iggy Pope
22-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Did I say that? We might go on another streak of not winning, we might win every game between now and the end of the season, but either way, I'm certainly not going to rush into willing those nearest us in the relegation fight to start picking up wins and ensuring we can't slip up.

Hibs

ICT (H)
Hamilton (A)
St Johnstone (A)
Celtic (A)
Hearts (H)
Aberdeen (A)
Hamilton (H)

Hamilton

Dundee United (H)
Hibs (H)
Celtic (A)
Dundee United (A)
St Johnston (H)
St Mirren (A)
Rangers (H)
Hibs (A)

St Mirren

Motherwell (A)
Rangers (H)
Hearts (A)
Hamilton (H)
Aberdeen (H)
Celtic (A)

Our fate is helped by the fact that we need to play Hamilton twice between now and the split - win those 2 games, and we should be fine, but we have some very hard games coming up.

If we can get a few more wins under out belt, I personally don't care WHAT Hamilton do, but I don't will them to win any games, as I'm still not confident we're 100% out of the woods.

Something not right in all of this - Saints have a game in hand.

Sylar
22-02-2011, 10:15 PM

That's based on the BBC fixtures, so accuracy not guaranteed...

Sir David Gray
22-02-2011, 10:20 PM

One of their pre-split games has yet to be scheduled but TSSF does miss out their game at Kilmarnock that comes between the games against Motherwell and Rangers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/st_mirren/fixtures/default.stm

Sylar
22-02-2011, 10:48 PM
One of their pre-split games has yet to be scheduled but TSSF does miss out their game at Kilmarnock that comes between the games against Motherwell and Rangers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/st_mirren/fixtures/default.stm

That doesn't sound like me :na na:

Dunbar Hibee
22-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Seasiders 3 Spurs 0 :thumbsup:

Good win for Dunbar :wink::greengrin

NOLA
23-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Mighty Marseille take on the manky mancs in what should be a close 1st leg game, both sides missing some players, so im going for a 1- 1 draw:sauzee:

iwasthere1972
23-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Mighty Marseille take on the manky mancs in what should be a close 1st leg game, both sides missing some players, so im going for a 1- 1 draw:sauzee:

Maybe you should let this "old" thread die and start a new one. :wink:

Sylar
23-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Nani is such an odious little cheat! Very few other players I'd love to see on the receiving end of a horribly viscous challenge.

Mabia and Nani bump into one another, with Mabia's hand bumping Nani's chest, and he goes down rolling, grabbing his face.

Undoubted talent, but a cheat of the highest order.

Wotherspiniesta
23-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Nani is such an odious little cheat! Very few other players I'd love to see on the receiving end of a horribly viscous challenge.

Mabia and Nani bump into one another, with Mabia's hand bumping Nani's chest, and he goes down rolling, grabbing his face.

Some people just see what they want to see. You seen on the replay he got slapped in the face!

Don't let that get in the way of having a pop at Nani every time United are on the TV though :aok:

blackpoolhibs
23-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Some people just see what they want to see. You seen on the replay he got slapped in the face!

Don't let that get in the way of having a pop at Nani every time United are on the TV though :aok:

Yes his hand brushed his face, although the way he went down you'd have thought he was on the receiving end of a punch from Mike Tyson. Do you think the contact was enough to make him roll round the ground like he did?

I'd love to see some of these phannies play rugby or even netball.:faf:

Sylar
23-02-2011, 08:19 PM

I have a pop at him because he's a cheat, not because of who he plays for.

As I said, the guy has undoubted talent to be a superb player, but he ruins it. The top of the defenders hand brushed his chin and he went down grasping his face and screaming.

He's had a good game otherwise, but dear God you're deluded if you think he took a hit worthy of his reaction.

Wotherspiniesta
23-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Yes his hand brushed his face, although the way he went down you'd have thought he was on the receiving end of a punch from Mike Tyson. Do you think the contact was enough to make him roll round the ground like he did?

I'd love to see some of these phannies play rugby or even netball.:faf:

No. Nani does that though. However, he was clearly caught in the face and making the most of contact is part of modern day football.

Not much difference between Nani getting caught there and Riordan getting caught by the Killie boy for the penalty last week. Is Riordan a vile, odious cheat? :confused:

Sylar
23-02-2011, 08:21 PM
No. Nani does that though. However, he was clearly caught in the face and making the most of contact is part of modern day football.

Not much difference between Nani getting caught there and Riordan getting caught by the Killie boy for the penalty last week. Is Riordan a vile, odious cheat? :confused:

If it was a Hearts/Man City player doing that against Hibs, resulting in a penalty/red card, would you be so "understanding"?

It's cheating, plain and simple.

Wotherspiniesta
23-02-2011, 08:21 PM
I have a pop at him because he's a cheat, not because of who he plays for.

As I said, the guy has undoubted talent to be a superb player, but he ruins it. The top of the defenders hand brushed his chin and he went down grasping his face and screaming.

He's had a good game otherwise, but dear God you're deluded if you think he took a hit worthy of his reaction.

But you said he caught him in the chest? :confused:

Sylar
23-02-2011, 08:22 PM
But you said he caught him in the chest? :confused:

99.9% of his hand did catch him in the chest.

He really must be a f***ing marshmallow if that was enough to floor him.

SteveHFC
23-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Come On Marseille

Wotherspiniesta
23-02-2011, 08:25 PM
99.9% of his hand did catch him in the chest.

He really must be a f***ing marshmallow if that was enough to floor him.

Keep changing your story. Next he will have brushed his strip with his fingernail.

If a player feels contact, he's going down. Was Riordan cheating against Killie the other week?

Sylar
23-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Keep changing your story. Next he will have brushed his strip with his fingernail.

If a player feels contact, he's going down. Was Riordan cheating against Killie the other week?

Sounds about right - that's all it takes for that little scrote to go down.

That doesn't make it right though, does it? It's cheating, irrespective. I can't tell from the Riordan incident, as the camera doesn't have the same angle as the one tonight (on the BBC anyway).

The main difference between you and FalkirkHibee is that he can see when your lot cheat :wink:

HibeeSince85
23-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Sounds about right - that's all it takes for that little scrote to go down.

That doesn't make it right though, does it? It's cheating, irrespective. I can't tell from the Riordan incident, as the camera doesn't have the same angle as the one tonight (on the BBC anyway).

The main difference between you and FalkirkHibee is that he can see when your lot cheat :wink:

Tell me one professional club that doesn't have a player who goes down easy?

Does everyone cheat?

Sylar
23-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Tell me one professional club that doesn't have a player who goes down easy?

Does everyone cheat?

That doesn't make it right though!

blackpoolhibs
23-02-2011, 08:39 PM

I never said Riordan or Nani was an odious cheat, :confused: and from my position in the stand i did not think it was a foul against Riordan. Yet when seeing it again on the telly, it was clear to me he took a sore one. Nani did not, so if we are talking about these two incidents together, then yes Nani is the odious cheat, and Riordan is not.

HibeeSince85
23-02-2011, 08:41 PM

I never said it did but if your going to aim it at Man U and Nani then can we expect the same for others?

blackpoolhibs
23-02-2011, 08:41 PM

Can you imagine Nanis's reaction if Gattuso had put one on him? He'd probably never play again, and retire injured. :faf: He's a phannie of the highest order.

Sylar
23-02-2011, 08:43 PM
I never said it did but if your going to aim it at Man U and Nani then can we expect the same for others?

I'm only aiming it at him because I happen to be watching the game :greengrin

I'm pretty sure I lambasted Messi for going down easily against Arsenal last week, and he's the best player on the planet in my eyes.

I hate cheats, irrespective of who they play for. It was part of the reason I started the thread the other week, asking if football is the only sport where players can still get away with cheating on such a frequent basis.

silverhibee
23-02-2011, 08:48 PM

How many times, he is just a naughty boy. :greengrin

Nani is a wee drama queen at times, but he has been good tonight, as has been Smalling at the back for Man U.

HibeeSince85
23-02-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm only aiming it at him because I happen to be watching the game :greengrin

I'm pretty sure I lambasted Messi for going down easily against Arsenal last week, and he's the best player on the planet in my eyes.

I hate cheats, irrespective of who they play for. It was part of the reason I started the thread the other week, asking if football is the only sport where players can still get away with cheating on such a frequent basis.

I never seen your thread last week but you were calling Messi an odious cheat?

For what its worth I think they should all stop this play-acting but it's all over football now.

HibeeSince85
23-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Vidic TSSF?

Thoughts? :greengrin:

Wotherspiniesta
23-02-2011, 08:53 PM
This is what happens when you get someone who claims to be impartial but is clearly talking out their arse.

TSSF apparently "lambasts" Messi for going down easily (which by the way, if you could link me to you slating your goldenboy, I'd love to get a ganders) and yet Nani goes down easy and its hell, fire and brimstone. Burn the witch, he's odious, he's a cheat and you want to see him on the end of a vicious tackle.

Impartial, my posterior!

3pm
23-02-2011, 09:03 PM
'Fanni, poked back by Rooney'. Good to see it's not just The News of the World that have it in for him.

FranckSuzy
23-02-2011, 09:03 PM
:hijack: Any scores from the other games? :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
23-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Look at these Marseille players diving about.

Odious cheats, hope they get snapped! :wink:

Cropley10
23-02-2011, 09:07 PM
United look poor. What a great shame.

HibeeSince85
23-02-2011, 09:13 PM

2 leg tie, Utd will go through comfortably.

Jim44
23-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Motherwell 0-1 St Mirren

Titch
23-02-2011, 09:31 PM
well 0 vs 1 st mirren higdon

lyonhibs
23-02-2011, 09:32 PM

This game has been pish.

Sylar
23-02-2011, 09:35 PM
This game has been pish.

Evident by the fact that most of this thread has been about Nani's "dive" :greengrin :devil:

Man Utd will win quite comfortably at OT and progress I'd imagine :agree:

Wotherspiniesta - I love you :thumbsup:

Moulin Yarns
23-02-2011, 09:38 PM
well 0 vs 1 st mirren higdon

Motherwell 9 points ahead of us, in 5th, with 7 games to play before the split. If we can keep up the good work in February through March we might just get that top 6 place. :thumbsup:

Wotherspiniesta
23-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Evident by the fact that most of this thread has been about Nani's "dive" :greengrin :devil:

Man Utd will win quite comfortably at OT and progress I'd imagine :agree:

Wotherspiniesta - I love you :thumbsup:

Shut up you odious cheat! :na na:

Bring on the next match update thread :thumbsup:

The Harp Awakes
23-02-2011, 09:40 PM
This game has been pish.

Don't have an English team but find Man U and Chelsea boring teams to watch particularly in the Champions League. Sparta Prague v Liverpool last week was equally boring.

Can't wait to see Barca v Arsenal again though, great football to watch from 2 quality teams.

Wotherspiniesta
23-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Motherwell 9 points ahead of us, in 5th, with 7 games to play before the split. If we can keep up the good work in February through March we might just get that top 6 place. :thumbsup:

Fingers crossed. Today was piece one of the top 6 jigsaw :aok:

Iggy Pope
23-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Just seen the goal on SSN....'Well pay the price for their heap of a pitch.

The Harp Awakes
23-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Fingers crossed. Today was piece one of the top 6 jigsaw :aok:

Yes and Hamilton looking inreasingly isolated at the foot of the table.

RoYO!
23-02-2011, 10:38 PM

And we have a game in hand :devil:

HibbyAndy
23-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Just seen the goal on SSN....'Well pay the price for their heap of a pitch.

:agree:

Nae luck, Pitch is once again like it wouldnt look out of place on a rugby field.

essexhibee
23-02-2011, 11:10 PM
:agree:

Nae luck, Pitch is once again like it wouldnt look out of place on a rugby field.

time to invest in a 3g pitch? People complain but surely its better than that "pitch"?!

lapsedhibee
24-02-2011, 11:06 AM

Shirley it's not Nani's fault - it'll be written in to his contract that he has to carry on like this, as part of his club's attempt to mollify those fans smarting over Ronaldo's departure. "Listen son, you're no as good as Ronaldo, but if you can do all that ridiculous falling over that he did, the fans'll mibbe no notice too much eh a difference. Sign here."