PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hanlon - vice-captain

Diclonius
22-02-2011, 03:12 PM
I assume that as he wore the armband on Sunday, Paul is now our vice-captain?

HenryMonk
22-02-2011, 03:56 PM
I assume that as he wore the armband on Sunday, Paul is now our vice-captain?

You could

bob12345
22-02-2011, 04:05 PM
A good choice IMO, very young but has all the makings of a good captain, so why not groom him now. Couldn't think of anyone more deserved in terms of showing consistency and leadership qualities on the park over the last twelve months.

essexhibee
22-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Who is the official club captain now hoggy has left?

Future17
22-02-2011, 05:05 PM
I assume Murray is now club captain?

I really like Hanlon and would say he's been our POTS so far, but not sure the captaincy is what he needs. I'd prefer to let him concentrate on his game as he is going to be a cracking player if he's allowed to develop at the right pace.

ancienthibby
22-02-2011, 05:14 PM
I assume Murray is now club captain?

I really like Hanlon and would say he's been our POTS so far, but not sure the captaincy is what he needs. I'd prefer to let him concentrate on his game as he is going to be a cracking player if he's allowed to develop at the right pace.

Is he not already??

I think CC will still be pretty cagey about all of this!

Especially given that he has already given the captaincy to Deeks.

If Deeks does not sign a new contract then PH will be first choice for captain, or, given good performances, that could also be IcelandicVic or Martinnot/butjimmyScott??

What is clear above all else, is that CC is his own man!!

On ye go, CC!!:thumbsup:

The Falcon
22-02-2011, 06:52 PM
What is clear above all else, is that CC is his own man!!

On ye go, CC!!:thumbsup:

Shurely not? What about all the concrete evidence produced on this board that he only does what Petrie tells him to do and signs and picks who Petrie tells him to sign and pick? The man is a pussy, apparently, incapable of independent thought?

:devil:

ancienthibby
22-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Shurely not? What about all the concrete evidence produced on this board that he only does what Petrie tells him to do and signs and picks who Petrie tells him to sign and pick? The man is a pussy, apparently, incapable of independent thought?

:devil:

That'll be you poking your head out from under the HFC Boardroom table again!:greengrin

What's wrong - is RP being stingy with your daily bread rations again!!:devil:

CC is going braw, just braw!!:agree:

The Falcon
22-02-2011, 06:59 PM
That'll be you poking your head out from under the HFC Boardroom table again!:greengrin

What's wrong - is RP being stingy with your daily bread rations again!!:devil:

CC is going braw, just braw!!:agree:

Quiet, efficient and measured. No sense of panic and just gets on with the job.

ancienthibby
22-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Quiet, efficient and measured. No sense of panic and just gets on with the job.

Thanks for that personal compliment!!:greengrin

The Falcon
22-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Thanks for that personal compliment!!:greengrin

CC's doing ok as well.........................:greengrin

PeterboroHibee
22-02-2011, 07:14 PM
He seems to take the responsibility of the captaincy well, but given his age, he probably would be better concentrating purely on his game. He should definitely be vice captain though (assuming Murray is captain), its not much but its a little bit extra reward, must be a good boost for a young player.

hfc rd
22-02-2011, 10:14 PM
I think at the moment Ian Murray is captain and Paul Hanlon is vice-captain. But I think Calderwood might address this issue in the summer on who is going to be vice-captain for next season as I think Ian Murray is our 1st choice captain but there have been so many vice-captains this season that CC will be thinking on who rightly deserves to be vice-captain.

Future17
25-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Calderwood says captaincy is still up for grabs.

http://www.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-captain39s-role-up-for.6724346.jp

Perspective
25-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Think he's a great prospect and would have said previously that the captaincy would be an unnecessary burden on his shoulders.

But he's really come to the fore as the team struggled and is far more aggressive now than he was. I think he's shown he's made of the right stuff and I have no problem with him being our figurehead.