View Full Version : hibs 19`s win again today

berwickhibee
22-02-2011, 02:22 PM
4-1 at east mains against inverness:thumbsup:

Golden Bear
22-02-2011, 03:04 PM
4-1 at east mains against inverness:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

The same score on Saturday will be very acceptable.

BEEJ
22-02-2011, 04:11 PM
:flag::flag:

Excellent news!

archiebald
22-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Yip it was 4-1 very good 1st half & poor 2nd
Horribine looks good when he is intrested and the no5.Lad with yellow boots and ginger laddie also looked very good.

ancienthibby
22-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Just where is O'Connor's Strip when you need her???

Hope she did not miss the bus out!:greengrin

Love you girl for all your wonderful, and much appreciated, reports on the young guns!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

BEEJ
22-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Scorers - Handling (2), Crawford and Caldwell

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110222/danny-hands-u19s-victory_2262950_2299754

Mikey
22-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Yip it was 4-1 very good 1st half & poor 2nd
Horribine looks good when he is intrested and the no5,lad with yellow boots and ginger laddie

The No.5 has yellow boots and a ginger laddie?

Where does he keep him? On a lead? If he's a ginger he'd be better keeping him in a box!

ancienthibby
22-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Scorers - Handling (2), Crawford and Caldwell

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110222/danny-hands-u19s-victory_2262950_2299754

Thanks, BEEJ - Good stuff!

I check the website and find that the u-19 League Table has not been updated since October 2010!!

Diabolical!!

Removed
22-02-2011, 06:00 PM

I check the website and find that the u-19 League Table has not been updated since October 2010!!

Diabolical!!

:agree:

Bring back that Fairnie bloke who used to do it till the club bowed to fan pressure :grr:

Barney McGrew
22-02-2011, 06:01 PM

Diabolical!!

Table to the 19th February

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s60

ancienthibby
22-02-2011, 06:21 PM

Thanks Barney, so the fully updated table puts us two places above what's shown!!:thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
22-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Just where is O'Connor's Strip when you need her???

Hope she did not miss the bus out!:greengrin

Love you girl for all your wonderful, and much appreciated, reports on the young guns!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I sadly missed todays game as I was working :(

I'm glad some people appreciate the effort I go to at times to make people aware of the goings on with the lads. It seems the club only like to promote them when they are doing well!! And even at that the standard and consistency of keeping us updated is shocking.

Brooster
22-02-2011, 07:53 PM
I also missed this due to work, good win, they are getting stronger and better as the season goes on. They will take some beating next year as most are only 17. Foster could be the number 5, big centre half signed from celtic great in the air and only 16 or just turned 17. Lancaster could be the ginger guy, left back, great engine and good on the ball, he could be another north east laddie going by his accent.I

fat freddy
22-02-2011, 08:05 PM
How's Verth progressing?

he's verth keeping an eye on..

DC_Hibs
22-02-2011, 08:39 PM

Thanks again as their fixture page shows theres a home game the day before the derby when I am home so would be good to get along to see that. http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s41

Hibs Official site fixture list for 19's is a joke.

Brooster
23-02-2011, 11:11 AM
How's Verth progressing?

He is looking good, played very well against Falkirk last week in the cup. He plays to left of a centre half partnership with Foster. Solid in the challenge and attacks the ball well, his distribuition is good and always keeps it simple never losing possession. communicates very well with team mates. If he keeps improving he has every chance of making it.

KWJ
23-02-2011, 11:44 AM
See guys like Garry O'Connor, Lewis Stevenosn, Kenny Miller, Riordan and to a lesser extent Jamie McCluskey who broke into the first team when they were around 16-17 were they head and shoulders above everyone else at U19 level at the time and that's why they were promoted?

Is there a great difference between our golden generation when they were in the youth teams and promoted early compare to our all conquering youth team which so far has only really led to Wotherspoon and now Booth coming into the team.

Sorry, not wording this very well at the moment. Rough!

hibs0666
23-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Is there a great difference between our golden generation when they were in the youth teams and promoted early compare to our all conquering youth team which so far has only really led to Wotherspoon and now Booth coming into the team.

Everyone seems to forget that Hanlon was also part of that group. To get three laddies from one age group into the first time is nothing short of phenomenal. Add in Galbraith and the it's clear that Hibs remains a great place to be for good young laddies.

:flag:

The Hibee Harp
23-02-2011, 01:04 PM
I sadly missed todays game as I was working :(

I'm glad some people appreciate the effort I go to at times to make people aware of the goings on with the lads. It seems the club only like to promote them when they are doing well!! And even at that the standard and consistency of keeping us updated is shocking.

Just out of curiosity what more do you think the club should be providing on the U19 side that they currently don't (up-to-date league table excluded as it has already been mentioned)?

I don't think they do too badly with coverage given every game has a report and comments from a coach, highlights from some games are on Hibernian TV, there are semi-regular features just before games and they are covered in the match programme too.

Most seasons (although not just now) the U19s are the club's third team behind the reserves and imo most supporters don't want to read feature upon feature about the second or third string. This is especially the case if the first team is not doing well as the club then get accused of promoting the youth side to hide the failings of the seniors.