PDA

View Full Version : NHC How Much Longer Until They Are Dealt With Properly? (Old Firm - The enduring disgrace

Greentinted
21-02-2011, 06:11 PM
I don't have the answers but the questions remain unanswered. This double headed grotesque needs the guillotine, but who is brave enough to pull the lever.

They peddle their filth, they shame our country, they continue unabated. Time to tether the beast no?

OLD FIRM Shame (again...) (http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/229943-old-firm-fallout-described-as-a-nightmare-by-police/)

Phil D. Rolls
21-02-2011, 06:14 PM
I would say between forty and fifteen years.

Horse
21-02-2011, 06:21 PM
The authorities will never seriously punish that bigot brothers for their sub human behaviour - Sectarian tourism for the OF is far to lucrative unfortunately.

Antifa Hibs
21-02-2011, 06:32 PM
How can you punish Rangers and Celtic for whats happening in Glasgow city centre hours after full-time, by people who most probably weren't at the game.

A large, fitba mad, divided city, chuck that in with Scotlands drink problem and this is what you get...

Horse
21-02-2011, 06:35 PM
How can you punish Rangers and Celtic for whats happening in Glasgow city centre hours after full-time, by people who most probably weren't at the game.

A large, fitba mad, divided city, chuck that in with Scotlands drink problem and this is what you get...

Aye, but you could punish them for the sectarian behaviour displayed by their fans inside SPL grounds. It will never happen though.

Hamish
21-02-2011, 06:37 PM
I would say between forty and fifteen years.

or 16 and 90 years

Cabbage East
21-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Hang them all :rolleyes:

Killiehibbie
21-02-2011, 07:06 PM
3 times the number of domestic violence cases compared to a normal Sunday? What they don't tell you is how many cases there are on a normal Saturday. Inability to handle drink more to blame than anything else. I watched normally half decent guys in a bit of a state yesterday afternoon after they topped up from the night before.

ScottB
21-02-2011, 08:11 PM
3 times the number of domestic violence cases compared to a normal Sunday? What they don't tell you is how many cases there are on a normal Saturday. Inability to handle drink more to blame than anything else. I watched normally half decent guys in a bit of a state yesterday afternoon after they topped up from the night before.

It's a little simplistic to just blame drink. Most of us can take a drink without battering the first loved one we come across.

Keith_M
21-02-2011, 08:24 PM
1) You'll never dissuade these people by reason that it's unnacceptable to sing the kind of songs they sing. There's even some people on here that are beyond persuading, and support the right of the OF fans to sing what they like (just watch, they'll pop-up soon enough, or maybe have already).

2) The scottish football authorities will never punish the OF for this. They will always turn a blind eye because of vested interests.

So, the answer is, never.

jakedance
21-02-2011, 08:25 PM
The authorities will never seriously punish that bigot brothers for their sub human behaviour - Sectarian tourism for the OF is far to lucrative unfortunately.

Isnt describing someone as "sub human" a bit bigoted?

Horse
21-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Isnt describing someone as "sub human" a bit bigoted?

Not when the people you are describing are sub-human. It is simply descriptive!http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/winky.gif

Antifa Hibs
21-02-2011, 08:43 PM
1) You'll never dissuade these people by reason that it's unnacceptable to sing the kind of songs they sing. There's even some people on here that are beyond persuading, and support the right of the OF fans to sing what they like (just watch, they'll pop-up soon enough, or maybe have already).

2) The scottish football authorities will never punish the OF for this. They will always turn a blind eye because of vested interests.

So, the answer is, never.

What punishment would you give them and why?

They can't be punished. Waving UJ, Irish flags, Israel and Palestine flags isn't an offence. Singing the anthems of Ireland and Britian isn't an offence, singing other 'Nationalist songs', the sash, let the people sing, boys of the old brigade, rule britania etc etc isn't an offence. How can you punish them..?

Killiehibbie
21-02-2011, 08:44 PM
It's a little simplistic to just blame drink. Most of us can take a drink without battering the first loved one we come across. Maybe so but it certainly makes the situation many times worse.

snooky
21-02-2011, 09:14 PM
No wonder the W-polis love lifting our fans.
Like shooting fish in a bucket compared to OF derbies and their aftermaths.

stoneyburn hibs
21-02-2011, 09:17 PM
And they still live in hope of playing in the EPL, :hmmm:, these latest arrests and all their other baggage, wouldnae get them an invite to any league in the world, nothing but pondlife.

francobaresi
21-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Poor old pondlife, no need to drag them into the gutter:wink:

IberianHibernian
21-02-2011, 09:55 PM
In the early 2000s when we got to lots of cup semis and finals , there were always loads of comments here about the poisonous atmosphere among our own drunken fans . Every time we play at Tynecastle folk are trying to find a pub which opens even at 9 am . Until this sort of attitude changes , all big matches will lead to lots of drink -related problems. Fans complain about early kickoffs and TV but early kickoffs in Scotland and England were first requested by police before Sky TV existed to reduce pre match drinking . For OF matches , closing pubs on matchdays in Glasgow won`t achieve much since there`s trouble all over Scotland and beyond . Maybe no live TV coverage would help by reducing all day boozing which starts in pubs at matchtime. Time for complete ban on booze ads on strips too .

iwasthere1972
21-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Is that not just normal for Glasgow at the weekend? Roll on the cup replay and leave them to knock ten bells out of each other. :take that

MrSmith
22-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Maybe so but it certainly makes the situation many times worse.

Absolutely right! I work in Glasgow coming into regular contact with support groups and agencies. The Police have stated that after an old firm game violent, anti-social and domestic abuse rises significantly. They also believe that reducing from 4 games to 2 games would help dramatically.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-02-2011, 03:03 PM
I was going to suggest docking them points but then that would let that stinking dirty lousy manky mob of inbreeds in the back door

:furious:

Keith_M
22-02-2011, 03:18 PM
In the early 2000s when we got to lots of cup semis and finals , there were always loads of comments here about the poisonous atmosphere among our own drunken fans . Every time we play at Tynecastle folk are trying to find a pub which opens even at 9 am . Until this sort of attitude changes , all big matches will lead to lots of drink -related problems. Fans complain about early kickoffs and TV but early kickoffs in Scotland and England were first requested by police before Sky TV existed to reduce pre match drinking . For OF matches , closing pubs on matchdays in Glasgow won`t achieve much since there`s trouble all over Scotland and beyond . Maybe no live TV coverage would help by reducing all day boozing which starts in pubs at matchtime. Time for complete ban on booze ads on strips too .

I'm not sure about the extent of the bans you're proposing but I agree about the behaviour of some fans.

I've seen a lot of people at big matches get totally out of their minds on drink before these games and it's not been pleasant, to say the least.