PDA

View Full Version : Who wrote Hibs Heroes?

Mili Tant
21-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Can anyone tell me who wrote Hibs Heroes (Hibee Hibernian)? I know it was sung by that Jambo Colin Chisholm but want to know who actually wrote the song.

legends of 73
21-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Can anyone tell me who wrote Hibs Heroes (Hibee Hibernian)? I know it was sung by that Jambo Colin Chisholm but want to know who actually wrote the song.

he wrote it as well picked him up in the :taxi last year and was talking about it even though he was a jambo he enjoyed doing the song

Wembley67
21-02-2011, 03:27 PM
I thought it was Hector nicol?

steakbake
21-02-2011, 03:28 PM

The Kiltmaker?

Hibs Class
21-02-2011, 06:03 PM

Thought he sang GGTTH?

Hibs Class
21-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Thought he sang GGTTH?

(& wrote it too?)

Riordans Boots
21-02-2011, 06:09 PM

Brian Spence -

http://www.spencemusic.co.uk/OtherArtists/lyrics/hibsheroes.html

Riordans Boots
21-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Thought he sang GGTTH?

(& wrote it too?)

:agree:

He also wrote the Hertz song :lips seal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hector_Nicol

basehibby
21-02-2011, 07:49 PM

WHIT???? :sick:

I always thought it was sheight really (no really)

mouvran
21-02-2011, 07:53 PM
best song on that hibs album is Persistalsis Brothers - Cabbage and Ribs. Would love if it got played at ER

Mango Man
22-02-2011, 02:55 AM
Brian Spence -

http://www.spencemusic.co.uk/OtherArtists/lyrics/hibsheroes.html

I know Brian and Colin well, fantastic musicians and great guys. Brian even had one of his songs covered by Dusty Springfield.

Colin, sadly is a jambo, but jesus christ, what a voice.

Hibercelona
22-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Why did a Jambo sing a Hibs song anyway? :confused:

Surely there must be 1 or 2 hibees out there with decent voices..... assuming their voice boxes haven't been destroyed through being to too many Hibs games. :greengrin

Keith_M
22-02-2011, 01:34 PM

Surely there must be 1 or 2 hibees out there with decent voices..... assuming their voice boxes haven't been destroyed through being to too many Hibs games. :greengrin

Couldn't find any hibbies that could manage all the way through without booing somebody.

:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
22-02-2011, 01:35 PM

Why wouldn't he? Sometimes, young grasshopper, the great god Cost of Living comes down and smites us.

Take our own Hector Nicol, for example, I mean the Hearts' own, no wait, Dundee's own.... He was actually a Buddie.

Hibercelona
22-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Couldn't find any hibbies that could manage all the way through without booing somebody.

Hibercelona
22-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Why wouldn't he? Sometimes, young grasshopper, the great god Cost of Living comes down and smites us.

Take our own Hector Nicol, for example, I mean the Hearts' own, no wait, Dundee's own.... He was actually a Buddie.

I already know this. I just find it a little strange that we sing along to songs that were sung by fans of other teams.

Surely having a fan of your own team singing for your club is better than having somebody that follows another team who just happens to have a high reputation for singing.

CropleyWasGod
22-02-2011, 01:51 PM
I already know this. I just find it a little strange that we sing along to songs that were sung by fans of other teams.

Surely having a fan of your own team singing for your club is better than having somebody that follows another team who just happens to have a high reputation for singing.

If everyone did this, there would be precious little to sing, since most football songs are plagiarised from somebody else.

Hibercelona
22-02-2011, 01:56 PM
If everyone did this, there would be precious little to sing, since most football songs are plagiarised from somebody else.

True. But when I was younger I used to love singing to Hibs songs because I assumed that they were sang by true Hibs fans, singing about how they really felt about the club.

But as I got older and realized that this wasn't the case for some of our songs, I have to admit to feeling a little disappointed.

The songs just don't have the same feeling behind them when you know they weren't sang by your own.

Perhaps it doesn't bother other fans as much as it bothers me.

Dashing Bob S
23-02-2011, 03:13 PM
best song on that hibs album is Persistalsis Brothers - Cabbage and Ribs. Would love if it got played at ER

Agreed. Some killer lines juxtaposing Hibs and food.

Cabbage and ribs is what we want
At Paddy Stanton's restaurant
We eat Jam tarts for breakfast its the dish of the day
Easter Road on a Saturday.

mouvran
23-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Agreed. Some killer lines juxtaposing Hibs and food.

Cabbage and ribs is what we want
At Paddy Stanton's restaurant
We eat Jam tarts for breakfast its the dish of the day
Easter Road on a Saturday.

I believe its Feast of goals at Easter Road on Saturday, which is even more sublime

Billy
27-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Am I correct in saying that this is the same Colin Chisholm who has just gotten through on the BBC programme, The Voice :confused:

Hiber-nation
27-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Am I correct in saying that this is the same Colin Chisholm who has just gotten through on the BBC programme, The Voice :confused:

Yep that's him!

Billy
27-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Yep that's him!

Cheers, thought is was :aok:

jst1875
27-04-2013, 10:42 PM

He just walked into luckies with his entourage ... Had one one drink and left .......... His parting words. Jambos rule ......... ****** tosser

Steve-O
27-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Pretty funny to be honest - he should've sang Hibs Heroes on the show! Mibbe saving it for the final.

hibby rae
28-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Considering we have arguably the greatest football song ever sung by a couple of highly successful Hibby brothers from Fife; I wouldn't worry too much about the followings of Colin Chisholm. The Voice? That shows how credible ( or desperate) an artist he is.

Ants
28-04-2013, 09:29 AM
He just walked into luckies with his entourage ... Had one one drink and left .......... His parting words. Jambos rule ......... ****** tosser

Luckies is his local and I believe its quite a Jambo's pub, but there are a good few Hibbys who drink in there.
He still does the singing circuit and his daughter is also meant to be a good singer.

H18sry
28-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Luckies is his local and I believe its quite a Jambo's pub, but there are a good few Hibbys who drink in there.
He still does the singing circuit and his daughter is also meant to be a good singer.

No s*** Sherlock :wink: Any way well done Colin ya yam fud :aok:

Iggy Pope
28-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Yep that's him!

Really?

If this is the same Colin Chisolm that I am thinking of he must be 60 if he is a day.
Taking him some time to get up that next rung as he's been playing the Bowling Club circuit since hitting the post with those craply-named powerpoppers Bilbo Baggins in the early-mid 1970s......

Hiber-nation
28-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Really?

If this is the same Colin Chisolm that I am thinking of he must be 60 if he is a day.
Taking him some time to get up that next rung as he's been playing the Bowling Club circuit since hitting the post with those craply-named powerpoppers Bilbo Baggins in the early-mid 1970s......

He is 60, so I heard on that godawful programme last night.

Iggy Pope
28-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Same bloke then.
Came from the Canongate.

Brizo
28-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Same bloke then.
Came from the Canongate.

Canongate and St Pats primary afaik. Double turncoat :greengrin.

fat freddy
28-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Really?

i've still got a bilbo baggins single...a minor hit from around 1979, 'she's gonna win'....the band used to rehearse in a hotel in lasswade...i could listen to them from my bedroom in an adjoining cottage....i never knew the connection to the hibs song so thanks for the info.

Iggy Pope
28-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Canongate and St Pats primary afaik. Double turncoat :greengrin.

Correct.
Dated my big sister too but she blew him oot

keithkeith
28-04-2013, 05:48 PM
He's just devastated me! He's said to Holly Willoughby (schwing!) that he's been in the music business 51 years, so can she pose for a photo smiling with a 5-1 gesture, which she has done.

I would post it up, just so I can look at Holly, but seeing her do the 5-1 gesture is too much...!

:(

WindyMiller
28-04-2013, 06:02 PM
He was in my class at Holy Cross.
He was originally in a bad with his brother and. Gigged around Edinburgh in the late 60'

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-04-2013, 06:20 PM
He's just devastated me! He's said to Holly Willoughby (schwing!) that he's been in the music business 51 years, so can she pose for a photo smiling with a 5-1 gesture, which she has done.

I would post it up, just so I can look at Holly, but seeing her do the 5-1 gesture is too much...!

:(

I hope Tom Jones boots him in the baws on the next show!

Its only a matter of time 'til the savile enquiry feel his collar after his TOTP appearance.

Hibernia Na Eir
28-04-2013, 07:42 PM
jambo f@@kwit of a family

Elephant Stone
28-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Best. Song. Ever.

Shivers every time. Couldn't care less what team the writer supports.