PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood Manager of the Month

AndersonGGTTH
20-02-2011, 09:33 PM
If we dont lose to inverness next saturday i can see CC getting this accolade which i think .... he deserves????:cgwa

Topographic Hibby
20-02-2011, 09:53 PM
If we dont lose to inverness next saturday i can see CC getting this accolade which i think .... he deserves???
....I think I see a flaw in your case here....!!

Our record against ICT is not good. If we do avoid defeat, CC's Feb record is good, but lets face it, beating/avoiding defeat to St Mirren, Killie & ICT ain't exactly stunning stuff.

Bigger fear is that he does get MotM and it sets us up for a disasterous March/April. I'd rather it passed him by and we got on with the job of rebuilding for next year.

AndersonGGTTH
20-02-2011, 09:58 PM

Our record against ICT is not good. If we do avoid defeat, CC's Feb record is good, but lets face it, beating/avoiding defeat to St Mirren, Killie & ICT ain't exactly stunning stuff.

Bigger fear is that he does get MotM and it sets us up for a disasterous March/April. I'd rather it passed him by and we got on with the job of rebuilding for next year.

Suppose , agreed apart from killie went into that game being a better side! plus theres more fight now .. 3 in a row<3

CallumLaidlaw
20-02-2011, 10:03 PM
You can only beat the opponents put in front of you. If we win next week then he would quite rightly deserve it for 4 wins out of 4, no matter the opposition.
Killie were 4th, Inverness are 6th, and St mirren are, like us, fighting for their SPL lives.

hfc rd
20-02-2011, 10:07 PM
I agree that if we do win the designated Green Day match against Inverness this Saturday then he should deservedly be handed the MOTM award. Let's not forget the position that we were in at the start of this month. We were something like 2-3 points ahead of 12th placed Hamilton who still have their two games in hand and 2 points behind 10th placed St Mirren and something like 6-7 points behind 9th placed Aberdeen. And now look were we are and who would have thought that after that terrible run we had been on. 10th place with just one point ehind Aberdeen and 8 points behind the top 6. I think it's either between CC and that smeltic a**h*** p**** Lennon for the MOTM award for this month.

:cgwa

Dashing Bob S
20-02-2011, 10:10 PM
I'm delighted CC has turned things around, but two home wins and one away win against that sort if opposition, and draw against ICT could only win you MOM in the SPL and no other senior league in world.

greenlex
20-02-2011, 10:12 PM
No worries. Lennon will get it.:wink:

Monts
20-02-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm delighted CC has turned things around, but two home wins and one away win against that sort if opposition, and draw against ICT could only win you MOM in the SPL and no other senior league in world.

Is that because its the only league ICT play in? :greengrin

lucky
20-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Neil Lennon will get it for beating the Huns in the league and more than likely the cup but Hibs are doing ok now. It is nice to winning just a shame about the style

Sammy7nil
21-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Neil Lennon will get it for beating the Huns in the league and more than likely the cup but Hibs are doing ok now. It is nice to winning just a shame about the style

Neil a certainty

Hibby Bairn
21-02-2011, 12:21 PM
It is nice to winning just a shame about the style

Yip. Loved our Nov/Dec/Jan style whilst losing.

Hibercelona
21-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Out of interest, when was the last time we won 4 in a row?

Must be some time ago now. :agree:

If we win against them, then he's surely a stick on for manager of the month.

Ryan69
21-02-2011, 02:08 PM

Talk about Glass half empty type!

I go into every ICT game expecting a win and with maybe even 18000,Hibs biggest attendance in years why the hell wont we beat them?

seanraff07
21-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Out of interest, when was the last time we won 4 in a row?

Must be some time ago now. :agree:

If we win against them, then he's surely a stick on for manager of the month.

This is the first time we've won 3 in a row in 13 months so your right it must be a hell of a long time.

Keith_M
21-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Talk about Glass half empty type!

I go into every ICT game expecting a win and with maybe even 18000,Hibs biggest attendance in years why the hell wont we beat them?

I admire your optimism but that's highly unlikely.