PDA

View Full Version : Jamie McCluskey

Part/Time Supporter
20-02-2011, 08:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xsYTV5UZjo

Erm, shouldn't they have been slightly more concerned about their own game?

Embarrassing.

Broken Gnome
20-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Over the moon they never showed our dressing room, and would've hated to have seen something similar. And have expected a thorough skelping had anyone tried it.

Albion Hibs
20-02-2011, 08:21 PM
I think the whole cameras in the dressing room and interviews during the game is a farce anyway, Sky making Scottish Football look as amatuer as it can.

Carheenlea
20-02-2011, 08:25 PM
You have to wonder why on earth there is a television in the dressing room?

I have no experience of a top flight dressing room pre-match, but would assume that the time spent in it would be used to prepare for the game ahead and talking tactics, not getting the feet up watching the telly.

--------
20-02-2011, 08:25 PM

Erm, shouldn't they have been slightly more concerned about their own game?

Embarrassing.

I'm just glad it was THEIR dressing-room and not OURS.

I'm also amazed that any TV channel, satellite, cable or terrestrial, was aware that there was any other game but the hate-fest on today.

Silly little boy.

essexhibee
20-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Saw this and thought what a joke. Guy should be ashamed of himself. Shouldnt he be concentrating on the game against hibs? Totally unprofessional. Shameful from mccluskey.

Theres no way caldo would have had a TV on in that dressing room, having hte lads concentrating on OUR game and not any others.

Iggy Pope
20-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Saw this and thought what a joke. Guy should be ashamed of himself. Shouldnt he be concentrating on the game against hibs? Totally unprofessional. Shameful from mccluskey.

Theres no way caldo would have had a TV on in that dressing room, having hte lads concentrating on OUR game and not any others.

He wasn't even on the subs bench and wouldn't have had much to concentrate on I don't suppose.
He'd be killing time with his muckers watching the game. In front of millions though!

givescotlandfreedom
20-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Daft laddie, disresectful to the Saints fans who pay his wages. Especially just before a huge game for them.

ClewsHibs
20-02-2011, 09:02 PM
i always thought he was a no bad player when he was with us, still what he done in the dressing room was totally unproffesional

houston1875
20-02-2011, 09:15 PM
what did he do?

The_Horde
20-02-2011, 09:17 PM
He maybe had a bet on.

hfc rd
20-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Yeah it is very disrespectful to his current club to be celebrating the way he just did. Silly boy. Wonder what St Mirren fans think of it. Must be going f****** berserk and calling for him to be shown the exit door by the club.

Wotherspiniesta
20-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Don't see what the big deal is to be honest. As has been mentioned, he wasn't playing today.

Hibernian Verse
20-02-2011, 09:28 PM
The big deal is that everyone needs something to moan at I think...

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-02-2011, 09:38 PM
If Jinky was still at ER, Yogi would have played him every week. If he could have got Andy McNeil back between the sticks he would have had a near perfect midget 11.

Hank Schrader
20-02-2011, 09:44 PM
I think the whole cameras in the dressing room and interviews during the game is a farce anyway, Sky making Scottish Football look as amatuer as it can.

I personally couldn't give a flying ******.

ArabHibee
20-02-2011, 09:45 PM
If Jinky was still at ER, Yogi would have played him every week. If he could have got Andy McNeil back between the sticks he would have had a near perfect midget 11.

:dunno:

.Sean.
20-02-2011, 10:10 PM
McCluskey is a first class dobber and a ***** fitba player, who cares?

hibee92
20-02-2011, 10:40 PM

:rolleyes:

Franck Stanton
20-02-2011, 10:45 PM
He wasn't even on the subs bench and wouldn't have had much to concentrate on I don't suppose.
He'd be killing time with his muckers watching the game. In front of millions though!

Whether he was in team/on bench is immaterial. He is a St Mirren player whose employers/team-mates are playing against his former employers and he doesn,t have the decency to give it his full attention. If I was his manager I'd be telling him to find another club.

Frogga
20-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Maybe he just really enjoys seeing Rangers getting pumped.

Peevemor
20-02-2011, 11:12 PM
I can only see a problem if he knew he was being broadcast live, which I don't think he did.

When Crunchie was at ER he would undoubtedly have reacted in the same way if he was watching Falkirk scoring. Did it make any difference to how he played for us?

Or if Craig Dargo was shown celebrating a Hibs goal (obviously not today!), would people on here be outraged and calling him an embarrassment?

Footballers are young guys who are hopefully football daft. They can't be expected to just switch off their emotions for their boyhood team.

I couldn't do it.

Riordans Boots
20-02-2011, 11:21 PM
I can't get that link working :confused:

So what did McCluskey do then ??

iwasthere1972
20-02-2011, 11:23 PM
I can't get that link working :confused:

So what did McCluskey do then ??

Celebrated a Celtic goal in the St Mirren dressing room.

Riordans Boots
20-02-2011, 11:35 PM

Celebrated a Celtic goal in the St Mirren dressing room.

Just the one ... or all 3 :greengrin

Hibbie_Cameron
20-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Been on a few other footie forums tonight and some St Mirren fans are wanting his contract ripped up!!

Shrekko
20-02-2011, 11:46 PM
This is harsh tbh!

My only surprise is that there wasn't more players reacting. I wonder if the St.Mirren players knew they were being filmed?

I've seen players of other clubs at Hibs games supporting us when they've not been playing.

hibbysam
20-02-2011, 11:46 PM
McCluskey is a first class dobber and a ***** fitba player, who cares?

well said sean.

Big headed little ***** and a useless football player as well!

Wotherspiniesta
20-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Been on a few other footie forums tonight and some St Mirren fans are wanting his contract ripped up!!

Now, what's more embarassing?

a)A laddie cheering on the team he supports?

or

b) fan's wanting a player's contract terminated because of the team he supports?

cabbageandribs1875
21-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Now, what's more embarassing?

a)A laddie cheering on the team he supports?

or

b) fan's wanting a player's contract terminated because of the team he supports?

the latter :agree:

Dunbar Hibee
21-02-2011, 12:37 AM
;2740493']He maybe had a bet on.

I know this post was tongue in cheek, but he had big on Celtc:agree:

Heckys Wheel
21-02-2011, 04:24 AM
A horrible looking little *****.

SkintHibby
21-02-2011, 05:21 AM
The problem I have with this is that it reinforces the myth to infirm fans that everyone else gives a rats arse about their festival of bigotry.

The only part I care about is whether an another innocent is murdered in the aftermath.

Gatecrasher
21-02-2011, 06:35 AM
Why wouldnt they know that they are being filmed?
Im sure Sky would need permission to do it in the first place. The players surely would have been told in advance :confused:

i have to admit i wouldnt like to have seen a hibs player acting like that

Nakedmanoncrack
21-02-2011, 07:29 AM
i have to admit i wouldnt like to have seen a hibs player acting like that

I'd be livid if a Hibs player was filmed carrying on like that, embarrasing.

Godsahibby
21-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Typical total over reaction from most on here. I'm sure if that had been a Hibs fan watching a Hibs game they would have done the exact same thing. I know I would.

Green_one
21-02-2011, 07:45 AM
In think the point is he DID know it was being filmed and wanted to draw attention to himself.

Sad stupid wee laddie. Some things never change.

Not worth bothering about apart from that.

Beefster
21-02-2011, 07:54 AM
Typical total over reaction from most on here. I'm sure if that had been a Hibs fan watching a Hibs game they would have done the exact same thing. I know I would.

If you were a St Mirren player, who was officially representing the club and knew the cameras were on him an hour before one of your club's biggest games of the season (and that could determine if you have a contract next year), you'd be more concerned with cheering on Hibs?

It's a basic lack of professionalism. Let's say that Rankin had been filmed, in the Hibs dressing room and wearing a Hibs suit, cheering on a Rangers or Hearts goal - this place would be in complete and utter meltdown.

MB62
21-02-2011, 07:55 AM
What a lot of fuss about nothing.
Anybody wondering why St. Mirren allowed the game to be shown in their dressing room in the first place? I reckon that's the bigger 'crime'.

lapsedhibee
21-02-2011, 07:59 AM
Anybody wondering why St. Mirren allowed the game to be shown in their dressing room in the first place?

The whole thing, including the cheering for a Celtc goal, was staged to wind up watching yams who still believe that St Mirren and Celtc entered into a conspiracy 25 years ago to defraud them of their rightful league title.

Hibby D
21-02-2011, 08:02 AM
The whole thing, including the cheering for a Celtc goal, was staged to wind up watching yams who still believe that St Mirren and Celtc entered into a conspiracy 25 years ago to defraud them of their rightful league title.

At last!!! A bit of common sense in a thread full of assumptions :greengrin

.Sean.
21-02-2011, 08:04 AM
well said sean.

Big headed little ***** and a useless football player as well!Your brother will have played in the same side as him eh?

hibbysam
21-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Your brother will have played in the same side as him eh?

He did indeed, greedy wee ***** :agree:

Ritchie
21-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Seriously! Get a grip!!

The way people are talking on this thread I was expecting to witness mccluskey kicking a puppy all over the changing room.

He is doing nowt wrong! Obviously a Celtic supporter so why wouldn't he celebrate.

I'm sure our players would do the same.
What do you think Deek, miller, towel or mcbrides reaction would be to the old firm game yesterday... Exactly the same as mccluskeys.

They all have one thing in common, they hate the Huns!

People love a bit of drama like :rolleyes:

hibbysam
21-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Seriously! Get a grip!!

The way people are talking on this thread I was expecting to witness mccluskey kicking a puppy all over the changing room.

He is doing nowt wrong! Obviously a Celtic supporter so why wouldn't he celebrate.

What do you think Deek, miller, towel or mcbrides reaction would be to the old firm game yesterday... Exactly the same as mccluskeys.

So if they had the camera's on the away dressing room and you saw David Wotherspoon celebrating like mad just two hours before our own game because Celtic scored you would be happy?

And what makes you think Derek would give two flying one's what the score was yesterday?

Ghaax
21-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Totally embarrassing for McCluskey - and he realised that as soon as he remembered the camera was there.....:faf:
However it is no worse than that.

Clubs have differing opinions on what to do pre-match and most players appear to enjoy watching other games if they are on. If Saints were happy enough to show the game in the dressing room then they can't blame any player who takes an interest.

If you were playing for Stirling against Dundee (for example) and the Edinburgh derby was being shown earlier, would you not be wanting to watch and would you not celebrate in style if Hibs were pumping the yams??:dunno::dunno:

All that should matter is the performance and attitude once your are on the pitch. From the Saints fans reaction it seems that they may have a problem with Jamie anyway.:confused::confused:

Still, didnae half make him look like a total teet............:greengrin

Ritchie
21-02-2011, 08:47 AM
So if they had the camera's on the away dressing room and you saw David Wotherspoon celebrating like mad just two hours before our own game because Celtic scored you would be happy?

And what makes you think Derek would give two flying one's what the score was yesterday?

Wotherspoon could do naked cartwheels all around the changing room for all I care.... Aslong as he pulls on the Hibs top after and plays his heart out.

Deek hates the Huns.... Fact.... He'd want a Celtic win everytime

hibbysam
21-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Wotherspoon could do naked cartwheels all around the changing room for all I care.... Aslong as he pulls on the Hibs top after and plays his heart out.

Deek hates the Huns.... Fact.... He'd want a Celtic win everytime

It would still annoy **** out me knowing he's celebrating a rival goal...

I am also a hibby Hate Celtic but wouldnt be celebrating a Rangers goal like that :agree:

Has Derek told you personally he would want a Celtic win? Do you think Derek actually gives a hoot what the score is in the most poisonous game in the world? Ive a feeling he'd be like most of us and hates them both.. He's a hibby no a tim :greengrin

Ghaax
21-02-2011, 09:18 AM
No' sure he will be too fond of the Tims efter how he was treated there........

Ritchie
21-02-2011, 09:35 AM
It would still annoy **** out me knowing he's celebrating a rival goal...

I am also a hibby Hate Celtic but wouldnt be celebrating a Rangers goal like that :agree:

Has Derek told you personally he would want a Celtic win? Do you think Derek actually gives a hoot what the score is in the most poisonous game in the world? Ive a feeling he'd be like most of us and hates them both.. He's a hibby no a tim :greengrin

I may be wrong here so maybe someone can correct me of I am..... Does Deek not come from a Celtic supporting family?

jdships
21-02-2011, 09:50 AM
If you were a St Mirren player, who was officially representing the club and knew the cameras were on him an hour before one of your club's biggest games of the season (and that could determine if you have a contract next year), you'd be more concerned with cheering on Hibs?

It's a basic lack of professionalism. Let's say that Rankin had been filmed, in the Hibs dressing room and wearing a Hibs suit, cheering on a Rangers or Hearts goal - this place would be in complete and utter meltdown.

:top marks
Absolutely spot on with all you say here .
Sad young man really :rolleyes:

ForeverHibs93
21-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Seriously! Get a grip!!

I agree:top marksI seen this on tv at the time and thought nothing of it, I was expecting something a lot worse, he celebrated a goal so what? He wasn't even in the squad, and even if he was then as long as they give 100% who gives a toss about who they support?

Sir David Gray
21-02-2011, 10:05 AM
I've just seen this footage on Sky Sports News and, never mind McCluskey's reaction, the fact that the St Mirren players were even watching the Old Firm game (a match that does not concern or affect their team in any way) in their dressing room, just a couple of hours before playing in one of their biggest matches of the season, is totally embarrassing and shows a "wee team" mindset.

I'm guessing that this was allowed by the management of St Mirren, if so I would be absolutely fuming with Danny Lennon if I was a St Mirren fan.

Totally unprofessional and it's a bit like going to Ibrox and Parkhead and taking pictures of the stadium when you're out on the pitch and supposed to be doing a warm-up.

Duffys13
21-02-2011, 10:56 AM
I'd be livid if a Hibs player was filmed carrying on like that, embarrasing.

Agree, although I would'nt be livid, it just not something I would want to see from our players. I realise most of our players don't support Hibs, but the thought of them being overjoyed by either of the OF winning leaves me with a bad feeling for some reason.

Sergio sledge
21-02-2011, 11:11 AM
I've just seen this footage on Sky Sports News and, never mind McCluskey's reaction, the fact that the St Mirren players were even watching the Old Firm game (a match that does not concern or affect their team in any way) in their dressing room, just a couple of hours before playing in one of their biggest matches of the season, is totally embarrassing and shows a "wee team" mindset.

I'm guessing that this was allowed by the management of St Mirren, if so I would be absolutely fuming with Danny Lennon if I was a St Mirren fan.

Totally unprofessional and it's a bit like going to Ibrox and Parkhead and taking pictures of the stadium when you're out on the pitch and supposed to be doing a warm-up.

It's not like that at all, don't be dramatic. The situation you describe above would be unprofessional because it is when they are meant to be doing something else, but in this situation it looks like the majority of the squad are sitting watching the match so it has obviously been allowed by the management.

Do we know which goal was being celebrated here? If it was the first goal then it was a full 2 hours before our match kicked off, and the players will have time to kill after their lunch and before the serious match preparation begins. I don't know what people are expecting the players to do, sit in silence in the changing room for half an hour whilst waiting for their call to go out an warm up? Its important to relax as much as possible in the run up to games when there is free time and not spend too much time thinking about the game. I think you'll find that most professional clubs will have some of their players watching the early kick-off match at some point during their day to kill time. Whether they celebrate goals to the same extent or not I don't know, but I'm sure Man Utd players would celebrate Chelsea or Man City conceding if they were watching.

There's been a major over-reaction here....

Peevemor
21-02-2011, 11:15 AM

I couldn't disagree more.

A couple of hours before the game, the players should be relaxed - a bit of bonding and all that. Whether they're watching another match, the teletubbies or whatever - so what?

The focus part starts when changing then warming up - there won't be any TVs on after that.

Peevemor
21-02-2011, 11:16 AM
It's not like that at all, don't be dramatic. The situation you describe above would be unprofessional because it is when they are meant to be doing something else, but in this situation it looks like the majority of the squad are sitting watching the match so it has obviously been allowed by the management.

Do we know which goal was being celebrated here? If it was the first goal then it was a full 2 hours before our match kicked off, and the players will have time to kill after their lunch and before the serious match preparation begins. I don't know what people are expecting the players to do, sit in silence in the changing room for half an hour whilst waiting for their call to go out an warm up? Its important to relax as much as possible in the run up to games when there is free time and not spend too much time thinking about the game. I think you'll find that most professional clubs will have some of their players watching the early kick-off match at some point during their day to kill time. Whether they celebrate goals to the same extent or not I don't know, but I'm sure Man Utd players would celebrate Chelsea or Man City conceding if they were watching.

Snap! :greengrin

Sudds_1
21-02-2011, 11:21 AM
:confused: I'm a wee bit confused as to what he's done wrong...............? He's showing a wee bit emotion whan (presumably) the team he supports (or has a bet on) scores against der Hun in a game that's being shown on the TV that St Mirren put in the dressing room..and was presumably on with the consent of the manager.

What was he meant to do? sit on is hands and kid on he's really a died in the wool Paisleyite?

.....and some on here complain about the missing passion in Scottish fitba. ....

truehibernian
21-02-2011, 11:54 AM
For me it's a "nothing to see here" moment.

Saints players would have been watching with gaffers blessing, players watch games on team coach all the time on away games, and ask Lee Bullen or any of the old Falkirk players, Hughes used to cheer Hibs goals or results when not playing Hibs.

Rather they watch a good game of football with good technique on show, than gamble their wages playing poker IMHO.

Sir David Gray
21-02-2011, 11:58 AM

I couldn't disagree more.

A couple of hours before the game, the players should be relaxed - a bit of bonding and all that. Whether they're watching another match, the teletubbies or whatever - so what?

The focus part starts when changing then warming up - there won't be any TVs on after that.

The fact it's been allowed by the management is totally irrelevant, if the management team is unprofessional.

As far as I'm concerned, the fact that they're watching the Old Firm game is not necessarily the main issue here, I'm more concerned with where they're watching the Old Firm game.

If the match was being shown in a players' lounge, somewhere within the stadium, then I wouldn't really have a problem with that but it wasn't, it was in the dressing room. In my opinion, once players go into their dressing room on match day, their forthcoming match is all that they should be focussing on and nothing else. Everything else should be put to the back of the players' minds until after the game ends.

I'm quite sure the Manchester Utd players will watch Manchester City, Arsenal and Chelsea games and cheer when the opposition scores but I doubt very much that Sir Alex Ferguson allows a TV to be brought in to the Old Trafford dressing room so the players can watch a game that has absolutely zero significance on Manchester Utd's fortunes.

As I said earlier, what Danny Lennon has obviously sanctioned yesterday in allowing the players to watch the Old Firm game shows a "wee team" mentality and I just hope that we never see this kind of stuff from a Hibs team/manager.

--------
21-02-2011, 12:00 PM
For me it's a "nothing to see here" moment.

Saints players would have been watching with gaffers blessing, players watch games on team coach all the time on away games, and ask Lee Bullen or any of the old Falkirk players, Hughes used to cheer Hibs goals or results when not playing Hibs.

Rather they watch a good game of football with good technique on show, than gamble their wages playing poker IMHO.

So would I - but these guys were watching Rangers and Celtic... :rolleyes:

soupy
21-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Nae big deal to me, surprised its a big deal to anyone really, but opinions eh.

Craigyno1
21-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Seriously! Get a grip!!

Totally agree with this too.

All players are football fans and will probably still support a team from their younger days, and coming from the west will probably support one of "them". In fact, I'm just reading Lawrie Reilly's book, and when they went on a pre/post-season tour to France, an ex Hibs player/fan who was playing for QOS (I think!) travelled with the Hibs team to support them! I suppose that was 60 years ago! :greengrin

truehibernian
21-02-2011, 12:25 PM
So would I - but these guys were watching Rangers and Celtic... :rolleyes:

I know mate, but hey I would rather young Callum look at the Celtic left back and take note if his skill, or young Byrne look at the touch and movement of Hooper and aspire to that kind of consistency.

Really pains me to say it but Celtic were a joy to watch for 20 minutes in that first half yesterday. The possession football was superb. Reminded me of the Hibs 1-0 v Hearts in the cup.......proving football is marvellous to watch when played simply and with pace.

Hibs will get there slowly but surely.

--------
21-02-2011, 12:45 PM
I know mate, but hey I would rather young Callum look at the Celtic left back and take note if his skill, or young Byrne look at the touch and movement of Hooper and aspire to that kind of consistency.

Really pains me to say it but Celtic were a joy to watch for 20 minutes in that first half yesterday. The possession football was superb. Reminded me of the Hibs 1-0 v Hearts in the cup.......proving football is marvellous to watch when played simply and with pace.

Hibs will get there slowly but surely.

I know what you meant, mate, and actually I agree.

I hate to say so, but the Beast Lennon seems to be doing a decent job at Parkhead. I suppose, too, that it's better to allow your players to watch football than some of the other things they might be doing before their own game.

And then again - the size of him, and the look of him, and called McCluskey? Nobody in Glasgow's going to take HIM for a Billy-boy, are they? :hmmm:

greenlex
21-02-2011, 12:53 PM
;2740493']He maybe had a bet on.
I reacted similarly to be fair. I had Hooper for first goal scorer at work in a small sweep that netted me £10. It wasnt on TV though. :greengrin
In my defence there was no reaction whatsoever to the other goals. :greengrin

Sergio sledge
21-02-2011, 01:23 PM
The fact it's been allowed by the management is totally irrelevant, if the management team is unprofessional.

As far as I'm concerned, the fact that they're watching the Old Firm game is not necessarily the main issue here, I'm more concerned with where they're watching the Old Firm game.

If the match was being shown in a players' lounge, somewhere within the stadium, then I wouldn't really have a problem with that but it wasn't, it was in the dressing room. In my opinion, once players go into their dressing room on match day, their forthcoming match is all that they should be focussing on and nothing else. Everything else should be put to the back of the players' minds until after the game ends.

I'm quite sure the Manchester Utd players will watch Manchester City, Arsenal and Chelsea games and cheer when the opposition scores but I doubt very much that Sir Alex Ferguson allows a TV to be brought in to the Old Trafford dressing room so the players can watch a game that has absolutely zero significance on Manchester Utd's fortunes.

As I said earlier, what Danny Lennon has obviously sanctioned yesterday in allowing the players to watch the Old Firm game shows a "wee team" mentality and I just hope that we never see this kind of stuff from a Hibs team/manager.

There is a tv in the dressing room at OT, I've been on the stadium tour.

FitbaFolkKen
21-02-2011, 01:29 PM
It strikes me as a complete overreaction...just a bit of benchmarking ;)

If I was Danny Lennon I reckon that is exactly the type of game you would want your players watching before a match that is going to be a battle. Relax the players and probably psyche them up for it.

As for Jinky's reaction I couldn't care less, as someone else said footballers are going to be passionate about their team. If they were not passionate about football they wouldn't be footballers, i'm not saying I would be pleased to see Hibs players celebrating goals for other teams but if we are honest I bet it happens.

Sir David Gray
21-02-2011, 08:16 PM
There is a tv in the dressing room at OT, I've been on the stadium tour.

I'm not saying there isn't a TV in the Old Trafford dressing room, what I'm saying is that I highly doubt that it's used so that the Manchester Utd players can watch a Manchester City, Chelsea or Arsenal match, a couple of hours before they're due to play one of their biggest games of the season.

If there is a TV in their dressing room (and I'm not saying you're wrong by the way) then it's most likely that it's used so that the players can view footage of the opposition that they are due to be playing on any given matchday.

TRC
21-02-2011, 08:36 PM
I've even heard some coaches saying (and at big clubs too) that we watched the game before our game, so to say it's unprofessional i think is wide of the mark i'm afraid. Most teams maybe only arrive in their dressing room 1 hour before kick off non-event imho. Would there be a huge fuss if it was say Nottingham Forest V Cardiff Nottingham score Matt Thornhill celebrates? Also how many times to players get off a coach with their ear phones on?

Peevemor
21-02-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm not saying there isn't a TV in the Old Trafford dressing room, what I'm saying is that I highly doubt that it's used so that the Manchester Utd players can watch a Manchester City, Chelsea or Arsenal match, a couple of hours before they're due to play one of their biggest games of the season.

If there is a TV in their dressing room (and I'm not saying you're wrong by the way) then it's most likely that it's used so that the players can view footage of the opposition that they are due to be playing on any given matchday.

Are you for real?

What do you think watching whatever other match, 2 hours prior to kick off, is going to do to them? Are they going to injure themselves? Are they going to tire themselves out?

Could you please explain to us all what's so wrong about it?

(And if you're going to speak about lack of focus, 2 hours before the match, then you obviously have no idea about competition - sporting or otherwise).

Sammy7nil
21-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Are you for real?

What do you think watching whatever other match, 2 hours prior to kick off, is going to do to them? Are they going to injure themselves? Are they going to tire themselves out?

(And if you're going to speak about lack of focus, 2 hours before the match, then you obviously have no idea about competition - sporting or otherwise).

Very harsh

Sir David Gray
21-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Are you for real?

I won't be unkind in my response but with that statement in particular, you clearly know absolutely nothing about me.

To answer your first question, yes I am for real.

Peevemor
21-02-2011, 10:05 PM
I won't be unkind in my response but with that statement in particular, you clearly know absolutely nothing about me.

To answer your first question, yes I am for real.

And what about my other question(s)?

I know you're disabled, but that doesn't give you carte blanche to talk keech without being pulled up for it. Neither does it exclude you from participating in countless forms of competition (sporting or otherwise - as I said earlier).

So again, please tell us all what effect watching some of the OF game on Saturday will have had on the St Mirren squad?

Peevemor
21-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Very harsh

Why?

Sammy7nil
21-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Why?

I dont have a problem with them watching the game.

I think your are being harsh Simply because you make a lot of assumptions, personally I think the players time could be better spent, but hey what do I know.

jane_says
21-02-2011, 10:35 PM
If i played for motherwell/aberdeen/kilmarnock etc and the derby was on in the changing rooms and Hibs scored i'd have pretty much exactly the same reaction as McCluskey.

Who cares if he celebrated a goal. Seriously.

He gets paid to play football for St Mirren. Not to support them and give up his allegiances too.

Total overreaction.

Peevemor
21-02-2011, 10:37 PM
I dont have a problem with them watching the game.

I think your are being harsh Simply because you make a lot of assumptions, personally I think the players time could be better spent, but hey what do I know.

I think you'll find that it's FalkirkHibee that making all the assumptions - I haven't made any.

If the players were sitting watching the game in their strips and boots then I could understand talk of lack of focus/unprofessionalism, but this clearly wasn't the case.

I honestly can't see the issue here. :dunno:

Sammy7nil
21-02-2011, 10:49 PM
I think you'll find that it's FalkirkHibee that making all the assumptions - I haven't made any.

If the players were sitting watching the game in their strips and boots then I could understand talk of lack of focus/unprofessionalism, but this clearly wasn't the case.

I honestly can't see the issue here. :dunno:

No probs for me

I thought this was the harsh bit

Peevemor
21-02-2011, 11:00 PM
No probs for me

I thought this was the harsh bit

Fair enough, though it wasn't meant to be. I'd say the same thing to anyone.

The Green Goblin
22-02-2011, 12:33 AM
I watched the footage and I thought then, as I do now, what the hell is everyone getting their knickers in a twist about? What a total nonsense about absolutely nothing, nothing at all.

But okay, to those lining up to label McCluskey a disgrace, I`ll go with your line of thought for a moment and see where it takes me. I remember watching Ivan Sproule punch the air in front of the Huns when they won the title at ER a few years back when Mowbray took the team round the field to applaud home and away fans. Perhaps he should never set foot in Easter Road ever again for such a heinous crime and all evidence of his time at the club deleted: videos, photos, stats - we don`t need his kind of filth in our gaff now, do we? Maybe we can stage a protest in front of his house, just so he knows how strongly we feel about it likes.

What a load of utter balls. Some folks need to get a grip and recheck their perspective on things.

And I`ll tell you something else no-one`s mentioned yet - if it wasn`t the Old firm, nobody would have given a toss.

GG

TRC
22-02-2011, 02:26 AM
I watched the footage and I thought then, as I do now, what the hell is everyone getting their knickers in a twist about? What a total nonsense about absolutely nothing, nothing at all.

But okay, to those lining up to label McCluskey a disgrace, I`ll go with your line of thought for a moment and see where it takes me. I remember watching Ivan Sproule punch the air in front of the Huns when they won the title at ER a few years back when Mowbray took the team round the field to applaud home and away fans. Perhaps he should never set foot in Easter Road ever again for such a heinous crime and all evidence of his time at the club deleted: videos, photos, stats - we don`t need his kind of filth in our gaff now, do we? Maybe we can stage a protest in front of his house, just so he knows how strongly we feel about it likes.

What a load of utter balls. Some folks need to get a grip and recheck their perspective on things.

And I`ll tell you something else no-one`s mentioned yet - if it wasn`t the Old firm, nobody would have given a toss.

GG

Post 70

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-02-2011, 06:56 AM
Daft laddie, disresectful to the Saints fans who pay his wages. Especially just before a huge game for them.

Thats what went through my mind too!

The Green Goblin
22-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Post 70

Very helpful, thanks. but the point remains the same - if it wasn't the old firm, nobody would have cared.

GG

JimBHibees
22-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Personally think it was pretty embarressing and kind of ties in with what the tabloid media think that players of other clubs care desperately about the big 2. Sadly when Edinburgh guys like John Robertson come out with the same nonsense that every player in every team in Scotland have an Old Firm preference then you can see why this is perpetuated. Personally dont give a flying one which of them wins a game between them.

Broken Gnome
22-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Personally think it was pretty embarressing and kind of ties in with what the tabloid media think that players of other clubs care desperately about the big 2. Sadly when Edinburgh guys like John Robertson come out with the same nonsense that every player in every team in Scotland have an Old Firm preference then you can see why this is perpetuated. Personally dont give a flying one which of them wins a game between them.

That's it for me - looked really sad and small time. Everyone loved it when Collins wanted to talk about Hibs and Hibs only at press conferences, not a great deal of difference between constant OF-based questioning and seeing a dressing room like that. Just buys into the theory its all about them.

Also, Ivan did get it tight for acknowledging the Rangers end the day we qualified for Europe. As he would if he had reacted the way McCluskey did. As would Liam Miller if he celebrated a Celtic goal on camera inside a Hibs dressing room. Let's not pretend otherwise.

SaulGoodman
22-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Bit harsh is it no?

If I was playing for a team and saw Hibs scoring against Hearts I'd celebrate, is it not just the same but with the Old Firm instead?

ancient hibee
22-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Thank goodness they didn't pick up any tips on how to play.

--------
22-02-2011, 05:44 PM

Yup. That's TV coverage from the dressing-room of a team preparing to play in the only other SPL game scheduled for that afternoon. Now OK, St Mirren-Hibs isn't as big a game as an OF game, but the assumption behind pictures like this is that nothing in Scottish football - not even relegation 6-pointers - has any relevance outside the orbit of the OF.

As you say, when someone like Robertson (who certainly should know better) comes out with comments like that one, it just makes things worse.

We've lived in North Lanarkshire for the past 7 and a half years (lucky, lucky us!) and I still get guys assuming that the fact that I watch my football at Easter Road means that I must want Celtic to win when the OF play. When I tell them that if it were possible I'd rather both Rangers AND Celtic lost because I don't favour either of them, only Hibs, they usually come out with something like, "Aye, but Hibs are just Celtic's wee brothers, right?"

My fear is that the day is coming closer when the BBC and STV sports crews and the brown-nosing journos will have their way, and every Scottish football fan will be either a Billy or a Dan, and all the other teams will have gone to the wall, sacrificed to the rapacity of the Gruesome Twosome and the hyenas who do their PR for them.

basehibby
22-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Jeez - McLuskey is a Celtic fan and always was - get over it FFS!

I'd bet Leigh Griffiths for example would have a wee cheer if he was watching a derby with his teammates and the Hibees scored a goal.

And as for footballers watching football (of all things!) before going on to play a football match - better watch out or they might get some ideas - like playing football!

Hibernia Na Eir
22-02-2011, 07:21 PM
I personally couldn't give a flying ******.

have to agree here. Who gives a flying toss !

TBH its all rather amusing stuff from young Jamie.

jabis
22-02-2011, 07:42 PM
I can only see a problem if he knew he was being broadcast live, which I don't think he did.

When Crunchie was at ER he would undoubtedly have reacted in the same way if he was watching Falkirk scoring. Did it make any difference to how he played for us?

Or if Craig Dargo was shown celebrating a Hibs goal (obviously not today!), would people on here be outraged and calling him an embarrassment?

Footballers are young guys who are hopefully football daft. They can't be expected to just switch off their emotions for their boyhood team.

I couldn't do it.

me too

New Corrie
22-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Jeez - McLuskey is a Celtic fan and always was - get over it FFS!

I'd bet Leigh Griffiths for example would have a wee cheer if he was watching a derby with his teammates and the Hibees scored a goal.

And as for footballers watching football (of all things!) before going on to play a football match - better watch out or they might get some ideas - like playing football!

He is that, but more importantly, he's a knickers football player who will disappear and end up with some obscure junior side.

Andy74
22-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Load of nonsense. Do fans of Old Firm teams not have a right to support their team? Guaranteed players who are Hibs fans would do the same for a Hibs goal or win. Are we a proper club so it doesn't count or something?

erin go bragh
22-02-2011, 09:05 PM
:confused: he is a celtic fan and they have just scored against their rivals ffs [ some people need to get a life] dont see the problem tbh
ggtth

Sir David Gray
22-02-2011, 11:14 PM
And what about my other question(s)?

I know you're disabled, but that doesn't give you carte blanche to talk keech without being pulled up for it. Neither does it exclude you from participating in countless forms of competition (sporting or otherwise - as I said earlier).

So again, please tell us all what effect watching some of the OF game on Saturday will have had on the St Mirren squad?

I have no problems at all with anyone disagreeing with me or saying that they think I'm talking rubbish, I actually love a good debate on here. I have also never asked for any special treatment from anyone because I'm disabled, in fact I would be horrified if anyone did give me special treatment or patronised me for that reason.

My problem was with your claim that, because I disagree with you on how a team should prepare for a big match, I must have "no idea about competition - sporting or otherwise".

I have been involved in various national squads in several sports over the past 7 or 8 years and I have played in several national tournaments in individual sports as well.

I'm unlikely to ever be good enough to go to the Paralympics but I like to think that I have enough of a sporting background, at a decent enough level, to know what is good practice for a team in the lead up to a vital match.

And yes, I will answer your other questions. I thought I had sort of answered them already but I will do so again.

No, they won't get injured or tired out as a result of watching the Old Firm match but I've already said that I don't think the dressing room is an appropriate place for a leisure activity. If Danny Lennon thought that they didn't need to start preparing for the Hibs match at around two hours before kick-off then the team should have been taken to a players' lounge within the stadium to watch the match, if that's what they wanted to do.

I completely agree with the point that Doddie makes and I would probably take it a bit further. I think St Mirren have been used as pawns by Sky to try and promote the Old Firm brand even more. They have taken that footage of Jamie McCluskey celebrating, put it on Sky Sports News to a national audience and the inference there is that all Scottish players, even when they're playing a match of their own on the same day for their own club, are fascinated and addicted to the Old Firm game.

1875godsgift
23-02-2011, 12:05 AM
I have no problems at all with anyone disagreeing with me or saying that they think I'm talking rubbish, I actually love a good debate on here. I have also never asked for any special treatment from anyone because I'm disabled, in fact I would be horrified if anyone did give me special treatment or patronised me for that reason.

My problem was with your claim that, because I disagree with you on how a team should prepare for a big match, I must have "no idea about competition - sporting or otherwise".

I have been involved in various national squads in several sports over the past 7 or 8 years and I have played in several national tournaments in individual sports as well.

I'm unlikely to ever be good enough to go to the Paralympics but I like to think that I have enough of a sporting background, at a decent enough level, to know what is good practice for a team in the lead up to a vital match.

And yes, I will answer your other questions. I thought I had sort of answered them already but I will do so again.

No, they won't get injured or tired out as a result of watching the Old Firm match but I've already said that I don't think the dressing room is an appropriate place for a leisure activity. If Danny Lennon thought that they didn't need to start preparing for the Hibs match at around two hours before kick-off then the team should have been taken to a players' lounge within the stadium to watch the match, if that's what they wanted to do.

I completely agree with the point that Doddie makes and I would probably take it a bit further. I think St Mirren have been used as pawns by Sky to try and promote the Old Firm brand even more. They have taken that footage of Jamie McCluskey celebrating, put it on Sky Sports News to a national audience and the inference there is that all Scottish players, even when they're playing a match of their own on the same day for their own club, are fascinated and addicted to the Old Firm game.

Unfortunately, I think you're probably right there, sad a scenario as it is.

I wonder if we'll ever see a player from one of the bigot brothers ever celebrating a goal by Hibs ( or any other SPL team ) in the dressing room? :I'm waiti

dp00
24-02-2011, 04:38 AM
I assume the reason we never saw the hibs dressing room is because we refused... Along with not seeing the celtic or rangers dressing room.

Do clubs get more money for allowing a camera in there dressing room ? As it only appears to be the smaller teams that allow it

Peevemor
24-02-2011, 05:56 AM

You still haven't said why it is/was detrimental.

Sir David Gray
25-02-2011, 11:00 PM
You still haven't said why it is/was detrimental.

Again, I think I did address that point in my original post on this thread.

I personally believe that at two hours before kick off in one of your most important matches of the season, you should be preparing for your own match and not watching another match in your dressing room.

I realise that you, along with a few others, see no problem with watching a match two hours before your game kicks off and that's fine and it's no surprise that you do not think what the St Mirren players were doing was detrimental to their own fortunes.

Mac
26-02-2011, 10:09 AM

I personally believe that at two hours before kick off in one of your most important matches of the season, you should be preparing for your own match and not watching another match in your dressing room.

I realise that you, along with a few others, see no problem with watching a match two hours before your game kicks off and that's fine and it's no surprise that you do not think what the St Mirren players were doing was detrimental to their own fortunes.

Actually the only thing that sounds like a conspiracy for
The old firm
Is you, your starting to sound like one, the worlds against us as sky manipulate tv to show us in a bad light and all followers of the infirm hahhaha paranoia or what!!!

Let it go man, most players have a team and most players will sit and watch the early game on tv, 2 hours before the game they have just had lunch and relax g before starting the whole warm up and getting focused for a game, stupid ? Probably but really not a huge conspiracy against Scottish football

Iggy Pope
26-02-2011, 10:28 AM

Jamie McCluskey did not even make the bench.
What does it do for team spirit to ostracise first team players that are not in the line up, to Players Lounges, banishing them from the Dressing Room? (And I think the team mentality is a base of your argument here)
If you've been around the dressing rooms that you seem to suggest you have then you will know that there is nothing better than 'the craic' that you get there. It's what I miss most about playng amateur (which I did for about the same number of years as you have been on the planet) and it's what ex-pro's and retired coaches miss most about the game - and I have spoken and worked alongside two (One Hibs, one Hearts) who have told me exactly this.

McCluskey has done nothing wrong and nothing to feel sorry about. He was surrounded by team mates in their own environment. It's certainly not his doing that his side lost that day.

Preparation? There are no rules - and (safely) assuming you've never played or coached pro football, what exactly do you know about match preparation?