PDA

View Full Version : Funny songs

macca70
20-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Just back from game and stil trying to work out what the Sodje song words were?

Folk were laughing, it sounded to me like 'he's stuck to his sock' lol

Nish/Jeffries wife song was brilliant, you could see all the subby's having a wee laugh to themselves.

The Hibby in the St Mirren main stand was brilliant, 'we can see your ******* knee, we can see your .......' the singing section not recognising the guy from the games and assuming he was a St mirren punter. Never laughed so much when he showed his hibs top and the hibs fans burst into laughter.

Another great performance from the singers 10/10 .

McKenzie
20-02-2011, 06:58 PM
The sodje song was "its tucked in his sock"

greenlex
20-02-2011, 07:00 PM
The sodje song was "its tucked in his sock"
Couldnt have been as at one point during the game he got a "belt in the welt" fae the ba.

billbee
20-02-2011, 07:07 PM
The stadium announcer said this is an all seater stadium and we request you all sit down...... Hibs support - Stand Up If You Hate The Hearts --- Fg Classic well done the 12th again !!

The_Horde
20-02-2011, 07:16 PM
The stadium announcer said this is an all seater stadium and we request you all sit down...... Hibs support - Stand Up If You Hate The Hearts --- Fg Classic well done the 12th again !!

Even the saints fans were standing and singing.

frazeHFC
20-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Just back from game and stil trying to work out what the Sodje song words were?

Folk were laughing, it sounded to me like 'he's stuck to his sock' lol

Nish/Jeffries wife song was brilliant, you could see all the subby's having a wee laugh to themselves.

The Hibby in the St Mirren main stand was brilliant, 'we can see your ******* knee, we can see your .......' the singing section not recognising the guy from the games and assuming he was a St mirren punter. Never laughed so much when he showed his hibs top and the hibs fans burst into laughter.

Another great performance from the singers 10/10 .

What was it?

I was not at the game but was the new Palsson song sung, or was it just the weegie song (same tune)???

Removed
20-02-2011, 07:33 PM
What was it?

I was not at the game but was the new Palsson song sung, or was it just the weegie song (same tune)???

It's a family board :wink:

And yes the new palsson song was sung.

macca70
20-02-2011, 07:36 PM
What was it?

Something about playing for Iceland where sky's are grey. Some reference to Gerrard and another player. Please don't take our Palsson away.

That's as much as I could make out at the game.

Removed
20-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Something about playing for Iceland where sky's are grey. Some reference to Gerrard and another player. Please don't take our Palsson away.

That's as much as I could make out at the game.

Lampard. But that wasn't the song he was asking about :wink:

NorthfieldHibee
20-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Lampard. But that wasn't the song he was asking about :wink:

You are my Palsson
My Viktor Palsson
You come from Iceland
where skies are grey
So your Lampard
Your Steven Gerrard
and don't take my Palsson away

:flag::flag::hibees

Removed
20-02-2011, 07:47 PM
You are my Palsson
My Viktor Palsson
You come from Iceland
where skies are grey
So ****** your Lampard
Your Steven Gerrard
and don't take my Palsson away

:flag::flag::hibees

I do know the words

nonshinyfinish
20-02-2011, 07:50 PM
:tee hee:

Removed
20-02-2011, 07:54 PM
:tee hee:

Missed that. I did say it was a family board :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
20-02-2011, 07:58 PM
I thought the way jackhfc phrased it was very restrained, I've certainly seen worse on here.

Cracking song anyway.

The Falcon
20-02-2011, 08:11 PM
;2740282']Even the saints fans were standing and singing.

I dont know why the announcer even bothered. He didnt try it again though.:greengrin

hibsbollah
20-02-2011, 08:41 PM
|removed

i bet colins not best pleased at that disgusting slur on his judgement and good name.

wazoo1875
20-02-2011, 08:49 PM
i bet colins not best pleased at that disgusting slur on his judgement and good name.
It was funny nish was warming up and a couple of guys sang it at first and the big man just burst out laughing. I was pishing myself laughing quite a lot today at the songs. Quality stuff guys keep it up!

It's tucked in his sock :-))

--------
20-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Must be my age but I think that song is cringeworthy.

That aside I enjoyed the sing song at the match today.

I agree - must be MY age, too.

Don't like it. :bitchy:

Removed
20-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Must be my age but I think that song is cringeworthy.

That aside I enjoyed the sing song at the match today.

I agree - must be MY age, too.

Don't like it. :bitchy:

Youths in offensive song shocker :rolleyes:

It's their age :agree: Us older ones must have been 16 at some point :dunno:

Bayern Bru
20-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Nearly pashed at 'It's tucked in his sock.' :greengrin

Found the Jeffries/Nish ditty a bit cringeworthy but worth it for Colin's reaction. Thought the crowd were in fine voice this afternoon - especially the songs for Sodje/Palsson.

I nearly enjoyed myself!

hibsbollah
20-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Youths in offensive song shocker :rolleyes:

It's their age :agree: Us older ones must have been 16 at some point :dunno:

i think you might have missed my point :-)

Removed
20-02-2011, 09:52 PM
i think you might have missed my point :-)

I did, apologies.

On re reading, I too like Colin would have been deeply offended :greengrin

Franck Stanton
20-02-2011, 09:56 PM
The Jeffreys/Nish song is - original,funny okay, if you are a bit of a prude could be a wee bit offensive, but get a grip, at least it's no about someone beind dead or as the yams sing, claiming we are all gay.

Springbank
20-02-2011, 09:58 PM
other facts I overheard about JJ's wife were:

she had a misspent youth (rhymes with Callum Booth)
she liked it round the back (rhymes with Graham Stack)
she always gets fired in (rhymes with 01)
and so on and so forth

ArabHibee
20-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Imo the jeffries' wife song is way worse than the mercer song.

Removed
20-02-2011, 10:00 PM
other facts I overheard about JJ's wife were:

she had a misspent youth (rhymes with Callum Booth)
she liked it round the back (rhymes with Graham Stack)
she always gets fired in (rhymes with 01)
and so on and so forth

I did say at the game that it needs a few more verses :greengrin

ArabHibee agreed :agree:

nonshinyfinish
20-02-2011, 10:07 PM

Why? (I'm not having a go, that's a genuine question.)

(Here I am having a go - it's Jefferies's not Jefferies'.:na na:)

Franck Stanton
20-02-2011, 10:11 PM

Now you , of course, are entitled to your opinion, but how can singing about someones death not be worse than a stupid song about sexual inuendo ?

ArabHibee
20-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Why? (I'm not having a go, that's a genuine question.)

(Here I am having a go - it's Jeffries's not Jeffries'.:na na:)
Are you sure about that?

Your other question. Although I have no time for Jim jeffries, its a bit rude to slag his wife. Same with the song about what Mrs Mercer has in her bedside drawer.

The other mercer song. The bloke's deid, so who cares?

Removed
20-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Now you , of course, are entitled to your opinion, but how can singing about someones death not be worse than a stupid song about sexual inuendo ?

I think she meant the one about his wife and the contents of her bedside drawer not the mercer deid one :dunno:

nonshinyfinish
20-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Are you sure about that?

Your other question. Although I have no time for Jim jeffries, its a bit rude to slag his wife. Same with the song about what Mrs Mercer has in her bedside drawer.

The other mercer song. The bloke's deid, so who cares?

Re: the apostrophe, yes, I'm sure.

Re: he's deid, who cares...maybe his wife? Personally I think all the songs mentioned are tasteless but within the realms of acceptable 'banter' - what is it that you think makes the Jeffries's wife song so much worse?

hibsbollah
20-02-2011, 10:40 PM
what is it that you think makes the Jeffries's wife song so much worse?

Maybe its the 'fish' element. The poor creature didnt ask to be dragged into all this, after all.

ArabHibee
20-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Re: the apostrophe, yes, I'm sure.

Re: he's deid, who cares...maybe his wife? Personally I think all the songs mentioned are tasteless but within the realms of acceptable 'banter' - what is it that you think makes the Jeffries's wife song so much worse?

You'll find the answer to your question in the second paragraph of my previous post. Or maybe I need to explain a bit better.
Mercer was a fud and deserves to be slagged in a Hibs song. And he's deid so its no like he's gonna bother much.
Mercer and jeffries' wife have nout to do with football. And are still alive.

markom127
20-02-2011, 10:44 PM
what was the songs as i was skint and unable to attend?

nonshinyfinish
20-02-2011, 10:51 PM
You'll find the answer to your question in the second paragraph of my previous post. Or maybe I need to explain a bit better.
Mercer was a fud and deserves to be slagged in a Hibs song. And he's deid so its no like he's gonna bother much.
Mercer and jeffries' wife have nout to do with football. And are still alive.

Are you saying that you think Mrs Mercer wouldn't care about Hibs fans slagging her dead husband, but would be mortified by them bandying about an admittedly crass innuendo? I don't agree.

ArabHibee
20-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Are you saying that you think Mrs Mercer wouldn't care about Hibs fans slagging her dead husband, but would be mortified by them bandying about an admittedly crass innuendo? I don't agree.
Well I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree then. As I said in my first post, IMO.

nonshinyfinish
20-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Well I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree then. As I said in my first post, IMO.

Fair enough.

(IMO, your first post was somewhat ambiguous :wink:)

.Sean.
20-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Fair enjoyed myself. The cheap rose wine in the pub beside the station sure juiced my vocal chords.

ArabHibee
20-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Fair enough.

(IMO, your first post was somewhat ambiguous :wink:)

I'm being ambiguous again. I meant I had put "imo" in my first post so if people didn't agree with me then fine, just different opinions.

Imo, it's not nice to be told your flower smells of fish.

Fantic
20-02-2011, 11:16 PM
I'm being ambiguous again. I meant I had put "imo" in my first post so if people didn't agree with me then fine, just different opinions.

Its not going to smell of flowers is it.

Removed
20-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Its not going to smell of flowers is it.

Tulips :dunno:

hibsbollah
20-02-2011, 11:22 PM

I believe its all a matter of regular washing.

Franck Stanton
21-02-2011, 12:19 AM
As a well known Benidorm comedian says - " There's worse words , like .........say dead - Well what would you rather be ? or dead ? :na na:

Skanko79
21-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Think some folk on this thread really need to start going to the rugby. Get a grip.

Tricla
21-02-2011, 04:55 PM
It seems that you can't have a bit of banter these days without offending someone.

I was at the game yesterday and I thought the Hibs fans were terrific from start to finish and some of the chants were hilarious.

Anyone who was offended by anything sang yesterday or who thought it was cringeworthy is devoid of a sense of humour.

IMO

Dashing Bob S
21-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Young chaps role - be as offensive as possible by singing tasteless ditties.

Middle aged chaps role - a non-comital ironic smile unless pished, then a) join in with gusto b) work out some personal psychosis by turning on the singers and denouncing them.

Old chaps role - moan and express disgust about everything.

The idea that nobody should ever take offense at anything ever is perhaps the most offensive notion of all time. And inherently ridiculous.

Thank god for unruly teens (of all ages) - what a drag life would be without them.

Leishy1995
21-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Can I have a pm, I want to know the songs but nobody can post them so can somebody send the Sodje song, the nish song and the paalson song

:cgwa

RIP
21-02-2011, 05:28 PM

Middle aged chaps role - a non-comital ironic smile unless pished, then a) join in with gusto b) work out some personal psychosis by turning on the singers and denouncing them.

The idea that nobody should ever take offense at anything ever is perhaps the most offensive notion of all time. And inherently ridiculous.

Thank god for unruly teens (of all ages) - what a drag life would be without them.

One of the most ridiculous (and funny posts) of the year so far!!

Try a visit to the Singing Section DBS. In there you will find old chaps, middle aged chaps, young chaps, ladees and bairns. Taking into account the overall demographic of the Hibs support I'd hazard a guess that our singers are a fairly representative cross-section.

It's nothing whatsoever to do with age and it's everything to do with attitude. It's about acting radge, havin a laugh, enjoying the banter. This season we have been able to that all the way through every match - either in the East or away.

As a fellow oldie said to me recently after his first visit to S43 - "It's just like the terracing!!"

Yours
A Mental Hibee :greengrin

.Sean.
21-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Imo the jeffries' wife song is way worse than the mercer song.How can a ditty about a smelly gooch be worse than a song about Mercer's death?

Calm it.

Phil D. Rolls
21-02-2011, 06:11 PM
You'd think some fuds would have enough of fuddley sports songs
But I fuggin look around me and see it isn\t true
All you need to write a fuddley sports song
Is a sexist slur or sweary word or two

Removed
21-02-2011, 07:04 PM
How can a ditty about a smelly gooch be worse than a song about Mercer's death?

Calm it.

For a woman I'd say the accusation of a fishy beaver has to be the worst insult, whether it's true or not.

Hibs90
21-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Someone PM me the words please. :greengrin

snooky
21-02-2011, 09:57 PM

Have we met, Bob? :cool2:

ArabHibee
21-02-2011, 10:10 PM
How can a ditty about a smelly gooch be worse than a song about Mercer's death?

Calm it.

:rolleyes:

greenlex
22-02-2011, 03:38 AM
You'd think some fuds would have enough of fuddley sports songs
But I fuggin look around me and see it isn\t true
All you need to write a fuddley sports song
Is a sexist slur or sweary word or two
Very McCartneyesque. :aok:

R'Albin
22-02-2011, 06:25 AM
Someone PM me the wordos please. :greengrin

And me as well please :wink:

gf77
22-02-2011, 12:03 PM
And me as well please :wink:

and me! ta!

TamHibs
22-02-2011, 12:29 PM
and me! ta!

And me! Cheers

mouvran
22-02-2011, 12:32 PM
And me! Cheers

likewise :greengrin

Hibee87
22-02-2011, 12:53 PM
likewise :greengrin

ditto :thumbsup:

Leishy1995
22-02-2011, 05:08 PM

Aye, me too <3 GGTTH

therealgavmac
22-02-2011, 06:15 PM
For a woman I'd say the accusation of a fishy beaver has to be the worst insult, whether it's true or not.

Thanks B, keyboard now covered in coffee!

Slicer
23-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Me too thanks! :thumbsup:

Ritchie
23-02-2011, 10:51 AM
would someone be kind enough to PM me the jefferies and nish chants....

im intrigued. :wink:

Deek01
23-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Can I get a pm with the words to this song
:greengrin

easty
23-02-2011, 01:46 PM
would someone be kind enough to PM me the jefferies and nish chants....

im intrigued. :wink:

And me...

Hibs90
23-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Still waiting on a PM :greengrin

_hucks_
23-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Translate yourself, to the tune of 'we've played in south morroco...'!

Jeffries wife is a woman of ill repute, and her lady-garden has the aroma of aquatic creatures,
and when she and her husband are intimate,
her thoughts turn to one of our much maligned musselburgh based strikers

(ps, Killie used to sing it for him with Posh Spice and David Beckham playing the roles of Jeffries and his misses)

McKenzie
24-02-2011, 11:32 AM

Jeffries wife is a woman of ill repute, and her lady-garden has the aroma of aquatic creatures,

(ps, Killie used to sing it for him with Posh Spice and David Beckham playing the roles of Jeffries and his misses)
beautifully done :top marks

blackpoolhibs
24-02-2011, 11:34 AM

Ah i get it now. :greengrin :top marks

Sunny1875
24-02-2011, 11:49 AM

me too for words

Removed
24-02-2011, 12:08 PM

:confused:

Is that a different version? The one I heard I thought was more of a "my old man's a dustman...." tune