PDA

View Full Version : Now For The Top Four

Dashing Bob S
20-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Seems like a poor game but we've now got traction, and are playing with organisation, power and commitment. Sadly, that's about all you need in a joke of a league.

We should be looking to climb this table of deadbeats, make the top six at the split and finish 4th.

Keith_M
20-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Seems like a poor game but we've now got traction, and are playing with organisation, power and commitment. Sadly, that's about all you need in a joke of a league.

We should be looking to climb this table of deadbeats, make the top six at the split and finish 4th.

What exactly HAVE you been drinking?

:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
20-02-2011, 06:42 PM
What exactly HAVE you been drinking?

:greengrin

Okay...let's set our sights on staying in the bottom four. It's the SPL, not La Liga!

Liam89
20-02-2011, 06:45 PM
I'll be secretly be gutted if we make the top six as I didn't put a bet on it when the odds were 80/1!

Hibercelona
20-02-2011, 06:46 PM
I'd be gobsmacked if we finished 4th.

We should be aiming for at least 3rd. :agree:

Aubenas
20-02-2011, 06:47 PM
When we were playing crap we were saying that it was frustrating that you didn't have to be very good to do well in this league, but we couldn't even manage that. Today we had shape, commitment, some skill and determination. And it got us a result. It wasn't pretty, but it worked - which is what, I think, CC promised when he came. Third away win of the season, first in Paisley since 99. No reason not to be optimistic - especially when teams above us have horrendous backlogs and some have yet to have their dip GGTH:flag:
PS free beans with pies today - how much better does it get????:greengrin

woodythehibee
20-02-2011, 06:51 PM
only 9 points off 5th :wink:

ScottB
20-02-2011, 06:54 PM
When we were playing crap we were saying that it was frustrating that you didn't have to be very good to do well in this league, but we couldn't even manage that. Today we had shape, commitment, some skill and determination. And it got us a result. It wasn't pretty, but it worked - which is what, I think, CC promised when he came. Third away win of the season, first in Paisley since 99. No reason not to be optimistic - especially when teams above us have horrendous backlogs and some have yet to have their dip GGTH:flag:
PS free beans with pies today - how much better does it get????:greengrin

The fact we haven't won there since '99, and places like ICT ever, shows the reality. Much 'prettier' Hibs sides have went to these places and got kicked off the park.

I'd rather we went those places and did what was necessary to get the 3 points, than go, try and play it on the deck and get booted out of the match.

Can we get into the top 6? It's hard to say, not because I don't think we can get the points, but because we will be reliant on others slipping up, of our remaining games, only ICT, Hearts and Celtic are top 6 opposition, so we can't even take points of our rivals directly, so we will have to hope results go our way elsewhere. Obviously ICT are on a slide, but there's Dundee United and all their games in hand to take into account.

At the least we probably need to take maximum points from the home match with ICT and the two games against Hamilton, that leaves I think games against St Johnstone, Hearts and Celtic. I reckon to reach the top 6 we are probably gonna need another 12 - 15 points to be sure.

Arch Stanton
20-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Okay...let's set our sights on staying in the bottom four. It's the SPL, not La Liga!

On the other hand we could consider it a job well done if we make the middle four - given the circumstances I mean.

Maybe even hope to make the top six - but anyone putting money on that is daft in my book.

Reaper
20-02-2011, 07:29 PM
We should definitely be looking up the way now but I'd settle for 7th.

marinello59
20-02-2011, 07:44 PM

That will do for starters.:agree: Next week's Green Day initiative should see our fan base reach that all important 400K mark. Throw some asbestos about the West Stand and offer free Lobotomys to everybody purchasing a season ticket next year and we will be right up there with the big boys.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-02-2011, 08:22 PM
I am content to watch us playing that way to get us out of trouble and as a plan b it would be ok, but even in the SPL, grunt and punt will only get you so far. What I would say though, is that there are teams in and around the top six that have not had their sticky bit yet and I would expect ICT and Killie to be heading south sometime soon.

--------
20-02-2011, 08:23 PM
I am content to watch us playing that way to get us out of trouble and as a plan b it would be ok, but even in the SPL, grunt and punt will only get you so far. What I would say though, is that there are teams in and around the top six that have not had their sticky bit yet and I would expect ICT and Killie to be heading south sometime soon.

Starting next week, I understand...

What the result of the match will be, of course, I have no idea... :rolleyes:

billbee
20-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Must be worrying the Killie - Mixu there the day! told him to sit in the stand :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
20-02-2011, 09:00 PM

Keep taking the tablets.

NURSE! :greengrin

hfc rd
20-02-2011, 09:26 PM
I say if we manage to win our next 3 games (Inverness, Hamilton and St Johnstone) and hope that the teams above us start to have their dip in form then we do have a good chance for the top 6. But having said that, we need to make sure that when the teams above do slip up, then we have to take full advantage of it and win. Failure to do so will just be a waste of time when you aren't taking advantage of favours from elsewhere. Anyways I would be happy with a 7th-8th place finish considering the terrible poor run we had been on prior to the home victory against St Mirren. But anyways here's hoping we go one better and finish in 5th-6th. It is possible but it's up to the team to keep up this good consistent run and get favours from elsewhere.

Dashing Bob S
20-02-2011, 10:57 PM
That will do for starters.:agree: Next week's Green Day initiative should see our fan base reach that all important 400K mark. Throw some asbestos about the West Stand and offer free Lobotomys to everybody purchasing a season ticket next year and we will be right up there with the big boys.

Fair enough, but I'd be much happier if we could also twirl our scarves above our heads like daft wee bairns, and perhaps think about taking a registered sex offender or two of the unemployment list.