PDA

View Full Version : Dickoh

hibsbollah
20-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Has he had a fair ride from the Hibs fans so far? Hes never going to be Sauzee but im learning to appreciate him. Committed and decent at set pieces.

Jack
20-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Has he had a fair ride from the Hibs fans so far? Hes never going to be Sauzee but im learning to appreciate him. Committed and decent at set pieces.

:aok:

maturehibby
20-02-2011, 04:11 PM
If the Knobs at the SFA hadnt overturned the ordering off from last saturday we would probanly have lost today however justice was seen to be done when he scored .
Bet you Jambo Sorbie who got him sent off will be spewing now (Linesman) from last week

discman
20-02-2011, 04:20 PM
:greengrin

Liked him from the start,our back 5 begining to looked settled,Dickoh and Hanlon best pairing at the back and will only get better as will Towell and Booth in the fullback positions,but Dickoh top man :greengrin

Hibercelona
20-02-2011, 04:27 PM
He was ok today.

The best we can hope from the level of defenders we sign is that they don't make daft blips during games. And none of them did today. So well done to all the lads at the back today.

He done well for the goal, but so did Hanlon.

PC Stamp
20-02-2011, 04:30 PM
If the Knobs at the SFA hadnt overturned the ordering off from last saturday we would probanly have lost today however justice was seen to be done when he scored .
Bet you Jambo Sorbie who got him sent off will be spewing now (Linesman) from last week

He should be even more spewing with no games and no money for at least 3 matches so poor was his decision.

--------
20-02-2011, 04:32 PM
He should be even more spewing with no games and no money for at least 3 matches so poor was his decision.

:agree:

But then we had a referee with (I think) a better view - who allowed Sorbie to change the decision he (the ref) had already made...

random sub
20-02-2011, 04:34 PM

Think he has had a fair ride to be honest.

Some of our defending this season has been a shambles, particularly with simple long balls in from wide where most other teams would have that sort of thing covered. The fans have been a bit tetchy but haven't got on his back...and he has been getting his game despite some poorish performances.

So, well done the day Dickoh, onwards and upwards son:aok:

maturehibby
20-02-2011, 04:46 PM
As said he is has a good understanding with Hanlon and his old heid is bringing the lad on and passing his experience on .
Can you imagine the age of the defence without him in as the rest are on average about 20

PeterboroHibee
20-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Im still not convinced by him. While we kept a clean sheet today, the defence was all over the place at times. He adds a physical presence that the others dont have, but I think hes very unpredictable and prone to silly errors.

Scored the goal that won the game today, great, but its his performances week in week out at the back Im concerned with and still think the defence looks shaky. Hopefully if we keep a settled back 4 they get used to each, and Id love to be proven wrong by him, but still a bit unsure.

Reaper
20-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Not the best defender I've seen and makes basic mistakes but a free transfer, so sometimes you have to accept what it says on the tin. He's at his best when he remembers he's not too technically gifted and does the basics. One I find though is he always looks to give 100% and has desire to win the ball at set pieces.

Well done today big man.:thumbsup:

lucky
20-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Not the best defender I've seen and makes basic mistakes but a free transfer, so sometimes you have to accept what it says on the tin. He's at his best when he remembers he's not too technically gifted and does the basics. One I find though is he always looks to give 100% and has desire to win the ball at set pieces.

Well done today big man.:thumbsup:

Agree with this, he is a trier but at times his positioning is awful and gets caught out.

hibsbollah
20-02-2011, 06:10 PM

The fans have been a bit tetchy but haven't got on his back...and he has been getting his game despite some poorish performances.

:

Fair enough. I've heard that old chestnut 'bombscare' a few times this season...just wondered if we thought it was still justified.

Brooster
20-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Dickoh was Hibs best player today in my opinion. Well played big yin.

Bishop Hibee
20-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Important goal today and gives 100% but I'll be worried if CC doesn't bring in a better CH to play alongside Hanlon in the close season. We need him fit and at his best for the rest of the season though as we are threadbare in his position.

scoopyboy
20-02-2011, 06:37 PM
He played well today and recently has been decent.

He might squeeze a 1 year deal but I hope if he does it will be as a squad player as I would hate to think we didn't get a better centre half in for next season.

--------
20-02-2011, 07:07 PM

He might squeeze a 1 year deal but I hope if he does it will be as a squad player as I would hate to think we didn't get a better centre half in for next season.

A player who works hard and tries can be forgiven a lot - for a while.

But we do need a good steady consistent CH alongside Paul Hanlon. I'm not convinced that FD is that man. All credit, though - he does give 100% and he did score a vital goal today. Shut-out can't be bad, either.

Mind you, Hanlon's come on immensely in the last few months.

hibsbollah
20-02-2011, 07:21 PM
A player who works hard and tries can be forgiven a lot - for a while.

But we do need a good steady consistent CH alongside Paul Hanlon. I'm not convinced that FD is that man. All credit, though - he does give 100% and he did score a vital goal today. Shut-out can't be bad, either.

Mind you, Hanlon's come on immensely in the last few months.

Our defence is certainly doing something right. I guess whether you think thats down to cc, hanlon,dickoh,the full backs, stack,the midfield or a combination of all depends on your point of view/prejudices.

BEEJ
20-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Our defence is certainly doing something right. I guess whether you think thats down to cc, hanlon,dickoh,the full backs, stack,the midfield or a combination of all depends on your point of view/prejudices.
It was interesting to hear CC in his post-match interview speak of the back 5 (back four plus Palsson) as being a unit and how they were performing 'reasonably well'.

He also spoke of 'areas for improvement' to be worked on at training, which was encouraging.

--------
20-02-2011, 07:42 PM

I think it's a combination of all these factors, actually.

CC seems to be capable of organising the defence - if the guys know what's expected of them, they've a better chance of doing their job properly.

The full-backs have helped, I think - it's a long time since we've been as happy with our wide defenders as we are just now.

The midfield's challenging for the ball now, and seems capable of holding it, too, while they're also prepared to fall back and help out when the back 4 (or 5) is under pressure.

Stack, of all our keepers, is the most confident, IMO; he talks to his defenders a lot more than Smith or Brown; and if he does make a mistake he seems able to put it out of his mind immediately. I think he's made a huge difference.

Hanlon's developing into a more than decent centre-half, IMO, and Dickoh puts in the effort that makes up for his lack of polish - Beckenbauer he ain't, but he's keen, and he works, and he's not nearly as bad as one or two have made out in these forums. I'd rather have Pujol, tbh, but since Barca aren't going to release him any time soon, I'll settle for Big Frankie for the time being.

Who knows - by the end of the season he may have improved out of all recognition...

The Hurricane
20-02-2011, 07:47 PM

correct assessment :aok:

hfc rd
20-02-2011, 08:36 PM

I agree. He was really good today and scored the goal that ended our Paisley hoodoo. However we all know that he can have his moments and when he does, it just puts your heart into your mouth. But a 1 year deal as a squad player like you just said is just about what I would give him at this moment of time and I hope Calderwood does bring a few defenders in this summer as there are bound to be at least 1 or 2 good defenders available at the end of the season.

Bad Martini
20-02-2011, 09:01 PM

Some of our defending this season has been a shambles, particularly with simple long balls in from wide where most other teams would have that sort of thing covered. The fans have been a bit tetchy but haven't got on his back...and he has been getting his game despite some poorish performances.

So, well done the day Dickoh, onwards and upwards son:aok:

Agreed 100%.

If he can speed up a bit and sort more passes, he'll do fine.

We'll take the goal today for starters tho...onwards and upwards, as the poster above sais :thumbsup:

matty_f
20-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Agreed 100%.

If he can speed up a bit and sort more passes, he'll do fine.

We'll take the goal today for starters tho...onwards and upwards, as the poster above sais :thumbsup:

Aldo
21-02-2011, 08:49 AM
I think it's a combination of all these factors, actually.

CC seems to be capable of organising the defence - if the guys know what's expected of them, they've a better chance of doing their job properly.

The full-backs have helped, I think - it's a long time since we've been as happy with our wide defenders as we are just now.

The midfield's challenging for the ball now, and seems capable of holding it, too, while they're also prepared to fall back and help out when the back 4 (or 5) is under pressure.

Stack, of all our keepers, is the most confident, IMO; he talks to his defenders a lot more than Smith or Brown; and if he does make a mistake he seems able to put it out of his mind immediately. I think he's made a huge difference.

Hanlon's developing into a more than decent centre-half, IMO, and Dickoh puts in the effort that makes up for his lack of polish - Beckenbauer he ain't, but he's keen, and he works, and he's not nearly as bad as one or two have made out in these forums. I'd rather have Pujol, tbh, but since Barca aren't going to release him any time soon, I'll settle for Big Frankie for the time being.

Who knows - by the end of the season he may have improved out of all recognition...

From what I have seen of CC previous teams, Northampton, Forrest they have based their game on not conceeding goals and getting one at the other end.

He had 28 clean sheets in 50 or so games for Northampton when they were promoted.

that would do me. I would think he has a new CH lined up for next season however credit to Dichoh (spl) he has been steady and 1 goal conceeded in 3 games will do for me...o and more importantly 9 points. Long may this continue.

Arch Stanton
21-02-2011, 09:16 AM
From what I have seen of CC previous teams, Northampton, Forrest they have based their game on not conceeding goals and getting one at the other end.

He had 28 clean sheets in 50 or so games for Northampton when they were promoted.

that would do me. I would think he has a new CH lined up for next season however credit to Dichoh (spl) he has been steady and 1 goal conceeded in 3 games will do for me...o and more importantly 9 points. Long may this continue.

Dickoh would be pretty useful on the bench in that case as, from my view, he is pretty good up front as well.

For all CC is defensive minded, the fact he is playing with 2 attack-minded full backs means that Dickoh is having to up his game (which, fortunately he is IMO). I would think that the next time we play DU he won't get caught out the same way!

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Having a decent keeper makes a huge difference imo why we are defending better. That and 2 better full backs also helps. Plus having a midfield that actually tracks back and puts in a challenge helps.

Stack for me has made a huge difference, he has done ever so well, and has a calming influence on the field AND in the stands. :wink:

J-C
21-02-2011, 10:17 AM

I think the fact we have a midfield that now actually keeps the ball and also makes challenges takes the pressure of the defense, wasn't surprising that nearly all of CC's signings were midfielders.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2011, 10:24 AM
I think the fact we have a midfield that now actually keeps the ball and also makes challenges takes the pressure of the defense, wasn't surprising that nearly all of CC's signings were midfielders.

Skanko79
21-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Although i feel we look a wee bit unsettled at the back at times i think big Franny is doing quite well, i think we could still do with a really experienced head at the back though. I also think the fact he (Dickoh) was voted the worst player in the dutch top flight are way of the mark, He's decent.

Craig_HFC
21-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Although i feel we look a wee bit unsettled at the back at times i think big Franny is doing quite well, i think we could still do with a really experienced head at the back though. I also think the fact he (Dickoh) was voted the worst player in the dutch top flight are way of the mark, He's decent.

Better than De Graaf anyway.

Stevie Reid
22-02-2011, 09:26 AM
I think he's the kind of player that we would look at and admire his no nonsense approach if he were playing for a lesser SPL club. Both him and Hanlon are guilty at times of letting balls bounce in the wrong areas, but to be fair, both seem to clean up their messes fairly well.

I, like others, hope that we will ultimately have a better alternative lined up for the coming season, but the partnership that has emerged over the last 3 games has done just fine.

Expecting Rain
22-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Nice to see a bit of appreciation for Dickoh, long may it continue.

JimBHibees
22-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Having a decent keeper makes a huge difference imo why we are defending better. That and 2 better full backs also helps. Plus having a midfield that actually tracks back and puts in a challenge helps.

Stack for me has made a huge difference, he has done ever so well, and has a calming influence on the field AND in the stands. :wink:

Totally agree Stack's confidence is a major plus in the improvement in defence.

hibsbollah
06-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Another good display from Francis 'begbie' Dickoh yesterday. We have a player, suddenly.

Winston Ingram
06-03-2011, 08:07 PM
I rate the guy. He's been fairly solid for a while now:agree:

allmodcons
06-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Another good display from Francis 'begbie' Dickoh yesterday. We have a player, suddenly.

:agree: Our best player at Perth yesterday.

Looked really solid against a strong physical side who were throwing a lot of high balls into our penalty area. Like much of the team, Dickoh appears to be growing in confidence week on week.

Shrekko
06-03-2011, 08:36 PM
:agree: Our best player at Perth yesterday.

Looked really solid against a strong physical side who were throwing a lot of high balls into our penalty area. Like much of the team, Dickoh appears to be growing in confidence week on week.

Think he was excellent yesterday.

He's a bit slow on the turn but that can be overcome with good positioning and I think the more he settles and the more the team stays settled, the better he will become.

Yogi must have definitely seen one of his better YouTube videos when scouting him :greengrin