PDA

View Full Version : Zemmama

Frogga
19-02-2011, 09:03 PM
...Came on for Boro at Millwall today after 58mins, set up two goals and was given MOM. Good start for the wee man!

As a side note, there was crowd trouble in this game with Millwall fans throwing a bottle at the Boro keeper when he was down and the Boro players being held in the stadium after the game due to crowd trouble outside the stadium.

Heard all this from a Boro fan.

essexhibee
19-02-2011, 09:08 PM
I saw the goals on SSN and thought it looked like him. Two great assists . A lovely through ball after some great skill for mcdonalds goal. Then fantastic cross for lita header. Typical zouma skill.

I miss him :(

Ritchie
19-02-2011, 09:13 PM
I saw the goals on SSN and thought it looked like him. Two great assists . A lovely through ball after some great skill for mcdonalds goal. Then fantastic cross for lita header. Typical zouma skill.

I miss him :(

I bet the physio misses him more....

Tha Cabbage Kid
19-02-2011, 09:21 PM
...Came on for Boro at Millwall today after 58mins, set up two goals and was given MOM. Good start for the wee man!

As a side note, there was crowd trouble in this game with Millwall fans throwing a bottle at the Boro keeper when he was down and the Boro players being held in the stadium after the game due to crowd trouble outside the stadium.

he didnt get MOM award but they are all talking about the wee man!

shame he's gone.

hibsbollah
19-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Absolutely delighted.

joebakerforever
19-02-2011, 09:55 PM
If I can keep the eyelids open I'll watch it on the Football League Show tonight, though I invariably suffer from sleeping sickness at that time :greengrin

Mon Dieu4
19-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Absolutely delighted.

Clap, clap Noodle time!!

cheltenhamhibee
19-02-2011, 10:21 PM
http://www.footballforums.net/forums/showthread.php/271409-Millwall-v-Middlesbrough

some good things said here about the wee man, good luck to him

Woody70x2
19-02-2011, 10:29 PM
http://www.footballforums.net/forums/showthread.php/271409-Millwall-v-Middlesbrough

some good things said here about the wee man, good luck to him

So that's two of our players that we taking us close to relegation lightening up the Championshio :deal:

hfc rd
19-02-2011, 10:42 PM
His teenage wife might be kinda pissed off with all this fiasco of being a wag (except seeing Zouma's payslip he is currently bringing into the house). First with the visa problem and then moving to Edinburgh with their newborn son and trying to settle into a new country with a completely different lifestyle from her own and then having to take it easy with Zouma's injuries at Hibs and then having to move to another club and country and city and try to settle in their again. She must be going f****** nuts with all of this travelling and having to settle into a brand new and much more different environment where she was brought up in.

Anyways well done to the wee man today!!!

Iggy Pope
19-02-2011, 11:17 PM
His teenage wife might be kinda pissed off with all this fiasco of being a wag (except seeing Zouma's payslip he is currently bringing into the house). First with the visa problem and then moving to Edinburgh with their newborn son and trying to settle into a new country with a completely different lifestyle from her own and then having to take it easy with Zouma's injuries at Hibs and then having to move to another club and country and city and try to settle in their again. She must be going f****** nuts with all of this travelling and having to settle into a brand new and much more different environment where she was brought up in.

Anyways well done to the wee man today!!!

And now she is stuck in Middlesbrough! The tolerance of this woman.

However! Praise Allah that the wee man never signed for Rangers or Celtic. We can justify our love rather than our hatred for him
:not worth

Edit - just spotted him sneaking out of the defensive wall at Millwall's equaliser for 2-2. Destined to win the game for the Boro' in the end though

Holmesdale Hibs
19-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Absolutely delighted.

I'm not. Millwall are my local team these days and that result makes getting in the playoffs very difficult.

Don't care what happens to zemamma. A good player on his day but was really disappointed how quickly he left after all the 'I want to repay Hibs fans' quotes in the paper.

Judas Iscariot
19-02-2011, 11:56 PM
We'll not see anyone as talented as Zouma in a Hibs top for a long, long time..

Iggy Pope
19-02-2011, 11:58 PM

Or as intermittent

Holmesdale Hibs
20-02-2011, 12:04 AM

Riordan is a far better player and if Zemamma is as good as it gets then there are worrying times ahead. He was a good player and worthy of a first team place but let's not get carried away.

BroxburnHibee
20-02-2011, 12:10 AM

Not for the first time history being re-written on this board.

Zouma was a good player but hardly ever put a string of decent performances together and contributed nothing when he eventually got back into the team.

He may well have been talented but we only ever got to see brief glimpses.

iwasthere1972
20-02-2011, 12:11 AM

A good player on his day but far too inconsistent. The times that he was either on the treatment table or away on loan would suggest that we didn't get the best out of him. A luxury we couldn't afford to keep.

Wish him well in the championship though.

Judas Iscariot
20-02-2011, 12:13 AM
Riordan is a far better player and if Zemamma is as good as it gets then there are worrying times ahead. He was a good player and worthy of a first team place but let's not get carried away.

I am easily one of Derek's biggest fans but he's nowhere near as talented a footballer as what Zouma is..

LancashireHibby
20-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Bamba somehow transferred in to a right winger last night as well to set up Leicester's first goal against Bristol City.

ScottB
20-02-2011, 12:49 AM

Good to see another Hibs player pulling the finger out after they've left.

Randerson_4
20-02-2011, 12:50 AM
Not long seen this on football league show. 2 great assists, slightly different but great

As for Millwall fans, as disappointing as it is are we surprised with those jokers!!

givescotlandfreedom
20-02-2011, 01:17 AM
He's irrelevant now, can play when he wants to but that's for Middlesborough to find out. I'm glad we seem to have inherited some fighters into our team now.

Iain G
20-02-2011, 08:32 AM

Victor Palsson anyone? :wink:

essexhibee
20-02-2011, 08:51 AM
I am easily one of Derek's biggest fans but he's nowhere near as talented a footballer as what Zouma is..

I agree. Leaving aside the technicalities of appearances and injury, in terms of sheer skill and ability I think zouma just trumps feel. We won't see a skilled player like that again in a while.

scoopyboy
20-02-2011, 09:12 AM
I agree. Leaving aside the technicalities of appearances and injury, in terms of sheer skill and ability I think zouma just trumps feel. We won't see a skilled player like that again in a while.

Don't you think the technicalties of appearances and injury are relevant though?

I agree he is talented but wasn't doing enough for me, he flattered to deceive the entire time he was here or out on loan.

If you take what we paid him divided by the number of games he was effective in he was one costly experience.

matty_f
20-02-2011, 09:12 AM
He's irrelevant now, can play when he wants to but that's for Middlesborough to find out. I'm glad we seem to have inherited some fighters into our team now.
:agree:
We lost one of our best players but still improved the team, IMHO.

A good team is greater than the sum of it's parts, we are getting closer to that point now, I think.

greenlex
20-02-2011, 09:20 AM
If he can stay of the treatment table he could do very well down there. I think thecpace is more to his liking. Good luck to the laddie.

BroxburnHibee
20-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Don't you think the technicalties of appearances and injury are relevant though?

I agree he is talented but wasn't doing enough for me, he flattered to deceive the entire time he was here or out on loan.

If you take what we paid him divided by the number of games he was effective in he was one costly experience.

Go back a few months on here and you would find quite a few people saying we would be a lot better when he returned - how did that work out?

jdships
20-02-2011, 10:12 AM

A good team is greater than the sum of it's parts, we are getting closer to that point now, I think.

:top marks

Mac
20-02-2011, 10:18 AM

Think you are being slightly blinkered by your love for Zemmama it would appear.

Undoubtedly has bags of talent, when he first joined us John Park was raving about how lucky we were to get him, initially he was incredible but as the seasons have gone on he has been very injury prone and hasnt really had an impact in many matches, i dont see him as a huge loss as he will again become inconsistent and no doubt injuries will again blight his career, Zemmama is a commodity we cannt afford and happy to swap him for a player like Palsson.

PeterboroHibee
20-02-2011, 10:36 AM

We barely saw him in a Hibs top... Dont get me wrong, I loved Zemmama, but thats a pretty bold statement youve made. Zemmama had all the tricks and nice bits of skill, and when hes on form he was hugely entertaining to watch, but that doesnt mean we wont find a more talented player in his, or another position.

Holmesdale Hibs
20-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Not long seen this on football league show. 2 great assists, slightly different but great

As for Millwall fans, as disappointing as it is are we surprised with those jokers!!

I've been to a few Millwall games this year and have never seen any trouble. Wasn't at the game yesterday and not questioning your mates side of the story but the majority of millwall fans are alright and the games I have been to have had a good atmosphere and a lot of families going to watch their local team.

I think millwall are a bit like St mirren or motherwell in the sense that their fans deserve credit for supporting their local team and not following a more glamerous team (if you can call the OF glamerous) up the road. Yes there are a few nobs but the ratio with genuine fans is not much different from any other support.

ozzie
20-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Victor Palsson anyone? :wink:

i agree palsson looks to be the next biggest talent at er, i'm just worried that he will be gone well before his 18 months are up. we need to enjoy him while hes here.

Keith_M
20-02-2011, 10:46 AM
And then, of course, there was Ramadan.....

:duck:

:greengrin

FromTheCapital
20-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Sodje! :wink: :aok: :not worth

Craig_in_Prague
20-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Going down there where he'll be an unknown and not a whole lot expected of him, might see the wee man flourish..... and no matter how good a player is both club and players need to part ways for fresh starts at times.

He always tried for us and it's a real pity we never seen enough of his talent.
He's move on and glad to see him start well for 'Boro and I wish him all the best.

Onwards and upwards for the Hibees too though :flag:

Hibs90
20-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Wee prick still owes us! He said it himself.

Luna_Asylum
20-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Wee prick still owes us! He said it himself.

Or you had difficulty in understanding what he said?

Hibs90
20-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Or you had difficulty in understanding what he said?

Not at all. Great player when he was playing. Easily one of our best and I really hope he does well, but he still owes us on the pitch.

--------
20-02-2011, 01:06 PM

We didn't see him in a Hibs top very often when he was a Hibs player, mate. :rolleyes:

Luna_Asylum
20-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Not at all. Great player when he was playing. Easily one of our best and I really hope he does well, but he still owes us on the pitch.

why then is he a wee prick?

Hibs90
20-02-2011, 01:15 PM
why then is he a wee prick?

Like I said, he still owes us. Therfore he is a prick. :wink:

steakbake
20-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Saw some good stuff from zemmama when he was on his game. Reckon pallson is a more complete footballer than him. He was a good part time player on a full time contract.

.Sean.
20-02-2011, 01:35 PM
**** Zemamma. Looked after him then he jumped ship at the nearest opportunity.

jacomo
20-02-2011, 02:49 PM

Presumably Zouma only played well in the 2007 cup final because Riordan had told him what to do?

BEEJ
20-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Presumably Zouma only played well in the 2007 cup final because Riordan had told him what to do?
To be fair, Zouma was only on the pitch for 11 minutes plus add-on time.

big-mo
20-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Did anyone else notice that he was playing with a number 5 on his shirt, I never thought of him as a defender.

Did any one see Sky Goals on Sunday when they had covered the Boro' game, back in the studio Chris Kamara spilt his tea over himself, the co-host said something like, 'did you burn your leg?', Kamara 'It's was something bigger than my leg' .....pause....
'no, I mean my bum'.
It is a cert to be on one of these out-take programs.

7Hero
20-02-2011, 09:06 PM
another thread on an ex player, why bother ? support the team not the ex team...

Viva_Palmeiras
20-02-2011, 09:12 PM
We slate folks for lacking ambition and Zouma's off down South and gets it in the neck. Maybe the very reason for his injuries he decided to "jump ship" as he might not get another opportunity.
As others have said unfortunately he did not get enough time on the pitch over the time he was with us and really hand on heart although I was excited by him and entertained by him as a player I dont think that on a number of levels we could truly say he was dependable.
I'll miss him but we missed him out injured! Ramadan was not an issue for him as I recall more Benji.

Maybe through necessity and the change in culture required at the club we are seeing a shift away from "flair players" to team players. If true it wont please all but nothing will. The key will be if overtime we can become consistent enough to partially convert.

I must admit I'm torn however as I've said on other threads I'm fed up with out atrocious records and would like to see us compete with the Yams. I think they have us over a barrel because of the team spirit factor which I see as distinctly lacking in the main since I've started on the terraces in 87.

I hope CC can instill a team spirit and wonder whether individual "stars" get in the way of fostering that as the others are either in their shadow or rely too much on them to pull something out the bag when the chips are down rather than take individual responsibility on the pitch.

Sammy7nil
21-02-2011, 11:51 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9402928.stm

commentator :greengrin
"Zimimimam" :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2011, 01:43 PM
**** Zemamma. Looked after him then he jumped ship at the nearest opportunity.

basehibby
21-02-2011, 03:28 PM

:agree: I was angry that Zemama had been allowed to leave as he was one of our few genuinely technically gifted players and I thought we would miss the creativity he brought to the side.
But it's got to be said that the signings CC has made have strengthened the team where it needed it most - the team looks much better set for a battle now that the midfield has been bolstered with the likes of Palsson and Smith - both decent footballers who are not at all scared of a challenge.

As for Zemama - I bear him no ill will and will follow his career with interest - IMO he would not have lacked for effort if he had been told he was staying at ER until the end of the season - which was something well within the rights of Hibs to demand.

Dashing Bob S
21-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Loved Zemmama, but delighted to read all the vitriol about him and Thomson etc. The day everybody is all nice and mature and start agreeing and talking sense, it'll be time to wrap up this board.

You have to remember that it's football supporting IN SCOTLAND, and therefore we're all technically insane anyway, so no prizes for being the brightest philosopher in the asylum.