PDA

View Full Version : NHC Why is ManU v Crawley a 5:15 kick off

Moulin Yarns
19-02-2011, 01:46 PM
As it says, I'm a bit :confused: as I can't see it on TV anywhere. I've maybe missed it. C'mon the Town :wink:

Mac
19-02-2011, 01:49 PM
As it says, I'm a bit :confused: as I can't see it on TV anywhere. I've maybe missed it. C'mon the Town :wink:

If you have SKY you will find it on ITV Lonodn or whetever it is, 993 i think

Pretty Boy
19-02-2011, 01:49 PM

It's on ITV in England, we get a re-run of Midsomer Murders or something in Scotland.

You will get it on Sky or Virgin though.

Moulin Yarns
19-02-2011, 01:50 PM
If you have SKY you will find it on ITV Lonodn or whetever it is, 993 i think

cheers, I don't look that far down the listings (in case my wife catches me :wink:)

Dashing Bob S
19-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Creepy

Moulin Yarns
19-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Creepy

You've met her :greengrin

iwasthere1972
19-02-2011, 02:12 PM
cheers, I don't look that far down the listings (in case my wife catches me :wink:)

Know what you mean. I accidentally pressed 903 instead of 993 one night and I'll tell you now there was more simulation in the few seconds I watched :wink: than I've witnessed at Easter Road all season.

greenlex
19-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Know what you mean. I accidentally pressed 903 instead of 993 one night and I'll tell you now there was more simulation in the few seconds I watched :wink: than I've witnessed at Easter Road all season.
903 Eh?:greengrin

iwasthere1972
19-02-2011, 03:20 PM
903 Eh?:greengrin

It was just a random number. Don't tell me it's the Gay Channel. :hide:

down-the-slope
19-02-2011, 03:28 PM
:grr::grr::grr:that a real crapper planned my day around watching this given all the hype and beeb pr of having game on live........never even crossed my mind to look at shedule as it seemed certain....

Can I get a refund on my licence.....

Hibercelona
19-02-2011, 03:31 PM
It was just a random number. Don't tell me it's the Gay Channel. :hide:

:na na:

HibbyKeith
19-02-2011, 03:39 PM

Problem solved, :wink:

http://www.livesportontv.com/football

alan1875
19-02-2011, 03:40 PM
What channel is the game on virgin?

2belhaven
19-02-2011, 03:48 PM
What channel is the game on virgin?

Channel 853

alan1875
19-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Channel 853

Thanks, I'm at the Mrs folks and i'm a Sky man.

hibeedonald
19-02-2011, 04:25 PM
if you dont have sky u can just watch the game on the itv website

down-the-slope
19-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Problem solved, :wink:

http://www.livesportontv.com/football

if you dont have sky u can just watch the game on the itv website

Thank you gents :not worth

iwasthere1972
19-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Thanks, I'm at the Mrs folks and i'm a Sky man.

I'm also at the Mrs folks and I'm a breast man. :greengrin

JoeTortolanoFanClub
19-02-2011, 04:41 PM
10 changes to the ManU team. Let's see whether the FA have the balls to fine Fergie in the same way they fined Holloway at Blackpool.

Sylar
19-02-2011, 05:00 PM
10 changes to the ManU team. Let's see whether the FA have the balls to fine Fergie in the same way they fined Holloway at Blackpool.

Different competition - it wasn't the FA who fined Blackpool.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
19-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Different competition - it wasn't the FA who fined Blackpool.

Fair point. Still a bit disrespectful by Fergie though, isn't it ?

iwasthere1972
19-02-2011, 05:12 PM

The difference here is that in the very unlikely event that Crawley win the other teams left in the competition will be as pleased as punch.

Their fans will have a great day even if they get trounced about 8-0.

Sylar
19-02-2011, 05:18 PM

It is and it isn't I suppose. I don't believe Blackpool should have been fined, as the players replacing the "main" first team regulars are obviously good enough to merit a place in the club and indeed a monthly salary.

Man Utd and their fans would argue (rightfully so probably) that these players are the future of Man Utd and this is a good opportunity to see what they can do. With so many games coming up against big clubs in the league/Champions League fixture, it's really no surprise some of the fringe players will get a run out.

I don't think a second string should be unable to cope with Crawley and expect they'll win comfortably, however, I love an underdog story, so I'd like to think they can do the absolutely unthinkable!

iwasthere1972
19-02-2011, 05:19 PM
C'mon the real Red Devils. :wink:

H18sry
19-02-2011, 05:22 PM
come on the creepies :agree:

iwasthere1972
19-02-2011, 05:23 PM
come on the creepies :agree:

:aok:

Good attendance considering. Streets of Dublin and London must be deserted.

greenlex
19-02-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm also at the Mrs folks and I'm a breast man. :greengrin
Mother in Law? :confused:

iwasthere1972
19-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Eon have pledged £200 to "Help the Heroes" for every minute Crawley don't lose a goal plus £10,000. That's £14,000 up to now. :thumbsup:

CB_NO3
19-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Watching the game just now. A massive night for Obertan, Gibson and Bebe, if they cant put on a show tonight I reckon they could be out the door.

Am getting annoyed with the Crawley fans already though, they cheer every single pass, every clearence. I know its a big occasion for them but its pretty annoying, reminds me of they huns from Irvine Meadow.:devil:

Sir David Gray
19-02-2011, 05:45 PM
1-0 United, Brown. :thumbsup:

Iggy Pope
19-02-2011, 05:50 PM

Hardly. It's not that long ago this 'institution' didn't even bother to enter the FA Cup.

ScottB
19-02-2011, 05:58 PM

How so? Surely Man Utd's second string and youth players are as worth a set of opponents and presumably a better quality than who they will face?

In any case, I think managers should be allowed to do what they like, in the grand scheme of things this isn't a big game for a team chasing a title and the Champions League, they shouldn't be forced to play (and risk injury to) their first team players in a match they should be confident of winning without them, and it's hardly a Man U only thing to do, look at Arsenal's usual League Cup sides, or the number of youths Liverpool took to Prague the other night.

ScottB
19-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Hardly. It's not that long ago this 'institution' didn't even bother to enter the FA Cup.

Wasn't it more or less at the FA's request that they went off to the World Club Championship as they were attempting another of their doomed World Cup bids?

Gala Foxes
19-02-2011, 06:06 PM
The Crawley manager looks a bit odd, dodgy highlights in the hair and more make up than Pat Butcher on East Enders - is he making the most of his day in the limelight?

Iggy Pope
19-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Wasn't it more or less at the FA's request that they went off to the World Club Championship as they were attempting another of their doomed World Cup bids?

They were the holders and should have defended their trophy rather than begin it's devaluation like they did.
The FA request could have been easily turned down and any number of games re-arranged to suit.

Sir David Gray
19-02-2011, 06:18 PM
For anyone who thinks Fergie is being disrespectful with his line-up tonight, just have a look at the quality of the players;

Lindegaard-Danish internationalist
Brown-English internationalist
Fabio-Highly rated youngster from Brazil who has played in league and Champions League for United
Rafael-Highly rated youngster from Brazil who has played in league and Champions League for United
O'Shea-Irish internationalist
Anderson-Brazilian internationalist
Carrick-English internationalist
Gibson-Irish internationalist
Hernandez-Mexican internationalist
Obertan-French u-21 internationalist
Bebe-Portuguese u-21 internationalist

With Kuszczak, Smalling, Fletcher and Rooney all on the bench.

Why should Manchester Utd be fined when Ferguson's picking players of that kind of quality? :confused:

Apart from anything else, they have a massive game against Marseille in 4 days' time and with the greatest of respect to Crawley Town, I think that match will be of far greater importance than tonight's match.

ScottB
19-02-2011, 06:20 PM
For anyone who thinks Fergie is being disrespectful with his line-up tonight, just have a look at the quality of the players;

Fabio-Highly rated youngster from Brazil who has played in league and Champions League for United
Rafael-Highly rated youngster from Brazil who has played in league and Champions League for United

Why should Manchester Utd be fined when Ferguson's picking players of that kind of quality? :confused:

Apart from anything else, they have a massive game against Marseille in 4 days' time and with the greatest of respect to Crawley Town, I think that match will be of far greater importance than tonight's match.

Because we seem to have a band of Man Utd haters on here at the moment?

Couldn't care less who they pick myself, but anyone who would argue that line up is somehow wrong or a slap in the face to Crawley Town are nuts.

PaulSmith
19-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Bebe and Obertan, seriously how bad are these two? To think that combined they cost what, nearly 15m?

Iggy Pope
19-02-2011, 06:36 PM

Come on now, When WHU pumped a lot of that squad upside down earlier in the season you dismissed it as a reserve side. I pointed out they had a bit of experience and I don't recall your answer.......

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?198644-Carling-cup&p=2652116&highlight=#post2652116

I don't think they should be fined at all and he can pick whoever he likes, but have you changed your mind about their quality?

H18sry
19-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Crawley bring on Richard Brodie who they paid £300,000 for :wtf::wtf:

Wotherspiniesta
19-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Crawley bring on Richard Brodie who they paid £300,000 for :wtf::wtf:

Crawley should expect a fine for this.

H18sry
19-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Crawley should expect a fine for this.

why?:confused:

Sir David Gray
19-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Come on now, When WHU pumped a lot of that squad upside down earlier in the season you dismissed it as a reserve side. I pointed out they had a bit of experience and I don't recall your answer.......

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?198644-Carling-cup&p=2652116&highlight=#post2652116

I don't think they should be fined at all and he can pick whoever he likes, but have you changed your mind about their quality?

Big difference.

Manchester Utd lost that night and tonight they're winning.

:wink:

In my defence, I think I did admit that the team that was sent out against West Ham should not have lost 4-0.

greenlex
19-02-2011, 06:50 PM
couple of decent chances for the creepys in the last few minutes.

hibee
19-02-2011, 06:57 PM
The Crawley manager looks a bit odd, dodgy highlights in the hair and more make up than Pat Butcher on East Enders - is he making the most of his day in the limelight?

He's a celtic fan

Wotherspiniesta
19-02-2011, 06:58 PM
why?:confused:

They're clearly not playing their strongest team.

Jack
19-02-2011, 06:59 PM

Well my wife has just come in after a hard days shopping. After 10 minutes she's asked me which team is which!
Why is SAF not chugging chewing gum?

Wotherspiniesta
19-02-2011, 07:11 PM
FT 1-0

Man United making harder work of Crawley than they did of Liverpool.

Who next for the champions? :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
19-02-2011, 07:14 PM
FT 1-0

Man United making harder work of Crawley than they did of Liverpool.

Leyton Orient at Old Trafford, after they knock out Arsenal tomorrow. :agree:

Leithenhibby
19-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Leyton Orient at Old Trafford, after they knock out Arsenal tomorrow. :agree:

:na na: Never gonna happen :wink:

Iggy Pope
19-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Big difference.

In my defence, I think I did admit that the team that was sent out against West Ham should not have lost 4-0.

Changed your mind right enough then.
I'm sure if Crawley had got the equaliser they warranted, you would have changed it again.

Sir David Gray
19-02-2011, 07:59 PM
:na na: Never gonna happen :wink:

It's not too late to retract that e-mail, you know! :wink:

essexhibee
19-02-2011, 08:51 PM
What a fantastic effort by the crawley boys.

Brave show and if only that header had hit the other side of the bar.

vanNISHtelroy
19-02-2011, 10:04 PM
How did Wullie Gibson play? Does he still wear those ******ing awful pink boots?

HH81
19-02-2011, 10:07 PM

Champions of what? :confused:

Albanian Hibs
19-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Bebe and Obertan, seriously how bad are these two? To think that combined they cost what, nearly 15m?

:agree: absolute awful. Not the best lookers either :greengrin

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-02-2011, 10:19 PM
How did Wullie Gibson play? Does he still wear those ******ing awful pink boots?

I heard him getting a few mentions, one was he was recently signed from the Pars. Thought he was ok, now't special, not one of Crawley's better players tbh. I always remember him as a tricky wee winger, but didn't really come across that way tonight. :dunno:

Wotherspiniesta
19-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Champions of what? :confused:

Sorry, the soon to be champions of the FA Cup and English Premier League. :aok:

HH81
19-02-2011, 10:35 PM

Lets hope hibs win tomorrow instead, agreed?

Iggy Pope
19-02-2011, 10:53 PM
It's not too late to retract that e-mail, you know! :wink:

Hmmmm. Never too late to answer one either :wink:

Wotherspiniesta
19-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Lets hope hibs win tomorrow instead, agreed?

Obviously. :flag:

Iggy Pope
19-02-2011, 11:01 PM

'You're Man United, You Do What You Want'

That will ring bells, if you've ever been near the place?

PS- Used to be enough just to win the FA Cup. But to be champions of that as well...................Oh dear. And we think the Sparryheids are deluded?

HH81
19-02-2011, 11:14 PM
'You're Man United, You Do What You Want'

That will ring bells, if you've ever been near the place?

PS- Used to be enough just to win the FA Cup. But to. be champions of that as well...................Oh dear. And we think the Sparryheids are deluded?
I take it you like fc united as much as me then.

Iggy Pope
19-02-2011, 11:20 PM
I take it you like fc united as much as me then.

I was unlucky enough to visit Old Trafford earlier this season. I would rather stick pins in my knob than sit amongst those cretins every week.

Wotherspiniesta
19-02-2011, 11:29 PM
:halowitch:

Sir David Gray
19-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Hmmmm. Never too late to answer one either :wink:

:confused: Eh?

Maybe it's because it's late but you've lost me!

Iggy Pope
19-02-2011, 11:35 PM
:halowitch:

Is that a wooosh?
****s a 'Halowitch' when he or she is at home?

Iggy Pope
19-02-2011, 11:43 PM
:confused: Eh?

Maybe it's because it's late but you've lost me!

Can't understand your confusion old chap.
Is it a reserve team or is it not?
You never answered in November (when it seemingly was) and you've managed to avoid answering today (when it seemingly is not).

Iggy Pope
19-02-2011, 11:53 PM

Big difference.

In case it is so late you remain confused.........

Sir David Gray
20-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Can't understand your confusion old chap.
Is it a reserve team or is it not?
You never answered in November (when it seemingly was) and you've managed to avoid answering today (when it seemingly is not).

My previous answer earlier tonight was an attempt at answering your question by using a bit of humour.

To be serious about it, of course on both occasions (against West Ham and Crawley) Manchester Utd have put out a weakened team and to be honest, they probably had a stronger side out against West Ham than they did today.

Losing 4-0 to West Ham was unacceptable, even with the team that United had out that night but there is no getting away from the fact that it was a weakened team.

Tonight was a weakened team as well, I won't try to say otherwise, but it was still a pretty strong side (as I have highlighted already) that most teams in England would love to put out every single week and I don't believe it was weak enough to deserve a fine from the FA.

Pretty Boy
20-02-2011, 12:57 AM
I think the media and so on have made a far bigger deal of poor, wee non league Crawley than what the reality deserves. Gordon Strachan pointed out before the game that Crawleys transfer and wage budget was significantly bigger than anyone in the SPL outwith Rangers and Celtic.

Don't get me wrong i know they were in dire financial straits a year or so back but they are now being bankrolled a la Gretna and they had a £300 000 player on the bench ffs! This is a team that is paying league 1 or 2 wages and are right up there in the conference. They put up a fight against a strongish United team but this isn't a true cup 'fairytale' IMO.

Just hope the real fans enjoyed a great day out and we'll see how many of the 9000+ that were there today other to attend the next home game were the average gate is 1500.

NthCarolinaHibs
20-02-2011, 01:40 AM
Like we never took over 30,000 to the final...and ... :wink:

vanNISHtelroy
20-02-2011, 11:27 AM
I heard him getting a few mentions, one was he was recently signed from the Pars. Thought he was ok, now't special, not one of Crawley's better players tbh. I always remember him as a tricky wee winger, but didn't really come across that way tonight. :dunno:

He was a player like wee Mehdi (before :not worthMixu :not worth came in) ten stepovers too many every time and way more often than not no end product.

Iggy Pope
20-02-2011, 11:30 AM
My previous answer earlier tonight was an attempt at answering your question by using a bit of humour.

To be serious about it, of course on both occasions (against West Ham and Crawley) Manchester Utd have put out a weakened team and to be honest, they probably had a stronger side out against West Ham than they did today.
Losing 4-0 to West Ham was unacceptable, even with the team that United had out that night but there is no getting away from the fact that it was a weakened team.

Tonight was a weakened team as well, I won't try to say otherwise, but it was still a pretty strong side (as I have highlighted already) that most teams in England would love to put out every single week and I don't believe it was weak enough to deserve a fine from the FA.

Thanks.

HibbyAndy
Obertan and Bebe are utter shight.

Crawley were the better side in the 2nd half.

Rooney is a fat bassa and AGAIN showed his thuggery side with a disgraceful kick at a Crawley player.

I hate Man u. FACT.

greenlex
He was a player like wee Mehdi (before :not worthMixu :not worth came in) ten stepovers too many every time and way more often than not no end product.

Flash in the pan? The football might be better to watch but results of late? :greengrin

vanNISHtelroy
20-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Flash in the pan? The football might be better to watch but results of late? :greengrin

Just need to adjust to the loss of Ben Gordon and Conor Sammon,

System doesn't work with wee Garry Hay at left back, been a great servant to the club...think we might need to let him go :boo hoo:. The system worked with Gordon and Hammil playing and providing pace on the flanks.

But we will be just fine thanks mate :wink:

IMWT