PDA

View Full Version : The Behind the goals bar.

Purehibee_MYB
19-02-2011, 12:14 PM
I was in the bar last weekend before the Kilmarnock match. Me and a friend went early to watch the Manchester derby, we both bought a pint, without getting I.D'd then when we were standing watching the TV some guard came up to us and asked us for I.D... We are both from the Isle of Man and moved over for Uni in September so got our manx driving licenses out and this guy said they don't accept them they only accept UK licenses even though the Isle of Man is technically in Great Britain, I got an 18+ card out, and he said they don't accept them either, then I got my student card out and he also said they don't accept that...
After this I said well can we at least finish these pints to which he said "that's the one thing I can't do" so I said well where do I get my refund, and he told me I don't get a refund!

I was absolutely raging, and one of my dad's friends stepped in and had a conversation and still nothing came of it....

What I want to know is what do you think I should do? My dad's friend has written to Hibs, but my emails aren't getting through due to spam..

Has anyone else had this problem? It is close to discrimination for the fact its a manx driving license.

Jack
19-02-2011, 12:26 PM
TBH I think that pretty poor. The security guy should have IDd you before you got your pint; the bar staff should have IDd you before you got your pint and a decision made. Having served you the bar staff has taken the responsibility that you are of age. For the security guy to make a fuss afterwards is wrong, IMO.

PM on way as to who to contact.

down-the-slope
19-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Its an interesting one - technically any bar can refuse to serve anyone without reason.

However they DID serve you - if afterwards they then asked for age ID as they felt you were underage...then are they admitting they served underage and so comitted an offence ...in effect they are(they should have refused at bar)

As regards what constitutes proper ID...thats a minefield. I should be any official (goverment issued) ID that shows date of birth...however that does not prove its actually yours.....and you are still left with bar being able to refuse anyone for any / no reason....

I assume you are ST holders if you were in BTG...your season should have DOB on database :rolleyes:

Mon Dieu4
19-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Its an interesting one - technically any bar can refuse to serve anyone without reason.

However they DID serve you - if afterwards they then asked for age ID as they felt you were underage...then are they admitting they served underage and so comitted an offence ...in effect they are(they should have refused at bar)

As regards what constitutes proper ID...thats a minefield. I should be any official (goverment issued) ID that shows date of birth...however that does not prove its actually yours.....and you are still left with bar being able to refuse anyone for any / no reason....

I assume you are ST holders if you were in BTG...your season should have DOB on database :rolleyes:

Or grow a Petrie like Mouser and it will make you look older :agree:

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Sounds like the Security staff are questioning whether or not the bar staff were right to serve you which they have every right to do if they think you appear to be underage. Not handled very well at all though by the sounds of it.

Just for the record a Full UK Photographic Driving Licence, Valid UK Passport and Any Photographic Identity card bearing the PASS hologram are the only forms of ID that the establishments I am responsible for are allowed to accept as proof of age.

Purehibee_MYB
19-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Sounds like the Security staff are questioning whether or not the bar staff were right to serve you which they have every right to do if they think you appear to be underage. Not handled very well at all though by the sounds of it.

Just for the record a Full UK Driving Licence, Valid UK Passport and Any Identity card bearing the PASS hologaram are the only forms of ID that the establishments I am responsible for are allowed to accept as proof of age.

All my Id's have a Manx govt. hologram because I'm from the Isle of Man...what did they expect from me?? My license gets accepted everywhere else in Edinburgh...it's a joke on their part

iwasthere1972
19-02-2011, 12:49 PM

Just for the record a Full UK Driving Licence, Valid UK Passport and Any Identity card bearing the PASS hologaram are the only forms of ID that the establishments I am responsible for are allowed to accept as proof of age.

I had a Guernsey passport and driving licence for a while after I came back to Edinburgh and that was always accepted up here for ID. Didn't need to show it in the pub as proof of age unfortunately.

Aldo
19-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Jobsworth guard if you ask me. I work in St Andrews and a Stu ID pass any sort of photo id ie Spanish, swiss, american, polish, driving licence etc does for me.

So basically the guy said it was worthless ID however if you were asked to produce your licence to the police then there would be no problem.

Would defo contact the club and I would like to think you would have no problems next time.

crash
19-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Its got F All to do with the Security Guard, he has no right to ask you for ID.

One Day
19-02-2011, 01:43 PM
I stopped going behind the goals because of a run in I had with them. more to do with their attitude as much as whether they were right or wrong

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Its got F All to do with the Security Guard, he has no right to ask you for ID.

Nonsense how do you know what job he has been asked to do on licensed premises?

Admittedly the person serving made the decision to serve however if the Security of the venue has reason to believe that the person may be under age they have every right to ask for ID or they would not be doing their job properly. I have experience of bar staff serving under age friends and quite rightly the Security staff questioned this. Also the reason we only accept the forms of ID I mentioned earlier is because our staff are trained to recognise these ID's. They are not experts on every form of non uk driving licence and ID's from across europe or the world.

calumhibee1
19-02-2011, 01:59 PM

Just for the record a Full UK Photographic Driving Licence, Valid UK Passport and Any Photographic Identity card bearing the PASS hologram are the only forms of ID that the establishments I am responsible for are allowed to accept as proof of age.

Always wondered why it needs to be a valid passport? When your passport expires your date of birth stays the same so I've never understood why an expired passport gets refused? :confused:

iwasthere1972
19-02-2011, 02:20 PM
It's seems to be "Bolt the stable door after the horse has bolted". The OP has already been served by the bar staff who had no problem in serving him. Why a security guard needs to get involved beats me. You wouldn't expect to buy drink in Sainsbury etc and then get stopped by Security on the way out.

Maybe the security guard just fancied a sneaky couple of free pints. :wink:

Jobsworth I say. I hope the OP asked him for some kind of ID. :agree:

Saorsa
19-02-2011, 02:22 PM
It's seems to be "Bolt the stable door after the horse has bolted". The OP has already been served by the bar staff who had no problem in serving him. Why a security guard needs to get involved beats me. You wouldn't expect to buy drink in Sainsbury etc and then get stopped by Security on the way out.

Maybe the security guard just fancied a sneaky couple of free pints. :wink:

Jobsworth I say. I hope the OP asked him for some kind of ID. :agree::agree:

the drink in there is rotten anyway IMO

iwasthere1972
19-02-2011, 02:24 PM
:agree:

I know. It's been passed by the Scottish Brewery Association and it has a certificate. Saying that so does my urine sample that I gave to my doctor last week.

Removed
19-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Most of the BTG bar staff are pretty clueless though in my experience. If they don't know the basics about serving drinks or even what the prices are I doubt they will have been trained on what to do if someone looks borderline for serving them.

Purehibee - were you on the 1st or 2nd floor?

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Always wondered why it needs to be a valid passport? When your passport expires your date of birth stays the same so I've never understood why an expired passport gets refused? :confused:

Yes it's a strange one especially as I believe an expired UK Passport is officially valid as photographic ID for two years following its expiry! The reason my company gives is that an expired passport is more likely to be passed around and used by someone of similar identity, its unlikely that people will allow their valid passports to be used in the same way. This is also the reason why we don't accept provisional licences any more.

Purehibee_MYB
19-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Most of the BTG bar staff are pretty clueless though in my experience. If they don't know the basics about serving drinks or even what the prices are I doubt they will have been trained on what to do if someone looks borderline for serving them.

Purehibee - were you on the 1st or 2nd floor?

I was on the first floor...I'm 19, my friend is 18, we were with a couple of my family friends...one who is 49 and his son who is 15

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-02-2011, 02:39 PM
All my Id's have a Manx govt. hologram because I'm from the Isle of Man...what did they expect from me?? My license gets accepted everywhere else in Edinburgh...it's a joke on their part

That is a complete shambles. You have proof issued by the Manx govt to validate your age, phone the club and get them to sort it out.

scoopyboy
19-02-2011, 02:41 PM
I stopped going behind the goals because of a run in I had with them. more to do with their attitude as much as whether they were right or wrong

I stopped going as well.

Occasionally had to q to get in then when we got in the bar would shut at 2.45pm. Bar staff hopeless, drink poor and ignorant security staff.

I had decided that it would be better to give Hibs the money and hoped all Hibs fans would follow suit. However after a few years I thought to hell with this and once our bus was parked went into the Albion Bar. Now following the Albion closure I'm back to the Loch Inn where I went before BTG opened.

If BTG took a shake I would return as Hibs should be making decent money from the facility but I doubt they are. Stupid really.

basehibby
19-02-2011, 02:42 PM
I was in the bar last weekend before the Kilmarnock match. Me and a friend went early to watch the Manchester derby, we both bought a pint, without getting I.D'd then when we were standing watching the TV some guard came up to us and asked us for I.D... We are both from the Isle of Man and moved over for Uni in September so got our manx driving licenses out and this guy said they don't accept them they only accept UK licenses even though the Isle of Man is technically in Great Britain, I got an 18+ card out, and he said they don't accept them either, then I got my student card out and he also said they don't accept that...
After this I said well can we at least finish these pints to which he said "that's the one thing I can't do" so I said well where do I get my refund, and he told me I don't get a refund!

I was absolutely raging, and one of my dad's friends stepped in and had a conversation and still nothing came of it....

What I want to know is what do you think I should do? My dad's friend has written to Hibs, but my emails aren't getting through due to spam..

Has anyone else had this problem? It is close to discrimination for the fact its a manx driving license.

Unlucky pal - you were unfortunate enough to come accross one of Scotland's little hitlers - we do a special line in them for door staff.

From what you are saying the guy showed zero common sense in accepting none of your numerous and perfectly valid and authentic pieces of ID. There can be no other reason for this other than that the petty minded numbskull simply enjoyed flexing his muscles and effectively abusing his position of authority.
I would write a strongly worded complaint addressed to whichever senior member of the Hibs board is concerned with BTG and hospitality - make sure and include as full a description of the small minded idiot concerned as is possible along with time and location - all of us could do without this kind of inadequate fool in a position of authority at ER, doing his best to spoil people's enjoyment. Hopefully if the erse can be positively identified your complaint could possibly lead to his dissmissal and some good can come of the situation.

iwasthere1972
19-02-2011, 02:46 PM
That is a complete shambles. You have proof issued by the Manx govt to validate your age, phone the club and get them to sort it out.

:agree: All that form of id would be enough to get you employment and a bank account in the UK but not deemed valid to get a pint of crappy beer at the BTG.

I would want a personal apology from the security guard. I would even take it a step further and insist that he gets his fat ass on the pitch at half time next week at the ICT game and stick a microphone in his hand and make him grovel for forgiveness.

Removed
19-02-2011, 02:46 PM
I stopped going as well.

Occasionally had to q to get in then when we got in the bar would shut at 2.45pm. Bar staff hopeless, drink poor and ignorant security staff.

I had decided that it would be better to give Hibs the money and hoped all Hibs fans would follow suit. However after a few years I thought to hell with this and once our bus was parked went into the Albion Bar. Now following the Albion closure I'm back to the Loch Inn where I went before BTG opened.

If BTG took a shake I would return as Hibs should be making decent money from the facility but I doubt they are. Stupid really.

I'm in there most weeks but in the group I meet with we have been talking about going elsewhere. It is handy but it's a shambles now and I'm sure we can get better service and value elsewhere.

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Unlucky pal - you were unfortunate enough to come accross one of Scotland's little hitlers - we do a special line in them for door staff.

From what you are saying the guy showed zero common sense in accepting none of your numerous and perfectly valid and authentic pieces of ID. There can be no other reason for this other than that the petty minded numbskull simply enjoyed flexing his muscles and effectively abusing his position of authority.
I would write a strongly worded complaint addressed to whichever senior member of the Hibs board is concerned with BTG and hospitality - make sure and include as full a description of the small minded idiot concerned as is possible along with time and location - all of us could do without this kind of inadequate fool in a position of authority at ER, doing his best to spoil people's enjoyment. Hopefully if the erse can be positively identified your complaint could possibly lead to his dissmissal and some good can come of the situation.

Yes the other reason is he's been instructed not to accept them as forms of ID. If he had accepted them despite being specifically instructed not to then he would certainly be in trouble. As frustrating as it was for the OP I can see why he was refused.

Purehibee_MYB
19-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Yes the other reason is he's been instructed not to accept them as forms of ID. If he had accepted them despite being specifically instructed not to then he would certainly be in trouble. As frustrating as it was for the OP I can see why he was refused.

To be honest though what am I expected to show him? What is someone who is on holiday from the Isle of Man, Guernsey, Jersey and other such expected to show? It is effectively discrimination.

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2011, 03:21 PM
To be honest though what am I expected to show him? What is someone who is on holiday from the Isle of Man, Guernsey, Jersey and other such expected to show? It is effectively discrimination.

No it's not, as a person refused admission or service on age grounds alone has no legal claim against you or the premises provided the conduct does not amount to discrimination. In other words you cannot be criticised for refusing entry or service to someone because they are, or you believe them to be under the legal age for admission or service. However your actions may be unlawful if you refuse entry solely to someone on the basis that they are too old.

Unfortunately some businesses have taken this strong stance in protection of their licence and are not willing to get caught out with identification documentation that they cannot confirm as genuine.

Get Pie & Chips and have a drink with your meal bought by an adult :wink:

Seriously, unless someone in BTG listens to your complaint and decides to relax the acceptable forms of ID there is no way around it.

s.a.m
19-02-2011, 03:27 PM

I was wondering this, too - and how do French / German / Australian etc...students and visitors get served in licensed premises?

Purehibee_MYB
19-02-2011, 03:28 PM
No it's not, as a person refused admission or service on age grounds alone has no legal claim against you or the premises provided the conduct does not amount to discrimination. In other words you cannot be criticised for refusing entry or service to someone because they are, or you believe them to be under the legal age for admission or service. However your actions may be unlawful if you refuse entry solely to someone on the basis that they are too old.

Unfortunately some businesses have taken this strong stance in protection of their licence and are not willing to get caught out with identification documentation that they cannot confirm as genuine.

Get Pie & Chips and have a drink with your meal bought by an adult :wink:

Seriously, unless someone in BTG listens to your complaint and decides to relax the acceptable forms of ID there is no way around it.

I am an adult, I can buy a pint anywhere else in Edinburgh..I'm not saying its discrimination because of my age, it's discrimination against the Isle of Man...

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2011, 03:32 PM
I am an adult, I can buy a pint anywhere else in Edinburgh..I'm not saying its discrimination because of my age, it's discrimination against the Isle of Man...

Yes I know you're an adult hence the :wink:.

If you were ID'd in one of my establishments the outcome would be the same I'm afraid is the point I was making. Not because of where you come from but because you have no form of ID that we accept. However If I was on duty I would inspect your ID and if I could satisfy myself it was genuine I would make an exception cos you're a Hibee!

Purehibee_MYB
19-02-2011, 03:36 PM

Ahh I see, thought it was some sly comment saying I'm underage- anyway why should they not allow my I.D when everywhere else does?

Franck Stanton
19-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Give some people a wee bit power/authority and it goes to their head. The documentation you produced would be accepted in 99 % of drinking establishments anywhere in Britain. Problem lies with the mini-hitler who challenged you in first place. Next time you fancy a pint come over to The Tor - friendly welcome, good pint and Kano's mum always good for a laugh. :aok:

Hibercelona
19-02-2011, 03:40 PM
You have every right to complain as the security guard had no right doing what he did.

Once they've served you, they have no right to ID you. I'm sure there's actually a law for this type of thing. :agree:

fatbloke
19-02-2011, 03:59 PM
:agree:

Correct.

Next time go HSC Sunnyside.

jabis
19-02-2011, 04:09 PM
I know. It's been passed by the Scottish Brewery Association and it has a certificate. Saying that so does my urine sample that I gave to my doctor last week.

good grief !

I thought I drank a lot,but NEVER has my pee been worthy of a certificate from the Scottish Brewery Association :not worth:not worth:not worth

just out of curiosity,what was the ABV ?

iwasthere1972
19-02-2011, 04:48 PM
good grief !

I thought I drank a lot,but NEVER has my pee been worthy of a certificate from the Scottish Brewery Association :not worth:not worth:not worth

just out of curiosity,what was the ABV ?

Good. :greengrin

cammy1969
19-02-2011, 04:50 PM
next time you go in ask the bar staff what forms of id they take then so then you know or grab petrie as he's in there before every game as im sure its just some dickhead of a door man as edinburgh is full of them its the only city that i know that wont let a group of 5 or 6 guys in to a pub

Ed De Gramo
19-02-2011, 05:02 PM
next time you go in ask the bar staff what forms of id they take then so then you know or grab petrie as he's in there before every game as im sure its just some dickhead of a door man as edinburgh is full of them its the only city that i know that wont let a group of 5 or 6 guys in to a pub

Unless its rugger buggers :greengrin

ginger_rice
19-02-2011, 05:26 PM

If you were ID'd in one of my establishments the outcome would be the same I'm afraid is the point I was making. Not because of where you come from but because you have no form of ID that we accept. However If I was on duty I would inspect your ID and if I could satisfy myself it was genuine I would make an exception cos you're a Hibee!

Bleeding hell mate and folk wonder why the pub trade is dying....when I was that age I had a forces ID card would that have been acceptable?

iwasthere1972
19-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Bleeding hell mate and folk wonder why the pub trade is dying....when I was that age I had a forces ID card would that have been acceptable?

When I was a teenager I had a handwritten scribbled note from my mother confirming that I was old enough to drink. That was enough back then and it should be all you need nowadays. :agree:

Ghaax
19-02-2011, 05:51 PM
If you were ID'd in one of my establishments the outcome would be the same I'm afraid is the point I was making. Not because of where you come from but because you have no form of ID that we accept.

Can you let us know where your establishments are then so we know not to drink there?

Common sense needs to apply. The guy has been served so either let them finish their pints or refund them and admit it was a mistake on the part of the bar staff. Not difficult or too embarrassing.

How the heck can you serve someone and then say it was wrong and kick them out sans biere or argent????

You should be thankful for our custom not stealing our money.

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Can you let us know where your establishments are then so we know not to drink there?

Common sense needs to apply. The guy has been served so either let them finish their pints or refund them and admit it was a mistake on the part of the bar staff. Not difficult or too embarrassing.

How the heck can you serve someone and then say it was wrong and kick them out sans biere or argent????

You should be thankful for our custom not stealing our money.

Hey wait a minute I don't own them, just responsible for the Security/Licensing Training and adhering to the rules as set down by those high above. I don't need to tell you where they are as you maybe already use them without any problems:greengrin

Removed
19-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Anyone know who is responsible for BTG in the club?

Arch Stanton
19-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Hey wait a minute I don't own them, just responsible for the Security/Licensing Training and adhering to the rules as set down by those high above. I don't need to tell you where they are as you maybe already use them without any problems:greengrin

By god? Maybe they are in the small print on the ten commandments perhaps?

ArabHibee
19-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Give some people a wee bit power/authority and it goes to their head. The documentation you produced would be accepted in 99 % of drinking establishments anywhere in Britain. Problem lies with the mini-hitler who challenged you in first place. Next time you fancy a pint come over to The Tor - friendly welcome, good pint and Kano's mum always good for a laugh. :aok:

Does The Tor do food? Not looking for anything fancy, pie & chips etc.

Kaiser1962
19-02-2011, 07:57 PM

We were always told to accept Manx money as payment so I see no difference with an official documant issued by the Govt.

Sir David Gray
19-02-2011, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't let this one go, if I was you.

Far too many bouncers/security/stewards (delete as applicable) let the wee bit of power and authority, that they do have, go to their heads and they think they can treat people any way they want.

I would have asked this guy for his details (not sure if security in BTG have their own number like the stewards that operate within the stadium do) and sent a report in to Hibs complaining about his conduct.

As someone else has already said, if they didn't accept any of the numerous forms of ID that you provided (which is a complete joke in itself by the way) then since you were actually in BTG in the first place, you must be a season ticket holder and therefore your details (including date of birth) would be on the club database. How difficult would it have been for the guy to get in touch with someone at the ticket office and ask them to look you up on the database and check that you and your mate were both at least 18?

Hibs should be doing something about this because the security in BTG will be employed by the club and if they are abusing their position and not treating fans of the club in a fair manner then Hibs should be removing them from their job.

If they keep treating people like this, it's Hibs who are going to lose out because people just aren't going to go in there. There's plenty of other pubs, in and around Easter Road, that folk could choose to go to instead.

steviecarnie
19-02-2011, 08:06 PM

If you were ID'd in one of my establishments the outcome would be the same I'm afraid is the point I was making. Not because of where you come from but because you have no form of ID that we accept

sorry but thats just wrong!! surely that racism!!! not coming from here - he cant have accepted ID as u put it. U wouldnt stop someone with a valid uk driving license therefore WHY would u stop someone with a Manx, French, Italian or Mars license?

Franck Stanton
19-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Does The Tor do food? Not looking for anything fancy, pie & chips etc.

Nope, but ther is a chippy and a Chinese within 50yds

Removed
19-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Nope, but ther is a chippy and a Chinese within 50yds

But can you take the food in :greengrin

Purehibee_MYB
19-02-2011, 08:15 PM

Far too many bouncers/security/stewards (delete as applicable) let the wee bit of power and authority, that they do have, go to their heads and they think they can treat people any way they want.

I would have asked this guy for his details (not sure if security in BTG have their own number like the stewards that operate within the stadium do) and sent a report in to Hibs complaining about his conduct.

As someone else has already said, if they didn't accept any of the numerous forms of ID that you provided (which is a complete joke in itself by the way) then since you were actually in BTG in the first place, you must be a season ticket holder and therefore your details (including date of birth) would be on the club database. How difficult would it have been for the guy to get in touch with someone at the ticket office and ask them to look you up on the database and check that you and your mate were both at least 18?

Hibs should be doing something about this because the security in BTG will be employed by the club and if they are abusing their position and not treating fans of the club in a fair manner then Hibs should be removing them from their job.

If they keep treating people like this, it's Hibs who are going to lose out because people just aren't going to go in there. There's plenty of other pubs, in and around Easter Road, that folk could choose to go to instead.

I've got his name, and I am not a season ticket holder, but me and a friend were with my family friends who are season ticket holders...but I am on the Hibs database for tickets...dunno if that means anything...To be honest I can't really believe I've had to take it that far...Couldn't believe so much hassle exists over a bloody pint!

ArabHibee
19-02-2011, 08:20 PM

Because that would require some brains to think about doing that.

Removed
19-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Because that would require some brains to think about doing that.

:agree: if you can't manage to switch of the aircon in winter, tune in the tv's or get chips out at the same time as pies then there's no chance.

And £1.20 for a can of irn bru. Now that is taking the piss.

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-02-2011, 08:39 PM

Typical poor PR and jobsworth staff, I would write to who ever is in charge of these erses and demand a refund

Sir David Gray
19-02-2011, 08:46 PM
I've got his name, and I am not a season ticket holder, but me and a friend were with my family friends who are season ticket holders...but I am on the Hibs database for tickets...dunno if that means anything...To be honest I can't really believe I've had to take it that far...Couldn't believe so much hassle exists over a bloody pint!

If you have his name, you should certainly report him to Hibs.

I did make a slight mistake in saying that you must have been a season ticket holder to have been in BTG. A season ticket holder can bring someone to BTG, who has bought a ticket for the Hibs end for the game, which is obviously what you did.

My point about you being on the database still stands though. Since you are on there, the solution (if he was adamant that your ID wasn't acceptable) should have been for him to get in touch with the ticket office and ask them to check your date of birth on that.

However ArabHibee is totally spot on when she says that that would have been too simple.

PC Stamp
19-02-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm in there most weeks but in the group I meet with we have been talking about going elsewhere. It is handy but it's a shambles now and I'm sure we can get better service and value elsewhere.

Absolutely. Vastly overpriced food which is probably of a lesser standard than the much joked about hospital & prison food. Overpriced drinks for what little they actually stock and serving staff who I'm sure are trying their best but don't appear to have any experience of what they are doing. I wonder just how much Hibs actually make from it as opposed to what the catering company who appear to run it make? It's all about their profit as far as I can see. Charge as much as you can for low quality food which costs as little as you can get it for.
Like the catering stands within the ground, it's not good enough by a long way.
Gone downhill at a rate.

Saorsa
19-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Absolutely. Vastly overpriced food which is probably of a lesser standard than the much joked about hospital & prison food. Overpriced drinks for what little they actually stock and serving staff who I'm sure are trying their best but don't appear to have any experience of what they are doing. I wonder just how much Hibs actually make from it as opposed to what the catering company who appear to run it make? It's all about their profit as far as I can see. Charge as much as you can for low quality food which costs as little as you can get it for.
Like the catering stands within the ground, it's not good enough by a long way.
Gone downhill at a rate.But most importantly........ :greengrin

........the beer is rank :sick:

think I mentioned that before :greengrin

ArabHibee
19-02-2011, 09:35 PM
So who is in charge of BTG then?
Coz I have an email to send to them with a few complaints of my own......

Franck Stanton
19-02-2011, 10:24 PM
But can you take the food in :greengrin

Course you can, as I have said, it's a very friendly pub, well run and the staff are fantastic, never have to wait too long for service and within a couple of visits know your name, and your usual tipple. :aok:

Removed
19-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Course you can, as I have said, it's a very friendly pub, well run and the staff are fantastic, never have to wait too long for service and within a couple of visits know your name, and your usual tipple. :aok:

:cheers:

I have been in a few times after games and know a few of the leith hibs guys who drink in there.

Also organised :slipper: boys 21st in the Tor. Was a great night and the staff were :thumbsup:

Jones28
20-02-2011, 01:03 AM
I used to get served BTG - no ID from bar-staff - and was able to have a quiet pint with no hassle. Only recently have security staff been asking for ID...

...the fact that I'm 17 is irellevant :greengrin

Go to Robbies and get a pint of Tennants :not worth

dp00
20-02-2011, 06:29 AM
I noticed the increased security presence over the last 3/4 games. Is there a reason for this ? Never noticed any bother before

BroxburnHibee
20-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Wonder if Hibs are being asked to pay for "protection" if you know what I mean

Hermit Crab
20-02-2011, 10:49 AM

Yeah ive had a few days off work with it n'all

Scouse Hibee
20-02-2011, 11:08 AM
I noticed the increased security presence over the last 3/4 games. Is there a reason for this ? Never noticed any bother before

Aye :agree: , far too many underage folk with dodgy ID using the place!! :greengrin

greenlex
20-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Wonder if Hibs are being asked to pay for "protection" if you know what I mean
Petrie would rather sleep with a horses head than waste money.:greengrin

Woody1985
20-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Aye :agree: , far too many underage folk with dodgy ID using the place!! :greengrin

I hear you can get really good fake manx driving licenses.:greengrin

iwasthere1972
20-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah ive had a few days off work with it n'all

Is that you Trigger? :wink:

HIBERNIAN 1875
20-02-2011, 04:07 PM
The security staff at BTG always ID people. They ID me all the time. I've never been ID'd by any of the bar staff. :agree: