PDA

View Full Version : Bamba Conspiracy

Tricla
18-02-2011, 10:47 PM
I was just browsing the media nugget that is the BBC website and I came across the Leicester V Bristol City report where Leicester won 2-1.

If you hit Control+F on that page and type in Bamba you will find that his name is referred to 12 times in that report.

These 12 references refer mainly to fouls on him but also to free kicks taken by him, shots by him, headers at goal by him and an assist for him.

However, there isn't a single mention of a bomb scare moment or a miss timed juggernaut tackle.

Is he the new Messi of Leicestershire?

Gala Foxes
18-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Never mind that , what about 28,000 + at The Walkers on a Friday night - superb support for The Foxes, 1 point off the Play Offs - and we have binned Robbie Neilson to Brentford on loan - Happy days

Tricla
18-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Never mind that , what about 28,000 + at The Walkers on a Friday night - superb support for The Foxes, 1 point off the Play Offs - and we have binned Robbie Neilson to Brentford on loan - Happy days

Great crowd for Leicester.

I'd like to see them make the play offs.

Gala Foxes
18-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Great crowd for Leicester.

I'd like to see them make the play offs.

me too - the 250 mile drive to see them lose in the play off semi to Cardiff last year was a sore one

al bundy
18-02-2011, 10:58 PM
what a crowd that is, sven has done some job

Gala Foxes
18-02-2011, 11:02 PM

having been to Old Wembley with City 5 times, with only one defeat, I am hoping for another successful visit in May - highlight was Steve Walsh 2 Derby 1 in 1993

zlatan
18-02-2011, 11:12 PM
me too - the 250 mile drive to see them lose in the play off semi to Cardiff last year was a sore one

Watched that in a boozer in Leicester, the amount of abuse to that Kermit chap was outstanding.

CallumLaidlaw
18-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Saw Leicesters first goal at half time in the Bradford game. Sol won a header from a corner that was cleared off the line. He picked the ball up, done a wee trick to go past a man to the byline, then put in a decent cross. James scaffed it, and Yakubu finished it.
Every few weeks we'll have one of these threads. Bamba was/is a star. He will play in the EPL, of that I have no doubt.
He is not bigger than Hibernian, but he is a cracking footballer.

hfc rd
18-02-2011, 11:20 PM
I really hope Leicester get promoted. Will be a good team to watch in the Prem next season.

hibeeleicester
19-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Tickets were cheap tonight :agree: £5 for U23 i think.

Possibly shows that lower prices combined with a decent team = bigger crowds

sauzee's-socks
19-02-2011, 02:35 AM
Always knew he was a better player than he pretended to be. That mother was cheating Hibs and robbing wages.

Beefster
19-02-2011, 05:41 AM
Always knew he was a better player than he pretended to be. That motherf;;;r was cheating Hibs and robbing wages.

There seemed to be this perception when he was here that he was a complete bombscare. The reality never matched that though and, if he wasn't our best player, he was one of our best players almost every week.

Folk moaned about Stokes, Bamba, Whittaker and Fletcher when they were here and yet they're all now playing at a higher level. As a support, we haven't got a clue.

sahib
19-02-2011, 06:00 AM
There seemed to be this perception when he was here that he was a complete bombscare. The reality never matched that though and, if he wasn't our best player, he was one of our best players almost every week.

Folk moaned about Stokes, Bamba, Whittaker and Fletcher when they were here and yet they're all now playing at a higher level. As a support, we haven't got a clue.

I only moaned about Stokes when Yogi signed him and I hadn't seen him play. A perfectly sound hibs.net point of view.:wink:

7Hero
19-02-2011, 07:20 AM

only ever moaned about bamba, was and is a bombscare :na na:(to the bamba lovers)..He left for petes sake lets not keep worshipping the guy, he did try his damnest to leave from the minute he arrived t our club..

Springbank
19-02-2011, 07:21 AM

I don't agree with that.
Interesting that (Bamba aside, and it's early days yet) all of the players you mentioned have had tricky transition periods at their new clubs - they've not been automatic shoo-ins. Same for people like Kevin Thomson.

In all of their cases, the fans at Easter Road showed (to me) that they know their football. These guys all had something, we could see that. But they were swanning around at times at ER like they were the finished article, and it was that (the attitude bit) that was always going to cause them problems at some stage.

The Hibs support were right (I think) to be frustrated that Whittaker couldn't tackle and was positionally totally suspect…check the Rangers fans and management reaction to when he was responsible for them being pumped out the champions league by Kaunas on his Euro debut for that mob. He was dropped for some time (til Hutton went) and needed to up his game…exactly what Hibs fans had been saying. Only difference is, the OF had big enough squads to drop him to really ram home the message. But he couldn't say he wasn't warned, during his time at ER.

Same principles apply for the transitions for Thomson, Fletcher, Stokes (til Hooper's injury) etc etc

The only 3 guys who have gone on and really done it immediately elsewhere (in recent years) were the 3 guys who had the tough mentality to be winners at ER, to handle the demands of the knowledgable Hibernian support without whinging, and they were well placed to succeed in the bampot atmosphere of Glasgow by the time they left. They were Collins, Goram and Scott Brown.

Beefster
19-02-2011, 07:47 AM
only ever moaned about bamba, was and is a bombscare :na na:(to the bamba lovers)..He left for petes sake lets not keep worshipping the guy, he did try his damnest to leave from the minute he arrived t our club..

Acknowledging someone's ability isn't being a 'lover' or worshipping him. Who was a better defender that Bamba during his spell with us?

Your last sentence is nonsense though. Unless you have proof of his agitating for a move soon after he signed from Dunfermline?

Golden Bear
19-02-2011, 07:52 AM

Amongst others, I'd add Rob Jones to that list. He got blamed from everything from Maka being crap to the players revolt.

He was without a doubt one of the best central defenders I've seen at ER and I've seen more than a few.

Beefster
19-02-2011, 08:00 AM
I don't agree with that.
Interesting that (Bamba aside, and it's early days yet) all of the players you mentioned have had tricky transition periods at their new clubs - they've not been automatic shoo-ins. Same for people like Kevin Thomson.

In all of their cases, the fans at Easter Road showed (to me) that they know their football. These guys all had something, we could see that. But they were swanning around at times at ER like they were the finished article, and it was that (the attitude bit) that was always going to cause them problems at some stage.

The Hibs support were right (I think) to be frustrated that Whittaker couldn't tackle and was positionally totally suspect…check the Rangers fans and management reaction to when he was responsible for them being pumped out the champions league by Kaunas on his Euro debut for that mob. He was dropped for some time (til Hutton went) and needed to up his game…exactly what Hibs fans had been saying. Only difference is, the OF had big enough squads to drop him to really ram home the message. But he couldn't say he wasn't warned, during his time at ER.

Same principles apply for the transitions for Thomson, Fletcher, Stokes (til Hooper's injury) etc etc

The only 3 guys who have gone on and really done it immediately elsewhere (in recent years) were the 3 guys who had the tough mentality to be winners at ER, to handle the demands of the knowledgable Hibernian support without whinging, and they were well placed to succeed in the bampot atmosphere of Glasgow by the time they left. They were Collins, Goram and Scott Brown.

Some fair points but the fact remains that they are all playing at a higher level than Hibs. Whittaker made mistakes in the Champions League - hardly a sign that he wasn't good enough for the Hibs defence. Bamba's a revelation at Leicester (so far). Fletcher was a revelation at Burnley last season, prompting Wolves to spend £7m on him. Stokes has done what Riordan, Killen and more failed to do at Celtic, is the top scorer currently playing in the SPL and second in assists.

I never saw any of them 'swanning about at ER' either and I take most of what I read on here with a pinch of salt. I'd be astonished if Fletcher or Whittaker ever did though.

PS Scott Brown is no better at Celtic than Katie was at Rangers and was poor in his first season. I'm not sure where this 'no whinging' stuff comes from about Brown either. I remember transfer requests, plenty of whinging via his agent and only settling down after being promised a move in the summer.

PeeJay
19-02-2011, 08:07 AM

Bamba is without doubt talented, but he was a bomb scare at times for us: why? Attitude, concentration levels IMO, yet his attitude and application have been completely turned around in England - again, one has to wonder why? Is it him alone, the club, players he's involved with, management staff, levels of professionalism? Does this reflect more on him or us as a club?

Beefster
19-02-2011, 08:12 AM
Bamba is without doubt talented, but he was a bomb scare at times for us: why? Attitude, concentration levels IMO, yet his attitude and application have been completely turned around in England - again, one has to wonder why? Is it him alone, the club, players he's involved with, management staff, levels of professionalism? Does this reflect more on him or us as a club?

Experience? His make-up? I've seen him make mistakes for Dunfermline and the Ivory Coast too. There's no doubt that he wanted to move from Hibs and he may well have been a complete twat as a man but he was a decent player for us.

The Hibs fans will forgive midfielders or strikers fluffing shots/messing up penalties/missing one-on-ones (as long as it's not every single time) but, as soon as a defender (or goalie) makes a mistake, we're on it like a flash.

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2011, 08:43 AM

:agree: Spot on, we seem to have a bunch of fans who are for want of a better word bitter at some of our players. They cant accept they are good players, better than our standard, and will obviously want to play at a higher standard.

When they say this, they instantly become bombscares, wage thiefs or hopeless. And all this time these same folk try and tell us players like Nish are world beaters, and give 100%, and dont believe the stick they are getting, and dont deserve it. The irony is just so so funny.

And to cap that all off, the bombscare/wage thief nearly always goes on to make a very good career at their new club, while the crap one drags us down, or leaves for a lower league club.

I wonder if i watch the same game as some folk?

Jim44
19-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Always knew he was a better player than he pretended to be. That mother was cheating Hibs and robbing wages.

That's the game, Sauzee's-socks. Stuff Leicester. Any club that would employ Harry Potter is the 'the pits' in my book. Long live schadenfreude. Nothing like a bit of blinkered parochialism. :greengrin

RoYO!
19-02-2011, 09:56 AM

I thought this thread was going to be about how Sven didn't play bamba in the WC so that he could sign him for cheaps when he became a club manager

Tyler Durden
19-02-2011, 10:49 AM

As someone who moaned about Fletcher, I think I was quite within my rights. There was never any doubt he had the ability to play at the highest level, but the frustration was what he actually produced for Hibs. Never more than 12/13 goals in a season, missed 1-vs-1's in 4/5 separate derbies, refused to ever use his right foot which cost us 2 games (due to his missed open goals) in quick succession against Dundee Utd & Aberdeen in Mixu's final year.

He then left and admitted that he trained much harder at Burnley than at ER. Gave the whole excuse of it being a different environment, no room for slacking etc. Fletcher should have been ripping the SPL to shreds every week but he just didn't do it for me.

Most of the moaning about these players was around them not playing to their full capacity at Hibs, rather than denial of their ability.

Anyway, hopefully the likes of Pallson and Booth can be the next top notch guys we bitch about.

hibbytam
19-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Just saw Bamba get an assist, followed by a pair by zemamma. Or ZEmama, as the commentator called him. With emphasis on the Ze, and mama said really in like one syllable.

Though they're gone, I like keeping an eye on ex-hibbies, especially if I liked them as players, as I did with those two. I can accept that most wouldn't have us as the hight of their ambitions. At the very least it heightens our reputation by proxy, which is useful buying new players. Ie, perform for us, and you get your chance here.
I expect to see at least one of the mentioned players in the EPL at some point in the near future.

tamig
20-02-2011, 10:09 AM

Excellent point. too many on here with "Football Manager" syndrome who quite clearly spout some pish. And this "wage thief" nonsense really grates on me.

Shrekko
20-02-2011, 10:26 AM
:agree: Spot on, we seem to have a bunch of fans who are for want of a better word bitter at some of our players. They cant accept they are good players, better than our standard, and will obviously want to play at a higher standard.

When they say this, they instantly become bombscares, wage thiefs or hopeless. And all this time these same folk try and tell us players like Nish are world beaters, and give 100%, and dont believe the stick they are getting, and dont deserve it. The irony is just so so funny.

And to cap that all off, the bombscare/wage thief nearly always goes on to make a very good career at their new club, while the crap one drags us down, or leaves for a lower league club.

Don't know if you watch different games but you certainly read a different forum. Would you mind digging up a few 'Nish is a world beater' post a from here? Perhaps not, as you know fine well they don't exist.

Basically your post smacks of you saying folk are generally clueless on here unless they have your view that players of higher ability should not be criticised no matter what, and players of limited ability should be hammered regardless of what they do.

One of the main 'cultural' problems at ER is how the so called 'stars' at ER perform on AND off the park in recent years. But you think they are beyond criticism?

Player like Fletcher and Bamba DID under perform for Hibs at times. The fact they've done well down South PROVES they had more ability than they showed sometimes. So who actually is right- the ones who accepted mediocrity from them cos they had ability or the ones who demanded more?? Have a think.

Beefster
20-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Don't know if you watch different games but you certainly read a different forum. Would you mind digging up a few 'Nish is a world beater' post a from here? Perhaps not, as you know fine well they don't exist.

Basically your post smacks of you saying folk are generally clueless on here unless they have your view that players of higher ability should not be criticised no matter what, and players of limited ability should be hammered regardless of what they do.

One of the main 'cultural' problems at ER is how the so called 'stars' at ER perform on AND off the park in recent years. But you think they are beyond criticism?

Player like Fletcher and Bamba DID under perform for Hibs at times. The fact they've done well down South PROVES they had more ability than they showed sometimes. So who actually is right- the ones who accepted mediocrity from them cos they had ability or the ones who demanded more?? Have a think.

Every single player performs below their ability in at some point. It's called form. I'm led to believe that even Pele and Maradona were garbage in a few games.

If we didn't accept mediocrity from Hibs players sometimes, some of us wouldn't be calling for Riordan, Miller and co to get new contracts.

Matty_Jack04
20-02-2011, 10:48 AM
i dont think its a hibs support thing at all, i have this discussion with mates in the boozer there are numerous players from Scottish football now down south playing really well regularly but where not in any means good players up here, we're now taking note because bamba's playing well and zemmama changed the game yesterday.

mcnaughton for cardiff, adam for blackpool, snodgrass for leeds, dorrans for west brom just to name a few, they where well short of brilliant up here yet are main stays of good teams down there.

it smacks to me that its the attitude of players playing Scottish football, either there too good for this level and dont think they have to work as hard or they just dont want too, if the mentioned players performed to the level they are performing at now not only would our league standard improve they would have got better moves down there in the process.

just two questions it leaves, why arent players trying as hard up here and what exactly did managers see in the likes of snodgrass and dorrans that SPL managers missed

Shrekko
20-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Every single player performs below their ability in at some point. It's called form. I'm led to believe that even Pele and Maradona were garbage in a few games.

If we didn't accept mediocrity from Hibs players sometimes, some of us wouldn't be calling for Riordan, Miller and co to get new contracts.

I am realistic enough to know we have to settle for a bit of mediocrity at times. I can accept this as long as it's not players simply not trying hard enough.

My point is that I find it more difficult to accept players with ability performing poorly. Blackpool Hibs seems to think it's only ok for the likes of Nish, Rankin etc to get it in the neck.

Last season Stokes could go 4/5 weeks at a time not looking interested, until we got a penalty or something. He also seemed to have great difficulty controlling the ball. Does this opinion become invalid because he's scored a few for Celtic this season? Not IMO.

Keith_M
20-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Can we stop the 'hibs.net mentality' stuff? The Hibs support is a broad church, as are the posters on here. Just because some people criticised or defended certain players doesn't make it the official view of every Hibs fan.

For instance, my view was that Fletcher was a good striker who sometimes irritated me by not using his right foot. Now, thats hardly the same as saying he was a no hoper/under achiever/wage thief. Maybe that IS the view of some other posters though, but that's just their opinion.

That applies equally to other players, there is no universal view.

The same is true of ANY group of supporters, no matter who they support.

Beefster
20-02-2011, 02:18 PM
I am realistic enough to know we have to settle for a bit of mediocrity at times. I can accept this as long as it's not players simply not trying hard enough.

My point is that I find it more difficult to accept players with ability performing poorly. Blackpool Hibs seems to think it's only ok for the likes of Nish, Rankin etc to get it in the neck.

Last season Stokes could go 4/5 weeks at a time not looking interested, until we got a penalty or something. He also seemed to have great difficulty controlling the ball. Does this opinion become invalid because he's scored a few for Celtic this season? Not IMO.

Stokes scored 22 goals for Hibs in 40 games. I'm not really sure what you want from Hibs if that wasn't good enough for you.

hibsbollah
20-02-2011, 02:41 PM

Agree totally.

blackpoolhibs
20-02-2011, 04:07 PM
]No what my post does is bring to attention the absolute drivel thats posted about all the players.[/COLOR]

Again we disagree, and i find some fans are generally clueless in their assessments, especially those who are clearly better than they are EVER given credit from some folk.

Where have i ever said this? I am a riordan fan, but recently imo he's been very poor. Selective reading imo????????????

All players have good and bad games, you seem incapable of understanding this? If they have bad games all the time, they tend to get stick, no? Can you see the point?

Bamba playing well down south proves nothing to me, as i saw him do that most weeks for us. Perhaps he tried to do more than he should have at times, but i dont fault him for that. Yet this is one of the reasons he's a bombscare apparently?

marinello59
20-02-2011, 04:40 PM
And all this time these same folk try and tell us players like Nish are world beaters, and give 100%, and dont believe the stick they are getting, and dont deserve it. The irony is just so so funny.

I wonder if you read the same forum as some folk.:greengrin

joe breezy
20-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Zemama set up two goals for Boro yesterday too

Shrekko
20-02-2011, 04:52 PM
All players have good and bad games, you seem incapable of understanding this? If they have bad games all the time, they tend to get stick, no? Can you see the point?

Bamba playing well down south proves nothing to me, as i saw him do that most weeks for us. Perhaps he tried to do more than he should have at times, but i dont fault him for that. Yet this is one of the reasons he's a bombscare apparently?

Ok so you can't find the 'Nish is a world beater' posts. Fair enough.

I'm not backing down from my opinion that you are basically saying that drivel= opinions you disagree with.

It's absolute tosh to say I don't understand that players have good games and bad games. I totally believe in credit where it's due as opposed to taking the easy option of lambasting the scapegoats and sticking up for the players with more ability regardless of performance.

I take it you're equally critical of posters who say things like Nish is worse than Konte?

What a player does after he leaves Hibs means nothing in terms of what they did for us. Steven Fletcher could end up at Man Utd and it wouldn't change my opinion that in his last 2 seasons (that's 2 whole years, not just a game or two) that he should have done much better for Hibs with the ability he had. It's easy to take the Mick out of folk who don't follow the popular line but it doesn't mean you're opinion is more or less valid. It's also easy to make unfounded generalisations to suit your agenda but again doesn't mean they are accurate.

Beefster
20-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Ok so you can't find the 'Nish is a world beater' posts. Fair enough.

I'm not backing down from my opinion that you are basically saying that drivel= opinions you disagree with.

It's absolute tosh to say I don't understand that players have good games and bad games. I totally believe in credit where it's due as opposed to taking the easy option of lambasting the scapegoats and sticking up for the players with more ability regardless of performance.

I take it you're equally critical of posters who say things like Nish is worse than Konte?

What a player does after he leaves Hibs means nothing in terms of what they did for us. Steven Fletcher could end up at Man Utd and it wouldn't change my opinion that in his last 2 seasons (that's 2 whole years, not just a game or two) that he should have done much better for Hibs with the ability he had. It's easy to take the Mick out of folk who don't follow the popular line but it doesn't mean you're opinion is more or less valid. It's also easy to make unfounded generalisations to suit your agenda but again doesn't mean they are accurate.

How did Fletcher get a move to a Premiership team for their all-time record fee, if he was playing well below ability for two years?

marinello59
20-02-2011, 04:58 PM
How did Fletcher get a move to a Premiership team for their all-time record fee, if he was playing well below ability for two years?

The Fletcher criticism really used to leave me baffled. Best of the 'golden generation' in my ever so humble opinion. He gave his all for Hibs whilst he was here.

Dirkster23
20-02-2011, 05:10 PM

Just like when you were incapable of understanding why people were giving Liam Miller stick :confused: Can you see my point?

Shrekko
20-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Stokes scored 22 goals for Hibs in 40 games. I'm not really sure what you want from Hibs if that wasn't good enough for you.

I dont give a toss how many he scored and I'm not saying his record wasn't good enough. I'm saying there were times he deserved criticism.

Do you think he was exempt from criticism and that my point about him not looking interested for weeks at a time is a lie?

Shrekko
20-02-2011, 06:11 PM

You not going to throw his goals record at me on this one? Wonder why.

I liked Fletcher and still do- but he should have done more in his last 2 seasons IMO. He stagnated and I think it was because he wanted out.

He should have been worth more than 3 million to Hibs- the fact he was sold for double that a year later confirms that.

Occasional criticism of a player doesn't not mean you don't rate him and no player should be exempt. I object to people implying you are an idiot because you don't blindly give good players a free pass when they under perform. If it's ok to heap disgusting abuse on less talented players then its surely ok to point out when others are giving less than they could no?

Beefster
20-02-2011, 07:29 PM
I dont give a toss how many he scored and I'm not saying his record wasn't good enough. I'm saying there were times he deserved criticism.

Do you think he was exempt from criticism and that my point about him not looking interested for weeks at a time is a lie?

You said that he had 'great difficulty' in controlling the ball. 22 goals says that's nonsense.

I've already mentioned form. It happens. Whilst a striker is scoring more than 1 goal in every 2 games for Hibs, I'll forgive him.

You not going to throw his goals record at me on this one? Wonder why.

I liked Fletcher and still do- but he should have done more in his last 2 seasons IMO. He stagnated and I think it was because he wanted out.

He should have been worth more than 3 million to Hibs- the fact he was sold for double that a year later confirms that.

Occasional criticism of a player doesn't not mean you don't rate him and no player should be exempt. I object to people implying you are an idiot because you don't blindly give good players a free pass when they under perform. If it's ok to heap disgusting abuse on less talented players then its surely ok to point out when others are giving less than they could no?

Fletcher scored in double figures every year that he was a regular. I don't think that's a scoring record to be ashamed of. It also ignores everything else that he contributed to the team.

He was sold for double a year later because he had had a year performing in probably the strongest league in the world. It's easy to stand out, if you're a decent player in the SPL, but that doesn't mean that you're going to cut it in the Premiership.

I'm fine with occasional criticism. You said that Fletcher under-performed for two years though.

I'm not sure who implied you were an idiot but, if you think it was me, you've taken any implication in my posts wrong. If I think someone's an idiot, I'll tell them.

Alfred E Newman
20-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Bamba has gone from playing in a struggling side surrounded with mediocrity to playing in a Leicester side full of quality players. You cannot compare his performances since his move
His transfer and Zemmamas have probably saved us from the disaster of relegation.

Shrekko
20-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Beefster,

I think things have gone to extremes here.

The point I and one or two others are making is that it's ridiculous to make blanket statements like 'it was ridiculous that the likes of Fletcher, Stokes etc etc got criticised by Hibs fans- look at them now'.

I don't recall anybody saying these players were not good players!! Occasionally folk complained they could be doing more with their ability.

In the case of Stokes, he did contribute a lot of goals. If truth be told, I think he was a good SPL striker but he wasn't a guy I generally thought would dig us out a hole when we really needed it. He is a McCoist type who seemed to score a few sclaffs, deflections and penalties, as well as the odd cracker and close in efforts, all signs of a good striker but I felt his overall play could be dire at times. So yeah he was good but not beyond criticism.

Fletcher I always felt had huge talent and did some fantastic things. I enjoyed most of his time at Hibs but his goals tally stayed the same the whole time he was here- again that should not have been the case.

That is not mindless criticism- just honest observations. The type I and other made at the time- I didn't doubt for a minutes both players would go on to bigger things which is why I can't see the problem. Do players just have to be 'good' or 'bad'?

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Just like when you were incapable of understanding why people were giving Liam Miller stick :confused: Can you see my point?

Thats bull, i understand exactly why some folk were giving Miller stick last season, they hadn't a clue what a footballer is, and it was to deflect the abuse from the likes of Nish and Rankin.

Now if we are talking this season, Millers been average, as has Riordan. Yet after the introduction of some better players, some who can actually defend and play in the midfield, before yesterday Miller came off the bench twice, and had 2 very good games, the silence was deafening.

The difference with those two i mention is they have ability, they can play at a good standard, better clubs than Hibs would take a chance on them if they became available. The likes of Nish Rankin and the rest of those who wont be at Hibs next season will all take a step down from Hibs. We are the biggest club they will ever play for.

And i will say it again, those who said Bamba was a bombscare have no idea what they are on about, and wouldnt know a footballer if one bit them on the erse. Fletcher was always going to play at a higher level than us, and this bull that he should have done better for us is just that bull.

What should he have done better at Hibs, and why did he not do it better? The common complaint was he did not use his right foot enough. How many players apart from riordan use their weaker foot?

The reason this was brought up so much was because Fletcher was left footed. If this was any right footed player, nothing would be said, apart from an excuse that it was their weaker foot. What he did at Hibs was what he did, and it got him his move to the premiership. Apparently he's the only one footed player in that league.

Shrekko
21-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Hey BH- what's taken you so long?

I thought you were still away looking for all those 'Nish is a world beater' posts from the thousand that have been on hibs.net. Although in saying that, going by your first paragraph on Miller I can see you've actually just been out on the sauce most of last night. Clutching at straws to say the least.

I think we get the jist of what you're saying- you are the only one on here who know's a player, and players are either 'good' or 'bad' and that's that. If they're 'good' then it's ok to be rubbish for months- it'll be all the 'bad' players around them to blame anyway!

In fact, you're knowledge is incredible. You've been telling us all season that Ian Murray is a First Division player- and even Colin Calderwood cant spot that! Of course CC's clueless as well isn't he? Ok, maybe not this week, but I'm sure he will be next time we lose a game.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Hey BH- what's taken you so long?

I thought you were still away looking for all those 'Nish is a world beater' posts from the thousand that have been on hibs.net. Although in saying that, going by your first paragraph on Miller I can see you've actually just been out on the sauce most of last night. Clutching at straws to say the least.

I think we get the jist of what you're saying- you are the only one on here who know's a player, and players are either 'good' or 'bad' and that's that. If they're 'good' then it's ok to be rubbish for months- it'll be all the 'bad' players around them to blame anyway!

In fact, you're knowledge is incredible. You've been telling us all season that Ian Murray is a First Division player- and even Colin Calderwood cant spot that! Of course CC's clueless as well isn't he? Ok, maybe not this week, but I'm sure he will be next time we lose a game.

I'm glad we have cleared that up once and for all. :thumbsup:

Dirkster23
21-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Thats bull, i understand exactly why some folk were giving Miller stick last season, they hadn't a clue what a footballer is, and it was to deflect the abuse from the likes of Nish and Rankin.

Now if we are talking this season, Millers been average, as has Riordan. Yet after the introduction of some better players, some who can actually defend and play in the midfield, before yesterday Miller came off the bench twice, and had 2 very good games, the silence was deafening.

The difference with those two i mention is they have ability, they can play at a good standard, better clubs than Hibs would take a chance on them if they became available. The likes of Nish Rankin and the rest of those who wont be at Hibs next season will all take a step down from Hibs. We are the biggest club they will ever play for.

It was only about a month ago you were having a pop at people for slating Miller's performances.

You say he's had two good games off the subs bench, can't say i've really noticed them to be honest. He's put a good shift in recently when he's come on but where's the creativity? the killer ball? he doesn't boss the midfield or even look as good as the players around him. If he's a class above the rest, when's he going to start showing it?

Yesterday he had Palsson, Wotherspoon and Scott along side him to do the running and tackling, what did he produce? In fact, when was the last time he produced a bit of magic or dominated the midfield?