PDA

View Full Version : Sean Welsh

scoopyboy
18-02-2011, 04:04 PM
On loan to Stirling Albion until March 21st.

Edinburgh Green
18-02-2011, 04:11 PM
A run of first team games will do him the world of good.

scoopyboy
18-02-2011, 04:18 PM
A run of first team games will do him the world of good.

Agreed.

I think he will come back after that and get games for us, that will possibly determine whether he will get a new contract or be emptied.

truehibernian
18-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Good place to learn as well.

I hear good reports about Gordon Smith as well. He is one that got away.....good player he will turn out to be in my opinion.

WindyMiller
18-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Agreed.

I think he will come back after that and get games for us, that will possibly determine whether he will get a new contract or be emptied.

Likely to be bottom 6, but hopefully well clear of bottom, so a good opportunity to give more of the youngsters a run out.
Good luck to the lad.

hfc rd
18-02-2011, 10:44 PM
I hope he does well with Stirling. He was our double winning U19 captain and I hope the loan spell does him the world of good as he desperately needs match fitness under his belt after some very bad injuries in his career so far. Hope he takes a leaf out of Callum Booth's spell at Brechin City. Doing the business up there and coming back and cementing your role in the 1st team.

Good Luck Welshy!! :wink:

matty_f
18-02-2011, 11:16 PM
I hope he does well with Stirling. He was our double winning U19 captain and I hope the loan spell does him the world of good as he desperately needs match fitness under his belt after some very bad injuries in his career so far. Hope he takes a leaf out of Callum Booth's spell at Brechin City. Doing the business up there and coming back and cementing your role in the 1st team.

Good Luck Welshy!! :wink:

:agree:

Ed De Gramo
18-02-2011, 11:30 PM
He'll also learn under the guidance of Jockey Scott :)

WindyMiller
19-02-2011, 01:29 AM

Teckle!

:greengrin

Petrie's Tache
19-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Teckle!

John blackleys no2 to jock for now.

.Sean.
19-02-2011, 01:36 PM
He'll also learn under the guidance of Jockey Scott :)Now that's what ehm talkin' aboot!

johnrebus
19-02-2011, 01:42 PM

Does this mean that Welshy will have to live in a teepee in a local park in Stirling?

:rolleyes:

Bob Box Fish
19-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Wondered where he disappeared to.

Was he not the one that we expected most from regarding that U19's team?

Hope he makes it.

scoopyboy
19-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Wondered where he disappeared to.

Was he not the one that we expected most from regarding that U19's team?

Hope he makes it.

I could never make up my mind who the best prospect was, it changed from game to game.

Booth, Currie, Welsh, Wotherspoon, Smith and Byrne all were my predictions at one time or another.

Still not sure who will turn out to be the best.

Stine
19-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Watched Welsh a few times for the 19's, every time i saw him he was a genuine stand out. Guys like Booth and Wotherspoon looked superb but quite raw, while Welsh looked capable of changing a game when he needed too. Good on the ball and not scared of a tackle.

I reckon the three lengthy injurys really backtracked his progress but i really hope he comes through cause he looked far to good not to make it. Still young, hopefully he will make an impact on loan, enough to get a new contract.

Randerson_4
19-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Good place to learn as well.

I hear good reports about Gordon Smith as well. He is one that got away.....good player he will turn out to be in my opinion.

Seen him against Dundee & I wouldn't be worried about being someone who got away!

Welsh started on bench but on already

0-1 Dundee

Kevvy1875
20-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Off topic...but anyone seen or heard anything of Moyes performance's for Brechin?

One of my colleague's is a Dumbarton fan and mentioned he had met CC at a match Vs Brechin...I obviously surmised that CC was there to see young Moyes. Was glad to hear the manager was taking an interest and going to see what Moyes is all about. Just wonder if anyone on here knows how he has played this season....seems to have been a regular starter and Brechin are flying in that division.

Speedway
21-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Good luck to him. Looked alright in his first spell with us in the mid-90s and I'm sure if he can still do a job for us, tangoman will offer him a new deal in the summer.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Good luck to him. Looked alright in his first spell with us in the mid-90s and I'm sure if he can still do a job for us, tangoman will offer him a new deal in the summer.