PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fans in Cyprus

Velma Dinkley
18-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Hello there! I'm moving to Cyprus next week and was just wondering if there are any Hibs fans over there or if anyone knows of any pubs that would perhaps show Hibs games. I'll be living in Nicosia but am willing to visit other towns or cities for the lure of beer and football.:flag:

Septimus
18-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Apart from myself I know of at least two other Hibs fans out here. I used to trawl the nether regions of Paphos looking for somewhere to watch the matches but gave that up some time ago to watch at home on the internet. I don't even do that now as payment has to be via Paypal of which I am no longer a member.

The coverage is good on the Hibs official site though and is well worth the money.

Gala Foxes
18-02-2011, 05:15 PM
if you ever go to Paphos go to Zorro's bar - landlord Vasos is an AEK supporter and shows all the UK games,

Iggy Pope
18-02-2011, 08:34 PM
I was in Limassol a (good) few years ago and there was a great Arsenal pub called the Woodman. Football orientated, covered in tellies and would definitely show a Hibs game. I've watched a Scotland international there while England played on another screen. Also watched Robert Pires destroy Liverpool at Anfield on another day.
Great breakfast and a great pint of Keo.

http://woodmancyprus.com/

Velma Dinkley
19-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Cheers guys. I notice Mark Burchill and Mark Fotheringham are playinng footie over here now. Wasn't a move to Cyprus on the cards for Colin Nish?

hibees59
19-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Cheers guys. I notice Mark Burchill and Mark Fotheringham are playinng footie over here now. Wasn't a move to Cyprus on the cards for Colin Nish?

No, he went to Cyprus to meet a Chinese team.

brog
19-02-2011, 12:12 PM
I saw Dundee-Hibs, think it was our 1st game back in top flight in a pub in Paphos. Came on after Everton-Man U, who had a total of 3 fans there! There were close on 20 Hibees watching the game & when the winning goal in a 4-3 classic went in some guys jumped into street with jerseys over head & stopped traffic, bedlam! As goals were going in, people who were watching Feyenoord-Ajax switched to our game so were about 50 there by the end! With time difference it was evening before game finished & plenty drink was taken - great day!
Enjoy Cyprus!

Hibernia Na Eir
19-02-2011, 05:40 PM
i have an Omonia Nicosia top, white and green stripes :flag:

pointless reply, but its Cyprus related :greengrin

The_Todd
19-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Two points.

1: You lucky, lucky sod. I love Cyprus.

2: I seem to recall a Scottish bar in Ayia Napa. Never went there as I wasn't on a clubbing holiday but I definitely saw one.

Keith_M
19-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Can I join in on the act...

Any other Hibbies in Vienna?

There wasn't the last time I came across, 3 years ago, but you never know.

lucky
19-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Happy Jacks in Limassol show all Scottish games. Been in there loads of times over the years. There are a couple Hibbies who watch the games there too