PDA

View Full Version : "I'm a Rangers boy now" Thomson sells his soul!

ShanksSaidNo
18-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Alot of people think he had already but his comments in the Daily Record today confirm it.

"obviously i'm a Rangers boy now"

Ridiculous comment to make considering he was never shy of puntin the fact that he was a Hibs fan 'through and through' when he played at Easter Road.

Here's to leg break number 4..

lapsedhibee
18-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Alot of people think he had already but his comments in the Daily Record today confirm it.

Ridiculous comment to make considering he was never shy of puntin the fact that he was a Hibs fan 'through and through' when he played at Easter Road.

Aye but it's not really his fault that things appear in the DR under his name. Always been someone else's fault, apparently, and this will be too.

zlatan
18-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Was he not banging on about Hibs still being his team shortly after signing for Middlesbrough?

Strange man.

Sir David Gray
18-02-2011, 02:07 PM
This guy is never a Hibs fan in a million years and I don't care what anyone says.

The fact that he ever played for, and captained, Hibs makes me feel sick.

Most of our ex-players will be made more than welcome back at Easter Road in years to come, long after they've retired but if it was up to me, Thomson would never be allowed to set foot in Easter Road ever again. Michael Stewart would probably be made more welcome than Thomson.

I'm just thankful that he left the club before we won the cup in '07. Seeing him in all of the pictures from that day, lifting the cup, would have left a really bad taste in the mouth.

Ernie Cobra
18-02-2011, 02:09 PM
he's really just a disgusting little prick. I put him in the same category as Lennon, Barry Ferguson and Paul Hartley for dislikeability ( i know its not a word but hey ho):wink:

hibsbollah
18-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Will never get close to the first rung of the 'legend ladder'.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-02-2011, 02:13 PM
No loss to the Hibernian family.

Westie1875
18-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Was he not banging on about Hibs still being his team shortly after signing for Middlesbrough?

Strange man.

Yes.

Tin hat on here, but taken in context all he is stating is that he has a preference for Rangers over Celtic - given he played for them this is hardly a surprise.

Titch
18-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Cant stand the little cretin but whats the chances this has been taken out of context in an interview when asked who he wants to win in the bigotfest

PaulSmith
18-02-2011, 02:22 PM
This guy is never a Hibs fan in a million years and I don't care what anyone says.

Most of our ex-players will be made more than welcome back at Easter Road in years to come, long after they've retired but if it was up to me, Thomson would never be allowed to set foot in Easter Road ever again. Michael Stewart would probably be made more welcome than Thomson.

I'm just thankful that he left the club before we won the cup in '07. Seeing him in all of the pictures from that day, lifting the cup, would have left a really bad taste in the mouth.

Get over yerself man. He's played for Rangers and would prefer them to beat Celtic which is perfectly understandable.

I read the same about Iain Murray and Derek Riordan when they played in Glasgow on here, if Thomson came back at some point I'd be delighted as as a footballer I think he would be an asset.

But you don't care what anyone says so crack on with your vile tirade against someone who is a Hibs fan, was instrumental during the Mowbray era and juts so happens to have played for another team that you so obviously despise. It makes me sick to hear and read about how vile our own supporters can be towards anyone who played for the club, you probably applauded when a Hibs fan spat on Kenny Miller upon his return to Easter Road to watch Hibs one day as well did you?

Maybe have another wee read at this article from a more respected daily newspaper.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Saturday-Interview-Kevin-Thomson-.6462576.jp

Saorsa
18-02-2011, 02:22 PM
He's a little prick anyway, he'd be well suited tae that team.

GreenCastle
18-02-2011, 02:24 PM
On his twitter account he always wishes Hibs well and never has an issue with them ? :confused:

As for people wishing him another leg break - pretty sick :bitchy:

Dashing Bob S
18-02-2011, 02:26 PM
If we're being strict about it, he's a 'treatment table man', as that was where he spent most his time during both his ER and Ibrox spells. He seems set to maintain this remarkably consistent record at Middlesboro, and in his subsequent career at Darlington, Hartlepool, Falkirk and East Fife.

PaulSmith
18-02-2011, 02:27 PM
On his twitter account he always wishes Hibs well and never has an issue with them ? :confused:

As for people wishing him another leg break - pretty sick :bitchy:

He doesn't IMO, but that's the madness of the message boards eh.

GreenCastle
18-02-2011, 02:30 PM
He doesn't IMO, but that's the madness of the message boards eh.

Message boards love a good witch hunt.

I remember the abuse Ian Murray used to get on here :rolleyes:

Look even recently at the rumour about Liam Miller going to the yams :rolleyes:

People believe too much what they read sometimes :yawn:

hibsbollah
18-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Thomsons the worst of the worst. Euucchhh.

bawheid
18-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Worst Hibs captain ever.

Speedway
18-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Worst Hibs captain ever.

Are you forgetting John Rankin?

bawheid
18-02-2011, 02:41 PM

No.

hibsbollah
18-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Worst Hibs captain ever.

Without a doubt.

tamig
18-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Yes.

Tin hat on here, but taken in context all he is stating is that he has a preference for Rangers over Celtic - given he played for them this is hardly a surprise.

Thats how I read it. My, some folk are very easily upset :rolleyes:

Frazerbob
18-02-2011, 03:00 PM
ThomsHUN is THE most despicable man ever to have the privelage of playing for our club. No amount of backtracking will change that. I hope he never sets foot in ER again.

I see he named his son Jackson.........homage to his mouth piece Keith?

Beefster
18-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Yes.

You're spot on, obviously.

If Scott Brown said he preferred Celtic over Rangers, we'd still have folk taking part in the next 'Scotty Brown love-in' that's due in a month or two.

Sir David Gray
18-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Get over yerself man. He's played for Rangers and would prefer them to beat Celtic which is perfectly understandable.

I read the same about Iain Murray and Derek Riordan when they played in Glasgow on here, if Thomson came back at some point I'd be delighted as as a footballer I think he would be an asset.

But you don't care what anyone says so crack on with your vile tirade against someone who is a Hibs fan, was instrumental during the Mowbray era and juts so happens to have played for another team that you so obviously despise. It makes me sick to hear and read about how vile our own supporters can be towards anyone who played for the club, you probably applauded when a Hibs fan spat on Kenny Miller upon his return to Easter Road to watch Hibs one day as well did you?

Maybe have another wee read at this article from a more respected daily newspaper.

I don't actually know where to begin with the nonsense you have written in bold.

Please tell me which part of my original post on this thread was "vile" because if you consider any part of that as "vile" then our definition of that word differs greatly.

As for your supposition that I would be happy to have seen someone spit on Kenny Miller. That is just ridiculous, completely without foundation and actually borders on being libellous.

I do not recall any spitting incident involving a Hibs fan and Kenny Miller (not surprising since I was only about 11 or 12 when he left Hibs) but if it did happen then it is wrong, filthy and absolutely unacceptable.

And, by the way, despite my feelings towards Kevin Thomson, it would be wrong, filthy and absolutely unacceptable if someone did it to him too.

I do not like the guy, I don't consider him to be a Hibs fan but I have never joined in with the cries of "I hope you break your leg" or "I hope you have your career ended". THAT could be thought of as vile. Saying that I wouldn't welcome him back at Easter Road or that I'm glad he left by the time we won the League Cup in '07 is far from being vile and I think it's a reasonable reaction to hearing/reading the kind of quotes that have been attributed to him in the months leading up to his departure from Hibs and in the 4 years since he left as well.

And as for your assumption that I'm only saying that because he left for Rangers, "a team I so obviously despise". That is another untruth in a long list of untruths in your post. Steven Whittaker would be welcomed back by me at Easter Road any time to do a half time draw at Easter Road etc, once he's retired or moved on to another country (I don't think it's appropriate for an ex-player who still plays in Scotland to come back in that way).

I dislike Kevin Thomson because of the way he's gone about his business in the past 4 years, it has very little to do with the fact that he went to Rangers. I would be saying exactly the same if he was making those kind of comments as an ex-Celtic player and, in fact, if you have read any of my posts on the subject of the Old Firm you would know that I actually hold a slightly greater contempt and dislike for Celtic than I do for Rangers, although I admit it is a closely run contest.

Beefster
18-02-2011, 03:15 PM
That is just ridiculous, completely without foundation and actually borders on being libellous.

You might want to take what folk say on here a little less seriously. Someone once called me a ****ing c**k-****ing c***y ****stain on here and I got less upset about it than you did about someone saying you might have applauded once.

Dunbar Hibee
18-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Personally hope the wee prick breaks his leg again, whether people find that sick or not.

CallumLaidlaw
18-02-2011, 03:23 PM

First time I've read that, and its quite a good read.
He has to realise why the Hibs fans despise him tho. It wasnt anyone else that wrote his DR column.
I certainly dont wish any harm on the guy, and as an ever fickle football fan, if he ever came back to ER as a Hibs player, as long as he gave 100%, I would back him.

Hibercelona
18-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Personally hope the wee prick breaks his leg again, whether people find that sick or not.

Why would you hate somebody that much?

What has he done to your personally?

Dashing Bob S
18-02-2011, 03:29 PM
I think the real thing about Thomson, is that he's a little bit of an approval seeking crowd-pleaser. He obviously was (is) a Hibs fan growing up. But when he signed for the Huns, he was bit pathetic and too eager to please his new employers. Going to Boro he does an interview with Hibs fan Aidan Smith, where he goes on about how he's really still a Hibs fan, now in the weedgie Record, with a Hun journo, he's back to being True Blue again.

Anybody who knows KT can't be surprised at this. He's a bit like that Paul Whitehouse character from The Fast Show, the chap in the pub who does those obvious u-turns to ingratiate himself to whoever is holding the floor at the time.

It's not a particularly endearing characteristic, and it doesn't give massive credibility as an individual, but it doesn't make him a Hun, or any other vile spawn of the devil, or deserving of a gruesome fate. People need to step back and see him for what he is - simply a sad, annoying little *wat, but actually a nice wee guy as well.

Dashing Bob S
18-02-2011, 03:31 PM
You might want to take what folk say on here a little less seriously. Someone once called me a ****ing c**k-****ing c***y ****stain on here and I got less upset about it than you did about someone saying you might have applauded once.

Ah, but there was an element of truth in that one.

Joking, of course!

.Sean.
18-02-2011, 04:09 PM
I wish KT a speedy return to fitness. Honestly.

Because I can't wait to here about his next 'horror injury', be it another broken leg or a messed-up knee. Thomson is a soul-selling cripple. And a Hun soul-selling cripple to boot so he'll never get a shread of sympathy from myself.

Dashing Bob S
18-02-2011, 04:13 PM

Because I can't wait to here about his next 'horror injury', be it another broken leg or a messed-up knee. Thomson is a soul-selling cripple. And a Hun soul-selling cripple to boot so he'll never get a shread of sympathy from myself.

One day, young Jedi, when your knees are as stiff as old Bobby's here, (or old Keva the treatment tables, for that matter) you will regret those rash words.

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2011, 04:14 PM

Thats what i like about you sean, you never commit yourself. You just sit on the fence and see both sides. :wink:

yekimevol
18-02-2011, 04:17 PM

i totally agree :top marks

truehibernian
18-02-2011, 04:23 PM
It's a very very tricky one, and one which proves how emotive and passionate football as a sport is.

I can only cross reference this with Ian Murray and his situation and how folk at Easter Road villified him purely for him going to Rangers. A nicer guy you would not meet and to be honest you would never ever have doubted his passion for Hibs, no matter where he played his football. Rangers offered him great money and a great contract, securing his financial future. How some fans treated him from a distance for me was utterly atrocious. Even now there are some fans I meet that frown at Nid's going to Rangers in a "how could he" sense !

Only met KT once, at a function, and going on first impressions he was a nice lad, made himself available to those present for a blether about football and Hibs, and to be honest a right nice guy on first meeting. Perhaps he has engaged mouth before brain who knows, but we have all done that on occasion (some might say I am doing it now :greengrin)

Having been interviewed before for local media I can vouch for the fact that you read the article and say "i never said that" over and over again......it's amazing what you think you said ending up reading like the opposite.

He gave a substantial amount of money back to Hibs youth development......I think that says more about him than a Daily Record article written by OF backside lickers......only my tuppence worth.

bawheid
18-02-2011, 04:28 PM
It's a very very tricky one, and one which proves how emotive and passionate football as a sport is.

I can only cross reference this with Ian Murray and his situation and how folk at Easter Road villified him purely for him going to Rangers. A nicer guy you would not meet and to be honest you would never ever have doubted his passion for Hibs, no matter where he played his football. Rangers offered him great money and a great contract, securing his financial future. How some fans treated him from a distance for me was utterly atrocious. Even now there are some fans I meet that frown at Nid's going to Rangers in a "how could he" sense !

Only met KT once, at a function, and going on first impressions he was a nice lad, made himself available to those present for a blether about football and Hibs, and to be honest a right nice guy on first meeting. Perhaps he has engaged mouth before brain who knows, but we have all done that on occasion (some might say I am doing it now :greengrin)

Having been interviewed before for local media I can vouch for the fact that you read the article and say "i never said that" over and over again......it's amazing what you think you said ending up reading like the opposite.

He gave a substantial amount of money back to Hibs youth development......I think that says more about him than a Daily Record article written by OF backside lickers......only my tuppence worth.

That's fair enough. But as I recall, the Daily Record campaign went on for weeks if not months. Everyone was waiting for his latest column. Every week he wouldn't disappoint with his tales of woe that his poor mother had to work for a living, or how terrible things were at Easter Road, or how he was desperate to crawl along the M8 to Rangers. Ian Murray did none of this.

If he really was being misrepresented, all he need have done was say so and put the record straight. He didn't.

He was Hibs captain and he sh@t on us time and again, using the nauseating Keith Jackson as his erse-piece. Worst Hibs captain ever.

col02
18-02-2011, 04:33 PM
I think some of the comments wishing harm on Thomson are a bit strong imho as this is what Rangers and Celtic fans who have very strong views come out with. Thomson played for Hibs made the club a bit money that went a decent way to building something for the future surely better to just leave it at this is it not?

truehibernian
18-02-2011, 04:34 PM
That's fair enough. But as I recall, the Daily Record campaign went on for weeks if not months. Everyone was waiting for his latest column. Every week he wouldn't disappoint with his tales of woe that his poor mother had to work for a living, or how terrible things were at Easter Road, or how he was desperate to crawl along the M8 to Rangers. Ian Murray did none of this.

If he really was being misrepresented, all he need have done was say so and put the record straight. He didn't.

He was Hibs captain and he sh@t on us time and again, using the nauseating Keith Jackson as his erse-piece. Worst Hibs captain ever.

True, and I don't really have an issue with those that don't like him mate. He was misguided and ill advised throughout that process I think, but you are bang on in saying that he had the chance via any media outlet to put the record straight.

Perhaps he saw the likes of GOC, Riordan and Miller leaving Hibs to bigger contracts, and comparing his talent with their's, thought he was worthy of more cash. To be honest he was a good good player, I think also helped by great players around him like Brown and Boozy, so he could have had a strong argument for getting a better contract.

It's a very emotional subject, but yep, not helped if he has fuelled it.

.Sean.
18-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Are there any links available to this column that judas-pus used to scribble that Bawheid is alluding to?

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Yet another Billy Bigtime who went to the OF and who's world has come crashing down about him, enjoy league one next season Kevin, if your not on the treatment table again,

:asshole:

Dinkydoo
18-02-2011, 05:44 PM

FFS :no way:

KeithTheHibby
18-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Some of the comments re KT are way over the top and some people should be ashamed of themselves.

Thomson's biggest mistake was writing that column in the DR - hindsight is a wonderful thing however you wonder how much involvement did the club have in granting him the decisions to do it? The club clearly never got a chance to proof read it anyway.

The column suited one man - Willie McKay and no-one else.

lapsedhibee
18-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Thomson's biggest mistake was writing that column in the DR - hindsight is a wonderful thing.

The column suited one man - Willie McKay and no-one else.

Eh? If he had any hindsight at all he wouldn't now be having anything to do with those nasty big boys at the DR who've been distorting his words for the last four years and running away.

Don't wish him any harm but he's either a grade A tosser or very, very, very, very dim.

SRHibs
18-02-2011, 06:47 PM

Talk about an overreaction. As much as I love Hibernian FC, it's a ****ing game. To wish hurt on somebody because of something as trivial as their football allegiances is hilariously pathetic.

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Eh? If he had any hindsight at all he wouldn't now be having anything to do with those nasty big boys at the DR who've been distorting his words for the last four years and running away.

Don't wish him any harm but he's either a grade A tosser or very, very, very, very dim.

:agree:

KeithTheHibby
18-02-2011, 07:12 PM

I was talking about the club, not KT himself.

Bostonhibby
18-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Aye but it's not really his fault that things appear in the DR under his name. Always been someone else's fault, apparently, and this will be too.

:agree: Didn't he say it was big boys that made him say it, tho? and then they ran away, I am sure it was. Or maybe it was his ma that said it for him?

lapsedhibee
18-02-2011, 07:26 PM
I was talking about the club, not KT himself.

That's the thing with Katie and his many apologists, though, innit - whatever situation he found himself in, it was always someone else that was responsible. Jackson, McKay, Collins, the DR, his needy mum, and now - you appear to be suggesting - Hibs FC. Bizarre!

Hiber-nation
18-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Worst Hibs captain ever.

That's got to be Billy Kirkwood.

Capt Mainwaring
18-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Football fans, with a passion for their club, absolutely reserve the right to be totally irrational at any point in time they please - so I've no issue with the Thomson haters or apologists on this Board.

I'm no fan of Thomson - his antics together with that of Brown and their agent Mackay to instigate a move out of Easter Road were despicable and showed no loyalty to the club that nurtured him, stood by him in times of injury, and gave him his platform into professional football.

I'm not daft enough however to think that any move to the Old Firm is not a big step for any professional footballer in Scotland. Who wouldn't want to quadruple their wages, play in front of 5 x home crowds, wins trophies and play in Europe every season? I'm also not going to re-write history in saying he was a poor player for us - he wasn't. On his game he was a very good player in a good team. I reserve the right however to want my players to show respect and appreciation for my club that has shown the same to them.

So in summary - I understand why you left Thomson, but you will always be a Sh*te of the highest order for the way you went about it and the disrespect you have shown to my club in your Press comments since.

I'm sure that you still have some feelings for the Club deep down, but your conduct in leaving and comments since make you an outcast to the Hibernian Family in my books.

Alfred E Newman
18-02-2011, 08:29 PM

Kevin is certainly not the brightest but he was not so dim that he would turn down the chance to make himself a very wealthy young man to stay at the club he supported for a fraction of the wages .
Of course none of his critics on here would have done that would they?

Iggy Pope
18-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Oh dear. Billy Big Time, cripple, prick, worst-ever captain and all that stuff.....

There are at least 10 on this thread (and one in particular whose moral outrage and disgust at this odious vile filth, as ever, knows no bounds) with their heads much further up their own erses than Kevin Thomson has ever managed.

lapsedhibee
18-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Kevin is certainly not the brightest but he was not so dim that he would turn down the chance to make himself a very wealthy young man to stay at the club he supported for a fraction of the wages .
Of course none of his critics on here would have done that would they?

Thing is, none of the criticisms of Katie, either in this thread or any other time his name crops up, are ever to do with him bettering himself financially. Yet his apologists constantly bring up this 'Well you'd behave like him too if you'd get more money by doing so'. Bettering yourself financially and being an utter pwick are entirely separate things.

LeithBoozy
18-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Going by the luck he has had Injury-wise since he left us. I have a vision of a lot of Hibby's sticking pins into old photos of him and wishing him excessive suffering and failure. Or has he brought all this disastrous bad luck on himself, bad karma, by the way he left.????????? :greengrin

Iggy Pope
18-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Thing is, none of the criticisms of Katie, either in this thread or any other time his name crops up, are ever to do with him bettering himself financially. Yet his apologists constantly bring up this 'Well you'd behave like him too if you'd get more money by doing so'. Bettering yourself financially and being an utter pwick are entirely separate things.

And his constant critics vent moral outrage while wishing him bodily harm and gloating at his injuries. Repeatedly and sadly.

GreenCastle
18-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Oh dear. Billy Big Time, cripple, prick, worst-ever captain and all that stuff.....

There are at least 10 on this thread (and one in particular whose moral outrage and disgust at this odious vile filth, as ever, knows no bounds) with their heads much further up their own erses than Kevin Thomson has ever managed.

:agree:

Interesting society we live in :rolleyes:

lapsedhibee
18-02-2011, 10:02 PM
And his constant critics vent moral outrage while wishing him bodily harm and gloating at his injuries. Repeatedly and sadly.

Thing is, your statement is false. Not all his critics wish him harm.

givescotlandfreedom
18-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Thomson's a bawbag and as a player a dirty one. He and the Huns are welcome to each other.

Iggy Pope
18-02-2011, 10:18 PM

(Thing is) most wish him harm, agreed not all. Certainly more than a few on this thread do. The rest just call him names.

TheGreenMan
18-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Who cares?

Really?

Iggy Pope
18-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Who cares?

Really?

One or two.......I do.

hibsbollah
18-02-2011, 10:38 PM

whats your point? I stand by my assertion that he was our worst ever captain. If you can make a good case that he wasnt then go for it.

Brads Laing
18-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Once a Hibby always a Hibby. I expect to get pelters for this but i wish him all the best and would welcome him back to ER.

Iggy Pope
18-02-2011, 10:48 PM
whats your point? I stand by my assertion that he was our worst ever captain. If you can make a good case that he wasnt then go for it.

I've made my point.

I won't get dragged into slagging off other captains.

Jonnyboy
18-02-2011, 10:51 PM

I'm certainly trying to and I hope CC is n'aw :greengrin

All this angst over Thomson. Who cares?

Shrekko
18-02-2011, 10:52 PM

Load of old bollox IMO.

He should probably never have been made captain by Mowbray but at the end of the day what exactly made him a good football captain or a bad one? Is it the amount of coin tosses he lost or the way he wore the arm-band?

The role of captain in football is way over-rated in this country and it was just another stick to beat him with. Hibs fans turned on Thomson in an OTT manner because they were not prepared to turn on golden boy 'legend' Brown. The things he said have become completely exaggerated and it's embarrassing. Get over it.

bighairyfaeleith
18-02-2011, 10:53 PM
I have no intention of reading any article in the DR as it's simply a ****bag paper.

Talking of ****bags, how is katies wee leg doing:greengrin

Iggy Pope
18-02-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm certainly trying to and I hope CC is n'aw :greengrin

All this angst over Thomson. Who cares?

Is caring about Hibs past and present not the purpose of this very medium? With respect, past being a present a lot of the time for you?

Jonnyboy
18-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Is caring about Hibs past and present not the purpose of this very medium? With respect, past being a present a lot of the time for you?

I see what you're saying HH and maybe my 'who cares' comment was a tad flippant. All I really meant was that I struggle to see why comments by Kevin or any other former player for that matter actually stir up the kind of responses in this thread! Personally I don't believe the laddie did himself any favours in the way he left the club but that's by the by.

Iggy Pope
18-02-2011, 11:21 PM
I see what you're saying HH and maybe my 'who cares' comment was a tad flippant. All I really meant was that I struggle to see why comments by Kevin or any other former player for that matter actually stir up the kind of responses in this thread! Personally I don't believe the laddie did himself any favours in the way he left the club but that's by the by.

I agree that KT did himself no favours.

However, I believe that two players have been vilified for the joining the clubs they joined at the time that they did.

I happened to enjoy both of those players immensely when they appeared for Hibs.
Garry O'Connor, Steven Fletcher, Ivan Sproule, Dean Shiels, Rob Jones and David Murphy amongst others remain venerated even though they pissed off for financial gain when they did.

A well known and self publicising christian on these very boards directed me toward Kerrydale St a fortnight ago for backing Scott Brown after his OF cameo. I wonder where he suggests I go on this one?

Says more about 'us' than 'them' I think.

Jonnyboy
18-02-2011, 11:26 PM
I agree that KT did himself no favours.

However, I believe that two players have been vilified for the joining the clubs they joined at the time that they did.

I happened to enjoy both of those players immensely when they appeared for Hibs.
Garry O'Connor, Steven Fletcher, Ivan Sproule, Dean Shiels, Rob Jones and David Murphy amongst others remain venerated even though they pissed off for financial gain when they did.

A well known and self publicising christian on these very boards directed me toward Kerrydale St a fortnight ago for backing Scott Brown after his OF cameo. I wonder where he suggests I go on this one?

Says more about 'us' than 'them' I think.

Yep, slagging folk off for joining the OF is a common theme. I don't like when players do it but I can understand why they do because at the end of the day playing football is their job and they move for better wages. In Kevin's instance he didn't help by the way it was done and in Ian Murray's case (I assume he's the second player you mean) the move was tainted because he insisted up until the last minute he wasn't going there.

I welcome Ian's return. I liked him as a player first time around and I like him as a player now.

Sadly there are some Hibs fans who let the whole move to the OF saga get to them

hibsbollah
18-02-2011, 11:29 PM
I've made my point.

Really? I must have missed that.

Iggy Pope
18-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Yep, slagging folk off for joining the OF is a common theme. I don't like when players do it but I can understand why they do because at the end of the day playing football is their job and they move for better wages. In Kevin's instance he didn't help by the way it was done and in Ian Murray's case (I assume he's the second player you mean) the move was tainted because he insisted up until the last minute he wasn't going there.

I welcome Ian's return. I liked him as a player first time around and I like him as a player now.

Sadly there are some Hibs fans who let the whole move to the OF saga get to them

Scott Brown was the second player I meant, and you maybe didn't get the gist of my post.

I liked Ian Murray first time round, refused to get down when he defected, laughed like a drain amongst the few Hibbies that enjoyed his v-sign at Ibrox when we pumped them in the league and continue to enjoy him now that he's back, as he is my hero even though I'm old enough to be his dad.

If KT comes back, then likewise.

Jeez, folk on here tonight have an ex-Hertz manager down as their all-time hero
:confused: (Because he had an ex-hun run-in of course)

Jonnyboy
18-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Scott Brown was the second player I meant, and you maybe didn't get the gist of my post.

I liked Ian Murray first time round, refused to get down when he defected, laughed like a drain amongst the few Hibbies that enjoyed his v-sign at Ibrox when we pumped them in the league and continue to enjoy him now that he's back, as he is my hero even though I'm old enough to be his dad.

If KT comes back, then likewise.

Jeez, folk on here tonight have an ex-Hertz manager down as their all-time hero
:confused: (Because he had an ex-hun run-in of course)

Aye there's times when posts defy all logic :agree:

Iggy Pope
18-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Really? I must have missed that.

You amaze me.

dp00
19-02-2011, 01:14 AM
Got thomson on twitter and he always talks about his 4 teams hibs, rangers, alloa and Middlesbourgh

truehibernian
19-02-2011, 01:22 AM
Got thomson on twitter and he always talks about his 4 teams hibs, rangers, alloa and Middlesbourgh

His best mate Kevin McDonald plays for Alloa......I think that might be the connection there. Ex Hibs youth player.

Beefster
19-02-2011, 06:46 AM

You claimed that 'his apologists' all say the same thing too. That's false also.

lapsedhibee
19-02-2011, 08:08 AM
You claimed that 'his apologists' all say the same thing too. That's false also.

By apologists I meant all those who defend Katie in one of two ways: either (a) he was right to do all he did at the time of his departure to the Hun, including all those unsavoury bits in the DR, because it's entirely proper to want to better yourself financially, or (b) all the unsavoury bits weren't really his fault because he was badly advised/led astray/misquoted/mistreated by manager/club etc. These are recurring themes on Katie threads.

There is another group, whom I don't consider to be apologists, who don't like to see Katie slagged off, on grounds such as (a) it's all in the past and because of that should be forgiven/forgotten (b) he's a good player and still a Hibbie and might end up back at ER one day, so let's not have any more embarrassing u-turns as with Nid and Deek, etc.

I kind of agree with the second group. It's the first group, now, missing the point with the "What's so wrong with wanting a pay rise?" argument, rather than Katie himself, that compels me to post on Katie threads. Katie is perhaps not an evil man - just not smart enough to know when to shut up in front of a 'journalist' (for him, that should be 'always'), and never will be.

Beefster
19-02-2011, 09:07 AM
By apologists I meant all those who defend Katie in one of two ways: either (a) he was right to do all he did at the time of his departure to the Hun, including all those unsavoury bits in the DR, because it's entirely proper to want to better yourself financially, or (b) all the unsavoury bits weren't really his fault because he was badly advised/led astray/misquoted/mistreated by manager/club etc. These are recurring themes on Katie threads.

There is another group, whom I don't consider to be apologists, who don't like to see Katie slagged off, on grounds such as (a) it's all in the past and because of that should be forgiven/forgotten (b) he's a good player and still a Hibbie and might end up back at ER one day, so let's not have any more embarrassing u-turns as with Nid and Deek, etc.

I kind of agree with the second group. It's the first group, now, missing the point with the "What's so wrong with wanting a pay rise?" argument, rather than Katie himself, that compels me to post on Katie threads. Katie is perhaps not an evil man - just not smart enough to know when to shut up in front of a 'journalist' (for him, that should be 'always'), and never will be.

Fair dos. I thought you were talking about anyone who didn't see him as the devil.

I hated him at the time but am over it. I can happily acknowledge these days how good a player he was for us. I'd take him back in a shot too.

lucky
19-02-2011, 09:18 AM
KT is a Hibbie who signed for the Huns, noised up the Hibs support playing up to the thousands of inbreds then moves to England declares he still is a Hibbie but still wants the the Huns to beat the smellies. Its not as if he stuck his two fingers up to the Hibs support during a game is it?

Cant see what the problem is.

I would take him back at ER in a second.

Ed De Gramo
19-02-2011, 09:43 AM
KT's answered numerous tweets asking why he shafted us and the DR articles.

Giving the choice of believing Thomson or that rentboy Keith Jackson...i'd take Thomson's word anyday.

He's also holding a competition on his twitter where you can win his football tops...apart from his Hibs tops which hold lots of memories for him.

I'm not a KT fan...but some of the stuff on here is OTT

Newhaven
19-02-2011, 10:27 AM
KT's answered numerous tweets asking why he shafted us and the DR articles.

Giving the choice of believing Thomson or that rentboy Keith Jackson...i'd take Thomson's word anyday.

He's also holding a competition on his twitter where you can win his football tops...apart from his Hibs tops which hold lots of memories for him.

I'm not a KT fan...but some of the stuff on here is OTT

What were his answers?

hibsdownunder
19-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Had the pleasure of seeing KT playing for Hibs - great player in a great side. Went on to bigger (not necessarily better) things as his quality would suggest that he should. Cant grudge the boy that and all the paper talk well, its really just that - creates controversy, sells toilet paper!

The hope has got to be that one day we see a group of players of that that calibre come through again. We keep them playing at ER a season longer and enjoy it - simples really!

blackpoolhibs
19-02-2011, 10:46 AM
What were his answers?

He probably answered his tweets after consulting Jackson on what he should say?

3pm
19-02-2011, 03:49 PM
What were his answers?

'Are you the dick who sat in the beans?'

lEXO
19-02-2011, 08:06 PM

This is pretty much how i feel about KT. For your club captain to have his weekly article in the paper moaning was a disgrace. I,m glad he was stripped of the captaincy and was,nt bothered when he left.I would,nt wish a bad injury on him, but have no time or respect for him for his articles in the paper while at Hibs.

lEXO
19-02-2011, 08:14 PM
(Thing is) most wish him harm, agreed not all. Certainly more than a few on this thread do. The rest just call him names.
Not true. A fair few gave managed to get their point over without wishing him harm or calling him names. Not enough mind, but not us all

Shrekko
19-02-2011, 08:23 PM
This is pretty much how i feel about KT. For your club captain to have his weekly article in the paper moaning was a disgrace. I,m glad he was stripped of the captaincy and was,nt bothered when he left.I would,nt wish a bad injury on him, but have no time or respect for him for his articles in the paper while at Hibs.

Really... How many articles were there when he was moaning about Hibs in this ghost written column? 2 or 3 maybe? My recollection is that he said very little that was truly offensive whereas his bum chum was actually quite scathing of Hibs fans, handed in a written transfer request after a game and made stupid threats.. but it's one love in after another with him. I don't get why KT is vilified to this degree even after 5 years.

lEXO
19-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Really... How many articles were there when he was moaning about Hibs in this ghost written column? 2 or 3 maybe? My recollection is that he said very little that was truly offensive whereas his bum chum was actually quite scathing of Hibs fans, handed in a written transfer request after a game and made stupid threats.. but it's one love in after another with him. I don't get why KT is vilified to this degree even after 5 years.

2 or 3 to many for a Hibs captain as far as i,m concerned.Do you beleive the captain of Hibs should be using his ghost written column to moan about his wages etc over a 3 week period? As for his bum chum as you call him(quite ironic insulting one ex player to defend another) i dont see where i have been any part of a love in to him.The thread is about KT and my post was about him.:confused:

Shrekko
19-02-2011, 09:52 PM
2 or 3 to many for a Hibs captain as far as i,m concerned.Do you beleive the captain of Hibs should be using his ghost written column to moan about his wages etc over a 3 week period? As for his bum chum as you call him(quite ironic insulting one ex player to defend another) i dont see where i have been any part of a love in to him.The thread is about KT and my post was about him.:confused:

Was more generalising about the difference in attitudes towards Brown and KT -not having a go at you.

He shouldn't have mentioned the contract dispute in his column- of course he shouldn't but... my point is that I cant believe the bitterness folk still hold over what was really his naivety and maybe basic lack of intelligence. The boy has said he is still a Hibee and I'd argue that other players have probably done as much or more to insult Hibs fans but dont seem to induce the same levels of hatred.

Mac
20-02-2011, 10:35 AM
I dont and never will believe a thing written in the press as i have seen first hand the absolute nonsense that is written.

KT and has family were certainly massive Celtic fans and when he joined Hibs he never hid the fact that he would liked to have finished his careeer back at Hibs, his fondness for Hibs isnt false and i have no doubt that Hibs are probably more 'his' team than the huns, mind you reading some of the stuff written about him i am sure he is probably changing his mind and starting to loathe some of you when you are hoping he breaks his leg!!

joe breezy
20-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Cant stand the little cretin but whats the chances this has been taken out of context in an interview when asked who he wants to win in the bigotfest :agree::agree:

MontrealHibs
20-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Why would you hate somebody that much?

What has he done to your personally?

I don't wish him a leg break. But he deserves fo make all of his career after the way he treated Hibs.

greenlex
20-02-2011, 11:14 AM
I don't wish him a leg break. But he deserves fo make all of his career after the way he treated Hibs.
2 Million reasons why Hibs and the our fans should get over it. :rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
20-02-2011, 11:32 AM
KT Is a malnutrition ***** monkey.

MrSmith
20-02-2011, 11:49 AM
I dont and never will believe a thing written in the press as i have seen first hand the absolute nonsense that is written.

KT and has family were certainly massive Celtic fans and when he joined Hibs he never hid the fact that he would liked to have finished his careeer back at Hibs, his fondness for Hibs isnt false and i have no doubt that Hibs are probably more 'his' team than the huns, mind you reading some of the stuff written about him i am sure he is probably changing his mind and starting to loathe some of you when you are hoping he breaks his leg!!

Not what I'm led to believe.. KT is the only Hibs fan in amongst a family of Hearts fans from Peebles.

I have posted this before - numerous times! My buddy worked with his sister at Standard Life. Kevin did not write any of the DR rubbish, Keek did! It was all part of the grand scheme to get him out of Hibs on the cheap. Rangers wanted him so SDM contacted his good pal Wulli Snakeye who in-turn contacted his good pal Keek! That is the sum of it.

Kevin is a silly wee laddie who allowed himself to be attributed to rubbish he certainly had nothing to do with and - as per his sister - deeply regrets it. However, he made his bed and can lay in it.

Hibs90
20-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Anyone got a link to his twitter? Got a question for him.. :greengrin

MrSmith
20-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Anyone got a link to his twitter? Got a question for him.. :greengrin

http://twitter.com/k33vvt8

rainman
20-02-2011, 02:33 PM

There's no probably about it.

Stewart hasn't had a bad word to say about Hibs since he left. Neither did he pretend he was something he wasn't when he was with us.

There's loads of rumours about Stewart's attiutude but for me, I've rarely seen a guy that handles himself better in the press. Decent player as well.

Thompson is living off a past reputation and needs to stay in the press, talking *****e to keep his profile up.

A future Raith rovers player if ever I've seen one.

cabbageandribs1875
20-02-2011, 02:40 PM
'Are you the dick who sat in the beans?'

:tee hee:

as for KT, the most disgustingly-behaved captain in HFC's history:agree:

Mac
20-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Not what I'm led to believe.. KT is the only Hibs fan in amongst a family of Hearts fans from Peebles.

I have posted this before - numerous times! My buddy worked with his sister at Standard Life. Kevin did not write any of the DR rubbish, Keek did! It was all part of the grand scheme to get him out of Hibs on the cheap. Rangers wanted him so SDM contacted his good pal Wulli Snakeye who in-turn contacted his good pal Keek! That is the sum of it.

Kevin is a silly wee laddie who allowed himself to be attributed to rubbish he certainly had nothing to do with and - as per his sister - deeply regrets it. However, he made his bed and can lay in it.

You got the Peebles bit right, thats about it.

MrSmith
20-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Do you have proof? I recall reading an article relating to Kevin (Evening News) stating he was the only Hibee in a Hearts supporting family.

Mac
20-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Do you have proof? I recall reading an article relating to Kevin (Evening News) stating he was the only Hibee in a Hearts supporting family.

haha, do i have proof, naw strangely i dont have anything to hand!!!

Golden Bear
20-02-2011, 06:28 PM

Kevin's Dad is a Hibby.

Always has been and probably always will be despite the gash that is written about his son.

New Corrie
20-02-2011, 08:50 PM
When all is said and done, it would have been a lot easier if he had just signed for these nice Celtic people instead of these nasty Rangers people. It would have saved pages upon pages of Hibs supporters wishing injury and death on him. The same people who say they don't believe anything they read in tabloids:confused:

He's a Hibs supporter, whether the Diets like it or not.

marinello59
20-02-2011, 09:05 PM
When all is said and done, it would have been a lot easier if he had just signed for these nice Celtic people instead of these nasty Rangers people. It would have saved pages upon pages of Hibs supporters wishing injury and death on him. The same people who say they don't believe anything they read in tabloids:confused:

If anybody is obsessed with who he signed for its you. Give it a rest.:rolleyes:

New Corrie
20-02-2011, 09:30 PM
If anybody is obsessed with who he signed for its you. Give it a rest.:rolleyes:

Hardly, one post on the thread:confused: You tell me to give it a rest, yet hardly a week goes by without someone wishing death or injury on the guy.

Did you know that Ian Murray is getting a testimonial? I wonder how that is going to sit with the wonderful fans who spat on him.

givescotlandfreedom
20-02-2011, 09:36 PM

You've got the Old Firm mindset - everyone's not on on side or the other. Personally I hate both the OF and think that's most people's opinion here. Just because you've got underlying issues doesn't meant everyone else has.

hibsbollah
20-02-2011, 09:39 PM

I dont see any evidence of people on this forum having a preference for Celtic over Rangers. Have you any yourself?

Iggy Pope
20-02-2011, 09:40 PM
I dont see any evidence of people on this forum having a preference for Celtic over Rangers. Have you any yourself?

Gary Caldwell. What a hero's welcome he got when he came back.

sunshine1875
20-02-2011, 09:41 PM
He was 100% a Hibs fan.

Just before Hibs played in the League Cup Final against Livi, the BBC interviewed Deeks, Thomson and Brown. The interviewer said something like "Well Kevin and Derek, I assume this means even more to you as you are both Hibs fans".

Both shook their heads and did not deny they were Hibs fans.

New Corrie
20-02-2011, 09:45 PM
You've got the Old Firm mindset - everyone's not on on side or the other. Personally I hate both the OF and think that's most people's opinion here. Just because you've got underlying issues doesn't meant everyone else has.

Is that as opposed to a non OF mindset where fans spit on, and wish death on injury or players who sign for a certain club?

marinello59
20-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Hardly, one post

One post? Your try and project your own prejudice on to the Hibs support as a whole. Most of us reckon the Old Firm are two cheeks of the same erse. Whilst you would rather kiss the blue one. So yes, give it a rest.

Carheenlea
20-02-2011, 09:54 PM
It sounds like someone is absolutely gutted about the score today.

Not the one from St Mirren Park though..

New Corrie
20-02-2011, 09:56 PM
One post? Your try and project your own prejudice on to the Hibs support as a whole. Most of us reckon the Old Firm are two cheeks of the same erse. Whilst you would rather kiss the blue one. So yes, give it a rest.

Aye right

I will happily give it a rest

givescotlandfreedom
20-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Is that as opposed to a non OF mindset where fans spit on, and wish death on injury or players who sign for a certain club?

The point is the vast majority of Hibs fans hate both the OF. You can't accept that probably due to your own obsessions and predjudice. Just seeing as you're the sort that probably cares about these things I'm from a protestant family and loathe them both the same. There is no Celtc loving conspiracy among Hibs fans from my experiences against at Easter Road and Parkhead following Hibs there's a hell of a lot of venom directed against them.
For the record if Thomson had been so obnoxious whoring hinself to Celtc it wouldn't have made any difference.

Bad Martini
20-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Thomson is a bawbag for the way in which he treated HIBS, us lot and the WAY in which he engineered his move away and undermined and unsettled our team. THAT, is why I personally despise the little ****. I dont care what team he says he supports/loves/is or isn't. Thats irrelevant. Actions speak louder than words or misquotes in a bogroll rag I wouldnt read. The facts are, he ****ed up the dressing room mid-season with his engineered transfer request as did saint Broony and they can both **** off.

Hibs are bigger than them both ... fair dues, we may be languishing in the league and playing pish the now but you cannot BUY class. And neither of those tossers have any after that little escapade.

ENDOF

HibbyAndy
21-02-2011, 01:04 PM

See you said that, No one on here said it?..Did Gary Caldwell get it all nice and cosy on his return to Easter Rd with Celtc? Did he hell.

For the record i hate Celtc as much as Rangers..They are both bigoted ****..But give it a rest eh ffs.

Saorsa
21-02-2011, 01:16 PM
See you said that, No one on here said it?..Did Gary Caldwell get it all nice and cosy on his return to Easter Rd with Celtc? Did he hell.

For the record i hate Celtc as much as Rangers..They are both bigoted ****..But give it a rest eh ffs.No much chance of that, it's his favourite subject :agree:

never seen for ages but as soon as something like this comes up he appears. He's like one of they ****s that winnae go away when you flush and keeps bobbing up tae the surface :agree:

HibbyAndy
21-02-2011, 01:22 PM
No much chance of that, it's his favourite subject :agree:

never seen for ages but as soon as something like this comes up he appears. He's like one of they ****s that winnae go away when you flush and keeps bobbing up tae the surface :agree:

Agreed :agree:

Speedway
21-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Erm...hope he dies in a hotel fire....errrr.....hope he gets involved in an M8 pile up....erm....erm...erm.........

Or perhaps, this is of no consequence whatsoever.