PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian: The Easter Road Story - Needs an update

Keith_M
18-02-2011, 01:50 PM
I use to have a copy of this very enjoyable book and was looking for a new one. However, it seems to have gone out of print.

Considering the stadium is now completed, as well as the training centre, it would be great if the writer came up with an updated version and re-released it. I can wholeheartedly reccomend the original and I'm sure it'd sell well.

The reason I mention this on here is I believe the writer is a regular poster :wink:

hfc rd
18-02-2011, 01:58 PM
One book I would love to see an update on is Ted Brack's "There is a bonny fitba' team". I have read that book about 3 times now as it is an absolutely magnificent read for every Hibs fan. I think it left off just at the beginning of the part of Mixu's last season in charge. I would love to see Ted update it as it is a brilliant and very interesting book to read. But having said that I think it won't be until another couple of seasons before he does so.

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-02-2011, 05:43 PM
One book I would love to see an update on is Ted Brack's "There is a bonny fitba' team". I have read that book about 3 times now as it is an absolutely magnificent read for every Hibs fan. I think it left off just at the beginning of the part of Mixu's last season in charge. I would love to see Ted update it as it is a brilliant and very interesting book to read. But having said that I think it won't be until another couple of seasons before he does so.

With respect to Ted I am the same age as him and did exactly the same things as he did Hibs wise so there was nothing new for me in the book I'm afraid..sorry

Purple & Green
18-02-2011, 10:04 PM
I use to have a copy of this very enjoyable book and was looking for a new one. However, it seems to have gone out of print.

Considering the stadium is now completed, as well as the training centre, it would be great if the writer came up with an updated version and re-released it. I can wholeheartedly reccomend the original and I'm sure it'd sell well.

The reason I mention this on here is I believe the writer is a regular poster :wink:

If you are, I'd like to hear from you as I think you might be able to help with a couple of things on ihibs.

CraigK
18-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Just out of interest, is this the same book but an older edition??
The Hibees (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hibees-History-Hibernian-Football-Club/dp/0859761444/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1298067430&sr=1-4)
I have a dog-eared copy that was bought in 1986 that i've never actually read.

jakki
18-02-2011, 10:25 PM
I got a book for valentines day from one of Hubbies workmates who I have never met and is a Gers supporter.

Its called The Golden years-Hibernian in the days of the FF

Has anybody read it?:greengrin

tanfield
18-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Mackay wrote 3 books (well 4 if you include the updated "hibees") about hibs with the last one just shortly after the two end stands were finished. Mid 90's