PDA

View Full Version : Please no cc!

hfc rd
18-02-2011, 11:44 AM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Nish-says-he-wants-to.6720423.jp

Please don't tell me! Yes he is a Hibs fan but he is simply not good enough for Hibs. We just signed a much better striker in Akpo Sodje who works his socks off and plays with his heart on the sleeve. Also is able to stand on his two feet everytime he competes aerially and physically with opposition defenders. Nish can't do that and never will! Time for CC to start shafting out the deadwood this upcoming summer like Smith, Mcbride, Rankin, Nish and Trakys etc and start using those wages to sign new quality players like CC has so far done and offer the likes of Riordan & Palsson new long term deals. Hopefully the Gailbraith deal is a start for many more of our good players to be offered a new long term deal by CC.

Peevemor
18-02-2011, 11:46 AM
12 pages? :coffee:

brydekirk
18-02-2011, 11:49 AM
:agree:
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Nish-says-he-wants-to.6720423.jp

Please don't tell me! Yes he is a Hibs fan but he is simply not good enough for Hibs. We just signed a much better striker in Akpo Sodje who works his socks off and plays with his heart on the sleeve. Also is able to stand on his two feet everytime he competes aerially and physically with opposition defenders. Nish can't do that and never will! Time for CC to start shafting out the deadwood this upcoming summer like Smith, Mcbride, Rankin, Nish and Trakys etc and start using those wages to sign new quality players like CC has so far done and offer the likes of Riordan & Palsson new long term deals. Hopefully the Gailbraith deal is a start for many more of our good players to be offered a new long term deal by CC.

bawheid
18-02-2011, 11:50 AM
12 pages? :coffee:

Let's try and prevent this now.

Nish is pish.

No he's no'.

Aye he is.

But he tries hard.

He's never off his erse.

He's one of the top ten scorers in the SPL.

He's always offside.

Nish is pish.

He's not that bad.

End.

hfc rd
18-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Let's try and prevent this now.

Nish is pish.

No he's no'.

Aye he is.

But he tries hard.

He's never off his erse.

He's one of the top ten scorers in the SPL.

He's always offside.

Nish is pish.

He's not that bad.

End.

I agree with the statements in bold.

KeithTheHibby
18-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Total non-story if you ask me.

CC let him travel to China and then brought in his own striker in Sodje.

Nish's time is up at ER and I wish him all the best wherever he ends up.

easty
18-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Total non-story if you ask me.

CC let him travel to China and then brought in his own striker in Sodje.

Nish's time is up at ER and I wish him all the best wherever he ends up.

I dont. I think he'll end up at another SPL team and I hope he does really badly, if he does well he'll probably come back to haunt us. Imagine losing 3-0 at home next season to a Colin Nish hat-trick!:faf:

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-02-2011, 11:59 AM
If he is asking to stay, rather than being asked to stay, that tells you enough. No time for passengers.

Sir David Gray
18-02-2011, 12:02 PM
I wouldn't be disappointed if he was to sign a new deal but I don't think it will happen.

Colin Nish's time at Hibs is almost up, in my opinion.

Seveno
18-02-2011, 12:02 PM
In fairness to Nish, he was asked to play a role as a lone striker that he just isn't equipped to do. He might well produce a bit more playing along Sodje.

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Calderwoods not stupid.

basehibby
18-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Nish is not nearly as bad a player as some on here and in the stands at ER would have it - that said his form has nosedived along with his confidence over the last year and a bit - so, it may be fair to say that thanks to some of the boo boy :trumpet:s in the terraces, he actually IS that bad a player at this moment in time.

Either way, Hibby die hard or not, I certainly believe Hibs could attract better strikers, so once his contract is up I think CC should let him go. Until that happens though I will continue to support him every minute he's on the pitch and shout down the more wanton of his detractors for the loud mouthed asses they are.

matty_f
18-02-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm actually surprised that he wants to stay given the treatment he gets from the hibs fans when he plays. He must have a really thick skin!

it's a no from me though. Having watched nish for a few seasons, he's not good enough, even as a squad player, for where we should be. Even trakys, who clearly isn't rated, has put in performances that have put nish to shame.

Saorsa
18-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Based on the players Calderwood has signed so far I'll give him credit for being able tae spot a player when he sees one, I dinnae think that he'll entertain the idea of re-signing the likes of Nish or Rankin, I certainly hope I'm right. We must get rid of the dead wood.

Bishop Hibee
18-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Nish will move on at the end of the season. Played in a system that suits him he'll score goals. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Killie. Mixu could get the best out of him as he did with Sammon.

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2011, 12:27 PM
I'm actually surprised that he wants to stay given the treatment he gets from the hibs fans when he plays. He must have a really thick skin!

it's a no from me though. Having watched nish for a few seasons, he's not good enough, even as a squad player, for where we should be. Even trakys, who clearly isn't rated, has put in performances that have put nish to shame.

He wants to stay because he knows whoever he moves to in Scotland, will result in a massive drop in wages. He's only trying to look after No1.

SouthMoroccoStu
18-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Calderwoods not stupid.

Is the correct answer

None of us can complain about who he's brought in so far.

The guy knows what he's doing. :cgwa

IWasThere2016
18-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Is the correct answer

None of us can complain about who he's brought in so far.

The guy knows what he's doing. :cgwa

Yup. Re-signing Nishy would be his first bad signing IMO, and as Blackpool says CC's no daft.

All the best Nishy :bye:

Speedway
18-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Of all the out of contracts, I think Riordan, Stack, Dickoh and maybe Miller will be offered new deals. The rest will find alternative accomodation.

And there's still EDG to come back as well so everything is looking good.

hfc rd
18-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Of all the out of contracts, I think Riordan, Stack, Dickoh and maybe Miller will be offered new deals. The rest will find alternative accomodation.

You are being serious? I would just tell him to stay in Holland or find another club as he is another who is simply not good enough and looks as if he has past it. He doesn't look nothing like those Youtube videos all of us were watching in excitement during the summer last year when we heard Yogi beat off competition from clubs down south and in America to sign this guy. Better off playing with ten men rather than having him in your team.

Hibee Daz
18-02-2011, 01:56 PM
I dont. I think he'll end up at another SPL team and I hope he does really badly, if he does well he'll probably come back to haunt us. Imagine losing 3-0 at home next season to a Colin Nish hat-trick!:faf:

You're one sick puppy, you know that!:eek:

WindyMiller
18-02-2011, 01:58 PM

:devil:

Beefster
18-02-2011, 02:11 PM
I fancy signing a contract at Hibs. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

ANDY McGEECHAN
18-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Nish is not nearly as bad a player as some on here and in the stands at ER would have it - that said his form has nosedived along with his confidence over the last year and a bit - so, it may be fair to say that thanks to some of the boo boy :trumpet:s in the terraces, he actually IS that bad a player at this moment in time.

Either way, Hibby die hard or not, I certainly believe Hibs could attract better strikers, so once his contract is up I think CC should let him go. Until that happens though I will continue to support him every minute he's on the pitch and shout down the more wanton of his detractors for the loud mouthed asses they are.

:top marks:top marks:top marks

Hibercelona
18-02-2011, 02:29 PM

Really?

Who's seriously going to take him off our hands?

Dashing Bob S
18-02-2011, 02:38 PM
The man's a genius and he should stay forever, and it's about time the board got off their flabby bums and renamed the East the 'Colin Nish Stand'. He ain't a target man and has been played as such. Get him as the box predator he is, our young full backs whipping crosses in and watch Boyd/Laarson/Riordan get left behind in the SPL all-time charts as the goals flow.

ancient hibee
18-02-2011, 02:42 PM
The man's a genius and he should stay forever, and it's about time the board got off their flabby bums and renamed the East the 'Colin Nish Stand'. He ain't a target man and has been played as such. Get him as the box predator he is, our young full backs whipping crosses in and watch Boyd/Laarson/Riordan get left behind in the SPL all-time charts as the goals flow.

He would probably score so many he could take the second half off.

Dashing Bob S
18-02-2011, 02:54 PM
He would probably score so many he could take the second half off.

To be fair to Colin, he already permits himself that luxury. But wouldn't it be great if he scored a barrel load of goals first?

truehibernian
18-02-2011, 03:01 PM
You are being serious? I would just tell him to stay in Holland or find another club as he is another who is simply not good enough and looks as if he has past it. He doesn't look nothing like those Youtube videos all of us were watching in excitement during the summer last year when we heard Yogi beat off competition from clubs down south and in America to sign this guy. Better off playing with ten men rather than having him in your team.

Substituted after half an hour last match, two starts, two defeats, one yellow card thus far in Holland......made a positive impact I see.........seriously hope we have seen the last of him at Easter Road. Terrible footballer IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2011, 03:09 PM
We would be in an awful state this season, if it was not for the big mans goals.

scoopyboy
18-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Substituted after half an hour last match, two starts, two defeats, one yellow card thus far in Holland......made a positive impact I see.........seriously hope we have seen the last of him at Easter Road. Terrible footballer IMHO.

We could do with being a big success ...............................otherwise we may get him back.

That could knacker CC's budget a bit.

Dashing Bob S
18-02-2011, 03:18 PM
We would be in an awful state this season, if it was not for the big mans goals.

I think he's ineffective in some games, because he's denied the nicotine his body is used to. It must surely be a breach of human rights that footballers are not allowed to smoke cigarettes during the game, as its not an enclosed space, and they wouldn't be harming anyone else?

It would certainly make Colin more effective. Let's get the campaign going!

truehibernian
18-02-2011, 03:28 PM
We could do with being a big success ...............................otherwise we may get him back.

That could knacker CC's budget a bit.

Totally agree scoopy, however I don't think he has anything in his game to be a success, other than be a journeyman midfielder, "have boots will travel".

Like you say, I think we may be lumbered with him. Just cannot see a footballer in him at all, anywhere. Slow, cumbersome, finishing poor. As I said before if Hughes saw him as "box to box" he must have been referring to a matchbox.

hibsbollah
18-02-2011, 03:32 PM
I think he's ineffective in some games, because he's denied the nicotine his body is used to. It must surely be a breach of human rights that footballers are not allowed to smoke cigarettes during the game, as its not an enclosed space, and they wouldn't be harming anyone else?

It would certainly make Colin more effective. Let's get the campaign going!

Garrincha, Socrates, Latapy, Cruyff cant be wrong. How many of these creative geniuses would have been an everyday John rankin without a regal king size at halftime? Gaun yersel big man etc etc.

easty
18-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Really?

Who's seriously going to take him off our hands?

I bet he's not short of offers come the summer and he's available for nowt.

In fact I'd go as far to say that had he spent the last few seasons - performing as badly as he has for us - at, say, Motherwell then we'd be one of the teams considering taking him on a free.

There are SPL sides who play strikers week in week out who arent any better than Colin Nish.

truehibernian
18-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Garrincha, Socrates, Latapy, Cruyff cant be wrong. How many of these creative geniuses would have been an everyday John rankin without a regal king size at halftime? Gaun yersel big man etc etc.

:greengrin true bollah..................however Garrincha, Latapy, Socrates, Albertz, Cruyff, Prosinecki........none of these players were bent over, grasping the goalposts, needing an iron lung when we raced up and won one of our few corners at McDiarmid Park after only 30 minutes :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
18-02-2011, 03:49 PM
If CC can put Nish's wage to better use then fair enough, but wouldnt be that quick to get rid of him. He has been quite poor this season, but in previous seasons he has chipped in with important goals. Wouldnt mind seeing him on a very basic contract for another year, but with bonuses for goals etc (as an incentive to actual try in front of goal!).

easty
18-02-2011, 03:53 PM
If CC can put Nish's wage to better use then fair enough, but wouldnt be that quick to get rid of him. He has been quite poor this season, but in previous seasons he has chipped in with important goals. Wouldnt mind seeing him on a very basic contract for another year, but with bonuses for goals etc (as an incentive to actual try in front of goal!).

Nah. His times up, he needs to be moved on.

truehibernian
18-02-2011, 03:56 PM

Hard pushed to find an agent who would go for that kind of deal for his player.

Better, hungrier, quicker and more dynamic strikers are out there for the same money Nish is no doubt on (or less). Had his time with us and is losing the support of the fans which is the first nail in the coffin. Fans are fickle and have long memories when it suits (I include me in that). Time for a fresh challenge for both parties and best wishes to him if that happens.......he has always talked up the club and to be fair never hidden from the criticism which must be hurtful at times.

IWasThere2016
18-02-2011, 04:32 PM

:top marks

hibsbollah
18-02-2011, 04:46 PM

Agree completely. Fag-Ash Lil deserves far more respect from us Hibbies.

billbee
18-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Just home, got a Evening News the night on way home, started reading it in the que in Tesco, Thought Id have a wee peek at the back page, now the club is moving into a positive spell, buy the paper again at times, see whats happing for Sundays game!Just about dropped the paper!

CN just doesnt want a new contract he wants to see his career out at Hibs, cos hes a life time fan, sorry and never in my time have I had to say this about a player, and Ivbe seen a few huddies - but please Colin (N) GTF... cant stand watching your inept performances any longer, you even irratte me warming up, and as you go please take Rankin, McBride, Smith, De Graff, Thicot, Hart and even want to play in the EPL, Millar all with you - and eh Chinas no far enough! :agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

BEEJ
18-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Agree completely. Fag-Ash Lil deserves far more respect from us Hibbies.
I take it if he'd moved to China that would have been the name on the back of his shirt.

:greengrin

truehibernian
18-02-2011, 05:11 PM
I take it if he'd moved to China that would have been the name on the back of his shirt.

:greengrin

:faf:

That's the winning post of the day......fair made me laugh that one mate, superb.

Franck is God
18-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Whether Nish is offered or indeed signs a new deal is nothing to do with what the fans want it's what Calderwood decides is best for the team/squad.

If he thinks that Nish can play a positive part then that's good enough for me.

Bostonhibby
18-02-2011, 06:37 PM

:faf: but really Bob, STAND! isn't that an oxymoron?
How about collapse, or maybe stumble? Either way I am sure there's a moron of some sort in there somewhere............:wink: