PDA

View Full Version : NHC carling cup final ticket

HH81
18-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Just been offered one in arsenal end. Good view I'm told. The cost is £86. Would you pay that? Not sure if I should.

joe breezy
18-02-2011, 08:54 AM
I wouldn't pay it but I don't have Arsenal or Birmingham City sympathies.

If West Ham had got through I may have paid £50 to go with West Ham pals.

If it was Man United I would maybe go as well. Depends on motivations, if I had the money and really wanted to go to a game I'd pay up to £100 for a ticket if it was a really special event.

I'd pay £500 to see Hibs win the Scottish Cup if I had to!

iwasthere1972
18-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Just been offered one in arsenal end. Good view I'm told. The cost is £86. Would you pay that? Not sure if I should.

For £86 I would want a seat alongside Arsene Wenger and to have a say on who the starting eleven are.

Haven't they heard of the credit crunch?

Haggis Hibby
18-02-2011, 09:17 AM

Pay it no bother.... should be a great game and experiance,,, dont hesitate if you can afford the weekend :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-02-2011, 12:11 PM
If West Ham had got through I may have paid £50 to go with West Ham pals.

I booked up digs/flights for The Final before The Hammers lost the 2nd leg of the Semi, even though I've got a Club Membership I wouldn't have been too confident getting a ticket through the club. Would probably have paid up to a ton elsewhere, whilst being in the knowledge that it was way too much to pay to watch them being pumped by Arsenal! :greengrin

LancashireHibby
18-02-2011, 12:16 PM
For £86 I would want a seat alongside Arsene Wenger and to have a say on who the starting eleven are.

£86 isn't far off the cheapest ticket when it comes to FA Cup Final time.

kennyh
18-02-2011, 12:55 PM
£86 isn't far off the cheapest ticket when it comes to FA Cup Final time.

Yip I paid ~£80 to be miles away behind the goals when Cardiff played Pompey and almost the same for the play off final last year as well. Thats the going rate for big Wembley games now well it was till UEFA upped the stakes a "wee" bit for the CL Final.
Most I have ever paid for Hibs is probably £27, most for Scotland is £80 for the Brazil game in Paris.
For the big games to see your team you pay it (if you can afford it) but games at the top end are harder and harder to justify.

basehibby
18-02-2011, 12:58 PM

No - I wouldn't pay that sort of silly money to see a team I wasn't at all passionate about.

As mentioned on another thread - these prices amount to exploitation of the ordinary fan - the bigwigs know that a fan will pay a fortune to see their team in a final and don't they just make the most of it!

Too many greedy **** bags ruining football IMO

Sir David Gray
18-02-2011, 01:00 PM
There's no way I would pay that for a domestic cup final, unless it was Hibs in the Scottish Cup final, in which case I would pay just about anything.

HibbyAndy
18-02-2011, 01:02 PM

:tee hee::tee hee: