PDA

View Full Version : NHC Champions League Final Tickets

BenjiOscar
17-02-2011, 10:18 PM
I see that UEFA have released details of the ticket prices for the Champions League Final at Wembley. Cheapest ticket for the neutral that will be available is £150. Tickets are to be bought in pairs with a £26 administration fee for each pair.

Would you pay that kind of money to watch a game that doesn't involve Hibs (this season at least)? Suppose it is one of those 'events' that you'd like to experience in person.

Woody70x2
17-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Definitely... where do you apply?

fife hfc
17-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Yes and I will be attempting to get some. Problem is we need five, so can't see it happening.

Speedy
17-02-2011, 10:24 PM
http://www.uefa.com/uefa/mediaservices/mediareleases/newsid=1595715.html?rss=1595715+UEFA+Champions+Lea gue+Final+ticket+sales

There's not a chance I'd pay that, although I am lucky enough to have been to a champions league final. My mum got freebies for the 2002 final at hampden through her work. The customer they had been given to handed them back.

Antifa Hibs
17-02-2011, 10:25 PM
No chance.

Anyone who pays that is a mug.

There is nothing more you'd experience being down their than on TV, as a nuetral. Atmoshere would be pesh, full of corporate *****.

No doubt there will be tens of thousands applying though, tens of thousands who havn't been to a game in their puff.

I know two Hibbys who havn't been to Aberdeen as 'its a pure trek', yet they're applying for tickets for a match in London. Tits.

**** modern football.

Woody70x2
17-02-2011, 10:28 PM
No chance.

There is nothing more you'd experience being down their than on TV, as a nuetral. Atmoshere would be pesh, full of corporate *****.

No doubt there will be tens of thousands applying though, tens of thousands who havn't been to a game in their puff.

I know two Hibbys who havn't been to Aberdeen as 'its a pure trek', yet they're applying for tickets for a match in London. Tits.

**** modern football.

Would have loved to have been at the Arsenal game last night... and would have paid £150 to experience that in the flesh.

Antifa Hibs
17-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Would have loved to have been at the Arsenal game last night... and would have paid £150 to experience that in the flesh.

I've heard better atmosphere's in 'meaningless' matches in the continent.

Knock yourself out though :cool2:

Sir David Gray
17-02-2011, 10:32 PM
I might pay for the £150 tickets if it was a Manchester Utd-Barcelona final or something like that.

I believe the most expensive tickets are £300 and I wouldn't pay that.

It's still a ridiculous amount of money for 90 minutes of football.

When you think that it costs £110 for a ticket at the men's final of Wimbledon, and that could last for about 3-4 hours, I know where the value for money is.

Wembley67
17-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Comes down to if you can afford it and how often does a European final get played on British ground? It could get played in Spain for example and you would end up paying even more in travel/accom so aye I would pay it.

broonie27
17-02-2011, 10:56 PM
The people's game, eh?

FIFA and UEFA are nothing more than money gathering machines and they should be ashamed of themselves for charging that kind of money for a standard ticket.

The prices of tickets for gigs, footy, shows, you name it has gone up astronomically is the last 15 years and it is totally and uttering unjustified.

I wonder how much the hundred and twenty thousand odd paid to watch the final at Hampden in 1960?

bigstu
17-02-2011, 11:13 PM
that could buy you half a hibs season ticket!

iwasthere1972
17-02-2011, 11:55 PM
I see that UEFA have released details of the ticket prices for the Champions League Final at Wembley. Cheapest ticket for the neutral that will be available is £150. Tickets are to be bought in pairs with a £26 administration fee for each pair.

Would you pay that kind of money to watch a game that doesn't involve Hibs (this season at least)? Suppose it is one of those 'events' that you'd like to experience in person.

No chance I would pay £150 to watch two teams that I have no interest in. Train travel costs plus accommodation in London and match ticket and you would probably be looking at £250 minimum.

The most I have ever paid to watch a game of fitba is £36 and that was at Euro 96 - Scotland v Switzerland at Villa Park. Unless it was Hibs I wouldn't pay much more than £40 to be a neutral at a match.

brianmc
18-02-2011, 05:27 AM
Slightly off topic - have you seen the price of the olympic's tickets? £725 for the men's 100m final,over 2 grand for "good" seats for the opening ceremony ffs! Suddenly the C.L. prices look like a bargain.

R'Albin
18-02-2011, 06:22 AM
No chance.

**** modern football.

:top marks

hibiedude
18-02-2011, 06:59 AM
No chance.

**** modern football.

Anyone who pays £150 to watch football needs medical attention.... quick :crazy:

TornadoHibby
18-02-2011, 07:43 AM
I might pay for the £150 tickets if it was a Manchester Utd-Barcelona final or something like that.

When you think that it costs £110 for a ticket at the men's final of Wimbledon, and that could last for about 3-4 hours, I know where the value for money is.

I was at a Barca v Liverpool CL game at the Nou Camp a few years ago where Liverpool won 2-1 and the atmosphere there at that game was worth paying £150 for a ticket although I was there on a package trip organised by a company I worked with at the time and paid for by them! :wink:

Nearly 100,000 people can make a hell of a noise in a stadium like that and the football quality was tremendous! :agree:

Downtown Barca after the match was superb too! :wink:

sambajustice
18-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Buy 2 at £300, make £1500 selling them down there before the game. Especially if an english side make it!

Craig_in_Prague
18-02-2011, 08:37 AM
60 quid i paid for last nights Liverpool game; and that was the 2nd cheapest possible! Prices went up to near 100 quid. Ground was nearly full, so I guess 150 for the CL final does not seem that ridiculous.

Prices are a joke though overall.

iwasthere1972
18-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Buy 2 at £300, make £1500 selling them down there before the game. Especially if an english side make it!

The most sensible post yet.

Haggis Hibby
18-02-2011, 09:28 AM
No chance.

**** modern football.

Dont want to be rude BUT due you go to games??? Because its all about the experiance rather than watching on TV.... If we ever loose the thrill of going to a game.... football is screwed and will just become at tv sport played behing closed doors....
as for the cost if you can afford it go and enjoy if you cant enjoy on TV..

OH and if it were Hibs there i think i would pay 20x that willingly,,, only if i had to though :greengrin

duncs
18-02-2011, 10:19 AM
It's quite simple these prices are determined by demand - UEFA wouldn't be charging these prices if they didn't think people would pay it.

Famous Fiver
18-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Simples.

Weekly state pension £98.

Match ticket £176.

As Duncan Bannatyne would say, I'm out.

clerriehibs
18-02-2011, 10:59 AM

Compare with the most expensive tickets for the 2012 Olympics men's 100m final at £750 ... Lord Seb Coe hasn't really done that for the people.

LancashireHibby
18-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Most of the atmosphere will be outside of the ground, if that's the main motivation for people going then they've more money than sense. I was in Manchester for the 2003 AC Milan-Juventus final and it was a great craic in town pre-match but I can't imagine it was anything particularly special in the ground.

kaimendhibs
18-02-2011, 12:31 PM
:top marks:agree:
No chance.

**** modern football.

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Where do you apply for these tickets?

CB_NO3
18-02-2011, 12:39 PM
No chance.

**** modern football.

Spot on.

Houchy
18-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Compare with the most expensive tickets for the 2012 Olympics men's 100m final at £750 ... Lord Seb Coe hasn't really done that for the people.

£750 for 10 seconds excitement... sounds like Sophie Andertons price list. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
18-02-2011, 12:44 PM

It doesn't make much difference, but the most expensive ticket for the 100m final is £725.

Still, £725 for 9.5 seconds of action is probably the ultimate rip-off, even if you are an athletics fanatic.

For that kind of price, I would be wanting to take part in the race itself!

basehibby
18-02-2011, 12:50 PM

No chance! F'n ridiculous - Obscene even! Especially if you consider the absolute oodles of cash raked in from TV - UEFA do not need to rake in more from this competition but evidently cannot help themselves.

For the ordinary fans of the teams that actually got there this amounts to nothing but exploitation - especially when you consider that many of the other punters there will probably be rich basturds on some kind of freebie.

Green_one
18-02-2011, 01:11 PM
I have paid £100 each for Man United tickets but that is about my limit. Not sure that would apply though if they were in the final.

Its the £26 for 'admin' that is the greater rip off. Love to hear the breakdown of that cost.

A guaranteed Hibs Scottish Cup win might make me pay up too. Hibs v Buckie (naw we would still lose).

Killiehibbie
18-02-2011, 01:21 PM
If everybody told them to ram it they might be more reasonable in future.

Bishop Hibee
18-02-2011, 01:34 PM
UEFA will charge whatever the market can bare. The most I've ever paid for a football ticket was £42 for Germany v Scotland. The seats were right on the half way line. I doubt I'd ever pay more than £50 for any football game.

The most I've ever heard of anyone paying for a ticket was £500 on the black market for Celtc v Porto in Seville. Paid for the sellers ST at Darkheid the next season.

The booking fee is the biggest rip off in the price. Outrageous.

iwasthere1972
18-02-2011, 02:03 PM
UEFA will charge whatever the market can bare. The most I've ever paid for a football ticket was £42 for Germany v Scotland. The seats were right on the half way line. I doubt I'd ever pay more than £50 for any football game.

The most I've ever heard of anyone paying for a ticket was £500 on the black market for Celtc v Porto in Seville. Paid for the sellers ST at Darkheid the next season.

UEFA are up there with estate agents, bankers and Hearts supporters.

Smythe78
18-02-2011, 03:00 PM
er...possibly quite odd first post by me (hi!)....but this is pretty funny.....

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/uefa-banks-on-football-fans-being-thick-201102183558/

LancashireHibby
18-02-2011, 04:07 PM
It doesn't make much difference, but the most expensive ticket for the 100m final is £725.

Still, £725 for 9.5 seconds of action is probably the ultimate rip-off, even if you are an athletics fanatic.

For that kind of price, I would be wanting to take part in the race itself!

Which by my reckoning would cost £391,500 if watching the equivalent level in football - makes the Champions League look a bargain!

Removed
18-02-2011, 06:03 PM

When I was in London a week before the Huns uefa final in Manchester I got a phone call from a guy at work asking if I could go to the city and pick up a couple of tickets and check they were genuine. He'd paid £1400 for the pair and I had to bring them back up the road. Crazy.

CB_NO3
18-02-2011, 07:51 PM
I might apply for tickets. If I win them I would sell them, buy my season ticket for next season and go and watch Hibs on tour in the summer (if they go on tour).

BenjiOscar
18-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Where do you apply for these tickets?

The tickets will only be available on uefa.com. You have to apply between 24th Feb and 18th March and IF they are oversubscribed, applicants go into a ballot.

If two English clubs make the final there could be some very funny prices being paid for tickets.