PDA

View Full Version : Yams Gorgie

Col2
17-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Had to stop off on Gorgie to drop something off.

What a complete and utter dump. Once i navigated the dog ****, the triple parking on the side roads and the general smell which is the air - I parked outside the weatfield stand. I can't believe how much that stand looks like it's rusting away. Looks like they have not spent a penny trying to maintain the 'stadium' since it was built.

Couldnt wait to get away. Stay clear if you can. That is all.

Cocaine&Caviar
17-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Agreed. I live in Dalry, far nice part of the city :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Had to stop off on Gorgie to drop something off.

What a complete and utter dump. Once i navigated the dog ****, the triple parking on the side roads and the general smell which is the air - I parked outside the weatfield stand. I can't believe how much that stand looks like it's rusting away. Looks like they have not spent a penny trying to maintain the 'stadium' since it was built.

Couldnt wait to get away. Stay clear if you can. That is all.

Hope you scrubbed yourself with Dettol when you got home, a wire brush may also be a good idea

:agree:

Wembley67
17-02-2011, 02:45 PM
I like Gorgie. It's got character.

essexhibee
17-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Needs a major regeneration like leith-esk one imo. Last time I went through on the 33 it looked horrific.

--------
17-02-2011, 04:04 PM
I like Gorgie. It's got character.

So has Gotham City.... :rolleyes:

Kato
17-02-2011, 04:07 PM
I lived between the tunnels for 5 years.

Its a weird place.

Greentinted
17-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Having lived (existed) here for too long, the decline has been rapid in the last 5 years. The place is populated by wasters, druggies, dealers, and general low-life who neither work nor want.

Those of us who try to get on with our lives in respectable fashion are constantly and increasingly marginalised. Its as much a lawless enclave as Doddie's example but sadly this s**thole is all too real.

(And no, this isn't an anti-Hearts rant, most of the Yams don't live around here - lucky buggers)

gorgie_harp
17-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Having lived (existed) here for too long, the decline has been rapid in the last 5 years. The place is populated by wasters, druggies, dealers, and general low-life who neither work nor want.

Those of us who try to get on with our lives in respectable fashion are constantly and increasingly marginalised. Its as much a lawless enclave as Doddie's example but sadly this s**thole is all too real.

(And no, this isn't an anti-Hearts rant, most of the Yams don't live around here - lucky buggers)

That's why i left gorgie, mind that years ago. Still was an interesting place to grow up, especially being a hibs boy. Still enjoy going back to visit parents. And a pint or two in (luckies)/horse shoe.

KeithTheHibby
17-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Been in Gorgie 5 times today however didn't have to leave the car, thank ****.

Cocaine&Caviar
17-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Hhe place is populated by wasters, druggies, dealers, and general low-life who neither work nor want.

Ive honestly got no idea what youre talking about. Ive lived on Dalry Road, although pretty much Gorgie Road for a year, and go through Gorgie every day to either go to Uni, Sainsburys or Aldi, and have never seen any of this. Apart from the school lunch and finishing times, and that is to be expected at every high school in britain.

Houchy
17-02-2011, 06:13 PM
That's why i left gorgie, mind that years ago. Still was an interesting place to grow up, especially being a hibs boy. Still enjoy going back to visit parents. And a pint or two in (luckies)/horse shoe.

Do Jimmy and Davie Lamb still drink in there. Good mates of mine that i've not seen for years. There was Brian Reynolds, John Sheridan, Derek Hook, Gerry McAllan and Sean (can't remember his surname) the plasterer.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Off licenses with cages
And even aldis has some theft contraption gates

Onsequence of being too close to the jail?

greenginger
17-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Do Jimmy and Davie Lamb still drink in there. Good mates of mine that i've not seen for years. There was Brian Reynolds, John Sheridan, Derek Hook, Gerry McAllan and Sean (can't remember his surname) the plasterer.

I had a guy called Lamb moving furniture for me a few months back , said he was headed for a couple in Luckies when he was finished. Sound guy !

Greentinted
17-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Ive honestly got no idea what youre talking about. Ive lived on Dalry Road, although pretty much Gorgie Road for a year, and go through Gorgie every day to either go to Uni, Sainsburys or Aldi, and have never seen any of this. Apart from the school lunch and finishing times, and that is to be expected at every high school in britain.

Take a wander round the Wheatfields or Smithfields and it will all become clear.
I am not a violent man but on several occasions I have been forced into physically defending myself.
As an example, I was out the back and was subject to abuse from a couple of druggies - something about owing them money from when I was in the jail (which I haven't been)...a status dog was unleashed and quickly returned to sender with tender testicles.
I had no idea what the radge in the white trackie was on about but he started on me again later that day (he believed he was immume from retribution being in the informal employ of L&Bs finest as a registered grass).
3 days later, he apologised for the misunderstanding.

I have been covered in stercoratious effluvia hoisted over the bannister in my stair from the top flat, my flat has been subject to 4 break-ins/attempt break ins, the residents chuck their furniture in the street, the noise levels are intolerable, dogs crap where they want, fights break out, purple tins and needles carpet the backgreen areas, car windows are smashed regularly...need I continue

The place is a slum.

End of!!!

H18sry
17-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Take a wander round the Wheatfields or Smithfields and it will all become clear.
I am not a violent man but on several occasions I have been forced into physically defending myself.
As an example, I was out the back and was subject to abuse from a couple of druggies - something about owing them money from when I was in the jail (which I haven't been)...a status dog was unleashed and quickly returned to sender with tender testicles.
I had no idea what the radge in the white trackie was on about but he started on me again later that day (he believed he was immume from retribution being in the informal employ of L&Bs finest as a registered grass).
3 days later, he apologised for the misunderstanding.

I have been covered in stercoratious effluvia hoisted over the bannister in my stair from the top flat, my flat has been subject to 4 break-ins/attempt break ins, the residents chuck their furniture in the street, the noise levels are intolerable, dogs crap where they want, fights break out, purple tins and needles carpet the backgreen areas, car windows are smashed regularly...need I continue

The place is a slum.

End of!!!

So much so why are you still staying there or putting up with it?

Greentinted
17-02-2011, 07:20 PM
So much so why are you still staying there or putting up with it?

Finances, simple as.

Hibernia Na Eir
17-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Utter slum part of out city. :agree:

H18sry
17-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Finances, simple as.

So you would rather be living under threat than move to another part of town that you would feel safer in, all for the sake of a few quid. Strange :rolleyes:

Greentinted
17-02-2011, 07:27 PM
So you would rather be living under threat than move to another part of town that you would feel safer in, all for the sake of a few quid. Strange :rolleyes:

Major assumptions sir, major. You don't need my life story but sometimes circumstances dictate. In the event, the choice was here or homeless and I may be silly, but not that silly.
All for the sake of a few quid eh:rolleyes:

H18sry
17-02-2011, 07:28 PM

It's no different to part's of Leith if you are honest

H18sry
17-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Major assumptions sir, major. You don't need my life story but sometimes circumstances dictate. In the event, the choice was here or homeless and I may be silly, but not that silly.
All for the sake of a few quid eh:rolleyes:

Nobody is saying you are silly, but is, you and your families safety not of paramount importance?

I have lived in and around Gorgay for the majority of my life and still do work in the area that you are talking about and apart from the parking and dog poo I have never witnessed anything more sinister than that, [okay I have never been in the back green's :greengrin]

gorgie_harp
18-02-2011, 08:19 AM

Total pish.