PDA

View Full Version : Galbraith signs extension!

ancienthibby
17-02-2011, 01:20 PM
See the RSS feed on this site.

Good news and will help the young lad's confidence no end.

I assume this is CC now starting to secure the out of contract players he wants to keep.

Well done CC and well done DG.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
17-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Awesome news. I'd expect him to continue getting the odd bit of gametime for the rest of this season and really kick on as a first team regular next year.

Spike Mandela
17-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Palsson next please!!

Riordans Boots
17-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Great news :thumbsup:

Saorsa
17-02-2011, 01:31 PM
See the RSS feed on this site.

Good news and will help the young lad's confidence no end.

I assume this is CC now starting to secure the out of contract players he wants to keep.

Well done CC and well done DG.:thumbsup::thumbsup:As per I dinnae suppose that will meet with universal approval on here but have tae say I'm pleased with that news.

Golden Bear
17-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Good news - he's just the type of player we should be trying to keep and I'm sure he'll continue to improve.

:thumbsup:

MountcastleHibs
17-02-2011, 01:39 PM
On official site too.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110217/galbraith-signs-new-contract_2262950_2295680

Dashing Bob S
17-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Good news - he's just the type of player we should be trying to keep and I'm sure he'll continue to improve.

:thumbsup:

Hmmm...a pacy, skillfull wide player from Man U who can cross a ball? Don't think that's much good to us. How about finding an eight stone midfield dwarf from Falkirk for the engine room? Priorities, CC!

Sir David Gray
17-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Although I thought he would have been on his way in the summer, I'm quite pleased that he has signed a new deal as he's certainly one of the better players in our squad.

He's still young as well, not even 21 until later this year, so he has plenty of time to show what he can do.

greenlex
17-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Under 21 internationalist. There are folk on another thread wanting rid of him!!!!
Well done son. Onwards and upwards.

aberhibsfc
17-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Palsson next please!!

:agree:

Riordan too.

lucky
17-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Well I hope it spurs him on to delivering for hibs. But I think he might remain a not part player

Hibs90
17-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Meh, doesn't deserve one IMO.

J-C
17-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Palsson next please!!

He signed an 18 month deal, so has another year to go.

Dunbar Hibee
17-02-2011, 03:15 PM
:thumbsup: He will come good, im sure of it.:aok:

Golden Bear
17-02-2011, 03:20 PM

Thank you for your valuable contribution Yogi.

:wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Based on playing time and performances, this one surprises me a little bit. CC must be seeing potential though in training, and his judgement is good enough for me.

Spike Mandela
17-02-2011, 03:25 PM
He signed an 18 month deal, so has another year to go.

Reckon we need this guy on a longer contract or he will be away next January:boo hoo:

Beefster
17-02-2011, 04:21 PM
It's a 'fair enough' extension if he's not on a particularly high wage. He needs to start performing on a regular basis from next season though.

sesoim
17-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Reckon we need this guy on a longer contract or he will be away next January:boo hoo:

:agree: Celtic or Rangers will get him on a pre-contract in a year's time. I think we would have signed him on a longer contract if he wanted one. If I'm being honest Hibs are probably just a stepping stone for him, but it would be great if we could persuade him to sign a longer contract so we can at least make a bit of money out of him when he leaves.

ballengeich
17-02-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm pleased that Galbraith is staying. I think people who criticise him forget that he's young and still at an age where he can reasonably be expected to get steadily better during the next few seasons.

The Hurricane
17-02-2011, 05:13 PM
:agree: Celtic or Rangers will get him on a pre-contract in a year's time. I think we would have signed him on a longer contract if he wanted one. If I'm being honest Hibs are probably just a stepping stone for him, but it would be great if we could persuade him to sign a longer contract so we can at least make a bit of money out of him when he leaves.
Are you serious? the boy is nowhere near good enough for us flatters to deceive every time he plays

Wotherspiniesta
17-02-2011, 05:13 PM

He's shown more than enough improvement to merit a new deal.

Not technically brilliant but the basics are there.

Well done Danny, keep working hard and keep improving and you'll be a valuable asset for years to come for the Hibees. :flag:

Wotherspiniesta
17-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Are you serious? the boy is nowhere near good enough for us flatters to deceive every time he plays

They were talking about Palsson, not Galbraith. Or is Palsson the new scapegoat. Boo....

Sylar
17-02-2011, 05:16 PM
He's shown more than enough improvement to merit a new deal.

Not technically brilliant but the basics are there.

Well done Danny, keep working hard and keep improving and you'll be a valuable asset for years to come for the Hibees. :flag:

I agree he may keep improving, but I don't think you can say the basics ARE there yet.

He leaves Booth exposed FAR too often, his tackling is poor and his goalscoring record (or lack thereof) speaks for itself. He has good natural pace and can deliver a ball into the box though.

Seen worse players, but I hope it's not a big (in a Hibs sense) money extension

Wotherspiniesta
17-02-2011, 05:21 PM
I agree he may keep improving, but I don't think you can say the basics ARE there yet.

He leaves Booth exposed FAR too often, his tackling is poor and his goalscoring record (or lack thereof) speaks for itself.

Seen worse players, but I hope it's not a big (in a Hibs sense) money extension

He plays wide left, in theory his job isn't to score goals. Its to set them up. He's set up a fair few more goals than a lot of our midfield.

The basics being his pace and ability to take a man on and put in a cross. He has all that in his locker already and his final ball will only get better with more time on the park.

I agree about him leaving the LB exposed at times though.

There's a good player in there, I'm sure of it.

PeterboroHibee
17-02-2011, 06:00 PM
People are far too harsh on him, hes a 20 year old hes only recently been getting some proper first team action. Could take a couple of years before he really starts turning into a player but so what? He is very raw just now, he will make mistakes but its all a learning process. Hes only made 9 starts for us so far (according to soccerbase), really isnt enough to make any real judgement on a player.

Think people need to stop being stupid and realise that we have a fairly exciting young guy on our hands, clearly rated by people who know more than those who criticise him (Hibs management and Scotland U21 set up). Well done to him and getting the contract extension and heres hoping he can develop into another quality player!

greenlex
17-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Are folk really serious that they seem noin plussed that Galbraith is staying.
When did Hibs become so good we started showing under 21 internationals the door? Honestly the mind ****ing boggles. He isnt a world beater but is just a kid and will improve(as he has) with game time. Yogi obviously didnt fancy playing him but Calderwood must like what he sees. Thats good enough for me.:agree:

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2011, 06:17 PM
He has improved, sensible decision imo.:top marks

BEEJ
17-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I'm pleased with this news. Of all the players whose contracts finish this summer he is among the best and has the benefit of youth on his side..

The Hurricane
17-02-2011, 06:44 PM
They were talking about Palsson, not Galbraith. Or is Palsson the new scapegoat. Boo....
My mistake Palsson is a real player.

HibsMax
17-02-2011, 07:06 PM
People are far too harsh on him, hes a 20 year old hes only recently been getting some proper first team action. Could take a couple of years before he really starts turning into a player but so what? He is very raw just now, he will make mistakes but its all a learning process. Hes only made 9 starts for us so far (according to soccerbase), really isnt enough to make any real judgement on a player.

Think people need to stop being stupid and realise that we have a fairly exciting young guy on our hands, clearly rated by people who know more than those who criticise him (Hibs management and Scotland U21 set up). Well done to him and getting the contract extension and heres hoping he can develop into another quality player!

Are folk really serious that they seem noin plussed that Galbraith is staying.
When did Hibs become so good we started showing under 21 internationals the door? Honestly the mind ****ing boggles. He isnt a world beater but is just a kid and will improve(as he has) with game time. Yogi obviously didnt fancy playing him but Calderwood must like what he sees. Thats good enough for me.:agree:

I love it when other posters save me lots of typing. :)

Bob Box Fish
17-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Personally, I wouldn't have given him a new deal he has shown very little, if anything in his time here.

Baldy Foghorn
17-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Personally, I wouldn't have given him a new deal he has shown very little, if anything in his time here.

I am surprised a little also, but maybe CC can bring out the best in DG?....If he can start taking defenders on, and getting decent balls into box for Sodje and AN other, I will be more than happy.

bingo70
17-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Amazed at the negativity about Galbraith, he's not consistant enough but he does show in flashes what he's capable of, probably the only player in the squad that actually goes past a man sometimes.

IMO he's every bit as good as if not better than Wotherspoon yet i'm sure nobody would be happy for us to release DW.

SteveHFC
17-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Well Done Danny :thumbsup:

Riordan next please.

Cropley10
17-02-2011, 08:08 PM
I love it when other posters save me lots of typing. :)

Me too :topmarks:

Purehibee_MYB
17-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Happy to see he's signed a new contract, he's shown potential and I think a lot of people forget that he's still young...

Saying that I think there are a few other players higher on the list that I would want to sign a contract first, but good to get the ball rolling!

sahib
17-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Amazed at the negativity about Galbraith, he's not consistant enough but he does show in flashes what he's capable of, probably the only player in the squad that actually goes past a man sometimes.

IMO he's every bit as good as if not better than Wotherspoon yet i'm sure nobody would be happy for us to release DW.

:agree:

My thoughts exactly.

IWasThere2016
18-02-2011, 05:10 AM

Hmmm...a pacy, skillfull wide player from Man U who can cross a ball? Don't think that's much good to us. How about finding an eight stone midfield dwarf from Falkirk for the engine room? Priorities, CC!

:faf:

Stevie Reid
18-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Happy enough with this. Remember Yogi saying last year that since DG had been so troubled with injuries since he was 16, he had barely completed 90 minues in his career, and was struggling to cope accordingly. He's had a lot more game time over the last year and anyone with pace is welcome in the squad. Hopefully his other attributes will come to the fore now as well.

Dinkydoo
18-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Good stuff, a player we should be trying to keep. :thumbsup:

matty_f
18-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Great news imho. Danny has been steadily improving under calderwood and has the potential to be a key player for us if that improvement continues.

hfc rd
18-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Superb news! Danny Gailbraith looks as if he is getting a chance under CC. He never got a chance from Yogi and was always warming up the bench. He is only going to get better under CC and the good players he now currently has in the midfield. I really look forward in seeing this young lad progress and I hope he continues to excite us fans when he runs down that left wing and I also hope he gets more chances in the Scotland U21 squad and I'm sure he will under Billy Stark.