PDA

View Full Version : Question Melbourne.

WellingtonHibby
17-02-2011, 04:24 AM
Its a bit of a selfish thread, but if anyone can help out, I would be most grateful...

Are there any Hibbies in Melbourne? Ive just moved here (full time) and am

A) Gasping for a game of fives or something...they seem to have something called Futsal over here.:confused:

B) Looking for a boozer that is open late enough and will show this Hibs games and some company to watch them with, Ive watched the last two online with the Girlfriend. Her clear concise observations of just why we are crap are becoming a little grating...(!)

any info greatly appreciated.

Cheers

IWasThere2016
17-02-2011, 05:20 AM
Ive watched the last two online with the Girlfriend. Her clear concise observations of just why we are crap are becoming a little grating...(!)

Cheers

Called Andy Gray and Richard Keys and they advise as the Hibs've won the last two so get rid of the girlfriend :agree: The money saved on handbags, shoes, make-up and the like can be invested in a satellite system (preferably no SKY) to access the games. Seemples!

JON6207
17-02-2011, 05:49 AM
Its a bit of a selfish thread, but if anyone can help out, I would be most grateful...

A) Gasping for a game of fives or something...they seem to have something called Futsal over here.:confused:

B) Looking for a boozer that is open late enough and will show this Hibs games and some company to watch them with, Ive watched the last two online with the Girlfriend. Her clear concise observations of just why we are crap are becoming a little grating...(!)

Cheers

I'm moving to Melbourne in a few months so if you find any of the above let me know.

Cheers:aok:

easty
17-02-2011, 08:20 AM
I'm moving to Melbourne in a few months so if you find any of the above let me know.

Cheers:aok:

Mr Gentles? You've got a date set up for it then? Whens the leaving do?

I dunno why you're looking for a game of football though, you're murder.......you'll never live down the 'subbed on after an hour, subbed off 5 mins later debacle'.

J-C
17-02-2011, 09:07 AM

Cheers

Get in touch with the Melbourne Victory football club, I had the owner of the club in the taxi on saturday, he was going to the rugby, says he was also on the look out for new players, they may have facilities attatched to their club.

http://www.melbournevictory.com.au/

ozhibs
17-02-2011, 09:14 AM

Cheers

There are indeed a few Hibees in Melbourne and quite a few of them play football not sure about 5'2 tho we did have a team a good few years ago.

One of the best boozers to watch Hibs is the Charles Dickens in Collins street. The games are on Setanta which usually means who ever plays the ugly sisters get on the telly but there has been a few exception usually derby games.
We have an Australia Hibs supporters branch with a monthly newsletter we also have a email chat list as well.

I will post your comment on the list to try and help you.

ozhibs
17-02-2011, 10:40 AM
There are indeed a few Hibees in Melbourne and quite a few of them play football not sure about 5'2 tho we did have a team a good few years ago.

One of the best boozers to watch Hibs is the Charles Dickens in Collins street. The games are on Setanta which usually means who ever plays the ugly sisters get on the telly but there has been a few exception usually derby games.
We have an Australia Hibs supporters branch with a monthly newsletter we also have a email chat list as well.

Sorry for replying to my own post but if you email me at ozhibs@hotmail.com I will give you a contact

FranckSuzy
17-02-2011, 05:52 PM

:agree: My bro's the President but don't let that put you:agree: off :greengrin
He also plays 'soccer' :rolleyes: so might be able to put you in touch with some teams (he plays 'veterans' though :wink:) Plenty of Hibby's in Melbourne and I've met a few in the Charles Dickens which is open pretty late too!