PDA

View Full Version : Friday nights in Edinburgh

pacorosssco
16-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Home the morn and a night out planned.

Where good for later hours . Is this Indie place at HMV lothian road any good

Citrus on a Friday or is Berlin still on the go?

any info appreciated ta

.Sean.
16-02-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm tempted to try friday at the picture house, not heard much about it though.

pacorosssco
16-02-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm tempted to try friday at the picture house, not heard much about it though.

Citrus used to be good but ive not lived in edinburgh for almost 5 years and a bit outta touch

Century 2000 though . Oh what a night especially wed night circa 1994 - 1997

Sick Boy
17-02-2011, 01:11 AM
Try Evol at Liquid Room on Friday if you're into Indie music. Used to go there all the time back when I was at uni and it was always a good night. Citrus has a similar sort of night on a Saturday which is always pretty good.

Edit: No idea what the Picturehouse is like as it hadn't re-opened for weekend club nights before I left.

Calvin
17-02-2011, 02:26 AM
Was at the indie night at the Picture House on it's launch night three weeks ago and it was the best night I've had in who knows how long? Exactly my kind of music and a good crowd as well. Indie ranging from the well known stuff like Libertines etc. to Maximo Park, Slow Club and Steriogram etc.

Citrus is good on a Saturday, less mainstream indie I would say but that makes it better. Only issue is that the club is a bit 'rustic' now.

The_Exile
17-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Ahhhhh La Belle, the memories, can't afford to go out these days with the price of it all, 3 kids now too, have one for the likes of me stuck in the hoose watching ant and decs push the f****** button on a saturday night :greengrin

Speedy
17-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Home the morn and a night out planned.

Where good for later hours . Is this Indie place at HMV lothian road any good

Citrus on a Friday or is Berlin still on the go?

any info appreciated ta

Berlin isn't Berlin anymore. I've not been since it was renamed so I've no idea what it's like.

.Sean.
23-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Picture House worth a visit on a Friday night then? I'm planning a night up town this Friday and want a change from City...

Picture House also seems reasonable price-wise (not that the money aspect bothers myself, it's my pesky student mates who need to watch the pennies!) and the music sounds promising.

The big question however, is what is the talent like?

Calvin
23-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Picture House worth a visit on a Friday night then? I'm planning a night up town this Friday and want a change from City...

Picture House also seems reasonable price-wise (not that the money aspect bothers myself, it's my pesky student mates who need to watch the pennies!) and the music sounds promising.

Yes, I'd say worth a visit for sure. I'm a pesky student mate and even I could afford to get steaming there.

Talent could be better but I've seen a lot, lot worse although maybe I'm conditioned for Aberdeen now :greengrin

Hermit Crab
28-02-2011, 03:14 PM

Edinburghs got nae talent! :greengrin