PDA

View Full Version : Attendance for 'Green Day'

Keith_M
16-02-2011, 11:30 AM
What does everybody think the attendance will be for the game on 26th? (Free Tickets Day).

Hibs have around 9,000 ST Holders but I've got a feeling that not everyone will be taking up the offer (as I'm sure quite a few probably couldn't give a toss and others will let it 'slip their mind').

I'd estimate there will be around 14,000 Hibs fans, with another 500 in the visitors end. Considering the crowds of late, I'd reckon that would be a decent achievement.

What do you all think?

RIP
16-02-2011, 11:37 AM
A straw poll conducted amongst ST's I know - out of 30 - only 3 are participating. Many live outside Edinburgh - so may not be representative

Saorsa
16-02-2011, 11:40 AM
What does everybody think the attendance will be for the game on 26th? (Free Tickets Day).

Hibs have around 9,000 ST Holders but I've got a feeling that not everyone will be taking up the offer (as I'm sure quite a few probably couldn't give a toss and others will let it 'slip their mind').

I'd estimate there will be around 14,000 Hibs fans, with another 500 in the visitors end. Considering the crowds of late, I'd reckon that would be a decent achievement.

What do you all think?I would say similar tae you, somewhere between 14,000-15,000 tops. I would guess that a fair number of those who will be there with a free ticket will have been there anyway as pay at the gate supporters. While I think it is a great idea from the club tae try and get folk along, I reckon it could be a costly one which winnae bring in as big a crowd as they might be hoping for.

CallumLaidlaw
16-02-2011, 12:03 PM
I would say similar tae you, somewhere between 14,000-15,000 tops. I would guess that a fair number of those who will be there with a free ticket will have been there anyway as pay at the gate supporters. While I think it is a great idea from the club tae try and get folk along, I reckon it could be a costly one which winnae bring in as big a crowd as they might be hoping for.

I suppose the only way of the club finding out how well this kind of initiative is recieved is by running with it.
Would be great to see 18,000 Hibbies there, but I can see less than half our ST holders nominating someone, either through not knowing about this, not having anyone to nominate, not being impressed by the idea, or not wanting to risk being responsible for a stranger.
As said on another thread, would be good if people could get the tickets and give them to charities, schools, etc

Postman
16-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Well there are 6 in my ST group and all will be bringing along an additional person!

Sammy7nil
16-02-2011, 12:32 PM
8 ST's in my group we hope to bring 6 :greengrin

Ken
16-02-2011, 12:34 PM
I've not actually heard anyone mention this outside hibs.net and it's only been advertised (as far as I am aware) on the official website and here.

I'd be surprised is 50% of season ticket holders know about it, never mind are going to bring someone along.

On average per home game 10% of season ticket holders don't make the game so there will be about 9,000 season holders about 1,500 pay at the gate supporters and maybe 2,000 freebies. Added with 500 ICT fans I think the attendance will be approx 13,000.

Better advertising would have added another 1,000-2,000 to that figure. :agree:

CallumLaidlaw
16-02-2011, 12:52 PM
I've not actually heard anyone mention this outside hibs.net and it's only been advertised (as far as I am aware) on the official website and here.

I'd be surprised is 50% of season ticket holders know about it, never mind are going to bring someone along.

On average per home game 10% of season ticket holders don't make the game so there will be about 9,000 season holders about 1,500 pay at the gate supporters and maybe 2,000 freebies. Added with 500 ICT fans I think the attendance will be approx 13,000.

Better advertising would have added another 1,000-2,000 to that figure. :agree:

Apparently there was a piece in the EEN the day after it launched, but I do agree with you. A piece in the programme, some posters around the place at the Killie game, a wee ad on Radio forth. That could have added to the gate by quite a few

_hucks_
16-02-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm surprised actually that Hibs haven't written to every ST holder. They happily send out catalogues and the likes on their mailing lists, so to not do it to advertise this is a poor show.

Hibbyradge
16-02-2011, 01:12 PM
The club have emailed everyone on their mailing list, I think.

Speedy
16-02-2011, 01:24 PM

Franck Stanton
16-02-2011, 01:30 PM

Must've missed me out then as only found out via .net - I replied to e-mail adress and to date, hasn,t been accepted, so whilst I would participate, seem unlikely I will be allowed to. Thems the breaks kid.

hibbymac
16-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Must've missed me out then as only found out via .net - I replied to e-mail adress and to date, hasn,t been accepted, so whilst I would participate, seem unlikely I will be allowed to. Thems the breaks kid.

Why not? Are you a season ticket holder?

Keith_M
16-02-2011, 01:37 PM

I've not had an E-Mail, nor has my Sister, so I think there's a problem somewhere. I'm one of those who read it on the internet.

It would be a shame if it didn't work out just because not enough people knew.

Famous Fiver
16-02-2011, 02:01 PM
I am sorry that I don't share the negativity and critical comments liberally sprinkled in this thread.

I think it is a great idea and is to be praised.

I do feel that I have paid up front in full for the season when someone (in my case a close relative) can get a freebie. But this is Hibs we are talking about and anything that can be done to get more people in Hibs are to be applauded.

IWasThere2016
16-02-2011, 02:04 PM

:agree: I certainly did.

Great idea IMHO. I accept DD's point about the cost but if there was a repeat of the second half performance/atmosphere and result then IMO more fans would return.

GGTTH :thumbsup:

Westie1875
16-02-2011, 02:07 PM
I got an email about it.

Leithenhibby
16-02-2011, 02:14 PM

I certainly got more than one e-mail and have taken up the offer :wink:

The only problem now is that I need someone to PM me so I can get one concession for my young lad in the west lower :aok: North side ....

You know you want to :thumbsup:

Keith_M
16-02-2011, 02:23 PM
I am sorry that I don't share the negativity and critical comments liberally sprinkled in this thread.

I think it is a great idea and is to be praised.

I do feel that I have paid up front in full for the season when someone (in my case a close relative) can get a freebie. But this is Hibs we are talking about and anything that can be done to get more people in Hibs are to be applauded.

:confused:

Where was the negativity?

As far as I can see, everybody is welcoming this. The only other thing on this thread is a concern that such a great offer might pass some people by.

Famous Fiver
16-02-2011, 04:09 PM
325 Easter road
Desperate Dan
Callum Laidlaw
Ken
hucks

Is that enough?

Phil MaGlass
16-02-2011, 04:24 PM
The club should be applauded for this initiative. Its the right idea but maybe the wrong folk being targetted, alot of pay at the gate fans will now not have to pay at the gate, the club could maybe have given 4000 adult and child tix away to schools throughout Edinburgh or in areas with higher poverty or give the tix to kids football clubs throughout Edinburgh. My local club does this and the parent and kids end is full every game. Kids spend a wad on crisps and juice and club scarves etc..etc..and now the club is selling out every home game, mind you the club are winning quite regularly aswell.

Hibercelona
16-02-2011, 04:27 PM
I think its about time we got the "feel good factor" back at Easter Road. Sure, we ain't got anything to gain from this season, but id like to think that people would turn up in good numbers just to give the team and the club that extra lift.

CallumLaidlaw
16-02-2011, 04:43 PM
325 Easter road
Desperate Dan
Callum Laidlaw
Ken
hucks

Is that enough?

No negativity from me. I think it's a great idea. Just think we're unlikely to get all ST holders to take advantage of this due to different factors

PaulSmith
16-02-2011, 04:54 PM
No negativity from me. I think it's a great idea. Just think we're unlikely to get all ST holders to take advantage of this due to different factors

Main one being is that they actually need to do something themselves for a change rather than it being handed on a plate as so many have come to expect.

Thomson1875
16-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Think there will be about 15000 there, also think it would be a great idea to give tickets to schools and colleges.something else I thought would be a good idea is get a free ticket when u spend over say 75 pound in the clubstore.

blairwallace
16-02-2011, 06:45 PM
18,750 :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
16-02-2011, 06:50 PM
As far as I am aware they haven't started tickets for the South Stand yet..

So 3,500 away seats - say ICT bring a few hundred

You have 16,500 left for home fans -

9000 season ticket holders - say 8000 turn up plus 4,000 free tickets ???

I am thinking 12-14,000 ?

Would have liked more though and can't understand if a ST doesn't use the offer :confused:

I really haven't a clue! :greengrin

Cracker
16-02-2011, 07:00 PM

What do you all think?
If Hibs win on Sunday agree with your estimate, if they lose well poor gate under 10,000

Speedy
16-02-2011, 07:34 PM
18,750 :thumbsup:

I wonder if there are any statos out there that can tell us how many times we have had an attendance of 18,750, or if we ever have?

CropleyWasGod
16-02-2011, 07:35 PM
I wonder if there are any statos out there that can tell us how many times we have had an attendance of 18,750, or if we ever have?

In recent years, you mean? Or ever?

ScottB
16-02-2011, 07:58 PM

Isn't the stadium attendance record around the 60 - 80k mark?

In recent years I don't know, obviously our capacity was less than that till we built the new East...

Keith_M
16-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Isn't the stadium attendance record around the 60 - 80k mark?

In recent years I don't know, obviously our capacity was less than that till we built the new East...

I think he means that EXACT figure, as opposed to that many or more (if you know what I mean)

The record attendance is 65,860 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Road).

Removed
16-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Main one being is that they actually need to do something themselves for a change rather than it being handed on a plate as so many have come to expect.

:confused: what is anyone expecting on a plate?

Sir David Gray
16-02-2011, 10:19 PM
I think there will be around 13,500-14,000 at this game.

Removed
16-02-2011, 10:20 PM

And if you had some bottle it would be 13,501-14,001 :wink:

iwasthere1972
16-02-2011, 10:24 PM

:agree:

ArabHibee
16-02-2011, 10:27 PM

Way off on another tangent, but did you have a blue hat on at the game on Saturday?

Sir David Gray
16-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Way off on another tangent, but did you have a blue hat on at the game on Saturday?

You're asking some question there!

I can't remember if I wore a hat on Saturday but if I did it would have been plain black.

Why? You're not stalking me again are you!?

:wink:

ArabHibee
16-02-2011, 10:39 PM
You're asking some question there!

I can't remember if I wore a hat on Saturday but if I did it would have been plain black.

Why? You're not stalking me again are you!?

:wink:

Again? Dinnae flatter yourself!! :cool2:

Hermit Crab
16-02-2011, 11:18 PM
How long after you emailed Hibs requesting a free ticket did you get a responce?

Sir David Gray
16-02-2011, 11:21 PM

And if my nominated fan was found with a bottle on them, the attendance at the next home game could be 13,499-13,999. :greengrin

Removed
16-02-2011, 11:45 PM
And if my nominated fan was found with a bottle on them, the attendance at the next home game could be 13,499-13,999. :greengrin

http://www.motiv8-usa.com/productimages/snowbord_fs.jpg

If you're not living life on the edge you're not living......................or growing the fanbase :greengrin

Speedy
17-02-2011, 12:18 AM
In recent years, you mean? Or ever?

Either, whatever the statos can get their hands on.

I think he means that EXACT figure, as opposed to that many or more (if you know what I mean)

The record attendance is 65,860 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Road).

:agree: Aye, I meant exactly 18750.

I will be surprised and very impressed if anyone can find that out but there is normally someone on here that can find the answer to things.

monktonharp
17-02-2011, 12:23 AM

What do you all think?think you forgot to factor in the fact that not all season ticket holders know about the deal ,or just dont use a pc. spoke to a family of 3 ST holders today that never knew.quite a few wont know how to do it/or know someone that would go and a fair few walk-ups wont know either or cant get a freebie. I still think we will get 15-16k at the game, with a fair amount of walk ups still going and a lot less ST holders giving this game a miss if they've given out freebies.

dp00
17-02-2011, 05:56 AM
Sure someone mentioned hibs were giving 500/1000 tickets to local youth clubs but were waiting till after the closing date so they knew where they could sit them... Tbh I may have dreamt that up tho :/

AndersonGGTTH
17-02-2011, 08:58 AM
by the way .. when i emailed to get the free ticket it was at my gf's dooor next again day! what about all of youse?:cgwa

aljo7-0
17-02-2011, 09:23 AM
by the way .. when i emailed to get the free ticket it was at my gf's dooor next again day! what about all of youse?:cgwa

My brother emailed Hibs on Monday evening requesting 3 tickets for me and my 2 kids (based on his and his 2 kids' season tickets) and I got the tickets (for the 3 seats behind theirs) yesterday morning. Fantastic service from the Hibees :not worth

erin go bragh
17-02-2011, 10:12 PM
How long after you emailed Hibs requesting a free ticket did you get a responce?
emailed fri and tickets arrived monday [can see the crowd being 16 thousand plus ]
me and the laddie normaly go to the east but my st mate that got me the tickets sits in the ff lower[ does anyone know if we could chance our luck and try to get in the east :greengrin as we were in the ss in the east for the st midden game and it was great right through the whole game.
ggtth

Leithenhibby
17-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Sure someone mentioned hibs were giving 500/1000 tickets to local youth clubs but were waiting till after the closing date so they knew where they could sit them... Tbh I may have dreamt that up tho :/

Still, it's an excellent idea as long as they don't all squeal at once ... :wink:

I'm still looking for one for the wee fella for the west lower!! any takers? Pm please ... :thumbsup:

seanraff07
18-02-2011, 01:07 AM
emailed fri and tickets arrived monday [can see the crowd being 16 thousand plus ]
me and the laddie normaly go to the east but my st mate that got me the tickets sits in the ff lower[ does anyone know if we could chance our luck and try to get in the east :greengrin as we were in the ss in the east for the st midden game and it was great right through the whole game.
ggtth

Before the game, try get there maybe an hour or so before, and go to the Ticket Office they should allow you to exchange your seats, i think.

hfc rd
18-02-2011, 12:46 PM
My guess is 12K.

PaulSmith
18-02-2011, 01:55 PM
My guess is 12K.

There will be 15000 at this game IMO.

I've done my bit in getting 3 lapsed ST holders along to the game.

hfc rd
18-02-2011, 02:07 PM
There will be 15000 at this game IMO.

I've done my bit in getting 3 lapsed ST holders along to the game.

Yes so have I and I would be very pleased if we manage to get 15,000 in for this game. I have managed to get a few of my mates along for this one. But I don't know if many people will take up this option at this moment of time. Maybe because they still want to see if this good run of results can continue for at least another couple of games as we all remember what happened the last time we won two games on the trot? We need to keep our feet firmly on the ground and touchwood this run continues and we keep our SPL status and start challenging higher up the table next season for Europe and also getting a good run in the League and Scottish Cup. I have belief in Calderwood to do this if he is financially backed to bring his own players in.

:cgwa

Jack
18-02-2011, 04:08 PM
I would say similar tae you, somewhere between 14,000-15,000 tops. I would guess that a fair number of those who will be there with a free ticket will have been there anyway as pay at the gate supporters. While I think it is a great idea from the club tae try and get folk along, I reckon it could be a costly one which winnae bring in as big a crowd as they might be hoping for.

You could be right in that it might cost the club cash at the end of the day but I think that will mare than be made up with goodwill.

The club had set up an automatic response to acknowledge receipt of the email requests but also had a bit of difficulty in the first couple of days where emails were being sent to the spam folders. They were sorting this out at the end of last week.

So if you haven’t received an acknowledgement of your email within a day or so, if it was me, I’d be getting in touch to make sure they had the application.

Dashing Bob S
18-02-2011, 04:15 PM
There will be about 1,500 football fans there (the 12th man) and 13,000 boring barstewards.

CallumHibs07
18-02-2011, 04:16 PM
If we play well and get a good result hopefully the extra fans will come back.

iwasthere1972
18-02-2011, 04:41 PM
My guess is 12K.

As Les Dennis used to say on Family Fortunes "If it's there I'll give you the money myself"

A lot really depends on the result at the weekend against St Mirren but can't for the life of me see any less than 14,500-15,000 there. Hopefully there will be more freeloaders :wink: than expected and we might even hit 16k.

Keith_M
18-02-2011, 07:36 PM
First ticket arrived today, after E-Mailing on Wednesday. Great service!

:thumbsup:

Leithenhibby
18-02-2011, 07:45 PM
As Les Dennis used to say on Family Fortunes "If it's there I'll give you the money myself"

A lot really depends on the result at the weekend against St Mirren but can't for the life of me see any less than 14,500-15,000 there. Hopefully there will be more freeloaders :wink: than expected and we might even hit 16k.

:na na::na na: I think they should just open the gates for the rest of the season ...