PDA

View Full Version : Do Hibs have any English scouts?

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2011, 08:38 AM
My mate has done a little bit of scouting for a couple of English clubs in the past, but is not doing so at the moment. He is connected with a youth club, and watches a lot of youth football.

He thinks there are 2 players that are still unattached that he thinks have a real chance. And wondered if there was someone who might be able to have a look at them, or even just pass their names on?

Wheat Hound
16-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Martin Ling was English scout under Mixus tenure and possibly yogis too.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Martin Ling was English scout under Mixus tenure and possibly yogis too.

Cheers, how would i get in touch with him mate?

Perspective
16-02-2011, 10:16 AM
My mate has done a little bit of scouting for a couple of English clubs in the past, but is not doing so at the moment. He is connected with a youth club, and watches a lot of youth football.

He thinks there are 2 players that are still unattached that he thinks have a real chance. And wondered if there was someone who might be able to have a look at them, or even just pass their names on?

There was a previous thread on here that saw someone get a reply from David Woodison, Head of Scouting. Think that was his name.

offshorehibby
16-02-2011, 10:19 AM
There was a previous thread on here that saw someone get a reply from David Woodison, Head of Scouting. Think that was his name.

If in doubt email the board and Fyfe Hyndlad usually passes on any email to the relevant person

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2011, 10:20 AM
I now have a contact name and email address, and have passed it on.

:thumbsup:

Peevemor
16-02-2011, 10:28 AM
I don't know about scouts, but I heard Rix had a couple of guides and a brownie on the go during his time at Hearts. :agree:

Wheat Hound
16-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Cheers, how would i get in touch with him mate?

Sorry mate, didn't have contact details but glad you have them now anyway. Here's hoping you've helped uncover a gem for the hibees!

Speedy
16-02-2011, 11:52 AM
I noticed you've found the info you needed but I thought I'd mention the thread where the Kiwi guy recommended Shane Smeltz to one of the scouts.

I don't actually know what was done but the guy got a reply.

KWJ
16-02-2011, 02:10 PM
I noticed you've found the info you needed but I thought I'd mention the thread where the Kiwi guy recommended Shane Smeltz to one of the scouts.

I don't actually know what was done but the guy got a reply.

A ridiculous one at that.

3pm
16-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Can someone find out my recommendation - from 4 years ago - of Paddy McCourt is going?

Yours,

Bitter, 31, Meadowbank.