PDA

View Full Version : 6882

007 Mickey Weir
16-02-2011, 06:19 AM
Just saw that 6882 people turned up for the Aberdeen v Motherwell game last night. The sheep get touted as the 4thteam in Scotland after old firm and diet huns. But when was the last time we got under 7000 for a league game??

greenlad
16-02-2011, 06:34 AM
vs Partick Thistle 2004 last home game pre-Mowbray

hibbytam
16-02-2011, 06:48 AM
To be fair, it was really horrid weather last night.

PiemanP
16-02-2011, 07:07 AM
Saturday 3pm you'd be looking at around 10K attendance.....shows you what weeknight football does.

Antifa Hibs
16-02-2011, 07:44 AM
Saturday 3pm you'd be looking at around 10K attendance.....shows you what weeknight football does.

Pish man. Since October they have only had two 10,000+ crowds. Dundee Utd at home on New Year's Day and Celtic at home last week.
Their support home support is dire!

The Falcon
16-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Pish man. Since October they have only had two 10,000+ crowds. Dundee Utd at home on New Year's Day and Celtic at home last week.
Their support home support is dire!

Is the Pa Broon uber revival still going :dunno:

Billy Whizz
16-02-2011, 08:27 AM

Still can't believe Hamilton v Hibs is on Tuesday 1st March. Head to head with Chelsea v Man Utd, when we have a free Saturday on 12th March!

.Sean.
16-02-2011, 08:55 AM
vs Partick Thistle 2004 last home game pre-Mowbray
Whittaker scored the winner in a 3-2 win IIRC.

And to think just a few months previously, we took 30,000 more than that to Hampden!

DarrenSQH
16-02-2011, 08:58 AM

And to think just a few months previously, we took 30,000 more than that to Hampden!

I was sure we lost. I remember a few throwing season tickets on the pitch which I thought was weird as it was the last game.

7Hero
16-02-2011, 09:09 AM
we had 6056 against ayr on a saturday and the away support would have been bigger than motherwells ?

People in Glasshouses and all that..

johnrebus
16-02-2011, 09:21 AM
we had 6056 against ayr on a saturday and the away support would have been bigger than motherwells ?

People in Glasshouses and all that..

The OP's question was regard to League games. Can't blame people for not wanting to turn up for an easy cup tie against a lower league team. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, nice to see the Paw Broon bubble burst and Hartley red carded - again.

:na na:

007 Mickey Weir
16-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Yes I was referring to LEAGUE games. Everyone has had terrible cup crowds.

Aberdeen have really fallen behind us and I don't see how they can recover unless crowds change bigtime.
We are at our lowest and still getting 10k plus every week.

Things with the cabbage aren't that bad. If we can get stable for a year a too and grow the youth again we should be in a very strong position in the SPL. Hearts can't keep spending this fake money forever. Rangers are in deep sh@te. So if we can just get past this spell.

GGTTH:flag:

hibeez1875
16-02-2011, 12:54 PM
The sheep get touted as the 4thteam in Scotland after old firm and diet huns.

If they are, it can't be based on home crowds, because Hibs have consistantly had bigger average gates over the last few years.

marinello59
16-02-2011, 01:36 PM
If they are, it can't be based on home crowds, because Hibs have consistantly had bigger average gates over the last few years.

We were pretty close attendance wise until fairly recently. They seem to have entered that most alarming stage for a support, total apathy. Long may their decline continue.

Storar
16-02-2011, 02:20 PM
I was sure we lost. I remember a few throwing season tickets on the pitch which I thought was weird as it was the last game.

Yeah we lost. Murdock scored at Both ends and Kevin Thomson suffered the first of many bad injuries!

AgentDaleCooper
16-02-2011, 02:23 PM

that was in december or early january IIRC

afc-2252
16-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Last night was a stick on for a poor crowd. The weather was horrendous, there was football on tv - unless you had a season ticket there wasn't much to tempt you along. Midweek games in winter months, early kick offs for tv etc are just killing the attendance levels all over. It's a sad state of affairs but I reckon the game is almost dead in Scotland.

GraniteCityHibs
16-02-2011, 11:32 PM
The OP's question was regard to League games. Can't blame people for not wanting to turn up for an easy cup tie against a lower league team. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, nice to see the Paw Broon bubble burst and Hartley red carded - again.

:na na:

aye, was delighted with that myself! A few boys in the office were saying Hartley was shocking and Blackman is worse! Looks like the love affair could be over! A bit typical of dons fans in general these days ecstatic after a couple of wins and looking forward to their semi final and then a couple of losses on the bounce and everyones shocking and It's panic stations again! Come to think of it It's a bit like hibs.net really!

Pete
16-02-2011, 11:42 PM
We were pretty close attendance wise until fairly recently. They seem to have entered that most alarming stage for a support, total apathy. Long may their decline continue.

Don't agree.
I'd rather people in Aberdeen and it's surrounding areas turned up to Dons games and made them a stronger force in Scottish football. The alternative is a load of people up there supporting the old firm or adopting Manchester United or Chelsea as their club. That's not good for our game in general.

Wakeyhibee
17-02-2011, 01:06 AM

So did I 2-3 (just checked that was 2003). First time I saw O'Connor,Riordan, Brown and Thomson IIRC, don't remember Whittaker though. Although the result was bad the game wasn't with the youngsters getting a run out and looking like we had some promise, which they did. 2004 we lost 1-2 to Partick last game at home again

hfc rd
17-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Plus they are going to possibly build a new 21,000 seater stadium and it is going to look absolutely ridiculous seeing a nice looking new stadium like that empty. But maybe another fact for such a low attendance was maybe most Aberdeen fans were thinking of staying at home or going to the pub to watch the Champions League game between Milan and Spurs. Also another one is look at the attendance of the Wigan game aginst Bolton last night? 7515? That nice 25,138 seater stadium always looks absolutely deserted and you really come to think and say. Are their more away fans than home fans at matchdays? As at times I have hardly ever seen the home end half full never mind a full house when the likes of United, Chelski, Spurs etc are in town.