16-02-2011, 03:52 AM
http://tottenhamlive.com/video/296-gattuso-v-joe-jordan.html :take that

To be honest I would love to see Gattuso get knocked out :agree:

I would fancy Jordan to win that fight too :agree:

MWHIBBIES
16-02-2011, 05:18 AM
http://tottenhamlive.com/video/296-gattuso-v-joe-jordan.html :take that

To be honest I would love to see Gattuso get knocked out :agree:

I would fancy Jordan to win that fight too :agree:Not condoning what Gattuso done as it was very stupid but apparently Jordan was winding him up the whole game as he just snapped witch is understandable.

Also i disagree Rino would kick his ass.:greengrin

KiddA
16-02-2011, 06:51 AM
Not condoning what Gattuso done as it was very stupid but apparently Jordan was winding him up the whole game as he just snapped witch is understandable.

Just a little gamesmanship from Jordan and Rino clearly took the bait :agree:

Remember though Italy is famous for having the smallest book in the world Italian war heroes :wink:

I still think Jordan would knock him out :take that it would be a good fight though :agree:

Stantons Angel
16-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Didnt see the game last night but Big Joe is an all time hero of mine.

He would have EATEN that ugly little toad ALIVE!

I loved the way Gattuso stood up to Crouch, talk about little and large...He he he!

Silly boy!!!!! :top marks

Ray_
16-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Not condoning what Gattuso done as it was very stupid but apparently Jordan was winding him up the whole game as he just snapped witch is understandable.

You gotta be kidding :greengrin If it did kick off, big Joe would have hit him so hard & fast Gattuso would have thought he was attacked by a gang.

Green_one
16-02-2011, 08:14 AM

No excuse for his whole eprformance that night. I agree with Souness that he is a player well past his best and struggled to cope with both his role and the result. A little coward too. Once a hun always a hun.

Joe Jordan - September 73 - Hero for Ever!!!:not worth

Baader
16-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Italian terrier with severe case of 'wee man syndrome' versus Lanarkshire heidbanger wi nae teeth?

I know who my money would be on!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Isn't this boy married to a glasgow lassie? Must have learned it from her.

scott7_0(Prague)
16-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Isn't this boy married to a glasgow lassie? Must have learned it from her.

Maybe Joe told him "yur wife looks like yur dug, wee man"

http://ricardo22rendy.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/g.jpg

down-the-slope
16-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Remember Jordan speaks Italian...and Rino speaks weegie.....wonder what they were using.....I'm guessing Jordan was calling him an erse in both....been one of the best midfielders of the last decade...but Jordan clearly won the mind games and an advantage for Spurs

Bishop Hibee
16-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Hun fighting Jambo. Who cares :wink:

Despite that dark period in his past about which I'm sure he's embarrassed, I'd have been cheering big Joe on.

Arch Stanton
16-02-2011, 09:39 AM

Jordan did a good job them since Gattuso managed to get himself booked ruling himself out of the return leg (how mental did he get at that?).

And I would back Joe - he won a penalty against Wales by punching the ball and he was so fast the ref called it against Wales. I think there was only ever one still photograph which caught him doing it.

Hibernia Na Eir
16-02-2011, 09:49 AM
I met jordan once top bloke, would love to have seen him batter the wee rangers fanny

JE89
16-02-2011, 09:51 AM
No excuse for his whole eprformance that night. I agree with Souness that he is a player well past his best and struggled to cope with both his role and the result. A little coward too. Once a hun always a hun.

A lot of what souness said about gatuso could have been used to describe souness in his days. Though he was slightly hypocritical

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Remember Jordan speaks Italian...and Rino speaks weegie.....wonder what they were using.....I'm guessing Jordan was calling him an erse in both....been one of the best midfielders of the last decade...but Jordan clearly won the mind games and an advantage for Spurs

:confused: Not for me he's not? He's a battler i will give you that, but never in a million years would i put him up there with the best.

Future17
16-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Gattuso was a great player for Milan at a time but is long past his best. He was previously in the Scott Brown mould (or vice versa) of winning personal battles and winding folk up after. Now he is no longer physically capable of winning those battles, he is a frustrated and frustrating player.

Allegri wouldn't even use him if it weren't for Milan's midfield injury crisis and Gattuso's pull in the dressing room.

No excuses for last night's antics - however the irony is that he got booked for the only tackle he made which wasn't a foul! :greengrin

J-C
16-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Loved what Souness said," he's picked the wrong guy to have a go at in big Joe".

What age is Jordan now 55ish, I'd still put my money on him over wee Gattusso. :greengrin

hibee_girl
16-02-2011, 10:11 AM

Gattuso said he was speaking Scottish to Jordan, something he learnt from his time in Glasgow.

ballengeich
16-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Jordan wasn't taking it very seriously - still had his teeth in.

FromTheCapital
16-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Gattuso - A wee fat ugly ****, Joe would have killed him....

Pretty Boy
16-02-2011, 10:57 AM
:confused: Not for me he's not? He's a battler i will give you that, but never in a million years would i put him up there with the best.

:agree:

Good at the job he does but nowhere near being one of the best midfielders of the decade.

Oh and Jordan would kill him in a square go.

Woody1985
16-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Where was the headbutt in the OP's video?

lapsedhibee
16-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Where was the headbutt in the OP's video?Scroll down the page.

Woody1985
16-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Scroll down the page.

Cheers :greengrin

WestStandhibee
16-02-2011, 11:43 AM
would put the mortgage of easter road on jordan to win by first round KO :greengrin

allezsauzee
16-02-2011, 12:35 PM
A good old fashioned rammy , you can't beat it. Pity most of the modern day footballers don't play with Rino Gattuso's passion!

scott7_0(Prague)
16-02-2011, 01:02 PM
A good old fashioned rammy , you can't beat it. Pity most of the modern day footballers don't play with Rino Gattuso's passion!

Not sure headbutting, throttling or punching is deemed legal in the rules of football, so I don't get your statement about other modern day players having similar passion. All i saw was a daft Guttuso who has pasted his best lose the plot and chuck his toys out the pram, he would not have been near that team if it wasn't for the injuries. :agree:

steve_
16-02-2011, 01:07 PM
it wasn't passion he played with lastnight, it was uncontrolled agression. see him punching the ground a couple o times?? total tool!!

Biggie
16-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Can't disagree with you about the passion allezsauzee, but as others have stated, Gauttusu (brings nothing more to the game than agression) and others in the Milan team are well past their sell by date....they had no pace to get behind the Spurs defence in the first half and only Pato and only Abate showed any desire...and as for Rubinho (sand dancer) and Ibrahimavoc (hot 'n cold),.....it says a lot about the state of serie a that they are top of the league.
Really dis-appointing as I like Milan, but last night surely was the final nail in the coffin for Gattusu (32), Seedorf (34), and the likes of Pirlo(31), Nesta (35), Ambronisi (34) - too many over 30, and at the very top level (where Milan should be)...they are found wanting. Gattusu may well find his european career over once Eufa get a hold of him.

Future17
16-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Can't disagree with you about the passion allezsauzee, but as others have stated, Gauttusu (brings nothing more to the game than agression) and others in the Milan team are well past their sell by date....they had no pace to get behind the Spurs defence in the first half and only Pato and only Abate showed any desire...and as for Rubinho (sand dancer) and Ibrahimavoc (hot 'n cold),.....it says a lot about the state of serie a that they are top of the league.
Really dis-appointing as I like Milan, but last night surely was the final nail in the coffin for Gattusu (32), Seedorf (34), and the likes of Pirlo(31), Nesta (35), Ambronisi (34) - too many over 30, and at the very top level (where Milan should be)...they are found wanting. Gattusu may well find his european career over once Eufa get a hold of him.

Milan have been in need of a rejuvenation of the playing squad for years, but Allegri has at least been allowed to start this process - an opportunity which was apparently denied Leonardo.

The players we've brought in (with the exception of Yepes and Van Bommel) have been younger and with Thiago Silva, Prince-Boateng and Pato, there is a younger spine to the team when they are all used.

The process will take a few years, but I think Allegri knows the job he has to do and I think he will get the time to do it.

cam75
16-02-2011, 07:15 PM
He should have been subbed long before the end it was clear to all he had lost the plot,the manager should take part of blame.

Bostonhibby
16-02-2011, 07:37 PM
In any other situation I'd stick my money on a 59 year old Joe to flatten yet another pumped up over paid twat who would run a mile from a " square go" without the front of a football match to hide behind.

Joe was far smarter and probably realised that by not knocking him out he would keep the moral high ground, maximise the gnaff's ban and help Spurs a bit too. Ex hun, end off.

Dashing Bob S
16-02-2011, 07:56 PM
In his prime, no contest. But this is a late middle-aged guy who has visibly physically pared down with age, and it would be a big ask to hold his end up in a square go with an athlete at his peak.

It would probably come down to how Rino reacted to the first Jordan blow, the Italian way, or whether his weedge training would kick in and he'd fancy the tear up. But not cut and dried methinks.

Maybe i'm just being hard on Joe J as I remember his big Yam love-in with Mercer, though predictably, that one ended in tears.

pacorosssco
16-02-2011, 08:17 PM

Souness is a big a hun as they come and cant talk about players being past it . George Mckluskey could tell about souness being a coward.

ballengeich
16-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Souness is a big a hun as they come and cant talk about players being past it . George Mckluskey could tell about souness being a coward.

I'd agree about that. Souness went for the soft touches in the opposition and kept out of the way when the hard players were contesting territory.

renato
17-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Rino is definitely limited these days and (sadly) not good enough to wear the rossoneri shirt any more. He also had a bad temper on him last night and the Spurs players were very clever in sensing this and winding him up further, obviously in an attempt to get him to react and see red.

Rino's accepted he was wrong and apologised. He's not apologised to Jordon though as his inflammatory behaviour caused a lot of the nonsense. Gattuso wasn't willing to quote what was said between them but his agent has:

"What seems evident to me is that my client was strongly provoked by Joe Jordan," Pasqualin told Napoli's Radio Kiss Kiss. "Jordan, after having continuously heckled him, insulted him with truly low phrase, saying '[effing] Italian *******'. For one like Rino, who has a strong sense of his Italian identity, I think this is the most disgusting and unjustifiable of insults."

He clearly shouldn't have reacted the way he did but, lets be honest, we'd all be fizzing if the same had happened to us......especially in a highly charged atmosphere with the adrenalin pumping.

Jordon knew what he was doing. Hertz :asshole:

renato
17-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Should also add that's really poor show from Jordon, who owes part of his career and finances to Milan and Italy. He should really know better than to resort to pish like that.

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Should also add that's really poor show from Jordon, who owes part of his career and finances to Milan and Italy. He should really know better than to resort to pish like that.

How do you know his agent is telling the truth? Gattuso has a habit of this does he not? Yet its all Jordans fault for something he might not have even said?

greenlex
17-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Rino is definitely limited these days and (sadly) not good enough to wear the rossoneri shirt any more. He also had a bad temper on him last night and the Spurs players were very clever in sensing this and winding him up further, obviously in an attempt to get him to react and see red.

Rino's accepted he was wrong and apologised. He's not apologised to Jordon though as his inflammatory behaviour caused a lot of the nonsense. Gattuso wasn't willing to quote what was said between them but his agent has:

He clearly shouldn't have reacted the way he did but, lets be honest, we'd all be fizzing if the same had happened to us......especially in a highly charged atmosphere with the adrenalin pumping.

Jordon knew what he was doing. Hertz :asshole:
FFS he lost the plot because some old geezer called him an Italian whatever!!!!
He got worse than that at ER. What a dick. An Italian one at that.

renato
17-02-2011, 10:33 PM
How do you know his agent is telling the truth? Gattuso has a habit of this does he not? Yet its all Jordans fault for something he might not have even said?

On the other hand, how do you know his agent is lying? The Italian media were as shocked as their British counterparts with Gattuso's antics and quite rightly wanted to know what provoked such actions.

His agent, when questioned by Italian radio, had no reason to hold back and the interviews etc in Italy are usually pretty blunt as they do like to get their opinions across :greengrin (just ask The Special One).

What exactly does Gattuso have a habit of? He was quoted as not wanting to state what was said between them, which I think is the right attitude to have.

As stated previously, Gattuso's actions were wrong and therefore he clearly shares the fault, however whatever Jordon said to provoke him like that suggests he's not the innocent party that 'Arry and the media are making him out to be.

IMO.

renato
17-02-2011, 10:34 PM

Shut it ya haggis munching green man :greengrin

:wink:

renato
17-02-2011, 10:44 PM

Picture the scene....you're playing in the Champions League knockouts in front of 76000 fans, you're playing poorly and your team is playing even worse. You've been involved in a few feisty challenges and lots of verbals. You're involved in a challenge and one of the opposition's coaching staff, who has nothing to do with you, starts mouthing off in your face.

It ain't going to take a lot to wind you up, never mind if someone turns round and (allegedly) calls you a "****in Scottish Barsteward".

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Picture the scene....you're playing in the Champions League knockouts in front of 76000 fans, you're playing poorly and your team is playing even worse. You've been involved in a few feisty challenges and lots of verbals. You're involved in a challenge and one of the opposition's coaching staff, who has nothing to do with you, starts mouthing off in your face.

It ain't going to take a lot to wind you up, never mind if someone turns round and (allegedly) calls you a "****in Scottish Barsteward".

Materazzi wound Zidane up to get a reaction and it worked.

Joe's wound Gatusso up with similar success. It happens.

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2011, 10:47 PM
On the other hand, how do you know his agent is lying? The Italian media were as shocked as their British counterparts with Gattuso's antics and quite rightly wanted to know what provoked such actions.

His agent, when questioned by Italian radio, had no reason to hold back and the interviews etc in Italy are usually pretty blunt as they do like to get their opinions across :greengrin (just ask The Special One).

What exactly does Gattuso have a habit of? He was quoted as not wanting to state what was said between them, which I think is the right attitude to have.

As stated previously, Gattuso's actions were wrong and therefore he clearly shares the fault, however whatever Jordon said to provoke him like that suggests he's not the innocent party that 'Arry and the media are making him out to be.

IMO.

Fouling his way through 90 minutes of football, and pretending he's the victim. Just as he's done here with Jordan. Poor we lamb, someone said something to him, or did they? We only have his agent, who i'd imagine did not actually hear it first hand, and will back his player and try and get any ban he's about to recieve lessened with mitiigating circumstances, IE the big man swore at him. :faf:

Imagine a player who made a career out of intimidating other players, losing the plot because someone said something to him? You see any irony there?

The guys an erse, and hopefully gets a huge ban.

seanraff07
17-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Apparently Scottish boxer Ricky Burns has offered Joe Jordan to train with him.:hilarious

renato
17-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Materazzi wound Zidane up to get a reaction and it worked.

Joe's wound Gatusso up with similar success. It happens.

Totally agree. Materazzi got hounded for it though, yes?

Fouling his way through 90 minutes of football, and pretending he's the victim. Just as he's done here with Jordan. Poor we lamb, someone said something to him, or did they? We only have his agent, who i'd imagine did not actually hear it first hand, and will back his player and try and get any ban he's about to recieve lessened with mitiigating circumstances, IE the big man swore at him. :faf:

Imagine a player who made a career out of intimidating other players, losing the plot because someone said something to him? You see any irony there?

The guys an erse, and hopefully gets a huge ban.

Also agree, he was an erse and deserves a ban for his reaction. Something wound him up though and I choose to believe that Jordon did wind him up. I'm guessing you don't, fair enough.

Also, Gattuso's never claimed to be the victim at any point though, he wouldn't quote what Jordon said.

renato
17-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Isn't it part of a footballer's job to rise above baiting, though? In that respect, Gattuso failed.

And, it's JordAn.

It is, and he did fail. Materazzi was hammered for something he may have said, no one truely knows, all I'm saying is same reaction could surely apply to Jordan (thanks for spl correction) :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Totally agree. Materazzi got hounded for it though, yes?

Also agree, he was an erse and deserves a ban for his reaction. Something wound him up though and I choose to believe that Jordon did wind him up. I'm guessing you don't, fair enough.

Also, Gattuso's never claimed to be the victim at any point though, he wouldn't quote what Jordon said.

I was meaning during the game. The amount of times he tried to foul a spurs player, but pretend it was actually him on the receiving end of the foul was actually funny. He was outclassed all game, and couldn't take it. He then lashes out on a 50 odd year old man because of it. He's a horrible hun, who deserves all thats coming his way.

renato
17-02-2011, 11:04 PM
I was meaning during the game. The amount of times he tried to foul a spurs player, but pretend it was actually him on the receiving end of the foul was actually funny. He was outclassed all game, and couldn't take it. He then lashes out on a 50 odd year old man because of it. He's a horrible hun, who deserves all thats coming his way.

Agree with bit in bold.

Jordan's age is irrelevant, if he was winding him up, he was winding him up, and Joe's big enough and ugly enough to take some back. As said earlier, doesn't excuse the reaction. He deserves whatever ban comes his way.

His past choice of club is certainly most questionable though :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Agree with bit in bold.

Jordan's age is irrelevant, if he was winding him up, he was winding him up. As said earlier, doesn't excuse the reaction. He deserves whatever ban comes his way.

His past choice of club is certainly most questionable though :greengrin

:agree: Also the old saying goes if you cant take it, dont give it. Even if we say for arguments sake Jordan was giving him stick, it makes no difference whatsoever imo. Gattuso has made a career out of intimidation.

Mon Dieu4
17-02-2011, 11:08 PM

Picture the scene... Gattusso is, was and always will be a total erky of a player, good one at that but always on the edge of insanity, I met him once and he was a total plum

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Materazzi got hounded for it though, yes?

Yes he did. But I'll bet he disnae give a **** and is sitting right now in front of his telly stroking his World Cup Winner medal.......

Gatusso's probably strokin his anaw. :greengrin

renato
17-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Yes he did. But I'll bet he disnae give a **** and is sitting right now in front of his telly stroking his World Cup Winner medal.......

Gatusso's probably strokin his anaw. :greengrin

Exactly. If joe and any spurs players set out to wind him up, it worked. They're in the driving seat and he's out the second leg. Just dont think they needed to resort to that nonsense, they were good enough to win in any case.

THFC6061
18-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Some little-known facts about Joe Jordan...

In a room with 245 objects there are 246 things Joe Jordan can kill you with, the 246th is the actual room itself.

Joe Jordan doesn't breathe oxygen he just allows oxygen to be around him.

Joe Jordan doesn't get heabutted he allows his attacker to get a head start.

Joe Jordan doesn't back down from a fight, in fact he once fought ten bears and won.

Joe Jordan died 20 years ago, the grim reaper just hasn't mustered up the courage to tell him yet.

There used to be a street named after Joe Jordan, but it was changed because nobody crosses Joe Jordan and lives.

Joe Jordan created the giraffe by upppercutting a horse.

A cobra once bit Joe Jordan's leg. After five days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.

Joe Jordan has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Joe Jordan was in all 6 Star Wars films. He played The Force.

Superman wears Joe Jordan pajamas.

Joe Jordan doesnt do push ups, he pushes the earth down.

The dinosaurs didn't get extinct. They left. Out of respect for Joe Jordan.

Joe Jordan sleeps with the light on because the dark is afraid of Joe Jordan.

Aliens have never visited earth because they know about Joe Jordan.

Joe Jordan can pee his name into hardend cement.

When ghosts go camping, they sit around the fire and tell stories about Joe Jordan.

There's no theory of evolution, just a list of animals Joe Jordan allows to live.

And here's my favourite picture from THAT match...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/jyarden/2011/5161.jpg

Bostonhibby
18-02-2011, 07:15 PM

:confused: An agent presenting his client in the best possible light/exagerrating his ability/denying he said or done whatever the rest of us knew happened? surely not:greengrin

jax67
18-02-2011, 08:26 PM

yOU MUST BE JOKING MATE!! GATTUSSO DOESNT HAVE AN OUNCE OF FOOTBALL ABILITY. AS SOUNESS SAYS JUST A WEE DUG.

jax67
18-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Some little-known facts about Joe Jordan...

In a room with 245 objects there are 246 things Joe Jordan can kill you with, the 246th is the actual room itself.

Joe Jordan doesn't breathe oxygen he just allows oxygen to be around him.

Joe Jordan doesn't get heabutted he allows his attacker to get a head start.

Joe Jordan doesn't back down from a fight, in fact he once fought ten bears and won.

Joe Jordan died 20 years ago, the grim reaper just hasn't mustered up the courage to tell him yet.

There used to be a street named after Joe Jordan, but it was changed because nobody crosses Joe Jordan and lives.

Joe Jordan created the giraffe by upppercutting a horse.

A cobra once bit Joe Jordan's leg. After five days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.

Joe Jordan has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Joe Jordan was in all 6 Star Wars films. He played The Force.

Superman wears Joe Jordan pajamas.

Joe Jordan doesnt do push ups, he pushes the earth down.

The dinosaurs didn't get extinct. They left. Out of respect for Joe Jordan.

Joe Jordan sleeps with the light on because the dark is afraid of Joe Jordan.

Aliens have never visited earth because they know about Joe Jordan.

Joe Jordan can pee his name into hardend cement.

When ghosts go camping, they sit around the fire and tell stories about Joe Jordan.

There's no theory of evolution, just a list of animals Joe Jordan allows to live.

And here's my favourite picture from THAT match...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/jyarden/2011/5161.jpg

ABSOLUTE CLASS:agree:

Hibs Class
21-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Four game suspension for Gattuso

Winston Ingram
21-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Four game suspension for Gattuso

No surprise Milan aren't appealing. Bet they got out of their sharpish in case they changed their mind:agree: