PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Hibs (About To) Sign Ricardo Vaz Te - According To Sky Sports

Tricla
15-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Heard he is on trial with us.

Spotted at the Kings Manor hotel where I believe we house players while they're on trial with us.

Dashing Bob S
15-02-2011, 06:37 PM

Spotted at the Kings Manor hotel where I believe we house players while they're on trial with us.

Heard he vaz te sign for us but he's gaun tae Sellik instead.

HibbyAndy
15-02-2011, 06:37 PM
What position and where fae?

Sylar
15-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Dear God I hope not - in his entire career (since 2003) he's scored 4 goals!

nribs
15-02-2011, 06:40 PM
4 goals in 68 games?

Sylar
15-02-2011, 06:41 PM
What position and where fae?

Striker Andy - his most recent club was Greek outfit Ponionios, where he signed a 3 year deal in June of last year and saw his contract "mutually terminated" in December.

HibbyAndy
15-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Striker Andy - his most recent club was Greek outfit Ponionios, where he signed a 3 year deal in June of last year and saw his contract "mutually terminated" in December.

Cheers mate :aok:

Wotherspiniesta
15-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Looked a good prospect when he came through at Bolton then dissappeared off the radar entirely.

I think he's had a couple of bad injuries aswell so it would certainly be a bit of a risk.

However, Trakys is nowhere to be seen and Byrne, Nish and Duffy seem out of favour.

KeithTheHibby
15-02-2011, 06:44 PM
He may crap but he has a great name.

I say sign him on the basis alone. If he has a great website too I say 4 year deal.

HibbyAndy
15-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Remember our very own Akpo Sodje doesnt have a fat Ronaldoesque goalscoring record but has done awrite at Hibs so far.

Sylar
15-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Looked a good prospect when he came through at Bolton then dissappeared off the radar entirely.

I think he's had a couple of bad injuries aswell so it would certainly be a bit of a risk.

However, Trakys is nowhere to be seen and Byrne, Nish and Duffy seem out of favour.

The only noted injury was ligament damage in the opening day of the 2007 season.

He just seems to have "failed to impress" at most other clubs.

wazoo1875
15-02-2011, 07:01 PM
The only noted injury was ligament damage in the opening day of the 2007 season.

He just seems to have "failed to impress" at most other clubs.

I think this might be a tad harsh, he's only been at one other club on loan for a month. He only played 4 times for Pannionios ,scoring once. I think he maybe never settled. As it seems a bit odd to sign a player from a premiership side on a 3 yr deal, on i'd guess not crap wages, then just decide he was rubbish. This guy always looked not too bad when he was a youngster breaking through at Bolton. He is a good size and maybe we could help him get back to where he thinks he's good enough to be. This is the type of player we should be taking a look at behind closed doors as he's still a young guy, he may just impress CC.

Sylar
15-02-2011, 07:05 PM
I think this might be a tad harsh, he's only been at one other club on loan for a month. He only played 4 times for Pannionios ,scoring once. I think he maybe never settled. As it seems a bit odd to sign a player from a premiership side on a 3 yr deal, on i'd guess not crap wages, then just decide he was rubbish. This guy always looked not too bad when he was a youngster breaking through at Bolton. He is a good size and maybe we could help him get back to where he thinks he's good enough to be. This is the type of player we should be taking a look at behind closed doors as he's still a young guy, he may just impress CC.

That's not my personal assessment, hence why I placed it in quotation marks.

4 goals since 2003 is a shocking record for a striker and there's only so much "circumstance" can be blamed, surely?

No harm in looking though, I agree, but I sincerely hope he's a lot better than his record suggests.

wazoo1875
15-02-2011, 07:19 PM
That's not my personal assessment, hence why I placed it in quotation marks. :doh: Sorry mate i missed that!

4 goals since 2003 is a shocking record for a striker and there's only so much "circumstance" can be blamed, surely?

No harm in looking though, I agree, but I sincerely hope he's a lot better than his record suggests.

I agree it looks poor, but he maybe just needs a decent run out, he was only 17 when he made the breakthrough(prem) so there must be something in there. :greengrin

allezsauzee
15-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Worse goalscoring record than Nade :taxi

Viva_Palmeiras
15-02-2011, 07:20 PM

3 star treat em mean keep em keen Rodders ;)

J-C
15-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Still only 24, at Bolton as a young lad, injuries have hampered him and obviously Greece isn't always everyone's cup of tea, so I can understand why he's not settled.

Nish(contract) Duffy ( loan soon to end ) and Byrne ( maybe not progressed since his U19's era ), Trakys ( another dud signing ). It's obvious that another forward will be be needed and there's no harm in looking, remember some of these guys who haven't quite hit it off in the EPL or similar will be of a high enough standard for the SPL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricardo_Vaz_T%C3%AA

Wotherspiniesta
15-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Still only 24, at Bolton as a young lad, injuries have hampered him and obviously Greece isn't always everyone's cup of tea, so I can understand why he's not settled.

Nish(contract) Duffy ( loan soon to end ) and Byrne ( maybe not progressed since his U19's era ), Trakys ( another dud signing ). It's obvious that another forward will be be needed and there's no harm in looking, remember some of these guys who haven't quite hit it off in the EPL or similar will be of a high enough standard for the SPL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricardo_Vaz_T%C3%AA

:agree: Stokes being a good example.

Baader
15-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Poor goalscoring record but who knows? With the standard in the SPL right now we probably wouldn't lose anything by offering a short deal with option to renew.

Surprised we put playes up at The King's Manor - would've thought a "more central" Cowgate hostel would be much more up Petrie's street! :greengrin

Franck is God
15-02-2011, 07:56 PM
:agree: Stokes being a good example.

Very true, Stokes record in SPL football is excellent but in England it was very poor and if it was not for his loan spell at Falkirk there would have been a good number questioning his signing.

If this guy is unattached and CC believes he can give something to the team that we don't have then I'm going to trust his judgement. What I do remember of him is that he was quite a quick and tricky player that used to come of the bench for Bolton and cause defences quite a few problems.

BoltonHibee
15-02-2011, 09:12 PM
He is rank rotten with a poor attitude.

scoopyboy
15-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Poor goalscoring record but who knows? With the standard in the SPL right now we probably wouldn't lose anything by offering a short deal with option to renew.

Surprised we put playes up at The King's Manor - would've thought a "more central" Cowgate hostel would be much more up Petrie's street! :greengrin

We used to use the Kings Manor, we now use the Sweethope at Whitecraig.

Iggy Pope
15-02-2011, 09:35 PM
We used to use the Kings Manor, we now use the Sweethope at Whitecraig.

Thats as may be Scoopy, but Pallsson was staying at the KM the week he signed up
:greengrin
Maybe through choice, of course.

It's also used by the match officials at ER.....

Dashing Bob S
15-02-2011, 10:02 PM

Damn! Pity he wasn't available last season and at the start of this one. He would have been a decided asset.

Jim44
15-02-2011, 10:08 PM
He sounds utterly underwhelming. What's the point of even wasting cash on bringing him to ER on trial? :dunno:

scoopyboy
15-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Thats as may be Scoopy, but Pallsson was staying at the KM the week he signed up

fair dos.

Hibs used to use it for pre match meals for games at ER.

wazoo1875
15-02-2011, 10:20 PM
He sounds utterly underwhelming. What's the point of even wasting cash on bringing him to ER on trial? :dunno:

Cos Ronaldo has retired, or maybe because CC has seen more of him than the rest of us(with the exception of BoltonHibee) and thinks he's worth giving another chance.
Seriously has anyone ever really even heard of half the strikers that come up to our rivals on loan or whatever and seem to do pretty well. At least this boy has first team experience. I just don't get this completely writing off of players before they've even signed.
Francis Jeffers scored tonight by the way, his scoring record barely puts Nades to shame :-)

Postman
15-02-2011, 10:40 PM
If theres any truth in this i'd be very interested in seeing hime signed on a short term contract. Big guy who could potentially do a really good job in the SPL

Bostonhibby
15-02-2011, 10:46 PM

Anyone spotted drinking in the Kings Manor is definitely a likely candidate for being on trial at some time in their life...........

nickwhibs
15-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Think he can play on the wing as well, which could explain his poor goal scoring record...

blackpoolhibs
15-02-2011, 10:47 PM

I wonder if we could get your next door neighbour Moray, Now stack seems fit we need someone to keep the physio busy?:greengrin

Cod Boy
15-02-2011, 10:50 PM
if francis jefferes can score in spl anyone can

HibbiesandtheBaddies
15-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Anyone spotted drinking in the Kings Manor is definitely a likely candidate for being on trial at some time in their life...........

I used to drink in there after our 5's at the LNC.

Never had a trial wi the Hibs tho.......

Petrie :grr:

Bostonhibby
15-02-2011, 10:55 PM
if francis jefferes can score in spl anyone can

:agree::greengrin £10m fox in the box :wink: Just a pity the box had to be in the N.E of Scotland on a wet Tuesday night.

Bostonhibby
15-02-2011, 11:02 PM
I used to drink in there after our 5's at the LNC.

Never had a trial wi the Hibs tho.......

Petrie :grr:

:greengrin How much are you worth and can there be a negotiable sell on clause? If so email Rod at dealsrus@hibernianfootballclub.cm

LancashireHibby
15-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Vaz Te had bags of potential when he first came on to the scene at Bolton - he scored something daft like 13 goals in his first 3 games for the reserves as a 16 year old and scored an absolute screamer in the Uefa Cup away to Guimares. Always flattered to deceive thereafter though and never stopped on to the next stage. He was the forgotten man for about 18 months as he struggled with injury after injury and didn't exactly seem to be busting a gut to get back in action. Probably best to steer clear unless he's sorted himself out and willing to play for peanuts (plus a few bounce games if possible).

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-02-2011, 12:08 AM
:greengrin How much are you worth and can there be a negotiable sell on clause? If so email Rod at dealsrus@hibernianfootballclub.cm

I'm in Petries bracket :greengrin

monktonharp
16-02-2011, 12:22 AM
Anyone spotted drinking in the Kings Manor is definitely a likely candidate for being on trial at some time in their life........... steady on big boy,it's in an awfully nice area:wink:.........beer's pish though

WindyMiller
16-02-2011, 12:22 AM
3 star treat em mean keep em keen Rodders ;)

and reasonably handy for the No.26.
:agree:

1875godsgift
16-02-2011, 02:48 AM
So what's the harm in trying him? How much is it costing us? A couple of nights bed n breakfast?
Call me a happy clapper but I applaud any initiative that Hibs show in trying to attract ANYBODY who might improve the team.
By mentioning the team I incude everybody who works for Hibs and are paid for working for Hibs, not just the players.
Somebody posted recently that they went to the club shop and were refused entry at 4.55 because the shop shut at 5pm.
To my mind, this is wrong, anybody working there should be Hibs minded and be prepared to give customers ( bearing in mind they are the ones who pay there wages ) the utmost respect.
Having said that, I phoned on Saturday because I'd ordered 3 shirts and wanted clarification of sizes and was answered promptly, efficiently and politely even though I would imagine they were extremely busy.
So basically you have to look at the bigger picture.
I think I know a lot about my chosen line of work, I'm a bookseller, today I sold a collection of books on ornithology, for a lot of money.
I wouldn't have a clue about buying and selling football players because it's something I know nothing about, and to be honest, I doubt there are many on this board who have bought and sold football players, so maybe it's best left to the people who know a little bit more about it than we do?
Only in my limited opinion of course!
Rant over!
GGTTH

Hibby70
16-02-2011, 06:45 AM
I think I know a lot about my chosen line of work, I'm a bookseller, today I sold a collection of books on ornithology, for a lot of money.

GGTTH
Frank McAvennie?

Hibby Kay-Yay
16-02-2011, 07:47 AM
Frank McAvennie?

Peter Griffin...everybody's heard about the bird

BoltonHibee
16-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Vaz Te had bags of potential when he first came on to the scene at Bolton - he scored something daft like 13 goals in his first 3 games for the reserves as a 16 year old and scored an absolute screamer in the Uefa Cup away to Guimares. Always flattered to deceive thereafter though and never stopped on to the next stage. He was the forgotten man for about 18 months as he struggled with injury after injury and didn't exactly seem to be busting a gut to get back in action. Probably best to steer clear unless he's sorted himself out and willing to play for peanuts (plus a few bounce games if possible).

Yup, happy to pick up his wages without making the required effort to get back in contention for a recall.

He did look like a real prospect when he was about 16/17, but playing for the reserves is a lot different from playing in the 1st team. He is never a striker at EPL or even SPL in a million years. Possibly as a wider player but is more of your headless chicken without real controll of what he is doing.

Has the heart of a pea and should maybe looking at a career change.

BoltonHibee
16-02-2011, 08:10 AM
I wonder if we could get your next door neighbour Moray, Now stack seems fit we need someone to keep the physio busy?:greengrin

Been back in training for two weeks since last op.

:wink:

Springbank
16-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Was the author not jk starling?

brog
16-02-2011, 10:30 AM
I tried to post a You Tube link but failed miserably but there's 5 goals on there, 4 for Bolton & also 4 excellent headers. More importantly he has an excellent celebratory dance so I can see partnership taking off with big Akpo already! :wink:
Seriously, I agree with prior poster, how can we lose out by taking a look?

allezsauzee
16-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Even if he looked good on trial , I wouldnt be giving him any more than a contract to May. He's done nothing of note up to now. Failed to score when on loan to Hull in the championship, been binned by Greek also rans who I assume also gave him a trial....I sense a wage thief

Bostonhibby
16-02-2011, 07:06 PM
steady on big boy,it's in an awfully nice area:wink:.........beer's pish though

Nice area but clientele in the bar late 70's early 80's maybe a tad different to nowadays :wink:

Iggy Pope
16-02-2011, 09:01 PM
fair dos.

Hibs used to use it for pre match meals for games at ER.

True.
Now they use it for accomodation and have done for a long time.

That cannot be a qualified judgement of the Kings Manor. Reserved to a fault with more life in the proverbial tramps vest.

scoopyboy
16-02-2011, 09:36 PM
True.
Now they use it for accomodation and have done for a long time.

That cannot be a qualified judgement of the Kings Manor. Reserved to a fault with more life in the proverbial tramps vest.

Earlier in the season I'm sure one poster stated that his mate worked at Whitecraig and Hibs had booked a couple of trialists in. Denneboom was one IIRC.

cocopops1875
16-02-2011, 09:36 PM
So what's the harm in trying him? How much is it costing us? A couple of nights bed n breakfast?
Call me a happy clapper but I applaud any initiative that Hibs show in trying to attract ANYBODY who might improve the team.
By mentioning the team I incude everybody who works for Hibs and are paid for working for Hibs, not just the players.
Somebody posted recently that they went to the club shop and were refused entry at 4.55 because the shop shut at 5pm.
To my mind, this is wrong, anybody working there should be Hibs minded and be prepared to give customers ( bearing in mind they are the ones who pay there wages ) the utmost respect.
Having said that, I phoned on Saturday because I'd ordered 3 shirts and wanted clarification of sizes and was answered promptly, efficiently and politely even though I would imagine they were extremely busy.
So basically you have to look at the bigger picture.
I wouldn't have a clue about buying and selling football players because it's something I know nothing about, and to be honest, I doubt there are many on this board who have bought and sold football players, so maybe it's best left to the people who know a little bit more about it than we do?
Only in my limited opinion of course!
Rant over!
GGTTH

i agree with you totally also has to be stated that who says bringing the boy in on trial is actually costing hibs i believe agents will pay for these things as an out of work player is worth nothing, Im of the opinion he has to be worth a look he might do well he might not but i think its good that we are still in the market and actively trying to better the squad :cgwa

hibsboy90
22-02-2011, 01:06 PM
i agree with you totally also has to be stated that who says bringing the boy in on trial is actually costing hibs i believe agents will pay for these things as an out of work player is worth nothing, Im of the opinion he has to be worth a look he might do well he might not but i think its good that we are still in the market and actively trying to better the squad :cgwa

He's definitely at east mains, SSN just shown footage.

one day maybe...
22-02-2011, 01:08 PM
He's definitely at east mains, SSN just shown footage.

Yip SSN are to be speaking about him on trial at Hibs shortly.

IWasThere2016
22-02-2011, 01:16 PM

Gotta be worth a look .. there are no goals in Nish, Duffy or Trakys (remember him!) :agree:

JE89
22-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Gotta be worth a look .. there are no goals in Nish, Duffy or Trakys (remember him!) :agree:

Agreed. Can't be much worse than we already have. This is an assumption but his goal scoring record is poor but presumably most appearances were from the bench? CC has made some promising signings so far so whatever happens with this guy CC has my backing.

truehibernian
22-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Agreed. Can't be much worse than we already have. This is an assumption but his goal scoring record is poor but presumably most appearances were from the bench? CC has made some promising signings so far so whatever happens with this guy CC has my backing.

Agree.

Kevin Davies is a great striker to have in your side, yet his scoring record with Blackburn and Southampton second time around was pretty poor.James Beattie was another one.....couldn't hit a barn door for Everton, yet bagged plenty with Sheffield United.

If a player feels happy in his surroundings and has a good rapport with manager and fans, that can make a world of difference to their outlook on the game and their confidence.

Definitely worth a shot IMHO.

BoltonHibee
22-02-2011, 01:43 PM
He is not a striker, by any stretch of the imagination. Don't think for 1 minute that this lad will bring us goals.

Golden Bear
22-02-2011, 01:48 PM
I must admit my ignorance as I've never heard of this guy in my life. However l'll refrain from making any daft comments that are based purely on information from the Internet.

And it's got to be said that I hadn't heard of Russell Latapy when we signed him!

easty
22-02-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm happy we're still bringing in players to have a look at and I really hope we find some good ones.

I do remember thinking he was mince when he was at Bolton though.

.Sean.
22-02-2011, 01:57 PM
He seems to have been kicking around forever yet seems to be still young. Must have been 5 or 6 years ago I first heard of him.

GloryGlory
22-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Yip SSN are to be speaking about him on trial at Hibs shortly.

Any further update?

woodythehibee
22-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Any further update?

"training with a view to a move"

GloryGlory
22-02-2011, 02:32 PM
"training with a view to a move"

Thanks. :greengrin

Whatever that means. :devil:

--------
22-02-2011, 02:36 PM
He is not a striker, by any stretch of the imagination. Don't think for 1 minute that this lad will bring us goals.

Midfielder, BH?

oconnors_strip
22-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Quite positive he was sitting in the away end with divis on sunday!

yekimevol
22-02-2011, 02:48 PM
big sam really rated him, during his time at bolton.

thats good enough for me, so give him one of these year long deals,
i think he is worth the risk, i mean he cannot be worse that nish or trakies.

:cgwa:cgwa

BoltonHibee
22-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Midfielder, BH?

Wider on the left would be more his position. Seen him play on the right as well.

BoltonHibee
22-02-2011, 03:03 PM

Big Sam rated him as a youngster, 16/17 etc not now.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-02-2011, 03:09 PM

Agreed :hibees

easty
22-02-2011, 03:16 PM

Agreed :hibees

Have we really moved on from 'he's good from what I've seen on YouTube' to 'Sam Allardyce liked him so let's sign him up'? :rolleyes:

Sorry I forgot to add in the classic 'he was good in Champ Man 2006'..

yekimevol
22-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Have we really moved on from 'he's good from what I've seen on YouTube' to 'Sam Allardyce liked him so let's sign him up'? :rolleyes:

Sorry I forgot to add in the classic 'he was good in Champ Man 2006'..

so a manager that has been in the best league in the world for the last good few years liked the guy thought well of the guy.

is that not enough to take a risk on the guy with a short term deal ?

BoltonHibee
22-02-2011, 04:14 PM
so a manager that has been in the best league in the world for the last good few years liked the guy thought well of the guy.

Rated him at a different time, not now.

Pele was brilliant, but do we want to sign him now?

cocopops1875
22-02-2011, 04:17 PM

Total baws mate remember fergie thought rankin was a player once ;-)

KanyeWestLower

Pele was brilliant, but we want to sign him now?

Not hibs class...

Wilson
Depends who we are getting rid of to accommodate him.

SRHibs
22-02-2011, 04:21 PM

Great analogy.

Vaz Te is obviously still of a young age where he can improve. If Colin Calderwood sees something in him, then I'm inclined to trust his judgement.

BoltonHibee
22-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Great analogy.

Vaz Te is obviously still of a young age where he can improve. If Colin Calderwood sees something in him, then I'm inclined to trust his judgement.

Well we will see if he offers him a contract eh?

I'm not saying Calderwood will get this one wrong, but we have trusted previous managers with signings and have been left to rue the day:wink:

truehibernian
22-02-2011, 04:51 PM

Pele was brilliant, but do we want to sign him now?

I think given Hibs new found steel and braun, Pele would be too much of a soft option.........think about it :greengrin

Speedway
22-02-2011, 05:20 PM
I think given Hibs new found steel and braun, Pele would be too much of a soft option.........think about it :greengrin

ED is a terrible thing.

LancashireHibby
22-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Great analogy.

He was given almost infinite patience and time to improve at Bolton and it never happened.

archiebald
22-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Bounce game today at East-Mains v Kilmarnock :agree:

hibee92
22-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Bounce game today at East-Mains v Kilmarnock :agree:

and he scored :thumbsup:

ScottB
22-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Let's put it this way, a few weeks ago plenty folk were lining up to tell us that Sodje, Pallson, Thornhill and the rest were clearly mince because of x, y and z.

If Calderwood thinks Vaz Te can do a job for us, then that's good enough for me, rather than picking out some choice YouTube moments with which to torch the boy.

Craig_in_Prague
22-02-2011, 06:52 PM
As BH says, if he's a wider man, it would be a good addition.

Wotherspoon has done well on the right, but other than Galbraith there's very little on the left to give us width.
Even during the last 2-3 weeks when results have gone well, I see the team line up and wonder who'll play LM.

Good to see CC is continuing to look at strengthening the team even though we've made some strides.

Excited about what he can do in the summer market :agree:

Albanian Hibs
22-02-2011, 07:12 PM

Wotherspoon has done well on the right, but other than Galbraith there's very little on the left to give us width.
Even during the last 2-3 weeks when results have gone well, I see the team line up and wonder who'll play LM.

Good to see CC is continuing to look at strengthening the team even though we've made some strides.

jdships
22-02-2011, 07:16 PM

:thumbsup: correct !!

California-Hibs
22-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Granted that this might of been a few years ago, but you dont just lose it over night! Check out some of these finishes!

I'm definatly willing to take a 'chance' on this guy, get him signed up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liWo79bscLw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnss9gFb1lY

Perspective
22-02-2011, 07:40 PM
We've been a club who has given raw (if down on their luck) talent a chance to come and rebuild their careers.

Provided he has the right attitude, it can only be a good thing signing a guy with a real point to prove.

PeterboroHibee
22-02-2011, 08:20 PM
If CC rates him and wants to bring him to the club, thats good enough for me. If he doesnt see him bringing anything, then he will be on his way (the same as many trialists we bring in).

If he can play on the wing, and adds a bit of height to the team, then sounds like he would be bringing something else a little bit different to the squad.

keep the faith
22-02-2011, 08:52 PM
What a goal he scored against Chelsea though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOAhFJzCNYA&NR=1

Cant believe someone actually posted this on you tube!!

fat freddy
22-02-2011, 08:54 PM
'Ricardo Vaz Te'....anagram.....''TV Radio Craze''....i think he may be a multimedia star in the making..

hfc rd
22-02-2011, 11:44 PM
If CC thinks he is good enough and can add something to this rejuvenated Hibs squad then I totally back him. CC must see something in him if he has offered him to come down for a trial. I trust Colin's judgements in finding new players as he has already brought in some very good players that have rejuvenated and added a fresh air to the club and CC thinks this boy has potential to be a fan's favourite then I give him my full backing.

iwasthere1972
23-02-2011, 12:49 AM
What a goal he scored against Chelsea though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOAhFJzCNYA&NR=1

Cant believe someone actually posted this on you tube!!

I can't believe that someone posted this on Hibs.net.

Wotherspiniesta
23-02-2011, 02:10 AM
I can't believe it's not butter!

brydekirk
23-02-2011, 06:42 AM

:top marks:agree:

keep the faith
23-02-2011, 08:08 AM
I can't believe that someone posted this on Hibs.net.

And then I can't believe someone then watched it! ;)

Hamish
23-02-2011, 08:13 AM

Spent a fair bit of money in January, bottom six, still have a fairly big squad if you count the loanees, more of the 19's will hopefully be pushing for squad places - I would reckon the management team will be expecting more players to be going out than coming in during the close season.

I maybe wrong though:greengrin

Hamish
23-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Found this from 2009 whilst he was struggling at Bolton and before he went to Greece

''Vaz Te is quick, not afraid to run at defenders, the best header of the ball at the club and his instincts are good. Playing in the link up role between midfield and attack would be ideal for him, but he`s rarely been given that role''

lyonhibs
23-02-2011, 09:33 AM
I've not read the whole thread, but I remember thinking he looked exciting and skillful at Bolton on the odd time he appeared for more than 2 seconds on MoTD.

Would be a great free signing for Hibs IMO, presuming he can adjust to the "robust" style of game up here.

Speedway
23-02-2011, 01:37 PM
I can't believe I'm posting these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2xt0xGLMYA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK2tWVj6lXw

iwasthere1972
23-02-2011, 01:43 PM
And then I can't believe someone then watched it! ;)

I did :greengrin

hibeenicol
23-02-2011, 01:48 PM
I can't believe I'm posting these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2xt0xGLMYA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK2tWVj6lXw

The last ones just not hibs class!!!:wink:

Speedway
23-02-2011, 01:54 PM
The last ones just not hibs class!!!:wink:

Another midfield midget.

GraniteCityHibs
23-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Rickrolled on .net....well i never!

HibeeMackenzie
23-02-2011, 06:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liWo79bscLw&feature=related

would make a good dance partner for sodje :wink:

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-02-2011, 07:10 PM

does he use his feet?

leithsansiro
23-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Hmm, a play who would apparently be good at linking up the midfield with the front? Does CC know that Riordan is perhaps on his way then?:wink:

J-C
23-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Hmm, a play who would apparently be good at linking up the midfield with the front? Does CC know that Riordan is perhaps on his way then?:wink:

Or maybe a replacement for Zouma eh!:wink:

Franck Stanton
23-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Must admit I don't know much about the lad but from the utube clips posted here and on other sites it would appear he would be a very useful addition providing he can stay fit. Certainly likes a header at goal. Would be worth a punt in my opinion, remembering these clips are from his playing days at Bolton in EPL a much higher standard than the SPL.

R'Albin
24-02-2011, 11:21 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-take-exBolton-striker-on.6723049.jp

Wee bit in the scotsman about it, i would take him:agree:

--------
24-02-2011, 12:22 PM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-take-exBolton-striker-on.6723049.jp

Wee bit in the scotsman about it, i would take him:agree:

If he's fit, he might be worth a shot right enough. :agree:

IIRC there wasn't much doubt about his quality during his time at Bolton; the only questions in my mind would be his fitness (which should be fairly easy to ascertain) and why he left Bolton, then Hull, then Panionios so abruptly. Personal issues? Bad attitude? He's only 24, so he has time on his side if he wants to resurrect his career.

If he's fit, and CC can convince himself regarding VT's motivation, etc, and if CC's happy with his quality, I'd be inclined to give him a contract till June next year. Big strong lad, and not unskillful.

--------
24-02-2011, 12:30 PM

If he could do the likes of that every 2 or 3 games for us he'd be a legend by season's end.

His '58 appearances' for Bolton seem to have been mostly from the bench - maybe he fell out with them through frustration at not getting starts?

He was only a month at Hull, and it sounds as if he just didn't want to be there. (Who would? I mean, HULL?)

Big question for me is the three years he spent on and off the Bolton treatment table - we don't want another sick-note, after all. Katie, Killen and Zouma were quite enough for me, thank you.

But he could be a handy bloke to have in the team.

Golden Bear
24-02-2011, 03:51 PM
The latest.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9406754.stm

SouthMoroccoStu
24-02-2011, 04:29 PM
In Calderwood we trust. :not worth

:cgwa

KiddA
24-02-2011, 06:31 PM
http://www.portugoal.net/index.php/more-portuguese-abroad-news/12599-ricardo-vaz-te-signs-for-panionios

The Bolton fans rated him highly according to the comments in this link. I think he could be a diamond in the rough :agree: but I trust CC to make the right call :agree:

Winston Ingram
24-02-2011, 09:18 PM
'Sky Sports understands' we've signed him til the end of the season

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6776336,00.html
:flag:

BEEJ
24-02-2011, 09:26 PM

:singing:
Vaz Te!
There's only one Vaz Te,
There's only one Vaz Te,
There's only one Vaz Te!

Vaz Te .....
:singing:

Melvin Hibs
24-02-2011, 09:46 PM

Welcome to the Hibs family Ricardo. Looking forward to seeing yo score against the Jambos!!:agree:

Jim44
24-02-2011, 09:59 PM
If SkySports 'understands' correctly, it'll be interesting to see how this guy fits in at ER. Here's hoping. :aok:

Winston Ingram
24-02-2011, 10:00 PM
If SkySports 'understands' correctly, it'll be interesting to see how this guy fits in at ER. Here's hoping. :aok:

Cannae be any worse than what we've got

brydekirk
24-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Loscar
:confused:

Gmack7
24-02-2011, 10:15 PM
:confused:
hes lost his car

sixtwo
24-02-2011, 10:17 PM
I might be wrong but I seem to remember 'skysports understood' denneboom had signed for hibs and skybet had him quoted in their betting for first goal in our next game. The boy never signed!

That aside, I reckon vaz te would enhance our squad. Anyone who can play for an EPL team is worth a punt, especially if they are still young.

I think this is a good move.

sahib
24-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Spent a fair bit of money in January, bottom six, still have a fairly big squad if you count the loanees, more of the 19's will hopefully be pushing for squad places - I would reckon the management team will be expecting more players to be going out than coming in during the close season.

I maybe wrong though:greengrin

I would take some convincing on that one.

--------
24-02-2011, 11:32 PM
I might be wrong but I seem to remember 'skysports understood' denneboom had signed for hibs and skybet had him quoted in their betting for first goal in our next game. The boy never signed!

That aside, I reckon vaz te would enhance our squad. Anyone who can play for an EPL team is worth a punt, especially if they are still young.

I think this is a good move.

If he's good enough to sign till June, I'd rather he was signed for longer. I seem to remember Alec McLeish taking a short-term gamble on one Didier Agathe, and losing him to Septic when he proved he could play.

I'd hate to see us sign the boy up then lose him for nothing.

Which is why I think CC will do what he says he's doing, and think things over through the weekend, and make his decision on Monday.

hfc rd
24-02-2011, 11:48 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11792_6776336,00.html

Welcome To Hibernian Football Club Ricardo Vaz Te! :wink:

:cgwa:flag::hibees

Russ
24-02-2011, 11:59 PM
:flag::flag: Ya beauty, no more Colin Pish at ER:flag::flag:

HibeeMcGinn1
25-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Very happy with this. Welcome to the Hibs family Ricardo :cgwa

cabbageandribs1875
25-02-2011, 12:07 AM

ok it didn't work out for nishaldo, but there's just something not right slagging one of our own

bingo70

Welcome To Hibernian Football Club Ricardo Vaz Te! :wink:

:cgwa:flag::hibees

it's not confirmed at all, it's just a sky rumour :confused:

kevinc
Report says he is still to sign.

Russ
25-02-2011, 12:14 AM
ok it didn't work out for nishaldo, but there's just something not right slagging one of our own

I take no pleasure in slagging any Hibernian player, and would never do so at any game, regardless of how pish they were. But Colin Nish has been one of the worst strikers in living memory at ER. Utterly hopeless, can't head a ball, can't hold the ball up, and is never on his feet long enough to be judged in that department, utter pish. Thankyou and goodbye Colin.

Shrekko
25-02-2011, 12:16 AM
If he's good enough to sign till June, I'd rather he was signed for longer. I seem to remember Alec McLeish taking a short-term gamble on one Didier Agathe, and losing him to Septic when he proved he could play.

I'd hate to see us sign the boy up then lose him for nothing.

Which is why I think CC will do what he says he's doing, and think things over through the weekend, and make his decision on Monday.

It's a double edged sword. What about all these guys we've given long contracts to recently who haven't measured up?

I must admit I'm quietly excited about this one. Despite the way his career has gone- and it appears he has had a lot of injury problems, it's obvious he has talent.

I'll say this quietly, as I know a lot of fans are intent on making him a cult hero... but Sodje I don't think is the long or short term solution- the footballing talent just isnt there. Nothing on his CV suggests he will end up giving us what we need (happy to be proved wrong of course), whereas this guy I think has a chance of doing it if he can recapture what he had before. He may not, but I think it's a gamble worth taking and trust CC 100%.

Liberal Hibby
25-02-2011, 12:17 AM
I take no pleasure in slagging any Hibernian player, and would never do so at any game, regardless of how pish they were. But Colin Nish has been one of the worst strikers in living memory at ER. Utterly hopeless, can't head a ball, can't hold the ball up, and is never on his feet long enough to be judged in that department, utter pish. Thankyou and goodbye Colin.

Sniff, sniff...

cabbageandribs1875
25-02-2011, 12:17 AM

cant argue with that :wink:

hibee92
25-02-2011, 12:18 AM

original :rolleyes:

on a more positive not, welcome to the club Ricardo :thumbsup::cgwa

stevenhibs
25-02-2011, 01:06 AM
Big Colin isn't even mentioned in the report so as far as I'm concerne, Vaz Te is in addition to him.

Welcome Ricardo and keep plugging away 'satellite'

hibbytam
25-02-2011, 01:25 AM

'The tank' Hurtardo? Konte? Lavety? There's three worse without even trying. I'm sure there's more that my brain has thankfully forgotten. Ok, so he isn't a world beater, but he has scored more than enough to not be 'one of the worst strikers in living memory' by a long shot. If he goes, fair enough, if he stays, I wouldn't be that annoyed. Who knows, the competition, or even just having a striker playing alongside him might do the world of good.

Vaz Te.
If it's happening, will have to wait and see how good he is. What sort of striker is he? Would be good to get a bit of pace up top.

Russ
25-02-2011, 01:39 AM
'The tank' Hurtardo? Konte? Lavety? There's three worse without even trying. I'm sure there's more that my brain has thankfully forgotten. Ok, so he isn't a world beater, but he has scored more than enough to not be 'one of the worst strikers in living memory' by a long shot. If he goes, fair enough, if he stays, I wouldn't be that annoyed. Who knows, the competition, or even just having a striker playing alongside him might do the world of good.

Vaz Te.
If it's happening, will have to wait and see how good he is. What sort of striker is he? Would be good to get a bit of pace up top.

Lavety was more of a striker than Nish ever was or could hope to be, the other 2 you mention had nothing like the appearances he has had. Anyone who has watched him in the years he has played for us would find it very difficult to defend his performances, let alone his goalscoring.

Heckys Wheel
25-02-2011, 01:48 AM

Vaz Te.

Lavety????

There's more pish on this thread than the above mentioned players contributed on the field.

hibbytam
25-02-2011, 02:31 AM
Lavety was more of a striker than Nish ever was or could hope to be, the other 2 you mention had nothing like the appearances he has had. Anyone who has watched him in the years he has played for us would find it very difficult to defend his performances, let alone his goalscoring.

Yes, but if they HAD the something like the appearances, they wouldn't have 20 odd goals.
I'm not sure about Lavety, but I remember not being particularly fond of him. But still. Going on Wikipedia's stats, Lavety had 62 appearances for hibs, with 9 goals. Compared to Nish, 96 appearances, with 22 goals.

erin-go-bragh87
25-02-2011, 02:35 AM
Didn't realise he is a Portuguese international! Hope he does well, and that too many people don't write him off before he plays!!

Russ
25-02-2011, 02:43 AM
Yes, but if they HAD the something like the appearances, they wouldn't have 20 odd goals.
I'm not sure about Lavety, but I remember not being particularly fond of him. But still. Going on Wikipedia's stats, Lavety had 62 appearances for hibs, with 9 goals. Compared to Nish, 96 appearances, with 22 goals.

I liked Basher and his goal against Hearts when we beat them 2-1 at ER epitomised the guys talent. If he'd applied himself off the park better we would have saw a better return goals wise.

hibbytam
25-02-2011, 02:44 AM
Didn't realise he is a Portuguese international! Hope he does well, and that too many people don't write him off before he plays!!

I think that's sky taking a few liberties with the facts.... He's not been a part of the senior team. U21s.
Still it's promising.

Hamish
25-02-2011, 06:22 AM
I would take some convincing on that one.

Fee was paid for Scott - anything up to 100,000 in reports, Palsson would be on a decent wage at Liverpool and won't have come up here for less money I would imagine, Thornhill ditto.

Even losing Zemmama from the salary bill still think we will be paying out more than we were in Dec.

CallumLaidlaw
25-02-2011, 07:30 AM

Yet it's Nish that's the 10th highest SPL gialscorer. I'm not a fan, but there's no doubting he has scored goals. Like the last 2 games of last season for example

sahib
25-02-2011, 07:39 AM
Fee was paid for Scott - anything up to 100,000 in reports, Palsson would be on a decent wage at Liverpool and won't have come up here for less money I would imagine, Thornhill ditto.

Even losing Zemmama from the salary bill still think we will be paying out more than we were in Dec.

Bamba (fee) and Hogg off the wage bill too. There was no panic buying at Easter Road, as far as I can see.

Allant1981
25-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Hope the guy does well up here, might not have set the heather on fire in england but that doesnt make him a bad player, lets face it scottish football is pretty crap so if he is even half decent he should do well

MrSmith
25-02-2011, 08:35 AM
I just hope we are talking to Celtic with a view to extending or signing Richie Towel on a more permanent contract.

Jim44
25-02-2011, 08:57 AM
I think Sky Sports have jumped the gun a bit here. According to Calderwood, he is hoping to set up another opportunity for the guy to prove himself, next week some time. Hardly worth popping the bubbly just yet. :rolleyes:

SouthMoroccoStu
25-02-2011, 09:47 AM
So who's right?

SouthMoroccoStu
25-02-2011, 10:12 AM
The Link

Suggests not yet but close

Manxhibs
25-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Calderwoods interview on the BBC website suggests that no decision has been made and won't be till Monday.

Speedway
25-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Stack

Towell
Dickoh
Hanlon
Booth

Scott
Palsson
Thornhill
Vaz Te

Riordan
Sodje

With options like Duffy, Spoon, Murray, Miller, Brown on the bench.

Starting to look a wee bit stronger.

truehibernian
25-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Stack

Towell
Dickoh
Hanlon
Booth

Scott
Palsson
Thornhill
Vaz Te

Riordan
Sodje

In all manner of ways Speedway, and it's good to see.

A lot of height, strength and energy in that side too (if Vaz Te does come in). The main positive from CC's transfer activity is the age of the players, the desire and the fact we can now compete with every SPL side when it comes to the uglier side of the game. Both defending and attacking set pieces, we now look more equipped.

Definite signs of improvement and hope for the future.

Would like to see some width added and also maybe a little bit of creativity in midfield.

Speedway
25-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Stack

Towell
Dickoh
Hanlon
Booth

Scott
Palsson
Thornhill
Vaz Te

Riordan
Sodje

To put this another way:

6ft 2in

5ft 8in
6ft 2in
6ft 0in
6ft 0in

6ft 0in
6ft 2in
6ft 1in
6ft 2in

6ft 0in
6ft 2in

CC's addressed the 'midget' epidemic remarkably quickly.

DaveF
25-02-2011, 11:06 AM
To put this another way:

6ft 2in

5ft 8in
6ft 2in
6ft 0in
6ft 0in

6ft 0in
6ft 2in
6ft 1in
6ft 2in

6ft 0in
6ft 2in

Get Towell out of the team. Far too small :greengrin

Geo_1875
25-02-2011, 11:06 AM
get rid of Towell. He's just not Hibs height.

Stevie Reid
25-02-2011, 11:08 AM

Vaz Te.

Wikipedia states the following about Basher: -

"Altogether he made 43 starts for Hibernian, with a further 23 sub appearances. He scored 12 goals and was top scorer with 9 goals the year Hibs were relegated to the First Division (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_First_Division). He made his final appearance as a substitute against Falkirk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkirk_F.C.) on the day Hibs were presented with the First Division title, in May 1999."

I'm pretty sure that he scored around 14 goals for us when we were in the 1st Division too, but Wiki and Soccerbase both have the same stats.

Regardless, he was a million miles away from being the worst striker ever to play for Hibs.

SlickShoes
25-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Wikipedia states the following about Basher: -

"Altogether he made 43 starts for Hibernian, with a further 23 sub appearances. He scored 12 goals and was top scorer with 9 goals the year Hibs were relegated to the First Division (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_First_Division). He made his final appearance as a substitute against Falkirk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falkirk_F.C.) on the day Hibs were presented with the First Division title, in May 1999."

I'm pretty sure that he scored around 14 goals for us when we were in the 1st Division too, but Wiki and Soccerbase both have the same stats.

Regardless, he was a million miles away from being the worst striker ever to play for Hibs.

Have to agree with the bit in bold, Barry had natural talent and could have been a LOT more than he was, shame he let it all go to waste really.

Bristolhibby
25-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Have to agree with the bit in bold, Barry had natural talent and could have been a LOT more than he was, shame he let it all go to waste really.

He ended up going to University in Bath and playing for Team Bath (Studying PE I think). Becoming the first University Team to compete in the FA Cup proper since about 1881.

The Conference ruled that they could not get promotion out of the Conference South and Team Bath resigned from the Conference and as a result no longer play in the FA Cup.

J

aberhibsfc
25-02-2011, 11:57 AM

Sammy7nil
25-02-2011, 12:16 PM
To put this another way:

6ft 2in

5ft 8in
6ft 2in
6ft 0in
6ft 0in

6ft 0in
6ft 2in
6ft 1in
6ft 2in

6ft 0in
6ft 2in

This policy has cost us a fortune in new strips, on the up side we have helped out the local community by donating old strips to Snow Whites 7 aside team. :wink:

Hank Schrader
25-02-2011, 12:20 PM

Absolutely :agree:

I haven't read the whole of this thread but I can't believe anyone could suggest Barry was the worst striker, or even one of the worst strikers to play for Hibs.

His goal against Hearts in March/April 2008 was excellent, beating his man and expertly curling the ball past Rousset into the bottom corner. A great goal on a great day in an otherwise awful season.

RickyS
25-02-2011, 12:48 PM
This policy has cost us a fortune in new strips, on the up side we have helped out the local community by donating old strips to Snow Whites 7 aside team. :wink:

brilliant:top marks

--------
25-02-2011, 12:57 PM

Well - I'm still living (if only just) and I can think of a lot of much worse strikers than Colin playing for Hibs.

(And I'm NOT including Joe Harper here. HE was a freak of nature. :devil:)

Ally Scott. (Not Jim's brother Alex - HE could play. Ally Scott - Footballer of Frankenstein. He could put either boot on either foot and it made no difference at all. He could put both boots on ONE foot and he'd play better. He'd have been best of all with concrete boots and a trip to the Victoria Dock.)

Graeme Fyfe. (Ally's mate - as bad if not worse.)

Jim Blair.

Willie Jamieson.

Mark Caughey.

Joe Ward.

Lee Power.

Allan Smart.

Tank Hurtado.

Amadou-dou-dou.

Malcolm Robertson. (John's athletically-challenged brother)

Mark McGraw. (Allan's athletically-challenged laddie)

Marc Libbra.

Malcolm Henderson. (Willie's athletically-challenged brother)

Colin Harris.

John Brogan.

Not all centre-forwards, I know but all in my failing memory touted at one time or another as the answer to our problems "up front".

And THEN there was that purulent wee toe-rag Harper...

AW JINGS I'M SO DEPRESSED................ :brickwall

Winston Ingram
25-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Absolutely :agree:

I haven't read the whole of this thread but I can't believe anyone could suggest Barry was the worst striker, or even one of the worst strikers to play for Hibs.

His goal against Hearts in March/April 2008 was excellent, beating his man and expertly curling the ball past Rousset into the bottom corner. A great goal on a great day in an otherwise awful season.

Agreed. His goal v Morton in injury time in our season in the 1st div was another belter:agree:

--------
25-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Agreed. His goal v Morton in injury time in our season in the 1st div was another belter:agree:

Barry had his problems, but he could play. NOT a tumshie by any means. :agree:

JimBHibees
25-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Well - I'm still living (if only just) and I can think of a lot of much worse strikers than Colin playing for Hibs.

Ally Scott. (Not Jim's brother Alex - HE could play. Ally Scott - Footballer of Frankenstein. He could put either boot on either foot and it made no difference at all. He could put both boots on ONE foot and he'd play better. He'd have been best of all with concrete boots and a trip to the Victoria Dock.)

Jim Blair.

Willie Jamieson.

Mark Caughey.

Joe Ward.

Lee Power.

Allan Smart.

Tank Hurtado.

Amadou-dou-dou.

Marc Libbra.

Colin Harris.

John Brogan.

Not all centre-forwards, I know but all in my failing memory touted at one time or another as the answer to our problems "up front".

Pretty sure John Robertson wasnt related to Malky.

HibbyAndy
25-02-2011, 01:43 PM

Went through that night with 12 of us in a mini bus , Went ****ing radge when Basher slammed hame the winner in injury time :agree:

No dange was he as bad as folk make out, Scored a screamer at Easter rd against the pub teamers tae.

Aubenas
25-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Malky Robertson was Sandy Robertson's dad.
John Robbo's brother was Chris - nice guy, Hibee, played for the Hun then married a Catholic and was shifted to Meadowbank Thistle

(Brought to you by the Aubenas genealogy centre.):thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
25-02-2011, 02:08 PM
To put this another way:

6ft 2in

5ft 8in
6ft 2in
6ft 0in
6ft 0in

6ft 0in
6ft 2in
6ft 1in
6ft 2in

6ft 0in
6ft 2in

Feel sorry for the little chaps. Where will they go now that we no longer provide a home for them?

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Said this on a thread before but when I was much younger my uncle used to live near Love St(in the nice houses :greengrin) and used to take me to games if Saints were at home and I was thru for the wkend. Basher scored in most games I was at, some crackers as well! Remember being really excited when we signed him. Had his problems but had genuine class when on his game. Nonsence to mention him even in the same breath as some of the guff weve had over the yrs, imo of course.

iwasthere1972
25-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Feel sorry for the little chaps. Where will they go now that we no longer provide a home for them?

They could replace the Alton Towers Height Restriction boards and have sandwich boards saying "Anyone smaller than me is not allowed on the rides" :aok:

Ritchie
25-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Said this on a thread before but when I was much younger my uncle used to live near Love St(in the nice houses :greengrin) and used to take me to games if Saints were at home and I was thru for the wkend. Basher scored in most games I was at, some crackers as well! Remember being really excited when we signed him. Had his problems but had genuine class when on his game. Nonsence to mention him even in the same breath as some of the guff weve had over the yrs, imo of course.

he would totally love a 12/12 flat party like!! :agree:

Barney McGrew
25-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Barry had his problems, but he could play. NOT a tumshie by any means. :agree:

He was just shaped like one :greengrin

Andy74
25-02-2011, 03:42 PM

Jim Blair.

Willie Jamieson.

Mark Caughey.

Joe Ward.

Lee Power.

Allan Smart.

Tank Hurtado.

Amadou-dou-dou.

Marc Libbra.

Colin Harris.

John Brogan.

Marc Libbra was one of the best strikers I've seen in my time as a Hibs fan. Oozed class and would have been a big star if he'd hung about here instead of heading for a shot down south.

Just looked him up. 5 goals in 10 games for us. Had scored 30 something goals for Marseilles. Good player.

Stevie Reid
25-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Marc Libbra was one of the best strikers I've seen in my time as a Hibs fan. Oozed class and would have been a big star if he'd hung about here instead of heading for a shot down south.

Just looked him up. 5 goals in 10 games for us. Had scored 30 something goals for Marseilles. Good player.

Yep, was quality in his short time. Probably just as well we didn't spend the reported £900K we were apparently offering as it probably would've put us into adminstration. Norwich ended up getting him for free as well IIRC.

basehibby
25-02-2011, 04:15 PM

Jim Blair.

Willie Jamieson.

Mark Caughey.

Joe Ward.

Lee Power.

Allan Smart.

Tank Hurtado.

Amadou-dou-dou.

Marc Libbra.

Colin Harris.

John Brogan.

I thought Libra was pretty good - remember a nice goal vs the smellies in the weedge in particular. Can't disagree with the rest of them although I can't remember them all - perhaps my brain has subconciously erased the memory to save me from further suffering.

MSK
25-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Malky Robertson was Sandy Robertson's dad.
John Robbo's brother was Chris - nice guy, Hibee, played for the Hun then married a Catholic and was shifted to Meadowbank Thistle

(Brought to you by the Aubenas genealogy centre.):thumbsup:And his other Brother is called George ..absolute double o Jefferies ..:agree:...:jamboak:

jdships
25-02-2011, 04:27 PM

Jim Blair.

Willie Jamieson.

Mark Caughey.

Joe Ward.

Lee Power.

Allan Smart.

Tank Hurtado.

Amadou-dou-dou.

Marc Libbra.

Colin Harris.

John Brogan.

Always felt sorry for John Brogan not making it
I knew him quite well and he was a Hibby "all the way "

1972 - 1975 Albion Rovers 124 (32)
1976–1984 St. Johnstone 244 (114)
1984 Hibernian 5 (1)
1984 → Ayr United (loan) 5 (0)
1984–1987 Hamilton Academical 95 (35)
1987–1993 Stirling Albion 76 (39)
Total 549 (221

Not a bad average

jgl07
25-02-2011, 04:32 PM
get rid of Towell. He's just not Hibs height.
I see what you mean!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA6EHCrgZC0

Dr Jimmy
25-02-2011, 04:32 PM
:hijack: Vaz Te anyone?.....:greengrin

Dalkeith Hibee
25-02-2011, 06:24 PM

Jim Blair.

Willie Jamieson.

Mark Caughey.

Joe Ward.

Lee Power.

Allan Smart.

Tank Hurtado.

Amadou-dou-dou.

Marc Libbra.

Colin Harris.

John Brogan.

Libbra worse than Colin Nish? Away.....absolute nonsense.

ancient hibee
25-02-2011, 06:35 PM
:hijack: Vaz Te anyone?.....:greengrin

two lumps of sugar please.

Winston Ingram
25-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Libbra worse than Colin Nish? Away.....absolute nonsense.

Libbra was a cracking player I thought. The reason he didn't sign permanently was because his club wanted £500k+ for him

HibbyAndy
25-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Libbra was a cracking player I thought. The reason he didn't sign permanently was because his club wanted £500k+ for him

Scored a cracker at Parkheid oan his debut..Ended up at Norwich IIRC.

Very decent player for Hibs:agree:

poolman
25-02-2011, 07:41 PM

Scored a cracker at Parkheid oan his debut..Ended up at Norwich IIRC.

Very decent player for Hibs:agree:

Watched that game totally pished and ( :greengrin ) in Amsterdam

Fab night, I think

Dunbar Hibee
25-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Libbra was quality!

bayhibs
25-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Watched that game totally pished and ( :greengrin ) in Amsterdam

Fab night, I think

Me too - drinking in a big Irish bar - full of Celtic fans who were a bit hostile - thought I was a hun.

Crab apple
25-02-2011, 08:32 PM

Jim Blair.

Willie Jamieson.

Mark Caughey.

Joe Ward.

Lee Power.

Allan Smart.

Tank Hurtado.

Amadou-dou-dou.

Marc Libbra.

Colin Harris.

John Brogan.

Some real duffers there but I don't think Libbra belongs on the list. And a special mention to Colin Harris for the goal he scored at Ipox when we won 1-0 to end a truly horrific run of form. John Brogan was naturaly talented but a tad overweight. Saw him a few times playing for Stirling and that was probably his level.

Iggy Pope
25-02-2011, 09:17 PM

Jim Blair.

Willie Jamieson.

Mark Caughey.

Joe Ward.

Lee Power.

Allan Smart.

Tank Hurtado.

Amadou-dou-dou.

Marc Libbra.

Colin Harris.

John Brogan.

Always felt sorry for John Brogan not making it
I knew him quite well and he was a Hibby "all the way "

1972 - 1975 Albion Rovers 124 (32)
1976–1984 St. Johnstone 244 (114)
1984 Hibernian 5 (1)
1984 → Ayr United (loan) 5 (0)
1984–1987 Hamilton Academical 95 (35)
1987–1993 Stirling Albion 76 (39)
Total 549 (221

Not a bad average

Some real duffers there but I don't think Libbra belongs on the list. And a special mention to Colin Harris for the goal he scored at Ipox when we won 1-0 to end a truly horrific run of form. John Brogan was naturaly talented but a tad overweight. Saw him a few times playing for Stirling and that was probably his level.

Joe Harper does not belong amongst that lot. Winning goal in a cup SF, hat-trick in a cup final, winning goal in the first ever Premier League Derby, winning goal v Liverpool.....what would we give for that now?

hibbytam
26-02-2011, 04:49 AM

Jim Blair.

Willie Jamieson.

Mark Caughey.

Joe Ward.

Lee Power.

Allan Smart.

Tank Hurtado.

Amadou-dou-dou.

Marc Libbra.

Colin Harris.

John Brogan.

Thanks for expanding on what I said, with much more detail. Although I would argue Libbra could and should have done better for himself. And I still contend that from what I remember Lavety was a fat bstard, who did very little for a fairly poor hibs team that eventually got relgated. Probably should have mentioned the Power, or some of the others, but thankfully I had managed to forget them.

Any news of Vazzy?

Melvin Hibs
26-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Thanks for expanding on what I said, with much more detail. Although I would argue Libbra could and should have done better for himself. And I still contend that from what I remember Lavety was a fat bstard, who did very little for a fairly poor hibs team that eventually got relgated. Probably should have mentioned the Power, or some of the others, but thankfully I had managed to forget them.

Any news of Vazzy?

No news yet but still hopeful!!
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/hibs-boss-calderwood-holds-fire-vaz-te-decision-1474911

Westie1875
26-02-2011, 07:43 PM
SSN just showed a clip of CC saying that he was hopeful we would have a deal concluded at the beginning of the week, says both parties are willing so just got to get the contract signed and the medical done.

Sir David Gray
26-02-2011, 07:47 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9406754.stm

Looks like he'll be signing imminently. :agree:

...WentToMowAnSPL
26-02-2011, 08:04 PM

I remember hanging on with countless others as to whether Libbra would stay with hibs or not... in the days when I thought that players wouldn't just leave for more money ... think that was when hibs main board was in rivals.net :sauzee: