PDA

View Full Version : NHC Scotland v Brazil confirmed

H18sry
15-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Scotland to face Samba starsTuesday, 15 February 2011
The Scottish FA is delighted to announce that the Scotland National Team will play Brazil at the Emirates Stadium in London on Sunday, March 27, with kick-off at 2pm.

The International Challenge Match will round-off a five-day training camp in Spain’s La Manga resort and, pending completion of final contract details, will give the Scotland supporters the chance to return to London for the first time since the 1-0 victory against England at Wembley in the Euro 2000 qualification play-off in 1999.

Scotland last played Brazil in the curtain-raiser to World Cup France 98 and Craig Levein, the National Team Coach, said: “This game will not only capture the imagination of the Scotland support but also the squad, who will relish the prospect of testing their skills against one of the finest international teams in world football.

“I believe the recent performances – and not simply the results – against the Faroe Islands and Northern Ireland have given the whole country a lot of encouragement for the second half of the Euro 2012 qualification campaign and beyond.

“The players have a confidence in the way forward and while I believe the most important aspect of the forthcoming international break is to further cultivate a Club Scotland culture within the squad, the opportunity to play Brazil was irresistible.”

Stewart Regan, Scottish FA Chief Executive, said: “Today’s announcement will help continue the feelgood factor generated by the outstanding performance against Northern Ireland in the Carling Nations Cup. I am very excited about the future of the national team and I am sure Craig and his young and talented Scotland team will make the most of this experience.”

Tickets will be available to Scotland Supporters Club members from early next week. Full details to follow including information on public sale.

Billy Whizz
15-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Now confirmed for Sunday 27th March at emirates stadium. Full details on SFA website.

BroxburnHibee
15-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Quite fancy a wee trip for that.

H18sry
15-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Quite fancy a wee trip for that.

Booked flights a week past Saturday after we were tipped off about the game, Edin-Luton down Sat back Sun night for £38 result :thumbsup:

HenryMonk
15-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Booked flights a week past Saturday after we were tipped off about the game, Edin-Luton down Sat back Sun night for £38 result :thumbsup:

Well done, how much are they now?

Me, I'll just travel from flat :-D

Dashing Bob S
15-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Craig Levein's 11-0-0 Scotland versus the Famous Five taught soccer aristocrats of Brazil...:hmmm:

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-02-2011, 05:15 PM

Me too! Happy days! Not long til the doom merchants hijack the thread. DBS already cast his bait into the water!

Dashing Bob S
15-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Me too! Happy days! Not long til the doom merchants hijack the thread. DBS already cast his bait into the water!

Doom merchants...:hmmm:

basehibby
15-02-2011, 05:42 PM

Result! - that'll no doubt be a significantly lesser outlay than yer match ticket though :eek:

Got to say it's a match which whets my appetite as well - I wait on tenterhooks to see which options I'll have to take to cover said briefs:
a) remortgage the house
b) sell the mrs into prostitution (Valentines Day is done and dusted so sod it)
c) all of the above

SteveHFC
15-02-2011, 05:56 PM
I want to go.

bathhibby
15-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Ya Dancer - a day trip for me for a change.

Can't wait - it beats that midden at Hampden

McHibby
15-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Superb!!!! I live just a couple of train stops from the Emirates. I'm excited already :greengrin

Greentinted
15-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Sorry for being less than enthusiastic but as we know, Levien is a prize walloper so it's fitting he is afforded the ultimate ego-stroke.
Maybe when we get a proper, independently thinking manager in place and start qualifying for major tournaments again, can we get all moist about a friendly international.
With such a gullible fan base, no wonder the SFA adhere to the status-quo.

Sylar
15-02-2011, 06:45 PM
A good chance to build upon recent performances, by testing the team against the best (arguably).

Still don't agree with it being at The Emirates, but money talks.

essexhibee
15-02-2011, 06:52 PM
How do you get tickets for this? What websites? Will defo be comon through to see this one!!

bod
15-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Wales/ingerland sat afti in a cockney boozer then the Brazeel/Scoland game sun,
magic
:thumbsup:

Frazerbob
15-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Flights booked!

Wee night on the lash in Brighton on the Saturday then the bevvy train up to London on Sunday morning. Flight back to Aberdeen Sunday night. Not long now!!

Can't wait to dust down my Jimmy Hat, pash in a fountain and flash passing women in the street! :stirrer:

The Harp Awakes
15-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Until Potter's reign as Manager of Scotland is over I'm afraid I can't conjure up any enthusiasm for the National team. Each to their own but I don't give a monkeys about this fixture. Sorry.

essexhibee
15-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Looking foward to the Scottish invasion of London.

I wonder how many we can get for this game?

Bad Martini
15-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Why are Scotland playing Brazil in London.

When I last checked, the National Stadium was in Glasgow which, whilst a sheithole, old dump and general shan place for a stadium, is still Hampden which, whether ye admit it or not, ye secretly still love, even if it is in the middle of the weej :confused:

Anyways, bring on the Samba style soccer. And the Brazil :greengrin

All hail chief potter the tossers 11-0-0 .... that said, Im Scottish therefore, regardless of personel involved, I'll still be screaming for the Scots. Much like when we signed the yam that is stewart and the hun that is williamson. Still Hibs.

Mon the Scots.

ENDOF

Randerson_4
16-02-2011, 12:25 AM
As nice as it is for you guys to have a see trip & the SFA to make a bit of money (only reason Brazil play regularly in Emirates Stadium) - I'm disappointed its on the Sunday

Scottish Youth Cup Semi-Finals same day. Would been good to have them on a seperate day, why couldn't this game be a Sat night?!

blairwallace
16-02-2011, 01:12 AM
so how do you actually get tickets?
pay at the gate, or tartan army membership mumbo jumbo? :confused:

bigstu
16-02-2011, 01:22 AM
if we are playing anyone in london could they not have got england???

blairwallace
16-02-2011, 01:25 AM
if we are playing anyone in london could they not have got england???

their too lightweight

Calvin
16-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Was planning on a wee trip down to London in April but as my Mum stays 10 minutes from the Emirates I'm sure I can alter my plans!

seanraff07
16-02-2011, 01:27 AM
I'm dying to go but i just can't afford it :brickwall

Dashing Bob S
16-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else find it a little disturbing that this game is taking place in England? It seems to make a statement about Scotland's (and perhaps smaller footballing nations in general) lack of viability in the moden game.

Hard to visualize England playing a friendly against Brazil at Parkhead or Ibrox.

Cameron1875
16-02-2011, 01:59 AM
As nice as it is for you guys to have a see trip & the SFA to make a bit of money (only reason Brazil play regularly in Emirates Stadium) - I'm disappointed its on the Sunday

Scottish Youth Cup Semi-Finals same day. Would been good to have them on a seperate day, why couldn't this game be a Sat night?!

:party::take that

H18sry
16-02-2011, 09:36 AM

When I last checked, the National Stadium was in Glasgow which, whilst a sheithole, old dump and general shan place for a stadium, is still Hampden which, whether ye admit it or not, ye secretly still love, even if it is in the middle of the weej :confused:

All hail chief potter the tossers 11-0-0 .... that said, Im Scottish therefore, regardless of personel involved, I'll still be screaming for the Scots. Much like when we signed the yam that is stewart and the hun that is williamson. Still Hibs.

Mon the Scots.

ENDOF

Because it is a lot closer than Rio, Brazil are hosting Scotland it is there home game and we are the away team :wink:

Posh Swanny
16-02-2011, 09:47 AM
The Saturday night in London town is not going to be for the faint hearted! Scotland fans are Scotland fans so will have been bevvying since about Thursday; while England fans will be in the pubs and bars from noon.

Powder keg!

MacBean
16-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else find it a little disturbing that this game is taking place in England? It seems to make a statement about Scotland's (and perhaps smaller footballing nations in general) lack of viability in the moden game.

Hard to visualize England playing a friendly against Brazil at Parkhead or Ibrox.

Mon the Scots.

ENDOF

Brazil use the emirates as their "home" ground for their European based players. They are the home team, and we are the visitors.

MacBean
16-02-2011, 10:09 AM

Ronnie,

I'd heard about it a couple of weeks ago too, but was really sceptical if they would negotiate it and confirm it. At the end of the day i wish i had booked up a fortnight ago too.

As soon as it was announced, I had got all the way thru on Easyjet buying 7 tickets Gatwick Sunday morning flight return Monday, £370 total. Literally on the VERY last click to confirm and up pops a wee box "Warning! Your flight prices have changed," up to £1112!!!!!!!!!!!:grr::grr:

I've got lucky though, and my uncle has access to a 17 seater mini bus. He's gonna take us all down, for the price of petrol (around £25 each)