PDA

View Full Version : Ex Hibs Players in England

brog
14-02-2011, 05:58 PM
I noticed on Saturday that 4 ex Hibs players were involved in one championship game, M'boro v Swansea. Grounds started ( & scored ), the Dobster came on for Swans & apparently changed the game & Zouma came on for Boro. Maka looked on from bench! If Katie had been fit would have been 5!
Other ex players involved in top 2 divisions at weekend were Fletch, Garry O'Connor, Gary Caldwell, Ivan, Deano & Bamba. Murphy & Rob Jones were injured or we could have had a full team! Doumbe, AOB, Donaldson & Gow are playing in lower leagues although surprisingly, :wink:, AOB was injured at weekend & Clayton was suspended. I can't remember so many, probably just a sign of the times with players moving on so regularly. I'm sure I've missed some so please feel free to add to list.

blairwallace
14-02-2011, 06:07 PM
what ever happened to Dean shiels at Doncaster?
clayton donaldson is quite a goal matching down there is he not?

Winston Ingram
14-02-2011, 06:20 PM
what ever happened to Dean shiels at Doncaster?
clayton donaldson is quite a goal matching down there is he not?

He is doing quite well and Donaldson is doing ok

ancient hibee
14-02-2011, 06:21 PM
He is doing quite well and Donaldson is doing ok

Only OK?Thought he was second in goal scoring chart.

Sir David Gray
14-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Murphy-Birmingham
Fletcher-Wolves
Caldwell-Wigan
O'Connor-Barnsley
Zemmama-Middlesbrough
Grounds-Middlesbrough
Thomson-Middlesbrough
Makalambay-Swansea
Dobbie-Swansea
Donaldson-Crewe
Grof-Mansfield (on loan from Notts County)
Gow-Notts County
Jones-Scunthorpe
O'Brien-Swindon
Brown-Cambridge
Bamba-Leicester
Yantorno-Hartlepool
Noubissie-Kettering
Morais-Oldham
Martis-Doncaster
Shiels-Doncaster
Sproule-Bristol City

just_joe
14-02-2011, 06:36 PM
I noticed on Saturday that 4 ex Hibs players were involved in one championship game, M'boro v Swansea. Grounds started ( & scored ), the Dobster came on for Swans & apparently changed the game & Zouma came on for Boro. Maka looked on from bench! If Katie had been fit would have been 5!
Other ex players involved in top 2 divisions at weekend were Fletch, Garry O'Connor, Gary Caldwell, Ivan, Deano & Bamba. Murphy & Rob Jones were injured or we could have had a full team! Doumbe, AOB, Donaldson & Gow are playing in lower leagues although surprisingly, :wink:, AOB was injured at weekend & Clayton was suspended. I can't remember so many, probably just a sign of the times with players moving on so regularly. I'm sure I've missed some so please feel free to add to list.

He sure did change the game. I am very surprised at how fitter and sharper he looks. Hes always been a good goalscorer. Always liked him as a player.:agree:

HibbyAndy
14-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Antonio Murray- Histon.

CallumLaidlaw
14-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Only OK?Thought he was second in goal scoring chart.

I have a friend that is a Crewe fan, and Donaldson was greatly missed at the weekend apparently.
His pace will help him do well in the lower leagues I would imagine.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Craig James Darlington
Craig Rocastle is in Kansas with Toto ;)

Speedy
14-02-2011, 07:52 PM

I noticed that. My first thought was "how the %*&$ do all these ex hibs defenders keep scoring in their first games". Hogg, Bamba and Grounds have all scored since leaving us, I think they all scored in their debut but I'm not sure.

monktonharp
15-02-2011, 12:43 AM
Craig James Darlington
Craig Rocastle is in Kansas with Toto ;) rocco's with toto? that's loco

GreenCastle
15-02-2011, 12:51 AM
rocco's with toto? that's loco

Rocastle played against Man Utd last summer for Kansas when they beat a pretty full strength team 2v1 I think.

Rocky was decent at Hibs in that defensive midfield role.

Remember at Tannadice sining the Rocky theme tune a few years back :greengrin

snooky
15-02-2011, 01:06 AM
He sure did change the game. I am very surprised at how fitter and sharper he looks. Hes always been a good goalscorer. Always liked him as a player.:agree:

Re. the Dobster: I'm sure his first game for us was in a friendly against Sunderland that ended 2-2.
Dobbie scored both goals and quality finishes they were too, IIRC.

I'm pleased to hear he is leaner now as he always looked overweight. Despite being a "bit player", he always gets a lot of respect from posters on this site.
Pity Williamson didn't play him from the start in the Livi final because he definitely made a difference when he came on as sub.

BTW, it was also Stephen that gave the pass to G O'C in the "10-men Derby".

Heckys Wheel
15-02-2011, 01:27 AM
Re. the Dobster: I'm sure his first game for us was in a friendly against Sunderland that ended 2-2.
Dobbie scored both goals and quality finishes they were too, IIRC.

I'm pleased to hear he is leaner now as he always looked overweight. Despite being a "bit player", he always gets a lot of respect from posters on this site.
Pity Williamson didn't play him from the start in the Livi final because he definitely made a difference when he came on as sub.

BTW, it was also Stephen that gave the pass to G O'C in the "10-men Derby".

He might've got a lot of respect on here but I remember playing Kevin McAllister's Albion Rovers at New Douglas Park and he was booed throughout the match. He did miss a few sitters but his confidence was shot. F***ing disgraceful treatment of a player in the green and white.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Isn't Killen at 'Boro as well?

brog
15-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Murphy-Birmingham
Fletcher-Wolves
Caldwell-Wigan
O'Connor-Barnsley
Zemmama-Middlesbrough
Grounds-Middlesbrough
Thomson-Middlesbrough
Makalambay-Swansea
Dobbie-Swansea
Donaldson-Crewe
Grof-Mansfield (on loan from Notts County)
Gow-Notts County
Jones-Scunthorpe
O'Brien-Swindon
Brown-Cambridge
Bamba-Leicester
Yantorno-Hartlepool
Noubissie-Kettering
Morais-Oldham
Martis-Doncaster
Shiels-Doncaster
Sproule-Bristol City

Nice one!! Don't know how I forgot og Martis!! Who's the Brown at Cambridge, Simon the Pieman? Actually I think Tony Caig was on bench for Carlisle recently & is Nick Colgan not still a registered player? PS, for later poster, Chris Killen's now on a treatment table in China!

Sir David Gray
15-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Isn't Killen at 'Boro as well?

Moved to China last summer and now plays for Shenzhen Ruby.

LancashireHibby
15-02-2011, 11:56 AM
I have a friend that is a Crewe fan, and Donaldson was greatly missed at the weekend apparently.
His pace will help him do well in the lower leagues I would imagine.

I saw Crewe at Morecambe earlier in the season and Donaldson was pretty frustrating - missed a couple of sitters but looked class on other occasions. I was in the away end and wearing a Hibs scarf so I had a few Crewe fans asking me about him.

Sir David Gray
15-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Nice one!! Don't know how I forgot og Martis!! Who's the Brown at Cambridge, Simon the Pieman? Actually I think Tony Caig was on bench for Carlisle recently & is Nick Colgan not still a registered player? PS, for later poster, Chris Killen's now on a treatment table in China!

Yep Simon Brown now plays for Cambridge United in the Conference.

Nick Colgan plays for Huddersfield.

Others that I forgot are;

Doumbe-MK Dons
Morrow-Tranmere
Murray-Histon

Viva_Palmeiras
15-02-2011, 12:50 PM
rocco's with toto? that's loco

It sounds like an 80s revival tour ;)

paulhfc88
15-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Craig James Darlington
Craig Rocastle is in Kansas with Toto ;)

I believe Craig James is now playing for Harrogate Town

McKenzie
16-02-2011, 06:11 PM
He might've got a lot of respect on here but I remember playing Kevin McAllister's Albion Rovers at New Douglas Park and he was booed throughout the match. He did miss a few sitters but his confidence was shot. F***ing disgraceful treatment of a player in the green and white.
remind you of any other Hibs striker :wink: