PDA

View Full Version : Free kicks and throw ins

down the slope
14-02-2011, 11:31 AM
What is it with us and free kicks ?, every week we get opportunities to put some severe pressure on from free kicks and all we do is give the keeper catching practice. Nearly every team that comes to ER fires a slanting ball in at head hight that is so difficult to defend but we do the floaty hanging in the air one that is a complete waste of time and don't get me started on the throw ins , do they practice anything ?.

moggie
14-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Our corners are just as bad,very very rarely do they get past the first man, the main culprit being.... oops better not say for fear of being hung drawn and quartered.

PeterboroHibee
14-02-2011, 12:01 PM
Our set pieces are generally pretty poor. Riordan can hit a good free kick at goal (even thats pretty inconsistant though), but any free kick or corner thats delivered into the box is usually rubbish, either hitting the wall/not beating the first man or going straight to the keeper. We arent a particularly big team either which is why a decent delivery is even more important!

The throw ins annoy me even more though. Ive noticed countless times where one of our players has left the ball to go out for a throw in, to then chuck it straight back to an opposition player, so annoying! Most teams would see throw ins as gaining possession back, whereas we just seem to end up under pressure.

Wembley67
14-02-2011, 12:06 PM
One thing at a time guys - greedy lot arent you :greengrin

Jack
14-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Actually I thought we were getting better at throw-ins recently, particularly with the newly acquired Towell Balistic Launching System.

Even the other throw-ins have bettered from absolutely abysmal to still not very good – but it’s a definite improvement :agree:

GreenCastle
14-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Actually I thought we were getting better at throw-ins recently, particularly with the newly acquired Towell Balistic Launching System.

Even the other throw-ins have bettered from absolutely abysmal to still not very good – but it’s a definite improvement :agree:

:agree:

Towell should be used like Delap from both sides close to the box :greengrin

Corners - noticed Booth was taking them Saturday - put some not bad balls in.

I am more worried about defending corners / freekicks :shocked:

silverhibee
14-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Our corners are just as bad,very very rarely do they get past the first man, the main culprit being.... oops better not say for fear of being hung drawn and quartered.

When was the last time the main culprit took a corner. :greengrin

Liams
14-02-2011, 12:47 PM
I thought our throw ins were getting better... well when towell took them, how ever i think we take to much time over throw in when we should just pick the ball up and pass it.. non of this waiting and waiting... and waiting then throw it 5yards in front of you