33 Liam Miller - Release
34 Richie Towell - Keep
41 Jakub Divis -Undecided
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

Thirteen - Release
Ten - Keeps
Eight - Undecided

You might have difficulty releasing players that aren't out of contract.

Hart, Murray and Sodje from your list.

007 Mickey Weir
13-02-2011, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=simply the best;2734639]1 Graham Stack - Keep
2 Michael Hart - Release
6 Ian Murray - keep (coaching role)
9 Colin Nish - Release
10 Derek Riordan - Keep
11 John Rankin - Release
13 Thomas Flynn - release (he needs to get his career started. Not gonna be with us IMO)
14 Francis Dickoh - Keep
15 Steven Thicot - Release
16 Lewis Stevenson Keep (1yr deal)
17 Kevin McBride - Release
18 Akpo Sodje - Keep
19 Darryl Duffy - Release
(on loan from Brist R )
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
21 Graeme Smith - Release
22 Daniel Galbraith- Keep
23 Valdas Trakys - Release
24 David Wotherspoon - Keep
25 David Stephens - Keep
26 Matt Thornhill Keep
27 Lewis Horner -Keep
28 Callum Booth - Keep
29 Kurtis Byrne -Release (see Flynn)
30 Scott Taggart - Keep
31 Mark Brown - Keep
32 Sean Welsh -Keep
33 Liam Miller - Release (wages could be better used)
34 Richie Towell - Keep if we can (but doubt that!
41 Jakub Divis -Keep
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

11 - Release
20 - Keeps

Sign 5 players and look to develop youth.

Sammy7nil
13-02-2011, 04:58 PM
You might have difficulty releasing players that aren't out of contract.

Hart, Murray and Sodje from your list.

I know that :greengrin, it is all hypothetical I know we cant keep Towell for example, just my thoughts. I know most wishes will not be possible.

Dunbar Hibee
13-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Why release Sodje?

Sammy7nil
13-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Why release Sodje?

I think he is a short term stop gap signing not the longterm answer, he wont get better at 32 yrs old and does not look like a touch player.

Dont get me wrong I am very happy with him at the moment, just not for the longterm thats all.

Albion Hibs
13-02-2011, 05:08 PM
The team starts playing far better, we start getting results and the "major rebuild" chat has stated again - what a load of nonsense, and that statement does not even cover some of the decisions in the opening post i.e. lets keep players that have played 90 mins and get rid of the rest - not really a sound basis for decision making on a players future.

scoopyboy
13-02-2011, 05:08 PM
I know that :greengrin, it is all hypothetical I know we cant keep Towell for example, just my thoughts. I know most wishes will not be possible.

I don't disagree with many of your assessments.

aberhibsfc
13-02-2011, 05:09 PM
1 Graham Stack - Keep
2 Michael Hart - Release
6 Ian Murray - Release
9 Colin Nish - Release
10 Derek Riordan - Keep
11 John Rankin - Release
13 Thomas Flynn - Undecided
14 Francis Dickoh - Release
16 Lewis Stevenson Undecided
18 Akpo Sodje - Release
(on loan from Brist R )
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
22 Daniel Galbraith- Release
25 David Stephens - Keep
26 Matt Thornhill Undecided
27 Lewis Horner -Undecided
28 Callum Booth - Keep
29 Kurtis Byrne -Undecided
30 Scott Taggart -Un-decided
31 Mark Brown - Keep
32 Sean Welsh -Undecided
33 Liam Miller - Release
34 Richie Towell - Keep
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

Thirteen - Release
Ten - Keeps
Eight - Undecided

I agree with some of the releases but to have Sodje on there, one which I wan't excited about as a signing, he's played two games, scored one, set up one and hasn't put a foot wrong in either. I can't understand the logic behind that one. He may be coming to the end of his career, but if he gives us two seasons like the two games, then I'd want him to be here.

cocopops1875
13-02-2011, 05:13 PM
I think he is a short term stop gap signing not the longterm answer, he wont get better at 32 yrs old and does not look like a touch player.

Dont get me wrong I am very happy with him at the moment, just not for the longterm thats all.

2 starts 1 goal 1 assist 32 years old fit as a fiddle has 3 years at least in him in scotland :confused: ps wtf is a touch player ?

Sammy7nil
13-02-2011, 05:13 PM
I agree with some of the releases but to have Sodje on there, one which I wan't excited about as a signing, he's played two games, scored one, set up one and hasn't put a foot wrong in either. I can't understand the logic behind that one. He may be coming to the end of his career, but if he gives us two seasons like the two games, then I'd want him to be here.

See my post above, nothing wrong with him just cant see him sustaining his current form or getting better at 32 yrs old.

This season we need to fight tooth and nail to stay in league longterm I hope we can get back to playing football, I just dont Sodje fitting in to that plan.

Sammy7nil
13-02-2011, 05:17 PM
2 starts 1 goal 1 assist 32 years old fit as a fiddle has 3 years at least in him in scotland :confused: ps wtf is a touch player ?

Sorry if I upset you he is fine no probs I just dont want him there longterm.

He has had 4 shots from edge of the box the fans in the stands are in greater danger than the net, he has no touch and just blasts the ball as hard as he can I was amazed at how composed he was when he took his goal but that was out of character on what we have seen to date. :greengrin

it is just opinions mate dont get upset. :greengrin

GreenCastle
13-02-2011, 05:20 PM
1 Graham Stack - Keep
2 Michael Hart - Release
6 Ian Murray - Release
9 Colin Nish - Release
10 Derek Riordan - Keep
11 John Rankin - Release
18 Akpo Sodje - Release
(on loan from Brist R )
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
25 David Stephens - Keep
28 Callum Booth - Keep
31 Mark Brown - Keep
32 Sean Welsh -Undecided
33 Liam Miller - Release
34 Richie Towell - Keep
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

Thirteen - Release
Ten - Keeps
Eight - Undecided

Who are all the players we are going to bring in ?

Judging Sodje and Thornhill after 2 / 3 games is madness.

greenlex
13-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Who are all the players we are going to bring in ?

Judging Sodje and Thornhill after 2 / 3 games is madness.
I shouldnt worry NJH. Thats why they will be here next season. :wink:

Shrekko
13-02-2011, 05:22 PM
See my post above, nothing wrong with him just cant see him sustaining his current form or getting better at 32 yrs old.

This season we need to fight tooth and nail to stay in league longterm I hope we can get back to playing football, I just dont Sodje fitting in to that plan.

He's only just turned 30.

Maybe he'll find his game suited to the SPL? I think folk may have been going over the top about his first 2 performances but it's pretty essential to have a big guy up front these days- even as an option, so why not him?

I wouldn't offer many of the others who are out of contract new deals tbh. Riordan and Miller if their demands are reasonable and I also think Galbraith deserves more time, perhaps a 2 year deal. At a push Lewis Stevenson can have a 1 year deal but really needs to get the finger out- he's had 5 years to establish himself and not done so.. and before anyone says it's the managers fault, he's been picked over 100 times.

Sir David Gray
13-02-2011, 05:22 PM
All the players who are out of contract in the summer will probably leave, with the exceptions of Riordan who I still think will stay (though that might be the heart ruling the head) and Stack who I think might sign a new deal.

All those with a contract for next season will probably still be here as I don't see Hibs paying anybody off.

With that in mind our squad for next season will be;

Stack
Brown
Divis
Hart
Murray
Booth
Hanlon
Stephens
Wotherspoon
Palsson
Thornhill
Scott
Riordan
Sodje

With the following players leaving;

Smith
Thicot
Dickoh
Towell
Rankin
Stevenson
McBride
Miller (Still not sure about him though, he might stay)
Galbraith
Duffy
Nish
Trakys

If that is the squad for next season, bearing in mind those players' positions, we need to strengthen in the following areas in the summer;

right back
experienced centre half
couple of wide midfielders
a couple of strikers

Geo_1875
13-02-2011, 05:27 PM

He has had 4 shots from edge of the box the fans in the stands are in greater danger than the net, he has no touch and just blasts the ball as hard as he can I was amazed at how composed he was when he took his goal but that was out of character on what we have seen to date. :greengrin

Who's to say his poor shooting from distance isn't out of character and the composed finish is what we can expect on a regular basis.

And how can we keep Stack for the future when he's been out injured for most of his time with us?

GreenCastle
13-02-2011, 05:28 PM
All the players who are out of contract in the summer will probably leave, with the exceptions of Riordan who I still think will stay (though that might be the heart ruling the head) and Stack who I think might sign a new deal.

All those with a contract for next season will probably still be here as I don't see Hibs paying anybody off.

Stack
Brown
Divis
Hart
Murray
Booth
Hanlon
Stephens
Wotherspoon
Palsson
Thornhill
Scott
Riordan
Sodje

Smith
Thicot
Dickoh
Towell
Rankin
Stevenson
McBride
Galbraith
Duffy
Nish
Trakys

If that is the squad for next season, bearing in mind those players' positions, we need to strengthen in the following areas in the summer;

right back
experienced centre half
a couple of strikers

That's my shopping list too :greengrin Maybe a left back incase Booth misses any games.

Speed is needed - hungry players like Scott etc.

sahib
13-02-2011, 05:31 PM

Stack
Brown
Divis
Hart
Murray
Booth
Hanlon
Stephens
Wotherspoon
Palsson
Thornhill
Scott
Riordan
Sodje

Smith
Thicot
Dickoh
Towell
Rankin
Stevenson
McBride
Galbraith
Duffy
Nish
Trakys

right back
experienced centre half
a couple of strikers

Why does everybody want to release Galbraith? A young player, hopefully, about to get an U21 cap. He is well worth another season - at least.

--------
13-02-2011, 05:35 PM
1 Graham Stack - Keep
2 Michael Hart - Release
6 Ian Murray - Release
9 Colin Nish - Release
10 Derek Riordan - Keep
11 John Rankin - Release
18 Akpo Sodje - Release
(on loan from Brist R )
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
25 David Stephens - Keep
28 Callum Booth - Keep
31 Mark Brown - Keep
32 Sean Welsh -Undecided
33 Liam Miller - Release
34 Richie Towell - Keep
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

Thirteen - Release
Ten - Keeps
Eight - Undecided

First you have players down for release who have contracts extending beyond the end of this season - buying out contracts costs money.

Second, you have players down to be kept who are either on loan, or whose contracts end at the close of this season. It's not up to Hibs alone whether these guys stay - they'll have to be made offers, and they may get better offers elsewhere.

This suggest to me that you've hardly begun to think things through in anything like a rational or collected manner.

Do you REALLY think CC would release Sodje and Thornhill? He's just signed them up, for crying out loud. Galbraith's just been called up to the Scotland U-21's - so he has to go? You release Ian Murray, and send the signal to everyone else that if a player cares enough to come back to ER and give 100%, he'll be sacked at the first opportunity?

The team's just managed to put two decent results together and oull themselves away from the bottom of the table a wee bit, and you're starting a "Let's have a big discussion about who is or isn't good enough for the Hibees" thread?

Sack everyone YOU want to sack and we'll be needing a lot more than a right back, an experienced centre half, a couple of wide midfielders and a couple of strikers - and this isn't the time to be starting a moanfest about various players real or imagined deficiencies. We can still be relegated.

You're a wee bit too quick off the mark here, chum.

Threads like these leave me utterly astonished that any player anywhere would want to play for "supporters" like you.

Except, I suppose, that most clubs have them. :tsk tsk:

Sir David Gray
13-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Why does everybody want to release Galbraith? A young player, hopefully, about to get an U21 cap. He is well worth another season - at least.

To be honest, he's in the same category as Miller in that I'm not too sure what will happen with him and I'm not too fussed either way if he stays or goes.

I'm not convinced that Calderwood favours him as he's struggled to get a regular game under him. He is still young though so he still has plenty time to improve his game.

jacomo
13-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Very few teams that I can think of have changed their squad in such a dramatic fashion and achieved instant success. Burley's Hearts squad one of the exceptions to the rule.

CC will be able to make a lot of changes in the summer but right now getting rid of Murray and Sodje for example is madness. They may not be a long term answer but they would certainly have a role to play next season.

HH81
13-02-2011, 05:57 PM
You release Ian Murray, and send the signal to everyone else that if a player cares enough to come back to ER and give 100%, he'll be sacked at the first opportunity?

So what you saying? Any ex player can come back to Hibs perform rubbish and should still get a new contract. Murray has been poor from what I have seen.

Sammy7nil
13-02-2011, 06:04 PM
CLARIFICATION

Peeps seem to have misuderstood my thread, I KNOW we have players under contract and on loan players, my opinions on whether the stay or not will not be possible I KNOW THAT.

This opening post is simply my thoughts. I have no idea who to bring in I dont get paid £100,000+ a year or have time to look for players, I dont have assistants and a scouting team either.

I have not judged Thornhill I am simpy undecided on him, Sodje is 31 yrs has the reputation and form of a journeyman who is all effort and does not score many I am very happy with him just dont see him as a longterm solution. IT IS ONLY MY OPINION. :greengrin:greengrin

cocopops1875
13-02-2011, 06:06 PM

Takes alot more than that to upset me mate just cant get my head round what more you need to see ? in 2 games he has a great record cold hard facts, now he may well turn out to be gash long term but at the moment he looks to be doing a great job :hibees im not saying he is the second coming but if he continues to live up to the start he's had he might just be a legend :cgwa

HibeeMackenzie
13-02-2011, 06:07 PM
1 Graham Stack - Keep
2 Michael Hart - Release
6 Ian Murray - Keep
9 Colin Nish - Release
10 Derek Riordan - Keep
11 John Rankin - Release
13 Thomas Flynn - Release
14 Francis Dickoh - Keep
16 Lewis Stevenson - Keep
18 Akpo Sodje - Keep
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
25 David Stephens - Keep
26 Matt Thornhill - Keep
27 Lewis Horner - Keep
28 Callum Booth - Keep
29 Kurtis Byrne - Keep
30 Scott Taggart - Keep
31 Mark Brown - Keep
32 Sean Welsh -Keep
33 Liam Miller - Keep
34 Richie Towell - Keep
41 Jakub Divis - Keep
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

Sammy7nil
13-02-2011, 06:09 PM
First you have players down for release who have contracts extending beyond the end of this season - buying out contracts costs money.

Second, you have players down to be kept who are either on loan, or whose contracts end at the close of this season. It's not up to Hibs alone whether these guys stay - they'll have to be made offers, and they may get better offers elsewhere.

This suggest to me that you've hardly begun to think things through in anything like a rational or collected manner.

Do you REALLY think CC would release Sodje and Thornhill? He's just signed them up, for crying out loud. Galbraith's just been called up to the Scotland U-21's - so he has to go? You release Ian Murray, and send the signal to everyone else that if a player cares enough to come back to ER and give 100%, he'll be sacked at the first opportunity?

The team's just managed to put two decent results together and oull themselves away from the bottom of the table a wee bit, and you're starting a "Let's have a big discussion about who is or isn't good enough for the Hibees" thread?

Sack everyone YOU want to sack and we'll be needing a lot more than a right back, an experienced centre half, a couple of wide midfielders and a couple of strikers - and this isn't the time to be starting a moanfest about various players real or imagined deficiencies. We can still be relegated.

Threads like these leave me utterly astonished that any player anywhere would want to play for "supporters" like you.

See my post above Clarification. This is a Hibs Forum it is here to genarate debate, if you think it is wrong to discuss the squad because we have won two games FWIW I think your wrong. Because Murray is a Hibby he should be here for life :confused: Remember how he left and remember his comments (by the way they domt bother me at all)

These are only my thoughts on the squad I know it CAN'T and won't happen.

Golden Bear
13-02-2011, 06:15 PM
There's nothing like giving the players a fair crack at the whip before judging if they should be kept or released.

I mean a couple of games is ample time is it not?

:rolleyes:

lapsedhibee
13-02-2011, 06:37 PM
im not saying he is the second coming but if he continues to live up to the start he's had he might just be a legend

:grr: Keep up - already is a legend for implying in an interview that he'd never heard of HOMFC!

yekimevol
13-02-2011, 06:38 PM
1 Graham Stack - Keep
2 Michael Hart - Release
6 Ian Murray - keep
9 Colin Nish - Release
10 Derek Riordan - Keep
11 John Rankin - Release
13 Thomas Flynn - keep
16 Lewis Stevenson Release
18 Akpo Sodje - keep
(on loan from Brist R )
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
22 Daniel Galbraith- keep
25 David Stephens - Keep
26 Matt Thornhill keep
27 Lewis Horner -keep
28 Callum Booth - Keep
29 Kurtis Byrne -keep
30 Scott Taggart -keep
31 Mark Brown - Keep
32 Sean Welsh -keep
33 Liam Miller - Release
34 Richie Towell - Keep
41 Jakub Divis -keep
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

keep - 20
release - 11 bring in 6 new players of a higher level.

this would give us a squad size of 26 witch should be big enough for nexr season as we only have games on the domestic front with no european distractions.

Ed De Gramo
13-02-2011, 06:43 PM
See my post above Clarification. This is a Hibs Forum it is here to genarate debate, if you think it is wrong to discuss the squad because we have won two games FWIW I think your wrong. Because Murray is a Hibby he should be here for life :confused: Remember how he left and remember his comments (by the way they domt bother me at all)

These are only my thoughts on the squad I know it CAN'T and won't happen.

I'm still baffled at your decision to release Sodje.....yeah, so he's not hit the net with every shot...give him time.

He's been the best we've had up top at holding the ball up. If he continues to set up Deek week in week out, i'd have him here until he can no longer kick a ball.

Ed De Gramo
13-02-2011, 06:44 PM
1 Graham Stack - Keep
2 Michael Hart - Release
6 Ian Murray - keep
9 Colin Nish - Release
10 Derek Riordan - Keep
11 John Rankin - Release
13 Thomas Flynn - keep
18 Akpo Sodje - keep
(on loan from Brist R )
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
25 David Stephens - Keep
26 Matt Thornhill keep
27 Lewis Horner -keep
28 Callum Booth - Keep
29 Kurtis Byrne -keep
30 Scott Taggart -keep
31 Mark Brown - Keep
32 Sean Welsh -keep
33 Liam Miller - Release
34 Richie Towell - Keep
41 Jakub Divis -keep
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

keep - 20
release - 11 bring in 6 new players of a higher level.

this would give us a squad size of 26 witch should be big enough for nexr season as we only have games on the domestic front with no european distractions.

Thats exactly how i'd call it :top marks

ScottB
13-02-2011, 06:51 PM
1 Graham Stack - Keep
2 Michael Hart - Release
6 Ian Murray - keep
9 Colin Nish - Release
10 Derek Riordan - Keep
11 John Rankin - Keep
13 Thomas Flynn - keep
15 Steven Thicot - Keep
18 Akpo Sodje - keep
(on loan from Brist R )
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
25 David Stephens - Keep
26 Matt Thornhill keep
27 Lewis Horner -keep
28 Callum Booth - Keep
29 Kurtis Byrne -keep
30 Scott Taggart -keep
31 Mark Brown - Keep
32 Sean Welsh -keep
33 Liam Miller - Unknown
34 Richie Towell - Keep
41 Jakub Divis -keep
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

keep - 22
release - 8
unknown - 1

To hurl everyone out the door at once as some suggest wouldn't be smart, I'd rather CC and the Board were able to focus their energies bringing in another 5 or 6 top players, than the most likely partially at least panic buying of 10 - 12 + players all at once. The last two matches have generally seen the players who were already here performing better, not just the newbies doing it all, so I wouldn't have a problem with some of them remaining as squad players at least.

Miller is a question mark, if he really turns it on in our now much better midfield then fair enough, but as a no doubt top earner currently I don't think he's done enough to stay, and for me probably isn't even a starting pick right now. As it stands I'd let him go, the amount of cash he is on could bring in some good players, or secure Deek and Palsson on longer deals :greengrin

deeks01
13-02-2011, 06:53 PM
1 Graham Stack - Keep
2 Michael Hart - keep
6 Ian Murray - keep
9 Colin Nish - Release
10 Derek Riordan - Keep
11 John Rankin - keep
13 Thomas Flynn - keep
14 Francis Dickoh - Keep
16 Lewis Stevenson - Release
18 Akpo Sodje - Keep
(on loan from Brist R )
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
25 David Stephens - Keep
26 Matt Thornhill Keep
27 Lewis Horner - Keep
28 Callum Booth - Keep
29 Kurtis Byrne - Keep
30 Scott Taggart - Keep
31 Mark Brown - Release
32 Sean Welsh - Keep
33 Liam Miller - Undecided
34 Richie Towell - Loan expires
41 Jakub Divis - Keep
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

imho

harpo
13-02-2011, 07:38 PM

To be fair that part of you argument simply doesn't add up. Remember that Murray left Hibs on a free to join one of our fiercest rivals just after being out with a long term injury. Murray didn't care about the club then did he? The reason he came back to Hibs was because he wasn't getting a game at Norwich and his career was on the downward spirral, not because he cared for the club so much.

AlbertK86
13-02-2011, 08:47 PM
1 Graham Stack - Keep
2 Michael Hart - Release
6 Ian Murray - keep
9 Colin Nish - Release
10 Derek Riordan - Keep
11 John Rankin - Release
13 Thomas Flynn - keep
18 Akpo Sodje - keep
(on loan from Brist R )
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
25 David Stephens - Keep
26 Matt Thornhill keep
27 Lewis Horner -keep
28 Callum Booth - Keep
29 Kurtis Byrne -keep
30 Scott Taggart -keep
31 Mark Brown - Keep
32 Sean Welsh -keep
33 Liam Miller - keep
34 Richie Towell - Keep
41 Jakub Divis -keep
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

Starting 11

Divis/Brown

Towell (if back at Tic - new RB needed)
Murray/ New Big experienced centre back
Hanlon
Booth

Palsson

Miller
Thornhill
Scott

Sodje
Riordan

ScottB
13-02-2011, 09:26 PM
To be fair that part of you argument simply doesn't add up. Remember that Murray left Hibs on a free to join one of our fiercest rivals just after being out with a long term injury. Murray didn't care about the club then did he? The reason he came back to Hibs was because he wasn't getting a game at Norwich and his career was on the downward spirral, not because he cared for the club so much.

Personally I would like to keep Murray at the club in some capacity, but I agree with you, not giving him a new playing contract doesn't send some horrible message to players everywhere, if he isn't fit enough to warrant a deal then he shouldn't get one, regardless of who he is or what his history is.

If that was the case however, I'd like to see him join the Coaching staff, I suspect that could be the long term intention anyway.

Winston Ingram
13-02-2011, 09:52 PM
1 Graham Stack - Release purely on the basis that he is too injury prone and on a big wage
2 Michael Hart - Release though I think we'd have to pay him off
6 Ian Murray - Keep
9 Colin Nish - Release
10 Derek Riordan - Keep but on a paycut.
11 John Rankin - Release without question
13 Thomas Flynn - Dunno
14 Francis Dickoh - Keep
18 Akpo Sodje - Keep
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
25 David Stephens - Keep
26 Matt Thornhill - Keep
27 Lewis Horner - Keep
28 Callum Booth - Keep
29 Kurtis Byrne - Keep
30 Scott Taggart - Keep
31 Mark Brown - Keep
32 Sean Welsh -Keep
33 Liam Miller - Keep
34 Richie Towell - Keep
41 Jakub Divis - Keep
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

BEEJ
13-02-2011, 11:20 PM
So what you saying? Any ex player can come back to Hibs perform rubbish and should still get a new contract. Murray has been poor from what I have seen.

Personally I would like to keep Murray at the club in some capacity, but I agree with you, not giving him a new playing contract doesn't send some horrible message to players everywhere, if he isn't fit enough to warrant a deal then he shouldn't get one, regardless of who he is or what his history is.

If that was the case however, I'd like to see him join the Coaching staff, I suspect that could be the long term intention anyway.
Sorry to disappoint you chaps, but Murray is already under contract until June 2012. To release him in June would be to pay off some or all of his contract - not current club policy.

However, his ailments are becoming an increasing problem and IMHO he is likely to transition more to the coaching side of the club next season.

Sir David Gray
13-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Sorry to disappoint you chaps, but Murray is already under contract until June 2012. To release him in June would be to pay off some or all of his contract - not current club policy.

However, his ailments are becoming an increasing problem and IMHO he is likely to transition more to the coaching side of the club next season.

Isn't that what we did with Chris Hogg a couple of weeks ago?

I know he only had 6 months left on his contract as opposed to the year that Ian Murray will have remaining on his contract in the summer.

As it happens, I don't see Hibs releasing Ian Murray at any point over the next 16 or 17 months.

Septimus
14-02-2011, 07:30 AM
To make such decisions is prematuture. There is a fair amount of the season to go and the mindset might well change when we have given Hearts, for instance, a good seeing to.

There is spirit back in the team. Let's give the new players and some of the older ones too a chance to prove themselves under the new regime.

WindyMiller
14-02-2011, 08:30 AM
1 Graham Stack - Release purely on the basis that he is too injury prone and on a big wage
2 Michael Hart - PROBABLY STUCK WITH HIM
6 Ian Murray - Keep
9 Colin Nish - Release
10 Derek Riordan - I'LL GIVE HIM THE CHANCE TO WORK IN THE NEW SET-UP BEFORE i'LL DECIDE.
13 Thomas Flynn - Dunno, HAVEN'T SEEN HIM PLAY FOR 18 MONTHS
14 Francis Dickoh - Keep; ANOTHER YEAR'S CONTRACT.
16 Lewis Stevenson - Keep;ANOTHER YEAR'S CONTRACT
18 Akpo Sodje - Keep
19 Darryl Duffy - BACK TO BRISTOL
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
25 David Stephens - Keep
26 Matt Thornhill - Keep
27 Lewis Horner - DON'T KNOW; HAVEN'T SEEN HIM FOR A WHILE
28 Callum Booth - Keep
29 Kurtis Byrne -DON'T KNOW; HAVEN'T SEEN HIM FOR A WHILE [/COLOR]
30 Scott Taggart - DON'T KNOW; HAVEN'T SEEN HIM FOR A WHILE[/COLOR]
31 Mark Brown - Keep
32 Sean Welsh -DON'T KNOW; HAVEN'T SEEN HIM FOR A WHILE[/COLOR]
33 Liam Miller - RELEASE; HAD HIS CHANCE.
34 Richie Towell - PERHAPS CELTC WILL SELL HIM
41 Jakub Divis - NOT SEEN HIM
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2011, 08:33 AM
2 Michael Hart - Release though I think we'd have to pay him off
6 Ian Murray - Keep
9 Colin Nish - Release
10 Derek Riordan - Keep but on a paycut.
13 Thomas Flynn - Dunno
14 Francis Dickoh - Keep
18 Akpo Sodje - Keep
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
25 David Stephens - Keep
26 Matt Thornhill - Keep
27 Lewis Horner - Keep
28 Callum Booth - Keep
29 Kurtis Byrne - Keep
30 Scott Taggart - Keep
31 Mark Brown - Keep
32 Sean Welsh -Keep
33 Liam Miller - Keep
34 Richie Towell - Keep
41 Jakub Divis - Keep
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

Was not aware Stack was on a big wage?

Ernie Cobra
14-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Graham Stack - Keep
2 Michael Hart - Release
6 Ian Murray - keep and play as sweeper behind hanlon
9 Colin Nish - Release
10 Derek Riordan - Keep and boot him up the hole
11 John Rankin - Release
13 Thomas Flynn - keep
16 Lewis Stevenson release
18 Akpo Sodje - keep
19 Darryl Duffy - keep
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
21 Graeme Smith - Release and SHOOT
25 David Stephens - Keep
26 Matt Thornhill keep
27 Lewis Horner -keep
28 Callum Booth - Keep
29 Kurtis Byrne -keep
30 Scott Taggart -keep
31 Mark Brown - Keep
32 Sean Welsh -keep
33 Liam Miller - keep and boot him up the hole
34 Richie Towell - Keep
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

10- Release
20- Keeps
1 - Undecided

thats my thoughts

--------
14-02-2011, 10:39 AM

That was my point. To release Ian now or in June would mean terminating his contract ahead of time - buying his contract out in fact. So we wouldn't in fact be saving money.

He's an experienced player who already has some of his coaching certificates and IIRC has begun working as a coach (with a team in the Borders?).

There's been a lot of complaint from various people on here about how players have no sense of loyalty nowadays and how most of our squad weren't trying, lazy so-an-so's, wage-thieves, etc. What message does it convey to younger players in particular if the club in effect tell Ian, "Hey, you're stiffening up, slowing up, looks like the arthritis is finally starting to bite - so here's your money. Now get lost."

A major part of our problem over the past 4-5 years has been the turnover in senior staff - so many managers, so few seasons. So many players in, so many out, and very few of them showing much commitment or concern for the club we support. Ian's one player who has shown a bit of commitment, and a queue's already forming to show him the door.

Relegation struggles aren't like business as usual. Commitment matters as much as mobility at times. I'd play him as long as he can play, and then get him involved with Gareth and the reserve coaches, keep him around the first-team as long as possible. That seems to be CC's idea, and IMO he's absolutely right.

Iain G
14-02-2011, 10:52 AM
FWIW and I haven't read all of the thread so sorry if I agree with someone, I expect our core squad next season to be based around:

Divis
Stack or Brown
Hanlon
Booth
Murray
Welsh
Wotherspoon
Scott
Palsson
Thornhill
Galbraith
Horner
Sodje
Riordan
Byrne
Flynn

With these guys likely to be there unless CC can work his transfer magic:

Dickoh
Miller
Nish
Stevenson
Thicot
Stevens

And this lot being asked/encouraged to leave:

Stack or Brown
Smith
De Graff
Hart
McBride
Rankin
Trakys
Duffy

Giving CC as much wiggle room in the transfer market as possible :agree:

Cocaine&Caviar
14-02-2011, 10:54 AM
For me next season:

GK: Stack, Brown

DR: Towell, McCann
DL: Booth, NP
DC: Hanlon, Dickoh
DC: NP, Stephens

DM: Palsson, NP
DM: Scott, Murray
MC: Miller, Thornhill

RW: Wotherspoon, NP
LW: Riordan, Galbraith
ST: NP, Sodje

So 5 New Players, assuming we could get Towell in, a starting Dominant and Expereinced Centre Back, and a starting Target Man forward, with maybe a bit of pace and goals, Rooney/O'connor. Then squad players.

Meaning Thicot, Stevenson, Smith, McBride, Trakys, Nish, Hart, Duffy, and De Graff out.

5 in, 9 out, hopefully a bit more quality than quantity, with the young guys like Moyes, Smith, Taggart, Byrne, Welsh etc getting a few games.

--------
14-02-2011, 11:31 AM
FWIW and I haven't read all of the thread so sorry if I agree with someone, I expect our core squad next season to be based around:

Divis
Stack or Brown
Hanlon
Booth
Murray
Welsh
Wotherspoon
Scott
Palsson
Thornhill
Galbraith
Horner
Sodje
Riordan
Byrne
Flynn

With these guys likely to be there unless CC can work his transfer magic:

Dickoh
Miller
Nish
Stevenson
Thicot
Stevens

And this lot being asked/encouraged to leave:

Stack or Brown
Smith
De Graff
Hart
McBride
Rankin
Trakys
Duffy

Giving CC as much wiggle room in the transfer market as possible :agree:

You reckon CC'll be working with only 2 senior keepers? I think we really need 3 - one playing, one on the bench, and a back-up. Is Flynn ready? (I'm just asking - I don't know.)

That's actually about how I would see things, although of your middle group - Dickoh, Miller, Nish, Stevenson, Thicot and Stevens - I MIGHT be inclined to keep Dickoh and I WOULD keep Stephens (young guy, give him time) while releasing the other 4. Ian Murray, as I've said elsewhere, I wouldn't expect to play much next season, but he's a guy I would keep around and encourage to develop himself as a coach.

Smith I think we'd all be relieved to see gone; De Graaf I don't think will be back; Hart hasn't worked out; McBride has already been told to look for a club; Rankin's willing, but limited; Trakys - Sick-note Revisted? And Duffy's a Bristol Rovers player anyway. And THEY'RE sinking without trace.

I'd like to see us keep young Towell, but the way he's playing I'd guess the Soapies'll want him back.

I notice Billy McNeill was at Paisley on Saturday. Looking at a Rooney?

Elephant Stone
14-02-2011, 11:46 AM
1 Graham Stack - Keep
2 Michael Hart - Release
6 Ian Murray - Keep
9 Colin Nish - Release
10 Derek Riordan - Keep
11 John Rankin - Release
13 Thomas Flynn - Don't Know
14 Francis Dickoh - Undecided
17 Kevin McBride - Keep
18 Akpo Sodje - Keep
19 Darryl Duffy -Release
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
25 David Stephens - Keep
26 Matt Thornhill Keep
27 Lewis Horner -Don't Know
28 Callum Booth - Keep
29 Kurtis Byrne - Keep
30 Scott Taggart -Don't Know
31 Mark Brown - Keep
32 Sean Welsh -Don't Know
33 Liam Miller - Keep
34 Richie Towell - Try to Keep
41 Jakub Divis -Don't Know
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep & Extend Contract ASAP

silverhibee
14-02-2011, 12:53 PM

Think you could be right about the bit in bold. :agree:

calumhibee1
14-02-2011, 12:56 PM
1 Graham Stack - Keep
2 Michael Hart - Release
6 Ian Murray - Keep
9 Colin Nish - Release
10 Derek Riordan - Keep
11 John Rankin - Release
13 Thomas Flynn - No idea
14 Francis Dickoh - Keep
18 Akpo Sodje - Keep
(on loan from Brist R )
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
25 David Stephens - Keep
26 Matt Thornhill - Keep
27 Lewis Horner - No Idea
28 Callum Booth - Keep
29 Kurtis Byrne - Keep
30 Scott Taggart - No idea
31 Mark Brown - Keep
32 Sean Welsh - Keep
33 Liam Miller - Keep
34 Richie Towell - Keep
41 Jakub Divis - Keep
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

BEEJ
14-02-2011, 01:02 PM

I know he only had 6 months left on his contract as opposed to the year that Ian Murray will have remaining on his contract in the summer.

As it happens, I don't see Hibs releasing Ian Murray at any point over the next 16 or 17 months.
Hogg was the first player at Hibs to be released from his contract since September 2009.

But bear in mind:

he did only have six months left on his contract;
he did find another club, meaning that he presumably accepted from Hibs some % of his remaining contract value in order to leave (perhaps 50%?).

Hogg's release was therefore relatively inexpensive and was to the club's financial advantage as well.

So all credit to Chris Hogg who simply wants to get on with his career and play football and therefore went to some lengths in the January window to arrange a new contract elsewhere.

If players are not willing to accept a proportion of their contract as a lump sum in order to leave the club, then RP will not pay them off and they'll see out their contract playing in practice matches with the U-19s.

As for Murray, on his wages in June 2011 with a year to go - not a chance he will be released unless he finds another club, which may be unlikely now at SPL level or better given his fitness issues.

gobragh1875
14-02-2011, 01:28 PM
There is life away from hibs net simply the best i think you should gee yir self a shake you waching the same games as me 45 years waching hibs i hope you where joking in your post

Billy Whizz
14-02-2011, 02:04 PM
I've seen Sean Welsh's name mentioned as "keep" on most of these threads.
Do you know if he's fit and likely to appear before the end of the season?

Albion Hibs
14-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Hogg was the first player at Hibs to be released from his contract since September 2009.

But bear in mind:

he did only have six months left on his contract;
he did find another club, meaning that he presumably accepted from Hibs some % of his remaining contract value in order to leave (perhaps 50%?).

Hogg's release was therefore relatively inexpensive and was to the club's financial advantage as well.

So all credit to Chris Hogg who simply wants to get on with his career and play football and therefore went to some lengths in the January window to arrange a new contract elsewhere.

If players are not willing to accept a proportion of their contract as a lump sum in order to leave the club, then RP will not pay them off and they'll see out their contract playing in practice matches with the U-19s.

As for Murray, on his wages in June 2011 with a year to go - not a chance he will be released unless he finds another club, which may be unlikely now at SPL level or better given his fitness issues.

Yet he is a better / fitter player than Hogg, and many others in the first team at hibs for that matter, and Hogg walked straight into another SPL club, one in a far better league position that us so I dont agree with that line of arguement.

BEEJ
14-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Yet he is a better / fitter player than Hogg, and many others in the first team at hibs for that matter, and Hogg walked straight into another SPL club, one in a far better league position that us so I dont agree with that line of arguement.
We are not discussing skill or regular fitness here.

The issue with Murray is apparently an ongoing physical ailment which he is doing his very best to play through.

Albion Hibs
14-02-2011, 05:53 PM
We are not discussing skill or regular fitness here.

The issue with Murray is apparently an ongoing physical ailment which he is doing his very best to play through.

My point is that many on here seem to suggest that when a player is released the level they will end up playing at is 2 or so divisions below where we are now - the Hogg move proved that is not the case and I would think it would be the same for Rankin and Nish. Your post implied that because of this apparent physical ailment this division may be a struggle for him, despite the fact he has played every game he has been available for (with exception of Dundee Utd) and perhaps 10 mins here or there.

scoopyboy
14-02-2011, 06:17 PM

Chris Hogg ripped his contract up. No compo paid.

JACK_HFC
14-02-2011, 07:14 PM
1 Graham Stack - Keep
2 Michael Hart - Release
6 Ian Murray - Release
9 Colin Nish - Release
10 Derek Riordan - Keep
11 John Rankin - Release
18 Akpo Sodje - Release
(on loan from Brist R )
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
25 David Stephens - Keep
28 Callum Booth - Keep
31 Mark Brown - Keep
32 Sean Welsh -Undecided
33 Liam Miller - Release
34 Richie Towell - Keep
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

Thirteen - Release
Ten - Keeps
Eight - Undecided

Youve lost the plot mate!!

1 Graham Stack - Keep
2 Michael Hart - Release
6 Ian Murray - Keep
9 Colin Nish - Release!!!!!!!!!!!! :bye:
10 Derek Riordan - Keep
11 John Rankin - Keep
13 Thomas Flynn - Keep
14 Francis Dickoh - Keep
17 Kevin McBride - Keep
18 Akpo Sodje - Keep
19 Darryl Duffy - Keep
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
23 Valdas Trakys - Keep
25 David Stephens - Keep
26 Matt Thornhill - Keep
27 Lewis Horner -Not Seen
28 Callum Booth - Keep
29 Kurtis Byrne -Keep
30 Scott Taggart -Not Seen
31 Mark Brown - Keep
32 Sean Welsh -Not Seen
33 Liam Miller - Keep
34 Richie Towell - Keep
41 Jakub Divis - Not Seen
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

:aok:

Lago
14-02-2011, 07:23 PM
1 Graham Stack - Keep
2 Michael Hart - Release
6 Ian Murray - Release
9 Colin Nish - Release
10 Derek Riordan - Keep
11 John Rankin - Release
18 Akpo Sodje - Release
(on loan from Brist R )
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
25 David Stephens - Keep
28 Callum Booth - Keep
31 Mark Brown - Keep
32 Sean Welsh -Undecided
33 Liam Miller - Release
34 Richie Towell - Keep
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

Thirteen - Release
Ten - Keeps
Eight - Undecided
Glad your not the manager

WindyMiller
14-02-2011, 07:29 PM

The gap between us and them is the same as us and Accies, and they haven't won since they played us in November.

BEEJ
14-02-2011, 09:01 PM
My point is that many on here seem to suggest that when a player is released the level they will end up playing at is 2 or so divisions below where we are now - the Hogg move proved that is not the case and I would think it would be the same for Rankin and Nish. Your post implied that because of this apparent physical ailment this division may be a struggle for him, despite the fact he has played every game he has been available for (with exception of Dundee Utd) and perhaps 10 mins here or there.
But he is not the player he once was - even you as his greatest advocate on here must accept that. He is clearly finding it harder to keep up with the pace of a typical SPL encounter but manages to do so just now due to his ability to read the game.

If the condition stabilises then maybe Murray will continue to feature regularly in the starting 11 next season (substitute's bench not an option apparently).

I thought his performance in the second half was brilliant on Saturday; but I'm not expecting him to feature as much next season as a player.

BEEJ
14-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Chris Hogg ripped his contract up. No compo paid.
Interesting.

Almost a unique individual then in today's professional footballing world.

Dashing Bob S
14-02-2011, 09:09 PM

I think that's a good point. The SPL isn't stuffed with world-beaters, and Hogg, Rankin and Nish are decent players at that level. The problem with them is that they are essentially complimentary players. Hogg is a decent sweeper IF you have a strong rugged, centre-half alongside him, and pace at the full-back and midfield. Nish is a proven goalscorer IF you have width and get crosses in for him, and Rankin has a engine, a shot but is limited and squad player.

The point is that NO team in the SPL is good enough to carry three guys like that, who will only perform if the planets align in a certain way. We are better off with higher class like Paullson, who also has the temperament and stepped back comfortably into the sweeper role, positional sense like Thornhill, and tackling strength and drive like Scott.

Jones28
14-02-2011, 09:13 PM
1 Graham Stack - Keep
2 Michael Hart - Release
6 Ian Murray - Keep
9 Colin Nish - Release
10 Derek Riordan - Keep
11 John Rankin - Release
13 Thomas Flynn - Keep
14 Francis Dickoh - Keep
18 Akpo Sodje - Keep
(on loan from Brist R )
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
25 David Stephens - Keep
26 Matt Thornhill - Keep
27 Lewis Horner - Keep
28 Callum Booth - Keep
29 Kurtis Byrne - Keep
30 Scott Taggart -Keep
31 Mark Brown - Keep
32 Sean Welsh -Keep
33 Liam Miller - Keep
34 Richie Towell - Keep
41 Jakub Divis - Never seen him play so do not know
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

Thirteen - Release
Ten - Keeps
Eight - Undecided

To release/punt so many players is mental, basically buying in a whole new squad in 1 or 2 windows.
Explain why you would be undecided about any of the younger guys, THEY are the future of Hibernian.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2011, 09:23 PM
What a difference 10 or so days can make, 99.9% of folk would have punted Stack, now its the opposite.

BEEJ
14-02-2011, 09:49 PM
What a difference 10 or so days can make, 99.9% of folk would have punted Stack, now its the opposite.
Many would have done so due to Stack appearing to be a permanent feature on the physio's table.

Now that he is apparently 'repaired', he can perhaps be viewed in a different light.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Many would have done so due to Stack appearing to be a permanent feature on the physio's table.

Now that he is apparently 'repaired', he can perhaps be viewed in a different light.

I dont see how, have his injuries cleared up for good? He was a wage thief less than a fortnight ago, if he's injured again he will soon be one again. Just goes to show you how fickle we really are.:greengrin

essexhibee
14-02-2011, 10:34 PM
I'll let calderwood decide. Funny how fortunes appeared to have changed after he brought in his own signing and played his players and strengthened where we needed.

I have faith he will bin who is necessary to bin.

BEEJ
14-02-2011, 11:15 PM
I dont see how, have his injuries cleared up for good? He was a wage thief less than a fortnight ago, if he's injured again he will soon be one again. Just goes to show you how fickle we really are.:greengrin
Did you not see his interview on Hibs TV last week, an excerpt of which was available on the main page of the official site? Right as rain now, apparently.

I was certainly for binning him due to his long-term injury problems. But if he can steer clear of further injury set-backs then he's a valuable player to have in the team.

It will be interesting to see who CC opts for next in goals after Sunday when Stack will have played the third and final match of his current allocation. :greengrin

Albion Hibs
14-02-2011, 11:38 PM
But he is not the player he once was - even you as his greatest advocate on here must accept that. He is clearly finding it harder to keep up with the pace of a typical SPL encounter but manages to do so just now due to his ability to read the game.

If the condition stabilises then maybe Murray will continue to feature regularly in the starting 11 next season (substitute's bench not an option apparently).

I thought his performance in the second half was brilliant on Saturday; but I'm not expecting him to feature as much next season as a player.

A lot of people have written him off for a long time. My simple view would be where is the evidence he is struggling this season, where is the evidence that he will struggle next season. There is an awful lot of physios / sports science experts on here, I will leave it to the staff and hibs and of course the player to put in a performance each weekend. Until we see anything contrary it is nothing more than the unsubstantiated / unsupported expert fan of "his legs have gone" chat when lets be honest we could not be further from knowing.

blackpoolhibs
15-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Did you not see his interview on Hibs TV last week, an excerpt of which was available on the main page of the official site? Right as rain now, apparently.

I was certainly for binning him due to his long-term injury problems. But if he can steer clear of further injury set-backs then he's a valuable player to have in the team.

It will be interesting to see who CC opts for next in goals after Sunday when Stack will have played the third and final match of his current allocation. :greengrin

No i didn't, i dont bother with the official site or HI these days. I hope his injury problems are over as imo he's the best we have. Stack has played little football for a man his age, i have my doubts he will ever be completely over his back problem. Perhaps Divis is good, but until he's played we cant judge him yet.

Sammy7nil
15-02-2011, 12:33 PM
To release/punt so many players is mental, basically buying in a whole new squad in 1 or 2 windows.
Explain why you would be undecided about any of the younger guys, THEY are the future of Hibernian.

Simpy really, I am undecided because I aint seen enough of them.
Look at the thread I dont think this would happen for one minute. I know it is too many players to release it is only my thoughts I am not saying it is remotely possible.

Jones28
15-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Simpy really, I am undecided because I aint seen enough of them.
Look at the thread I dont think this would happen for one minute. I know it is too many players to release it is only my thoughts I am not saying it is remotely possible.

Also at a loss as to why you would want to punt Sodje? Or Ian Murray? Murray did more running on saturday then he has done all season and surely if he can keep that sort of pace for a couple of seasons more you wouldn't want to see him go.

blackpoolhibs
15-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Also at a loss as to why you would want to punt Sodje? Or Ian Murray? Murray did more running on saturday then he has done all season and surely if he can keep that sort of pace for a couple of seasons more you wouldn't want to see him go.

I'd get rid of Murray, his form imo has been awful, in fact he's been a passenger again imo. Every 2nd touch has been a tackle, his passing poor and marking of his man again poor. Saturday 2nd half was very good, and if he could produce that every week i'd have to reconsider. If i have to judge over the season though, i'd get rid.

smurf
15-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Interesting.

Almost a unique individual then in today's professional footballing world.

Indeed. Hoggy won't be remembered as a great but he always gave 100%. Wasn't involved in any way with the disgraceful stabbing of the back of John Collins when out of the country. IMHO an excellent professional.

Indeed i think i may write him a wee note wishing him all the best.:greengrin

Oranje39
15-02-2011, 01:38 PM
1 Graham Stack - Keep
2 Michael Hart - Release
6 Ian Murray - Keep/Coaching roll
9 Colin Nish - Release
10 Derek Riordan - Keep
11 John Rankin - Release
13 Thomas Flynn - Keep/Loan out
14 Francis Dickoh - Keep
15 Steven Thicot - Keep
18 Akpo Sodje - Keep
(on loan from Brist R )
20 Paul Hanlon - Keep
25 David Stephens - Keep
26 Matt Thornhill - Keep
28 Callum Booth - Keep
31 Mark Brown - Keep
32 Sean Welsh -Undecided
33 Liam Miller - Keep
34 Richie Towell - Keep
44 Martin Scott - Keep
91 Victor Palsson - Keep

J-C
15-02-2011, 02:47 PM

Therein lies Stack's problem, when fit he's probably our number one but all to often he's injured and so can't be relied upon for a season long campaign, seemingly he's got the same spinal injury as Ferdinand, some weeks good, other weeks bad.