PDA

View Full Version : Hibs U19's 2 V Falkirk U19's 1 - FT

Brooster
13-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Is the u19 Scottish Cup tie on today? I cant see it on the official site?

Kevvy1875
13-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Through in Falkirk I believe?

H18sry
13-02-2011, 11:06 AM
There was a thread earlier in the week saying it was at EM 1.30 KO , can't mind what day tho :greengrin

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?204213-Under-19s-in-Cup-match-this-Sunday

Kevvy1875
13-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Nope...I lied.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?204213-Under-19s-in-Cup-match-this-Sunday

Its VS Falkirk at East mains

Brooster
13-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Perfect, i will take a stroll up.

Brooster
13-02-2011, 02:28 PM
HT 1-0 Hibs scott smith. Hibs 15s beating clyde 3-1 on the all weather.

oconnors_strip
13-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Half tiime 1 nil hibs. Scott smith scored just before half time

BEEJ
13-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Half tiime 1 nil hibs. Scott smith scored just before half time
Get in there, Scott Smith! :thumbsup:

hibs0666
13-02-2011, 03:22 PM
What was the final score?

helsbels
13-02-2011, 03:36 PM
after 90 mins 1-1 extra time being played

Brooster
13-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Hibs 2-1 up ht extra time. Falkirk down to ten men.

RoYO!
13-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Can you just stroll in to see the u-19's etc?

Not seen east mains- wouldn't mind seeing it in person

H18sry
13-02-2011, 03:49 PM

Bit late only 10 mins left :wink:

Pretty Boy
13-02-2011, 03:51 PM

I'm playing for the Hibs Rivals4charity team this year and we are getting a couple of weeks training at East Mains apparently.

Really looking forward to seeing the place, it's supposed to be amazing.

greenlex
13-02-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm playing for the Hibs Rivals4charity team this year and we are getting a couple of weeks training at East Mains apparently.

Really looking forward to seeing the place, it's supposed to be amazing.
Do you know the full team line up Pretty Boy?

ozzie
13-02-2011, 04:01 PM
is it ft yet?

deekster
13-02-2011, 04:06 PM
FT 2 1 Hibs

Dunbar Hibee
13-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Who scored the 2nd?

greenlex
13-02-2011, 04:07 PM
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:
That is all :thumbsup:

deekster
13-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Verth i think. Not there just got an update from a mate.

1875godsgift
:thumbsup: Well done the young 'uns! :thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
Who scored the 2nd?

Jack verth

Randerson_4
13-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Wasn't able to make it but was told Handling scored the 2nd. Heard Smiths goal was a peach & that he was outstanding & ran the show from Centre-Midfield. Know Scott well so delighted to hear it aswell as obviously the team doing well

Dunbar Hibee
13-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Wasn't able to make it but was told Handling scored the 2nd. Heard Smiths goal was a peach & that he was outstanding & ran the show from Centre-Midfield. Know Scott well so delighted to hear it aswell as obviously the team doing well

Hopefully :thumbsup: I know him well and he's a great wee player. One for the future:agree:

oconnors_strip
13-02-2011, 05:40 PM

maybe danny did score it but jack and the lads certainly celebrated like jack had scored it. was unsure if ref had actually given a goal or a foul at first!

Iggy Pope
13-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Anyone got the line-up? Can't put names to all of them.

Particularly liked the geordie LB who was getting called 'Bro' or 'Bruv' and the big Centre back (Foster?) who looked a big hard laddie.

Scott Smith is a driving force for them and seems to suit the midfield role he has now. Used the ball extremely well. On a negative though, he lets himself down with his language a wee bit. There are a lot of kids at these games and he needs to remember he's captaining a side representing the club not paggering about the Sunday amateurs. The big No 6 (who I think got the winner) got caught up in a bit of the same with the Falkirk line when he was gettting treated for cramp and it cost him a yellow. I am surprised that the coaching staff don't take a harder line with this. They didn't appear phased.

First time I've seen the 19s since the summer friendly v Craigroyston having gone a lot for a few seasons beforehand and I really need to keep making the effort.
(Not the same without seeing and hearing wee Mick McGhee about though - language slips or not!).

oconnors_strip
13-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Anyone got the line-up? Can't put names to all of them.

Particularly liked the geordie LB who was getting called 'Bro' or 'Bruv' and the big Centre back (Foster?) who looked a big hard laddie.

Scott Smith is a driving force for them and seems to suit the midfield role he has now. Used the ball extremely well. On a negative though, he lets himself down with his language a wee bit. There are a lot of kids at these games and he needs to remember he's captaining a side representing the club not paggering about the Sunday amateurs. The big No 6 (who I think got the winner) got caught up in a bit of the same with the Falkirk line when he was gettting treated for cramp and it cost him a yellow. I am surprised that the coaching staff don't take a harder line with this. They didn't appear phased.

First time I've seen the 19s since the summer friendly v Craigroyston having gone a lot for a few seasons beforehand and I really need to keep making the effort.
(Not the same without seeing and hearing wee Mick McGhee about though - language slips or not!).

1. calum antell
2. calum burns
3. scott smith
4. harry monaghan
5. jordon forster
6. jack verth
7. david crawford
8. lewi horner
9. ross caldwell
10. dean horribine
11. marc lancaster

jordon forster signed from celtic in the summer, great big laddie and only turned 17 back in september!

i agree about the language of some players, i think the coaches deal with incidents after games and behind closed doors, no point in giving the lad a bolloking when there is an important game to be won. as for smithy, thats what makes him him, gives us some amusement on the touchline some weeks:greengrin

Iggy Pope
13-02-2011, 07:48 PM
1. calum antell
2. calum burns
3. scott smith
4. harry monaghan
5. jordon forster
6. jack verth
7. david crawford
8. lewi horner
9. ross caldwell
10. dean horribine
11. marc lancaster

jordon forster signed from celtic in the summer, great big laddie and only turned 17 back in september!

i agree about the language of some players, i think the coaches deal with incidents after games and behind closed doors, no point in giving the lad a bolloking when there is an important game to be won. as for smithy, thats what makes him him, gives us some amusement on the touchline some weeks:greengrin

Ta.
Marc Lancaster will be the young Geordie fellah on the left then and he looks like he has a lot of character.
And I would not want a clattering off the big man Foster.

As for the language I don't think the coaches are dealing with it very well as it seemed so common. The No 6 got yellowed for telling the Falkirk line to **** his ****.......a wee bit immature and he needs to wisen up. I'm no prude - I played Sunday amateurs for 20 seasons myself and said and heard a lot worse - but these boys are on a different playing field in a pro set-up and should behave like they are.

Mikey
13-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Interesting to get an update on how well Smith did today. There was a discussion about him on the PM board the other week and I asked how close he is to stepping into Murray's position in the first team.

General consensus was that he isn't. Anyone think otherwise?

I'm talking about next season, not this one.

greenlex
13-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Ta.
Marc Lancaster will be the young Geordie fellah on the left then and he looks like he has a lot of character.

As for the language I don't think the coaches are dealing with it very well as it seemed so common. The No 6 got yellowed for telling the Falkirk line to **** his ****.......a wee bit immature and he needs to wisen up. I'm no prude - I played Sunday amateurs for 20 seasons myself and said and heard a lot worse - but these boys are on a different playing field in a pro set-up and should behave like they are.

With Hughes as a role model its hardly surprising the language has been allowed to get where it is. Perhaps Calderwood can help them clean up their act.

oconnors_strip
13-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Ta.

aye thats lancaster, some great runs down that left wing from him today. he created the goal against hearts in last round:thumbsup: some great banter to:greengrin

yeah i agree, verth's booking for telling the falkirk coaches to do that was wrong but it did make us chuckle to:rolleyes::greengrin

Iggy Pope
13-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Interesting to get an update on how well Smith did today. There was a discussion about him on the PM board the other week and I asked how close he is to stepping into Murray's position in the first team.

General consensus was that he isn't. Anyone think otherwise?

I'm talking about next season, not this one.

Looked a lot stronger physically today than I recall him and hope he can keep progressing.
Lewis Horner has been around the fringes of the first team too and he looked pretty athletic today.

I think they both have a way to go still.

I suppose the coaches are working day to day with the boys and will know when they are ready to step up, if at all. Some of them make the step and look as if they've been there all along.

Andy Bee
13-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Well done the young team :agree: I've only managed to see this team on HI but from what I've seen they look good, I like the lad Caldwell, tricky player from what I've seen of him.

Is there a reason why they never have names on their backs?

oconnors_strip
13-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Well done the young team :agree: I've only managed to see this team on HI but from what I've seen they look good, I like the lad Caldwell, tricky player from what I've seen of him.

Is there a reason why they never have names on their backs?

ross was out injured for 3 months with a knee injury so its very pleasing to see him back playing:top marks

the starting eleven changes some weeks but they try to keep to the same number when playing.

crash
13-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Hibs dominated the game with some good football down the wings. Should have been at least three up at half time, but lacked a cutting edge and, as so often happens in football, were made to pay when Falkirk equalised. However they got through in the end.

monktonharp
13-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Ta.

As for the language I don't think the coaches are dealing with it very well as it seemed so common. The No 6 got yellowed for telling the Falkirk line to **** his ****.......a wee bit immature and he needs to wisen up. I'm no prude - I played Sunday amateurs for 20 seasons myself and said and heard a lot worse - but these boys are on a different playing field in a pro set-up and should behave like they are.that's what you get when with you are with common people, Jarvis would tell you that:wink:

Brooster
13-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Great performance, they all upped their performance from last week and deserved to win. The back four were brillant. Smithy will benefit from his loan spell!!!! Great win

oconnors_strip
13-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Great performance, they all upped their performance from last week and deserved to win. The back four were brillant. Smithy will benefit from his loan spell!!!! Great win

what loan spell?:confused:

Brooster
13-02-2011, 09:36 PM
He will be away on loan soonish I think.;-)

oconnors_strip
13-02-2011, 09:42 PM

well please tell him that:wink:

Mikey
13-02-2011, 09:47 PM

This season? With a view to being in the first team squad next season??

If he wins the cup with Brechin do we get an open top bus? :greengrin