PDA

View Full Version : Stacky

billbee
13-02-2011, 04:51 AM
Dont like all this chopping and changing keepers, seems 3 games in then out! wonder if Divis is next for a place?, was happy with Brown, but CC seems to be ringing the changes, so need to go with that!

Thought Stack had a couple of class saves yesterday to keep us in the game!

Ferryhibby
13-02-2011, 07:20 PM
I think hel stick with stack :greengrin he said on radio after the st mirren game he believes stack was the calming influence in the game

The Hurricane
13-02-2011, 07:50 PM
I think hel stick with stack :greengrin he said on radio after the st mirren game he believes stack was the calming influence in the game
Playing quite well imo but I wonder how long until he is injured again

--------
13-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Playing quite well imo but I wonder how long until he is injured again

:agree:

That's the only question about him - when fit he's the best keeper we have.

The Hurricane
13-02-2011, 08:00 PM

You are probably right there:thumbsup:

Jack
13-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Kicked the match ball into the East at the end of the match.
That'll cost him ... £70!
Anyone know who got it?

CraigK
13-02-2011, 10:16 PM
I didn't actually rate stack before the last couple of games. Now i think he may well have played himself into a new contract?

Sas_The_Hibby
13-02-2011, 10:20 PM

Don't agree - I think he's okay but I think Brown's better. Brown's kicking can be a bit dodgy but Stack's failing is not coming for cross balls which is ultimately more dangerous, IMO.

Removed
13-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Don't agree - I think he's okay but I think Brown's better. Brown's kicking can be a bit dodgy but Stack's failing is not coming for cross balls which is ultimately more dangerous, IMO.

Is it, or is it another case of it being said so many times on here by the same people that folk start to believe it as fact :dunno:

I'd have Stack over Brown.

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Is it, or is it another case of it being said so many times on here by the same people that folk start to believe it as fact :dunno:

:agree:He comes when its needed, if the defenders are favorite to win it he leaves them to get on with it. Injuries are my only worry with him.

matty_f
13-02-2011, 11:46 PM

:agree:He comes when its needed, if the defenders are favorite to win it he leaves them to get on with it. Injuries are my only worry with him.

:agree: The Stack stuck to his line came about from folk desperate to find fault so they could do a "told you so" about Ma-kalambay.

Stack's decision making his good, if he can get a cross he'll come and either take it or punch it. If the defenders can get it, he leaves it for them so he can make a save if necessary.

MacBean
14-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Stack has bags of confidence and an outstanding mental stability that our other keepers have not shown all season, particularly Smith. Whilst Brown has played well I think Stack's influence on the whole team, let alone the defence has been hugely significant in the last couple of games and I hope that CC sticks with him.

Injuries are the worry with him, but Stack is my number 1.

Purehibee_MYB
14-02-2011, 11:39 AM
I was one of the people angry that Brown was dropped, but looking at the past few games it has seemed as though Stack is able to keep everyone calm and organise the defence well...When just watching the keeper I do think Brown looks better but overall the influence, and the work done by Stack makes him 1st choice at the moment.

--------
14-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Stack has bags of confidence and an outstanding mental stability that our other keepers have not shown all season, particularly Smith. Whilst Brown has played well I think Stack's influence on the whole team, let alone the defence has been hugely significant in the last couple of games and I hope that CC sticks with him.

Injuries are the worry with him, but Stack is my number 1.

:agree: Absolutely.

You're right about his mental stability - when he makes a mistake (as all keepers do from time to time) he seems to be able to put it out of his mind and get on with the game. Smith doesn't have this, and neither did Maka, and however gifted or able a keeper might be, if he can't move on after an error, he's going to be a liability.

He's also very difficult to wind up, IMO - which again is good. And I don't think he's the slightest bit vulnerable to intimidation - rather the opposite, IMHO.

As for coming for cross-balls, the important thing IMO is that the centre-halves know what the goalie's going to do - come out or stay on his line - rather than that the goalie comes for and claims every ball. Stack's judgement here seems good - and he lets his people know what he's doing.

In fact, of all our keepers Stack seems to be the most vocal - he tells his defenders what's going on around them, which is a vital part of the goalie's job. All this has a positive effect on the rest of the team - as we've seen in the last two games, I think.

If he can stay fit till the end of this season, I'd really like to see him, Brown and Divis as our three keepers next time round. I don't know Divis, but Brown I like, and it's surely no difficult thing for him to work on his kicking. The rest of his game's sound.

RyeSloan
14-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Kicked the match ball into the East at the end of the match.
That'll cost him ... £70!
Anyone know who got it?

Guy near me caught it....I was too busy looking after my young un to get involved or I might have been in a position to catch the thing...it disappeared up the boys jouk pretty sharpish!

erin go bragh
14-02-2011, 05:18 PM
stack has a 100% record this season /played 3 ,won 3 :wink:
ggtth

Sas_The_Hibby
14-02-2011, 07:09 PM

Yeah, of course, I'm just saying that because everyone else does! :rolleyes:

Disagree with me by all means but please don't patronise me!

Removed
14-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Yeah, of course, I'm just saying that because everyone else does! :rolleyes:

Disagree with me by all means but please don't patronise me!

Maybe you're the one that started it then :dunno: :greengrin

Wasn't meaning to patronise you so apologies if it came over to you that way, but yes I do disagree.

AndersonGGTTH
14-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Stack is our best keeper , Simple!

Am really glad hes back in the team , brown is good but kicking is horrific and no communication confidence?

degenerated
14-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Stack is by far and away the best keeper we have. Andy Goram was the best keeper i have ever seen in a Hibs jersey and he wasn't the best at cross balls. What he did and what stack does (although i wouldn't put Stack in that bracket) is give the impression that the 18 yard box is their turf and talks the defence through a game. The level of confidence in the defence when Stack is playing compared to Brown or Smith is tangible so for me i'd let both of them go as they may be good shot stoppers, Brown more so than Smith, but that's about it - imho, as a former custodian of the goals.

Sas_The_Hibby
14-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Maybe you're the one that started it then :dunno: :greengrin

Wasn't meaning to patronise you so apologies if it came over to you that way, but yes I do disagree.

Fair enough, no offence taken.

Well, just a little bit! :wink: