PDA

View Full Version : Stack

Doc Holiday
12-02-2011, 10:07 PM
I know he isn't many people's first choice number 1 (I'd go for Browm myself) but credit where it's due I thought the big man was excellent between the sticks today, especially after we went down to 10. He keeped a cool head and made a great save right at the end almost certainly earning us the 3 points. :aok:

AFKA5814_Hibs
12-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Has done well in the two games since he's came back. Happy to have him as No. 1.

PC Stamp
12-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Stack all the way for me if he's fit. He organises the defence and talks to them. That's vital with the young and inexperienced defence we have!

matty_f
12-02-2011, 10:14 PM
I think if Stack's injury problems are behind him then he's our first choice goalkeeper. Better overall than Brown, and he talks his defence through the game. The save at the end was terrific.:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Not seen Divis, so cant comment on him, but Stack imo is the best of the rest. His organization and distribution of the ball is superior to all the rest for me. The back 4 are happy to play the ball back to him too, that must be a relief? :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
12-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Yup - he was immense today.

Gatecrasher
12-02-2011, 10:22 PM
I know he isn't many people's first choice number 1 (I'd go for Browm myself) but credit where it's due I thought the big man was excellent between the sticks today, especially after we went down to 10. He keeped a cool head and made a great save right at the end almost certainly earning us the 3 points. :aok:

i cheered like it was a goal :hilarious

PeterboroHibee
12-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Think Stacks good enough to be No.1 for us, just his history with injuries is a bit of a concern. Is he over them now or is it just a matter of time before he picks up a similair injury again?

Hopefully he is though and we can at least have some consistancy at the back until the end of the season!

joebakerforever
12-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Assured performance all day topped off with that brilliant late save.

Deffo no.1 choice.

Sir David Gray
12-02-2011, 10:48 PM
I like Stack but I still believe that Mark Brown has been dealt with harshly and didn't deserve to be dropped.

If his fitness worries are now behind him, I'd like to think that we will be offering Stack a new contract as it runs out in a few months.

Bookkeeper
12-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Think Stacks good enough to be No.1 for us, just his history with injuries is a bit of a concern. Is he over them now or is it just a matter of time before he picks up a similair injury again?

Hopefully he is though and we can at least have some consistancy at the back until the end of the season!

Agree with this :agree:

Must admit that I would have been happy for him to leave due to the persistent injuries, but with form like that and If he keeps fit - should make keepers jersey his own.

Iain G
12-02-2011, 11:17 PM
I like Stack but I still believe that Mark Brown has been dealt with harshly and didn't deserve to be dropped.

If his fitness worries are now behind him, I'd like to think that we will be offering Stack a new contract as it runs out in a few months.

Interesting some of CC;s comments regarding the keepers over the last few weeks, he said he has chatted to them and they know what the score is.

Assume he's told them to prove that they deserve to be here next season which is why they are all getting a chance to prove to him they are what he is looking for, Stack certainly sounds like he is playing for his place.

Divis and Stack as keepers next year looking likely at present :agree:

weedgiehibbie
12-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Perhaps the right keeper to have in goals for the last 15 mins in the situation we were in. By that i mean someone with some experiance but more so a bit of swagger/confidence who can get his hands on the ball and slow/calm things down

Ed De Gramo
12-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Stack had a belter today :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A bit surprised that Smith was on the bench.....would rather see Divis or Flynn.

Smith should be the punted

AFKA5814_Hibs
12-02-2011, 11:38 PM

A bit surprised that Smith was on the bench.....would rather see Divis or Flynn.

Didn't realise Smith was on the bench. That is a bit worrying if Stack gets injured. :worried:

monktonharp
13-02-2011, 12:32 AM

Smith should be the punted :agree:smith has had his chance. his tea's oot.he f/cked up big style at mc dairmaid last year and he's done nowt tae impress with any games he's been involved with since. punt him

PeterboroHibee
13-02-2011, 08:04 AM

Im still not sure why he was brought in? Its only a 12 month loan, and even if theres an option to bring him in permanently, how are we going to know what hes like if we never see him in an actual game :confused:?

cad
13-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Stack had a better today :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A bit surprised that Smith was on the bench.....would rather see Divisor Flynn.

Mentioned that Smith was on the bench to my mates just after the start ,
why was the overall opinion ?
I would have expected the new guy to be on the bench .
I wonder if Brown will ever play again for Hibs ,as for Smith don't think hes the answer.
I thought Stack was excellent yesterday ,his saves and organisation of our defence got us through a difficult match, especially when down to 10 men

BEEJ
13-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Divis and Stack as keepers next year looking likely at present :agree:
Which would mean Hibs releasing Brown in June with a year left on his contract. That's not been the club's policy of late.

:top marks:agree:

Agree with every word.

fife hfc
13-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Stack all the way for me if he's fit. He organises the defence and talks to them. That's vital with the young and inexperienced defence we have!

:top marks Spot on. Is it any coincidence that last season up until Xmas we had a solid defence with Stack in goals and then when he got injured the defence fell apart.

--------
13-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Assured performance all day topped off with that brilliant late save.

Deffo no.1 choice.

Stack, Brown, and (from what I hear of him) Divis would be more than adequate cover next year - IF GS can stay fit.

Andy74
13-02-2011, 01:38 PM

Dunno. His kicking was losing us possession all the time. Although I think it was more the fact he wanted to give them all a shot. Don't like it myself, I wouldn't have had smith anywhere near the team.

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Stack will make a mistake, they all do, but imo instead of us making a huge deal out of it, for once can we just say well thats something out the ordinary, and remember its only one mistake.

Stack makes the fewest mistakes of any keeper we have had since Daniel Anderson, we need to accept they all will make the odd one, lets get behind the one who is doing the best on a more consistent basis, and organizing the back 4 better into the bargain.:top marks

cocopops1875
13-02-2011, 02:44 PM
I said on threads before if he is likely to be fit long term stack is our number 1. Assured with swagger ,great feet, good shot stopping ,very vocal just a wee bit stuck to his line but with big defenders that should not be an issue. Smith has to be out and brown may not want to stay as 2nd/3rd choice depending on the laddie divis :agree:

Pretty Boy
13-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Of all the keepers we have that i have seen Stack is by far and away the best.

If he can stay fit he's well worth a new contract. Organises the defence well, good shot stopper, decent with he ball at his feet, oozes confidence and self belief and is a real character. People always point out he doesn't come for crosses a lot but the defence know this and deal with it so it's not a huge problem IMO.

Dirkster23
13-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Im still not sure why he was brought in? Its only a 12 month loan, and even if theres an option to bring him in permanently, how are we going to know what hes like if we never see him in an actual game :confused:?

He's been here 2 weeks? Plenty of time for CC to see him in training and games before he has to decide if he wants to keep him.