PDA

View Full Version : Booth

KeithTheHibby
12-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Is it just me or has this lad fitted in seamlessly to the first team?

Looks good on the ball, likes to go forward and above all has confidence in his ability.

Long may it continue!

IWasThere2016
12-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Aye been first class.

madabouthibs
12-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Has the ability to get a cross past the first defender too. :agree:
Great wee player, our best left back since Murph in my humblest opinion. :thumbsup:

Mibbes Aye
12-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Aye been first class.

:agree: He always looked the part at lower levels and it's pleasing that he looks to be dealing with what is a huge jump - from age group football, through a loan spell at a senior side, to full-blown SPL football. There's no shortage of guys who've shone all the way but not been able to make the final hurdle.

It looks like Hanlon, Booth and Wotherspoon are establishing themselves in the first-team from that particular recent very good crop of youth players, which realistically is an excellent return. I hope they all go on to prove themselves to the utmost, though if that happens it of course means we'll be seeing them move on elsewhere eventually :boo hoo:

matty_f
12-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Booth's been terrific since coming into the side. He and Towell have been a big factor in our recent upturn in performances.:agree:

Andy74
12-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Love him. Great first touch and always looking to take men on around the box.

AFKA5814_Hibs
12-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Headlines might go to our new signings, like Palsson, Towell, Sodje etc, but Booth is like a new signing as well. No guarantee another Hibs manager, if Yogi was still here for example, would have played him after his loan spell at Brechin was up.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Great wee player, our best left back since Murph in my humblest opinion. :thumbsup:

:agree:

BEEJ
12-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Taking some of the corners now, too. :aok:

The lad had a great first half. Faded a bit in the second.

.Sean.
13-02-2011, 02:20 AM
B was excellent again. Bit quiter second half but still had a cracking game.

Big90inOz
13-02-2011, 05:03 AM
Booth is being picked out as the "weak link" by other sides, they are double teaming him and he doesn't seem to be getting much support from those around him.
Having said that the guy looks quality and usually manages to deal with what comes his way, just think he needs more help.

smurf
13-02-2011, 05:09 AM
It's too easy to forget he's only a bairn.

That's how good he's been. Terrific.

EasterRoad4Ever
13-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Slotted right into that position as if he'd been playing in the SPL for years. Has the same level of confidence as Witty at that age and is a bit of a player.

skipster7
13-02-2011, 08:42 AM

my thoughts exactly,so comfortable on the ball for a laddie.great to see:greengrin

Scooter
13-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Booth is being picked out as the "weak link" by other sides, they are double teaming him and he doesn't seem to be getting much support from those around him.
Having said that the guy looks quality and usually manages to deal with what comes his way, just think he needs more help.

The time the boy left him. It wasn't his man it was deeks man

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Have to say I had doubts about him going straight in, after seeing some iffy showings when he was on loan. Gladly eating my words though, as being with better players is bringing out the best in him. A half-season in the first team will suit him fine though, as we won't see any spoony-esque burnout.

Big90inOz
13-02-2011, 01:08 PM
The time the boy left him. It wasn't his man it was deeks man

he is being left with a 2 on 1 situation too often, he needs help from the left midfield.

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2011, 01:17 PM
he is being left with a 2 on 1 situation too often, he needs help from the left midfield.

:agree: Murray was drifting infield leaving booth exposed at times. Saying that, he coped very well with it. :top marks

GreenCastle
13-02-2011, 01:22 PM

Murray isn't a natural left midfielder and doesn't play out wide - seems to drift in more to the middle to help.

Murray played well yesterday but Booth would benefit with a really fit left midfielder allowing him to push on and cover him.

BSEJVT
13-02-2011, 02:02 PM

Murray isn't a natural left midfielder and doesn't play out wide - seems to drift in more to the middle to help.

Murray played well yesterday but Booth would benefit with a really fit left midfielder allowing him to push on and cover him.

Oh dear

Tin Hat on.

Booth has done very well since he came into the side until yesterday

IMO he was hesitant, contributed little going forward looked constantly exposed and lost his man several times.

He let him drift inside into the box without a tackle too often as well all IMO.

Having said all that you will get that with a laddie, from time to time and he was far from alone.

I thought yesterday, was a really poor team performance and the amount of time and space we gave them on the ball wouldnt have helped him at all.

Franck Stanton
13-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Oh dear

Tin Hat on.

IMO he was hesitant, contributed little going forward looked constantly exposed and lost his man several times.

He let him drift inside into the box without a tackle too often as well all IMO.

Having said all that you will get that with a laddie, from time to time and he was far from alone.

I thought yesterday, was a really poor team performance and the amount of time and space we gave them on the ball wouldnt have helped him at all.

Phew, and here was me thinking I was alone in this opinion. Think Booth is a really good player, but is still young and learning his trade and yesterday was being taught a lesson on occassions. Not being detremental to the lad because overall had a reasonable game. Also agree with the observations/comments that at times he was left exposed and would benefit from someone who kept his position at left midfield.

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Phew, and here was me thinking I was alone in this opinion. Think Booth is a really good player, but is still young and learning his trade and yesterday was being taught a lesson on occassions. Not being detremental to the lad because overall had a reasonable game. Also agree with the observations/comments that at times he was left exposed and would benefit from someone who kept his position at left midfield.

I thought he was exposed yesterday by having no help from those that should have been in front of him. He did well again imo, apart from a couple of times he was left 2 on 1 and could do nothing much about it.

Everything else he did well, and imo we have a real star in the making with him. When this boy gets stronger, and a bit more experienced, we will struggle to keep him, but will make a right good amount of money from whoever wins the bidding war for him.

Andy74
13-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Part of why I thought Murray was average yesterday was that he couldn't get there to help booth. We were constantly over loaded on tha area particularly first half.

ancient hibee
13-02-2011, 02:30 PM
I hope he gets the support he deserves when he goes off the boil as he obviously will.Someone was telling me that some Hearts fans were booing Templeton the other week.

RMQ1967
13-02-2011, 04:23 PM
I thought he was exposed yesterday by having no help from those that should have been in front of him. He did well again imo, apart from a couple of times he was left 2 on 1 and could do nothing much about it.

Everything else he did well, and imo we have a real star in the making with him. When this boy gets stronger, and a bit more experienced, we will struggle to keep him, but will make a right good amount of money from whoever wins the bidding war for him.

I may be mistaken but is this not the same guy you labelled as one of our "diddymen fullbacks" a few weeks ago?? :na na:

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2011, 04:42 PM
I may be mistaken but is this not the same guy you labelled as one of our "diddymen fullbacks" a few weeks ago?? :na na:

Booths only problem imo is his height. Good centre forwards drop off wide, and big strong wide men will always have an advantage over him from crosses. We had a midfield of diddymen with little or no footballing ability.

Thankfully towell and booth have heaps of it. :na na:

greenlex
13-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Booths only problem imo is his height. Good centre forwards drop off wide, and big strong wide men will always have an advantage over him from crosses. We had a midfield of diddymen with little or no footballing ability.

Thankfully towell and booth have heaps of it. :na na:
Is he really that small? Not from this pic or is it a father ted moment?

Ritchie
13-02-2011, 04:52 PM
I'm really happy we finally have a decent full back again.

One worrying thing though, he got caught too far up the park at times and against better opposition we'd get punished

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2011, 04:58 PM
EMy trained eye as a height expert tells me Booth is ok in that department 5'10" plus.. Acceptable for a full back:agree:

Is he really that small? Not from this pic or is it a father ted moment?

He seems to crouch over a little, much like Murray does perhaps giving the impression he's smaller than he actually is? Other clubs do seem to try and play on this in my opinion, without any success i may add. I'm sure when he fills out more he will be even better, a star in the making imo.

truehibernian
13-02-2011, 04:59 PM

I don't think Booth was identified as the weak link, I think Mixu realised quickly that Ian Murray was getting drawn infield at times and as such left the left wide area exposed.

Hibs had the first 5-10 minutes possession wise, however Killie then began to keep the ball better and as such our midfield were sometimes slow to react, or two of ours were going for one of their's.

Second half, Murray held his position a lot better, and in general the Hibs midfield were more balanced positionally. I also think it helped that Kilmarnock clearly preferred to avoid giving it to Clancy as the game wore on, as his crossing and delivery was woeful. Second half I think Mixu told his team to try and get at Towell who was on a booking and seemed to lose his edge in the tackle.

That's how I saw it anyway. Booth was superb throughout the 90 minutes. I think him and Galbraith could be a very good left side partnership in Paisley if we have confidence enough to get forward.

greenlex
13-02-2011, 05:07 PM
He seems to crouch over a little, much like Murray does perhaps giving the impression he's smaller than he actually is? Other clubs do seem to try and play on this in my opinion, without any success i may add. I'm sure when he fills out more he will be even better, a star in the making imo.
I think they are trying to play to his inexperience rather than lack of stature but he is so composed and unflustered its a waste of time. He is probably coming into the team at the right time. We wont make top six and wont be in relegation trouble either. He only has a half season to play so wont suffer from burn out. He will be a star for seasons to come. :agree:

Hibee Daz
13-02-2011, 05:11 PM

:agree: Spot on mate the laddy is good and I was actually surprised Ian Murray didn't give him a bit more cover yesterday. Booth is confident which is brilliant but he's still inexperienced and therefore shouldn't be left over exposed.

GreenCastle
13-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Oh dear

Tin Hat on.

Yesterday I agree wasn't as good as he has been - but I ask you - who would you play there instead ?

Killie stretched the pitch and you can see why they are 4th - with the way they moved the ball around.

Booth is inexperienced but he's only going to get better with games - look at Hanlon.

BSEJVT
13-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Yesterday I agree wasn't as good as he has been - but I ask you - who would you play there instead ?

Killie stretched the pitch and you can see why they are 4th - with the way they moved the ball around.

Booth is inexperienced but he's only going to get better with games - look at Hanlon.

Forgive me, but I don't recall suggesting playing anyone else there.

Booth is IMO the best left back on the books but as you would expect with his age and lack of experience he is far from the finished article.

If you read some of the quotes about him you would think he was a cross between Ashley Cole and Roberto Carlos.

We make the same mistake with our young players all the time, Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Stevenson.

2 good games and they are world beaters, then when their form drops off as it inevitably does with young guys we are all over them like a rash.

All my post was seeking to achieve was a sense of perspective and not to burden the laddie with unrealistic expectations.

GreenCastle
13-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Forgive me, but I don't recall suggesting playing anyone else there.

Booth is IMO the best left back on the books but as you would expect with his age and lack of experience he is far from the finished article.

If you read some of the quotes about him you would think he was a cross between Ashley Cole and Roberto Carlos.

We make the same mistake with our young players all the time, Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Stevenson.

2 good games and they are world beaters, then when their form drops off as it inevitably does with young guys we are all over them like a rash.

All my post was seeking to achieve was a sense of perspective and not to burden the laddie with unrealistic expectations.

Ok that makes more sense :agree:

I think another left back to cover for him and as fans being patient with him we will see the best out of him - he will make mistakes but the way he's started so far looks very promising.