PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray

hibs4life
12-02-2011, 07:23 PM
I thought he was immense and our MOM today. He was putting a foot in all over the park, especiallyi after we were down to 10 men and was driving on right until the death.
I think he's taken some unmerited criticism, especially implying he's on the wane and his legs are 'gone'. Looked anything but that today and showed he will be a key performer in the coming months.
Well done Ian.

Badge
12-02-2011, 07:27 PM
I thought he was immense and our MOM today. He was putting a foot in all over the park, especiallyi after we were down to 10 men and was driving on right until the death.
I think he's taken some unmerited criticism, especially implying he's on the wane and his legs are 'gone'. Looked anything but that today and showed he will be a key performer in the coming months.
Well done Ian.

Thought he was ordinary in the first half and I thought he might have been substituted for Scott at half time but I'm glad he wasn't as he was much better in the second half.

givescotlandfreedom
12-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Well done Ian.

I totally agree, he was a driving force again for us - particularly in the second half and would have been my MOM too. Excellent performance, well done Ian :flag:

Andy74
12-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Thought he was ordinary in the first half and I thought he might have been substituted for Scott at half time but I'm glad he wasn't as he was much better in the second half.

Thought he was a bit worse than that. A bit surprised by all the praise he's getting tonight!

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Had his best game in ages, but I can't see him being able to put in that level of performance week in, week out. Maybe first time around, but not now.

hibee_girl
12-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Thought he was great today :agree:

He didn't mistime any tackles, he got stuck in and was covering every inch of the pitch today. Really don't understand how folk can think he's done.

Steve20
12-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Murray was superb today. A true captains performance. MOTM by a distance.

Andy74
12-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Can't believe you believe that...:wink:

I do but seems others disagree which is fine.

greenlex
12-02-2011, 07:41 PM
He was there when he was needed. Well done Ian.:flag:

hibs4life
12-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Thought he was a bit worse than that. A bit surprised by all the praise he's getting tonight!

A bit surprised that you're surprised!! ;-)

thebakerboy
12-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Thought Nid was excellent today covered every blade of grass and topped off by a stepover and body swerve to get away from 2 Killie players and set up an attack:hibees

whiskyhibby
12-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Thought Ian did well today, looked a bit slow at times in the 2nd half......................But Victor Palsson, how the ****** did we manage to get him to Easter Road............ superb game, strong, good passing and looked a class above most other players on the park, any time he had the ball, did not panic and looked as if he had all the time he wanted when in posession

:flag::flag::flag:

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2011, 08:09 PM
I thought his 2nd half performance was superb.

3pm
12-02-2011, 08:11 PM

Yep, fair play to you.

gringojoe
12-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Should have won MOM, good steady performance seemed to be in the right place at the right time.

Stewboy
12-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Maybe at the wrong game? 1st half weakest in midfield, but 2st half stood up to the task.

MOTM - sorry, not for me

matty_f
12-02-2011, 09:08 PM

:agree: Thought he was ok first half but not great, even said to A Regulator that I'd consider swapping him for Scott. Glad he stayed on because second half he was immense.:thumbsup:

Joe's ice cream
12-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Think that this game ended up allowing him to show where his strengths are. He's limmited in my opinion when it comes to creating from the midfield, but comes into his own when in a 'backs to the wall' situation.
I'm not his biggest fan, and do think that he gets an easier time of the some fans than other players based on his playing for the badge image, but no complaints today as he drove us towards a good 3 points

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2011, 09:35 PM
:agree: Thought he was ok first half but not great, even said to A Regulator that I'd consider swapping him for Scott. Glad he stayed on because second half he was immense.:thumbsup:

Went in the coopers just before 1pm, but they did not have the footy on. My mates all wanted to watch it, so we went down the percy. Surprised you can still post, thought you'd be pished by now?:greengrin

Yes i agree with you 100% on Murray, first half ok, but 2nd tackled like a tiger, and that little shimmy had me laughing out loud.:faf:

Gala Foxes
12-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Outstanding performance from Murray today - top class

Judas Iscariot
12-02-2011, 10:10 PM

This :agree:

Brooster
12-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Murray was Hibs best player today. He rag dolled a very physical killie midfield.

lucky
13-02-2011, 12:13 AM
Ian Murray gets over the top praise on here after every game that he wins a tackle in. He is too slow now and just not up to it. His second touch is always a tackle. Average at best today over the the 90 minutes

HibbyRod
13-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Without doubt Murray was man of the match! .... especially in the 2nd half when we needed him!!!! :thumbsup:

Stack also made two wonderful saves to 1st keep us level, and also, 2nd to stop them from equalising to keep us ahead near the death!! :greengrin

Happy days!! :na na:

Albion Hibs
13-02-2011, 01:54 AM
I thought Murray was very good today, cant agree with shouts that he was the weak link in the midfield. I thought he drove forward whenever we had the chance and defended very well when we needed him to. I think over the past two games he has been MOM, I think having the likes of Palson and Thornhill in the midfield has helped along with a change in formation. There is no doubt the team as a whole is benefiting from Sodje taking pressure off and giving us something worth kicking a ball up to.

I guess we will see how important a figure he is in the midfield over the next two games. IMO I would much rather not find out as on his recent form I think he has been the difference in our results.

jon paul jones
13-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Murray's endeavour and will to play for the shirt endears him to us...after all he is the love of our life :wink:

There are a few times when the ball gets away from him with the first touch so its inevitable that his second touch is a bone crunching tackle into a 50/50 like today. If the ball falls to a hibs player we applaud coz we want to see committed players. When it falls for the opposition, he's having a mare according to some of our bloggers.

Goes with the territory playing in that position......

Andy74
13-02-2011, 09:38 AM
I thought Murray was very good today, cant agree with shouts that he was the weak link in the midfield. I thought he drove forward whenever we had the chance and defended very well when we needed him to. I think over the past two games he has been MOM, I think having the likes of Palson and Thornhill in the midfield has helped along with a change in formation. There is no doubt the team as a whole is benefiting from Sodje taking pressure off and giving us something worth kicking a ball up to.

I guess we will see how important a figure he is in the midfield over the next two games. IMO I would much rather not find out as on his recent form I think he has been the difference in our results.
No he's not been the difference.

Albion Hibs
13-02-2011, 10:14 AM

Against St Mirren was involved in setting up both goals, and yesterday I thought he was excellent, man of the match. He for me has been the difference in our last two results. You dont agree no probs.

Kevvy1875
13-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Thought Ian has been immense the last two games in a more forward role. His pace not as exposed further up the park IMO.

One of our better players yesterday defo.

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2011, 11:06 AM

I thought he was poor against St Mirren, although did have a hand in the goals. Yesterday's 2nd half performance imo was very good. He did what he's good at, tackling and clearing his lines.

I dont expect him to do anything creative, but we needed what he gives yesterday, especially after the sending off. Like you i dont expect him to keep his place for long, but if his performance merits it, its wrong not to say so.

Taz_hibee
13-02-2011, 04:33 PM

:agree::thumbsup::agree:

Ritchie
13-02-2011, 04:57 PM

You've really got it in for murray these days Andy.

I thought he had his best game yesterday for a long time.

Looked solid and worked his socks off.

jax67
13-02-2011, 05:02 PM

pLAUDITS FOR PUTTING IN A FEW TACKLES, KICKING THE BALL IN THE DIRECTION HE'S FACING, OR OUT FOR THROW-INS AND CORNERS. IMAGINE THE PLAUDITS HE'D GET FOR RETAINING POSSESSION OR MAKING A GOOD PASS. **** SAKE!!!

CropleyWasGod
13-02-2011, 05:34 PM
pLAUDITS FOR PUTTING IN A FEW TACKLES, KICKING THE BALL IN THE DIRECTION HE'S FACING, OR OUT FOR THROW-INS AND CORNERS. IMAGINE THE PLAUDITS HE'D GET FOR RETAINING POSSESSION OR MAKING A GOOD PASS. **** SAKE!!!

Imagine the plaudits you'd get if you worked out how to use the Caps Lock function :greengrin

--------
13-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Imagine the plaudits you'd get if you worked out how to use the Caps Lock function :greengrin

I think he must be typing facing away from the keyboard? :devil:

Murray I would keep around even if only as a future member of the coaching staff. But I'm not convinced that his days as a player are over. I can think of quite a few players over the years who've been moved on because they've been "too slow" or because "his knees were gone" or because "his best days are over". And a lot of them proved their detractors wrong.

Relegation dogfights are rarely pretty to watch and bear little or no resemblance to football as "the beautiful game". All that matters, and I MEAN "all", is that we get the points that will keep us in the SPL.

Yes, Ian's slowing up. We knew that this was likely to happen when we re-signed him. He'll be missing from the next 2 games. I just hope we don't have cause to regret his absence, frankly. He's one player in our squad who I have absolutely no doubt cares very deeply indeed about our staying in the SPL.